That One Key Piece of Guilty Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone!

I found this forum when I was following the Casey Anthony case, but don’t think I’ve ever posted anything.

I SWORE I would not get sucked up and get emotionally invested in another trial – like many others, I wept when the verdict came in - but this one just jumped at me.

If I had to choose one thing, I would say the fact that he backed his car up into the parking lot. He was so focused on finding a spot and parking in a way that passers-by would not see Cooper, he completely forgot the fact that one has to look back and around when backing up into a space. His “I didn’t know he was in there” is not plausible considering the actions required when backing up.

I’ve read the musings that perhaps he used his backup camera. I also have a newer car with a backup camera. But, because I am SO conditioned to looking EVERYWHERE before backing up, looking at the camera is just about the last thing I rely on. I use it only when backing up directly so that I can get close to the car already parked behind me without hitting it, which was not this situation.

And, for what it’s worth, because I have the experience of raising 2 children, it is unfathomable to me that a TODDLER was forgotten – not an infant – toddlers are very active and lively at this developmental stage -

Welcome :seeya:

Caylee brought me here originally too. Aaaaand, I said the same thing, never again would I follow a case so tragic.

What is it about sweet Cooper that brought us both back?! I don't know, but I will be here to the bitter end.

ETA: Det Stoddard testified that RH car did NOT have a back up camera.

In the short drive to work he has to immediately forget to drive to daycare, forget the child is in the car at all, and then not see or hear the child during the drive and parking.

I'm going to stick with Cooper's head being visible over the top of the Chicco KeyFit 30 as the one thing I can't get past. I have a toddler that is the same age as Cooper, as well as a Chicco KeyFit 30, and the idea that he wouldn't have noticed his head above the seat is crazy. The idea of even putting a child that age in a baby bucket seems nuts. Most people only use them for the first year, and then switch to a bigger rear facing convertible or forward facing car seat.

I just put my 23 month old in our old one, and the whole top of her head sticks out. When she is riding RF in her convertible car seat, she is almost completely hidden. Not even close with the infant seat.

Yep, backing up. Try it the next time you're in your own car and tell me what exactly was at JRH 's right elbow.

That's Cooper, at JRH's elbow. Cooper.

The 30 seconds after strapping Cooper into the car at CFA and pulling out of their parking lot during which RH alleges he forgot his happy just fed awake smiling alert beautify baby was in the car with him and "forgot" to go to daycare.

Great idea for a thread Paperdoll!

I'm going to actually follow the rules this time and only list the ONE key piece of evidence that seals the deal for me.

There is NO WAY that RH could have forgotten about Cooper in 30 seconds after strapping him tightly in his car seat and kissing his face. Absolutely no way.

Why thank you! :blowkiss:

I think he believed he would look more innocent if he seemed to be casually driving to a movie and only pulled over when he "heard the baby choking."

BBM, I had forgotten that ridiculous statement about the choking. You know, IMO this statement alone should have convinced LH that RH killed their child. He heard him choking, he looked peaceful with his eyes and mouth closed?? WTH. I'm angry enough at this to want to strangle him, no wait - not strangle, enough to make little cuts all over his body, spread honey on them and hang his sorry arse by his feet from a big old tree. :banghead:

The fact that Cooper was wide awake at the Chik-Fil-A, then supposedly asleep by the time he parked... not even turning his head, babbling or making any movement or noise that his father would notice as his sits in his car for 30 seconds.

Yep, backing up. Try it the next time you're in your own car and tell me what exactly was at JRH 's right elbow.

That's Cooper, at JRH's elbow. Cooper.

I can't actually try it next time I'm in the car, because my toddler has been out of that seat for a year. I would also have to uninstall the 2 other seats I currently have in my backseat, install the old one, and then reinstall afterwards. Instead I just had her sit in the old seat in the living room.

I wonder if jurors will be asked to sit in the driver's seat of RH's car?

I would love to know where RH parked in the lot that day, and if it was consistent with his usual parking preferences and arrival time.

If I could rationalize and/or ignore everything else I've seen & heard, I cannot let go of this one thing. If I understand correctly, there is HD camera footage of the parking lot "pass-by". If he didn't notice/know the situation why stop/pause when someone passed him in the parking lot. He allegedly paused/stopped, turned around and didn't proceed back towards the building until it was clear the person did not go near and/or notice the his vehicle, correct? I can't "get" this.

I think he believed he would look more innocent if he seemed to be casually driving to a movie and only pulled over when he "heard the baby choking."

BBM, I had forgotten that ridiculous statement about the choking. You know, IMO this statement alone should have convinced LH that RH killed their child. He heard him choking, he looked peaceful with his eyes and mouth closed?? WTH. I'm angry enough at this to want to strangle him, no wait - not strangle, enough to make little cuts all over his body, spread honey on them and hang his sorry arse by his feet from a big old tree. :banghead:
\
There are some who disbelieve the statements in the press from witnesses so I would not find it surprising his own wife would, if it was easier than accepting the man who helped you create that little miracle had done this on purpose. If you believe he told people his child who had been "forgotten" in his vehicle for 7 hours was choking, then you MUST believe he may have done this on purpose or that it looks very bad at the very least. I can totally see LH choosing not to believe the witness accounts in the press.

:

I wonder if he heard Cooper choking when he went to the car at lunchtime. Didn't the ME saw Cooper had been dead for 4 hours? That would make his final moments about the time RH visited the car. I wonder if RH heard the choking then and that gave him the idea to claim his child was choking when he pulled over in the shopping center.

I actually hope this not the case as it means prolonged agony for the little boy. But the choking thing is weird to claim unless RH did actually hear something at lunchtime. IMO

I wonder if he heard Cooper choking when he went to the car at lunchtime. Didn't the ME saw Cooper had been dead for 4 hours? That would make his final moments about the time LH visited the car. I wonder if LH heard the choking then and that gave him the idea to claim his child was choking when he pulled over in the shopping center.

I actually hope this not the case as it means prolonged agony for the little boy. But the choking thing is weird to claim unless LH did actually hear something at lunchtime. IMO

LH? Lunchtme?

The smell. Even if by some chance the experts are wrong and it was just a dirty diaper or sweat, organic things that sit in the car for 7 hours are hard to miss.

Yep, that one bothers me too, L&J -- Related to the smell -- he went to his car at lunch... Was there no smell at all, then?? Even if a decomp smell were not yet present, would he not have smelled at least urine which had been in his diaper? Or some other "human" smell -- sweat, maybe? Doesn't make sense. But surely, surely, he would have smelled the first odors of decomp, after 7 hours in a hot car?? Nope, not buyin' it.

And one other thing -- I dropped my son off at the daycare every weekday, and at that age, he was talking & babbling for all he could do from the time we left home till the time we got there. We had conversations -- at least of some type, even if everything he said wasn't actual "speaking real words." Yes, a lot of kids are shy, or the may be groggy early in the morning, but I cannot imagine a child of that age not saying a word or babbling or banging on his car-seat or simply making some kind of noise. Not buyin' that, either.

Imo, there is no way j forgot his son within mere minutes if not seconds.
There is no way he did not see little C in his car seat...no way. Sorry that's 2 instead of 1.

Tossing lightbulbs in the car at lunchtime AND NOT NOTICING HIS DEAD CHILD.

Hello Everyone!

I found this forum when I was following the Casey Anthony case, but don’t think I’ve ever posted anything.

>>> respectfully snipped by borndem <<<

-

Great 1st post -- don't be shy, just jump on in, and
:welcome:

to

Websleuths

:drumroll:MadnNatsmom !!!:drumroll:

We're glad to have you in the bunch!

:thewave:

Driving his car, which reeked of decomposition for over 3 minutes with the windows rolled up. Then claiming that what made him notice that Cooper was in the back and something was wrong with him was that he "made a right hand turn."

The fact that Cooper was found dead in the car that RH had been driving. Whether he left him in there accidentally or on purpose, I think it makes him guilty. That doesn't mean that I don't want to know the truth about what actually did happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona