Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep - apparently, Tamerlan became enraged when the Imam who was giving the sermon compared Martin Luther King, Jr. to the prophet Muhammad.

Tamerlan sounds like he was convinced of his own superior wisdom, like so many self-righteous extremists.

In truth, wisdom is accompanied by humility. As is evidenced by his murderous actions on April 15 & by the assassination of Officer Collier, Tamerlan did not come even close to possessing wisdom or humility.

The story of a self inflicted wound isn't jiving for me. Until I hear a name associated with "a senior law enforcement official", I'm thinking it's media spin doctoring. I'm just not sure if I believe that someone who now can't speak due to injury (vs. Being intubated which seems more plausible) was able to stand and get out of the boat, imo.

I have to believe that the FBI looked into possible suspects in their database before releasing pictures to the public. Which to me means, they didn't have this guy stored or he didn't flag as someone to look into. Which means- either they didn't really take the Russian accounts seriously, or we're being fed wrong information.

I'm wondering why the sister hasn't seen the brothers in "years," according to one of the above links. Since the mother seems to have lived with them while she was in the US - and as recently as last year - that would imply a pretty deep rupture within the family.

"....because of the trajectory and location of the bullet wound in his neck, a source familiar with the investigation said Sunday."

"The shot was fired at close range, the source said, suggesting the wound was self-inflicted"

"...the suspect was mouthing curse words, either to himself or to the armed authorities standing watch in the ambulance as paramedics treated him, the source said."
http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/...naev-may-have-tried-to-kill-himself-1.5113586

No offense to you but I will never ever ever believe any "source familiar with the investigation" "speaking on condition of anonymity" yada yada yada again. Ever.

I will wait for something more concrete. ;)

I'm wondering why the sister hasn't seen the brothers in "years," according to one of the above links. Since the mother seems to have lived with them while she was in the US - and as recently as last year - that would imply a pretty deep rupture within the family.

I agree. During my college years, I became close friends with a 1st generation Russian immigrant family. They were all very close-knit & loyal to one another.

When I heard the stories of the rift in this family, my first thought was that it must have been something significant to have caused the alienation.

This is promising. From Panthera's link:

Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is awake and responding sporadically in writing to questions, authorities said. Investigators are asking about other cell members and other unexploded bombs, law enforcement sources told ABC News.

It's unclear when Dzokhar Tsarnaev will be able to talk, but a special interrogation team is at the ready, sources said...

He apparently knows that his brother died after a Thursday night gun battle with police, sources say.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/authoritie...stions-writing/story?id=19009283#.UXR1n8qOC3O

CNN is reporting it, also.

Bomb suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is awake, and responding to law enforcement questions

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/326112327873216512

WASHINGTON —Law enforcement sources tell ABC News Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the second suspect in the Boston Marathon Bombing, is awake and responding sporadically in writing to questions.

The reports are he tried to commit suicide in the boat but failed. Supposedly placed the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger, but he angled the gun wrong and instead of hitting his brain stem or anything, bullet just went out the back of his neck. Still a very severe injury but with paramedics literally right there he should survive.

How could he climb out of the boat with this injury, or do I have the wrong photo in mind?

article-2311982-1965519A000005DC-857_634x357.jpg

i haven't heard that yet. but that is awesome if in fact true.

How could he climb out of the boat with this injury, or do I have the wrong photo in mind?

article-2311982-1965519A000005DC-857_634x357.jpg

Apparently (according to the above photo) he DID climb out of the boat, and according to several media reports, he has a neck/throat injury, and has been intubated & sedated since he was brought to the hospital after his apprehension.

Frankly, with the injuries he reportedly sustained, I'm surprised he survived.

Then again, one of his victims, Jeff Bauman, survived his horrific injuries.

I have no reason to question the reports of the injuries he sustained. I'm more interested in what he may tell investigators when he's able to communicate.

Capri posted this in earlier thread:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/twitte...9#.UXPuylsjrbE

Has name of younger brothers twitter account, incase it hasn't already been posted. He posted even after the bombings.

Quote:
Last year @J_tsar also tweeted about the Boston Marathon. "@therealAbdul_ boston marathon isn't a good place to smoke tho," he tweeted on Aug. 10, 2012. He also tweeted on Jan. 19, 2013: "To be honest, I don't care for those people that wanna commit suicide, your life b, do what you think will make you happy #selfishbasxxxxx."

does anyone know what therealAbdul_ tweeted on Aug 10, 2012 to which Dzhokhar's reply was: "boston marathon isn't a good place to smoke"?

You would THINK they'd practice, but then, they're not very bright "terrorists". :eek:hoh:

They probably did practice somewhere, I just don't think it would be Hanover. And I can't even imagine where you'd practice near Brown, either. rehoboth, MA is about the only nearby quieter town I can think of in that area? And that's not convenient to UMassD, and it's about 20 mins outside Providence. :confused:

Really? They were bright enough to kill 4 people and wound many many more. I think the fact that the death toll was so low was due to the amount of doctors/first responders present. They also shutdown a major city for many hours causing terror among many residents.

I really don't understand why some folks are downplaying their actions.

Did anyone see this presser, because I want to hear that State Police Colonel XYZ stated that the Boston Bombing Suspect is responding to questions in writing, kwim?

Unfortunately, no I didn't see it.

The story of a self inflicted wound isn't jiving for me. Until I hear a name associated with "a senior law enforcement official", I'm thinking it's media spin doctoring. I'm just not sure if I believe that someone who now can't speak due to injury (vs. Being intubated which seems more plausible) was able to stand and get out of the boat, imo.

I agree. But do we know for sure that he stood and got out of the boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal