Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as we know (and has been reported): he was born into a Muslim family and had attended a Mosque once in the past 5 years.

I thought that the older brother attended the mosque? I havent found anything about the surviving bomber.

one of the sisters. BT. spells her name with an A at the end of her last name. i think its a masculine feminine thing. .

It is. Tsarnaev is a last name of a man. Tsarnaeva is a last name of a woman.
It's the same last name with a different ending, depending on whether it belongs to a man or a woman.

I don't think he's doing much thinking at the moment - he's still drifting in and out of consciousness and needs assistance to breathe.

Our news is reporting that the neck and mouth wounds are indicative of a self inflicted injury, probably an attempt to commit suicide.

If so, hopefully the Mass State Police, in the infared equipped helicopter, caught that on video as well. CYA, ya know?

I doubt he's thinking about anything except for himself.

It was reported that he was cursing violently during the ambulance trip to the hospital. I'm sure the emergency personnel in the ambulance were doing their jobs, but I'm also sure they had a lot of choice words for him too about what the remainder of his life will be like from now on.

If this report is true, it would seem that perhaps it's simply being sedated and intubated that would prevent his speaking and not his injuries. I wonder how serious what was initially reported as a gunshot wound to the "head/neck area" was. That would seem to be a grave injury in most cases.

Where was this reported? The older brother became very religios and apparently attended a Mosque regularly.

Bessie just quoted it (thank you).

My siblings and I all hold very different religious beliefs, and our beliefs are quite different to those of our parents. I don't think you can judge someone's religion/spirituality by the family they're born into, or by what their siblings believe.

https://www.facebook.com/WoundedBostonPoliceOfficerMbtaDicDonohue

Still not out of the woods :(

478704d55f662d4ee43dd40c60c93021

It is. Tsarnaev is a last name of a man. Tsarnaeva is a last name of a woman.
It's the same last name with a different ending, depending on whether it belongs to a man or a woman.

So is Tsarni just a short version of Tsarnaev?

I guess I am trying to determine if the surviving one is practicing Islam, and radical Islam to boot.

Mohammed forbid the killing of women, children and civilians in war, or military actions, IIRC. It is quite a stretch to compare whatever the bombers beliefs are/were with Islam..at least as I am familiar with it. Whatever element the bombers were attracted to, I dont believe it was rooted in true Islam. I hate that communities of Muslims inside of the United States feel like they have to make statements about these guys. I dont recall anyone making apologies for Timothy McVeigh, but I could be wrong.

Bessie just quoted it (thank you).

My siblings and I all hold very different religious beliefs, and our beliefs are quite different to those of our parents. I don't think you can judge someone's religion/spirituality by the family they're born into, or by what their siblings believe.

yes!! this is what i just read as well. jewish (i)vs muslim ev/eva. also russian ancestry. interrsting.

If this report is true, it would seem that perhaps it's simply being sedated and intubated that would prevent his speaking and not his injuries. I wonder how serious what was initially reported as a gunshot wound to the "head/neck area" was. That would seem to be a grave injury in most cases.

The reports are he tried to commit suicide in the boat but failed. Supposedly placed the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger, but he angled the gun wrong and instead of hitting his brain stem or anything, bullet just went out the back of his neck. Still a very severe injury but with paramedics literally right there he should survive.

From your link. I have seen this since he was taken in to custody. Has it been confirmed that this was a suicide attempt?

I've not seen confirmation, only 'reports' or 'authorities suspect'.

From your link. I have seen this since he was taken in to custody. Has it been confirmed that this was a suicide attempt?

"....because of the trajectory and location of the bullet wound in his neck, a source familiar with the investigation said Sunday."

"The shot was fired at close range, the source said, suggesting the wound was self-inflicted"

"...the suspect was mouthing curse words, either to himself or to the armed authorities standing watch in the ambulance as paramedics treated him, the source said."
http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/...naev-may-have-tried-to-kill-himself-1.5113586

Sister Alina hasn't been in contact with her brothers for a while:

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/f...other-uncle-says/story-fndir2ev-1226625309146

THE FBI has removed a computer from the US home of a sister of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects while an uncle claims the younger brother was "used" as more details of their family emerges.
Police said she was co-operating with the investigation and was "heartbroken, surprised and upset," though she told reporters she wasn't sure the accusations against her brothers were true.
The woman, identified by local police as Ailina Tsarnaeva, told Federal agents she had not been in contact with her brothers for years, according to Police Director Michael Indri.
"The main concern was to confirm that there was no contact made one way or the other, and I'm confident that the FBI has confirmed that," he said.

There's a lot of other information at that link. I'm not sure how true it is.

Again, a huge shout out to those in the medical profession (and others on the scene) who treated the victims.

Boston nurses tell of bloody marathon aftermath

....They tick off the list of their hospital colleagues for praise: from the security officers who guarded the doors to the ER crews who mopped up trails of blood. The doctors and — especially — the other nurses....

....Adam Barrett, ICU nurse, shared the patient bedside with investigators searching for clues that might break the case. "It was kind of hard to hear somebody say, 'Don't wash that wound. You might wash evidence away.'" Barrett cleaned shrapnel and nails from the wounds of some victims, side by side with law enforcement investigators who wanted to examine wounds for blast patterns. The investigator's request took him aback at first. "I wasn't stopping to think, 'What could be in this wound that could give him a lead?'"....

http://news.yahoo.com/boston-nurses-tell-bloody-marathon-aftermath-200449911.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels