The accusation that TH tried to abduct the baby

This sounds like another sensationalistic headline that deviates from the truth.

My Quote: Originally Posted by DidionFan
I also agree to this extent - at this point, without the RO, and her thumbs up to the reporters, she may have been wondering where on earth they have been for 24 hours. I suspect KH and baby left siting "cool off time" when in actuality. KH knew Monday was RO day. In this scenario, TH would have definitely wonderer where they were and called the gym for info.

I agree--I have wondered about that "thumbs-up"--she may have completely been in the dark.

I agree, but my feelings about TH being "in the dark" are not innocent. IMO, TH not understanding her predicament and how her actions could be perceived or interpreted as highly strange or guilty-seeming defy my comprehension. TH's being in the dark is certainly not - to me - anything that could be viewed at as victim-like ignorance at this point. I strongly feel she keeps herself in the dark, because she believes everything she does is normal and justified. To have no concept why KH and her baby are gone for as long as they were and to "thumbs up" the household situation to the reporters is beyond me... an alert parent (bio or step) of a missing child - Kyron - should be consumed with taking all appropriate measures to behave for the case, not herself.

I have no understanding why she would not have picked up on clues that KH left the premises completely, given what we now know, unless she has made herself to feel flawless.

The document says she asked them to notify her the next time he comes with the baby, so it sounds like it was not Kaine she wanted to see.

The original poster quoted the article as: "Terri reportedly asked specifically when Kaine was there working out and to let her know the next time he appeared", and I was commenting in response to that information. Thanks!

Abductions don't require breaking of an RO. You can abduct your own child even if there is never, was never, an RO. Parents going through a divorce abduct their own children - it happens. The RO is simply not the only - or even primary - factor in parental abduction.

My point is that she wasn't in contempt of the RO.

I thought this was about discussing attempted abduction, not about contempt/RO.

I understand she had not been served yet. But, this goes to show that Terri is capable of scheming to snatch K back.

Kyron is missing on Terri's watch. Terri calls the fitness center and asks for a heads up as to when K is in the daycare while Kaine is working out. She is sneaking around trying to get K back. Added to the issues with Mr. Cook by giving him a copy of the RO, and then he, mapping out how to get to Kaine's residence, IMO this shows that TH does not care what the court says. She wants the baby back and she might have snatched the child back.

It is just another point in many to show that she continues to be a danger to K. But not one that is a violation of the RO IMO. Just showing her actions could be dangerous to the baby.

Someone at the gym is accusing Terri of trying to abduct the baby, but they only quote her as asking for someone to notify her the next time Kaine comes to the gym? Sounds like jumping to conclusions, to me. :(

Or what if she was planning not to take the baby that time, but the next time? We don't know that she wasn't trying to be sneaky and get that baby right out from under Kaine's nose. She doesn't have to be in contempt of the RO, she was probably just trying to head it off before it was issued.

Though geez, what the hell is going on in her head? Another poster is right, she is seeming to be very manic, good lord...

Someone at the gym is accusing Terri of trying to abduct the baby, but they only quote her as asking for someone to notify her the next time Kaine comes to the gym? Sounds like jumping to conclusions, to me. :(

I with you gardeness. I need more info about this, right now it sounds like "fodder" for the media to run with. KWIM?

Wow..what is going on!?!?
Ok TH or anyone has to be dang near dumb to do what is in this article. Abduct the child already under protection? If this stuff is all true, then yeah they are honing in on her.

I could have done without knowing about the sexting part. Can you say TMI?? :too much info:

An affair after the divorce request was filed? (I was close to right on about this prediction- except I suspected that an affair could have been happening the day of Kyrons disappearance which could help explain why her evasiveness about where-a-bouts to LE).

She almost sounds like she is acting Bi-polar in a manic phase or something.

BBM Bi-polar manic phase does not explain TH's actions most bi-polar people do not behave in this manner. I will concede sexual promiscuity can be attached to manic phases (manic phase is all about the feel good but this is not a given and many people will never experience that symptom) Bi-polar people are generally law abiding decent individuals. It is a MOOD disorder.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Court...n-kyron-horman-contempt-sexting-98270654.html

In addition, the court filing stated that a clerk at a gym frequented by the Horman's said Terri came there on about June 28, before the restraining order was in place, and tried to “abduct” Kiara Harmon, in the words of the gym worker. Terri reportedly asked specifically when Kaine was there working out and to let her know the next time he appeared. The clerk told the manager what happened and the manager then contacted police.

RO had not yet been served, according to this article. IMO, the gym clerk may be embellishing after the fact, or the reporter may be twisting what was said. Maybe a little of both. Sensationalism sells. I would venture a guess that KGW's web site has been flooded with hits since this story was posted today.

In the above pasted snippet, it states that TH asked to be notified the next time KH was there working out. I don't see any mention in the article of TH asking about when KH was there with the baby.

I don't know... that seeing how the RO has not been issued and divorce papers not filed that I wouldn't try to do the same myself to get to my baby. I don't see where the judge could hold her in contempt over this one item. I guess we need to ask the lawyers.

According to the contempt of court documents (www.scribd.com/doc/34241334/Kyron-Horman-Affair) it is not over the attempted "abduction" it is all about the RO being revealed to outside parties against court order.

Boy do I dissagree with this.

There's reasons to jump to all KINDS of conclusions with this woman given what we know.

BBM Bi-polar manic phase does not explain TH's actions most bi-polar people do not behave in this manner. I will concede sexual promiscuity can be attached to manic phases (manic phase is all about the feel good but this is not a given and many people will never experience that symptom) Bi-polar people are generally law abiding decent individuals. It is a MOOD disorder.

Agreed.

I'd venture an armchair guess that borderline personality disorder mixed in with NPD sounds a lot closer to her behavior. Borderlines are extremely sexual in this way, I've (unfortunately) known several diagnosed individuals and this certainly fits.

MOO.

Wow..what is going on!?!?
Ok TH or anyone has to be dang near dumb to do what is in this article. Abduct the child already under protection? If this stuff is all true, then yeah they are honing in on her.

I could have done without knowing about the sexting part. Can you say TMI?? :too much info:

An affair after the divorce request was filed? (I was close to right on about this prediction- except I suspected that an affair could have been happening the day of Kyrons disappearance which could help explain why her evasiveness about where-a-bouts to LE).

She almost sounds like she is acting Bi-polar in a manic phase or something.

People with Bipolar (I) are impulsive...they don't plan things like she did BUT hypersexuality can be part of BP... Sorry...but I can't stand people just throwing around the BP label...she would have displayed erratic symptoms long ago....it doesn't just "come on" at her age. Or, at least, in all my readings about it. I'm Bipolar II.

ETA: I see this was just posted, as well. Thanks for posting, GingerRed.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Court...n-kyron-horman-contempt-sexting-98270654.html

In addition, the court filing stated that a clerk at a gym frequented by the Horman's said Terri came there on about June 28, before the restraining order was in place, and tried to “abduct” Kiara Harmon, in the words of the gym worker. Terri reportedly asked specifically when Kaine was there working out and to let her know the next time he appeared. The clerk told the manager what happened and the manager then contacted police.

RO had not yet been served, according to this article. IMO, the gym clerk may be embellishing after the fact, or the reporter may be twisting what was said. Maybe a little of both. Sensationalism sells. I would venture a guess that KGW's web site has been flooded with hits since this story was posted today.

In the above pasted snippet, it states that TH asked to be notified the next time KH was there working out. I don't see any mention in the article of TH asking about when KH was there with the baby.

The highlighted part is in the court document. It says, "...Respondent came to that location looking to "abduct" her daughter [name], from the gym daycare center while Petitioner worked out at the gym. Respondent asked the clerk to contact her if Petitioner came to the gym with [child]"

I don't think we can blame the media for sensationalism if they report what's in an affidavit.

I think the 'attempted abduction' statement is overblown. However, it points to her sneaky behaviour. If she wanted her daughter back and felt within her rights, call LE & a lawyer.

This latest news illuminates for me the kind of person she is. Kaine should've asked for his address to be blocked on that RO - IMO he & baby K. have narrowly averted another tragedy.

IF TMH intended to pick up baby K from the gym (has not been proven), that really says nothing more about her than KH's actions say about him.

That's essentially what KH did to TMH: waited until she was out of the way, then grabbed baby K and took off for an undisclosed location. He didn't have a RO at that time, he hadn't even filed for one at that point.

KH's new address could not be concealed on the copy of the RO that was served to TMH; how else is she know what address(es) to avoid? Otherwise she could be innocently driving down a street and be arrested for unknowingly coming within 500 feet of his new location.

(I'm not sure which thread to ask this in, forgive me.) Why did MC take a picture of the RO? What for if he already read it and had it sitting in front of him?

Good question. I haven't read anything in the msm about his reasons.

I think a natural speculation was that he (and perhaps TMH) were planning to leak the contents to the media; they would need something to give their allegations credibility.

The above is my speculation only.

That's essentially what KH did to TMH: waited until she was out of the way, then grabbed baby K and took off for an undisclosed location. He didn't have a RO at that time, he hadn't even filed for one at that point.

IIRC, KH didn't do it *to* TH, he did it *because of* TH, based on what LE told him about her soliciting someone to kill him. Not the same thing at all, IMO.

I can see that a mother might feel justified in taking her baby back if the father just decided to slip out of the home with the child due to a desire to divorce and there is nothing to say she's a danger to her children but if she had anything to do with Kyron going missing she knew perfectly well why Kaine left with the baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back