The Anthony's Attend Missing Children's Day commemoration with the Govenor.

Yes, grieving in their own way...stuck in the anger phase, and that's where it ends for now because of the path they have chosen to save Casey. How does one "grieve" while trying to save the one that killed the child you are "grieving" for? They can't grieve until they let go of the lying. This is lying they are engaged in, NOT denial.

Grieving doesn't necessarily equate to death; it equates to a loss. They can grieve for both situations - they have lost Caylee permanently and fwiw, they have most likely lost KC too - to the State Pen. I'm not going to defend their actions but I don't know what it is like to be in their situation. It's not fair for me to judge them nor is it my place to do so.

I do however know what it's like to have a loved one go missing and not know where they are. I said in an earlier post, I have a good idea who caused my friend to go missing 17.5 years ago. However, I still grieve the loss of my friend and hold out a glimmer of hope that he will come home (one way or another). At the same time, I try to reconcile how or why this other person(s) would have done this to our friend. This other person is a wonderful person who I don't want to believe/accept would have done this.

So, the commemoration was only for families with missing children that DON'T know who killed/took their missing child? That's not the impression that I got. Just because KC has been charged with murder (not convicted) doesn't take away their rights to be at this commemoration, IMO. IF they are covering it up, then they need to be in the cell next to KC.

ETA: I can't believe I have come to the defense of CA (shudder).

Don't shudder!

I don't think the commemoration was only strictly for kids whose killers were unknown, but under the title of "Missing Children," I am pretty sure the Anthonys don't fit the bill.

No Amber Alert and no one to plea to on TV--as we can see from Cindy herself. If Cindy believes Caylee is in Mexico, Puerto Rico, Georgia, NY, etc, it is kind if unbelievable that the only time she has left home is for interviews, (ahem, $$) in Manhattan and still no searches.

I do think there are more than 14 MISSING children, whose suspected killers are NOT behind bars, so I feel badly that the As took the place of a "genuinely" missing child. (I'd say we all can browse the missing section here and know the difference between genuinely missing and this part of the forum).

The ONLY upside I can see in their presence is the publicity they unintentionally bring to this cause for the Florida families.

Regardless of what the other families think of Casey they put those feelings aside and offered support and inspiration to Cindy and George. Maybe they know something we don't know about grief and losing a beloved child.

:blowkiss:

Wonderful insight

Respectfully, this ceremony included 13 other families with missing children. For once, I can say, if this mess helps bring to light the epidemic of missing children and as the gps of a missing baby they attended, I say Nejame is finally getting through to them. Musta been a helluva meeting.

Yes, I think Nejame has been good for them. I respect him.

Bold is mine...I am truly sorry you had to experience something so terrible. No one should. Reading through your post you described how a family would normally react to such a tragedy. The A's never stayed holed up in their home, they were in front of a camera every single chance they had and not begging the kidnappers to bring Caylee home but to defend KC and themselves. Never once did they plead for Caylee's life.

KC lawyered up 33 days after her child went missing. In those 33 days KC told no one. Never called 911, her parents, a friend or a boyfriend. She had time to tell someone prior to a lawyer shutting her up but she chose not to.

Actions speak louder than words in my world and CA & GA actions have only raised more questions in my mind and at this point I am not sure if they are victims or accesories-after-the fact. Too many inconsistant statements and lies from the A's to believe what they say. I will have to wait for the trial.

The A's have hired a high powered attorney to soften their image after all the damage they have already done. CA has stated publicly that she would never speak to TM of TES ever again..the world thinks this man is a saint, of course her lawyer would tell her to ease up on TES and be more kind and gentle.

I feel for you as you are having to relive these feelings all over again but the A's are not the normal, typical, family. You probably couldn't equate them with your friends family.:)

Thank you for your words about my friend! It was and still is a tragedy. (He was going to ask his gf to marry him that night.) In my friends situation, the guys that were with him when he went 'missing' are walking free to this day. :furious: No charges ever brought against them. They lawyered up too and still 17.5 years later act as though nothing ever happened. In fact, one of them just adopted a little baby girl. :bang:

I agree with your comments about the fact that no one has ever made a public plea for Caylee. I've said that since day 1...or day 32 rather. :rolleyes: However, I still can't blame them for not wanting to see their daughter go down for this. In their minds (no comment their) they can't reconcile that their daughter may have done this. In my mind, she's as guilty as the day is long.

I can say that if in their shoes, I don't know how I would act/behave. Would I be angry? Probably. Their granddaughter is missing and the whole world is pointing fingers at their 'precious KC'. I continue to have empathy for CA and GA but I can't say that I agree with their actions. If they have anything to do with a cover-up, may they rot in jail with her.

I could never imagine being in the Anthonys' shoes, you know why? Because I wasn't raised by liars, thieves and shovers of self responsibility. If Cindy and George's denial is 'acceptable' then I declare we are witnessing a dual dysfunction of thought processing at its highest form known to man.

There is no grey matter here. This is what it is. Enough of the theories, the 'what ifs', and 'buts'. The only things anyone who loved Caylee has to concentrate on is HOW and WHERE.

Yes, I think Nejame has been good for them. I respect him.

Nejame is working for the defense. He would not be around if he wasn't. He has been tactically placed in the mix to create the illusion that the A's are grieving GP's that are trying to help. He OVER-emphasized so many times how "George was doing the unthinkable" testifying at the GJ. George did not testify against Casey, no way. This is all smoke screen to take the heat off the A's and to sway the public resentment that is against them. Would Cindy and George have him around otherwise? I never thought for a minute that Nejame was the "voice of reason" as many people think. Tricky, tricky... All he is doing is good PR for the GP's....which is badly needed.
So, yes, Nejame HAS been good for the Anthony's. (and the defense)

Don't shudder!

I don't think the commemoration was only strictly for kids whose killers were unknown, but under the title of "Missing Children," I am pretty sure the Anthonys don't fit the bill.

No Amber Alert and no one to plea to on TV--as we can see from Cindy herself. If Cindy believes Caylee is in Mexico, Puerto Rico, Georgia, NY, etc, it is kind if unbelievable that the only time she has left home is for interviews, (ahem, $$) in Manhattan and still no searches.

I do think there are more than 14 MISSING children, whose suspected killers are NOT behind bars, so I feel badly that the As took the place of a "genuinely" missing child. (I'd say we all can browse the missing section here and know the difference between genuinely missing and this part of the forum).

The ONLY upside I can see in their presence is the publicity they unintentionally bring to this cause for the Florida families.

How does the A's not fit the bill as having a missing child? Caylee is missing and presumed dead (albeit the A's don't want to accept that). Whether Caylee is missing at the hands of KC (and I believe that 100%) or a stranger/babysitter, she is still a "genuinely" missing child and they deserve to be at this commemoration just as much as any "geniunely" missing childs family, IMO. What sets Caylee's missing persons status aside from the others? They are all MISSING!

As for the 'searches' or lack thereof: if the A's or whoever is paying PI's to search, then they are technically searching (albeit from the comforts of their home). It may not be our definition of searching, but it is still searching nonetheless. Honestly, if Caylee were my child, I would have used the media to my advantage - public pleas, etc. Also, I would have been on the next plane to wherever I wholeheartedly believed Caylee was at (as would most everyone - channeling Beth Twitty here). I think that the fact that they haven't hopped a plane speaks volumes at their beliefs.

No amber alert was given because of the delay in reporting. And not only that, there is no description of the "kidnapper" or their vehicle. Although, I think the "kidnapper" is a 5'4"ish brunette with brown eyes who drove a 2-door white pontiac sunfire with a black bra on it (oh wait, she's in jail). :rolleyes:

I just don't think they want to 'accept' that Caylee is gone. Again, I can't blame them.

Nejame is working for the defense. He would not be around if he wasn't. He has been tactically placed in the mix to create the illusion that the A's are grieving GP's that are trying to help. He OVER-emphasized so many times how "George was doing the unthinkable" testifying at the GJ. George did not testify against Casey, no way. This is all smoke screen to take the heat off the A's and to sway the public resentment that is against them. Would Cindy and George have him around otherwise? I never thought for a minute that Nejame was the "voice of reason" as many people think. Tricky, tricky... All he is doing is good PR for the GP's....which is badly needed.

I agree with you on that one! Now, he just needs to remind them that he is their mouthpiece; therefore, they need to keep theirs shushed.

I know he's working for the defense. I still respect him. He's not as abrasive or openly cocky as Baez. He seems to have calmed things down.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, though.

ETA: I think it IS the unthinkable to have to testify to information that implicates your daughter in your grandchild's murder, whether he is in denial or not. That situation is unbearable. He might not have testified against her in the sense that he said he thought she did it, but he certainly implicated her with his testimony, unless he perjured himself by changing it.

I respectfully disagree. While I look at it as them having their priorities screwed up as far as trying to save Casey, I do feel they are grieving in their own way. There is not a manual on how to grieve. We each grieve differently.

For example: my Daddy died 4 years ago and no one ever saw me shed a tear (I cried in the privacy of my room or in the shower). My extended family thought I was cold for not 'caring' that I lost my Daddy because they never saw me cry. I still grieve his loss but still in the privacy of my home. Doesn't mean I don't care!

I'm sorry for the loss of your Daddy 4 years ago. My Daddy is 88 and I'm afraid I will need a muzzle and strait jacket when he goes. It must have been so hard on you to grieve so privately.
What I'd like to say about the Anthony's and their visit with the governor is that they still were in front of the cameras talking about all the tips coming in from people who have actually seen Caylee. I'm sorry, but if I saw Caylee right now, I would yell CALL 911!! Get on my cell IMMEDIATELY! Follow that car! If in a store, yell LOCK THE DOORS! I wouldnt care who had her....As much as I care for this little girl right now it would be my life for hers!

I am sure this will not be popular here, but I find it appalling when they KNOW their daughter is in jail for murder. I wonder how much they will collect from this appearance.

Does it not bother anyone else that she can't go less than 5 miles to search for her granddaughter's last know place, but can "jet" all over the country to do "cameos"?

It bothers me, but I also believe that C&G know the truth, that their grand daughter is deceased. In my opinion, it is all about KC's defense at this point.

I'm sorry for the loss of your Daddy 4 years ago. My Daddy is 88 and I'm afraid I will need a muzzle and strait jacket when he goes. It must have been so hard on you to grieve so privately.

What I'd like to say about the Anthony's and their visit with the governor is that they still were in front of the cameras talking about all the tips coming in from people who have actually seen Caylee. I'm sorry, but if I saw Caylee right now, I would yell CALL 911!! Get on my cell IMMEDIATELY! Follow that car! If in a store, yell LOCK THE DOORS! I wouldnt care who had her....As much as I care for this little girl right now it would be my life for hers!

Thank you for your kind words! After 4 years, it isn't any easier.

Anyway, I admit, I haven't watched the video from yesterdays commemoration (don't have the stomach for it). But, I'm like you, if I thought I saw Caylee, I wouldn't be calling CA. I would call 9-1-1 and get someone on this pronto! You know though, I do have to wonder if they are receiving any tips daily and fwiw, I think they are. I think there are people 'out there' that have a sick enough sense to keep their hopes alive by making these phone tips. I don't think they are receiving 1000's though, not even 100's; a little exaggerated to say the least.

I could never imagine being in the Anthonys' shoes, you know why? Because I wasn't raised by liars, thieves and shovers of self responsibility. If Cindy and George's denial is 'acceptable' then I delcare we are witnessing a dual dysfunction of thought processing at its highest form known to man.

There is no grey matter here. This is what it is. Enough of the theories, the 'what ifs', and 'buts'. The only things anyone who loved Caylee has to concentrate on is HOW and WHERE.
I agree...the only grey area here is the result of the defenses "spin". It is clearly black and white to me, given all the known facts.
Many are sucked into the vortex of that spin, not me. All that is left is HOW and WHERE is the body. Things we can take off the checklist: WHO and WHY.

Bold is mine...I am truly sorry you had to experience something so terrible. No one should. Reading through your post you described how a family would normally react to such a tragedy. The A's never stayed holed up in their home, they were in front of a camera every single chance they had and not begging the kidnappers to bring Caylee home but to defend KC and themselves. Never once did they plead for Caylee's life.

KC lawyered up 33 days after her child went missing. In those 33 days KC told no one. Never called 911, her parents, a friend or a boyfriend. She had time to tell someone prior to a lawyer shutting her up but she chose not to.

Actions speak louder than words in my world and CA & GA actions have only raised more questions in my mind and at this point I am not sure if they are victims or accesories-after-the fact. Too many inconsistant statements and lies from the A's to believe what they say. I will have to wait for the trial.

The A's have hired a high powered attorney to soften their image after all the damage they have already done. CA has stated publicly that she would never speak to TM of TES ever again..the world thinks this man is a saint, of course her lawyer would tell her to ease up on TES and be more kind and gentle.

I feel for you as you are having to relive these feelings all over again but the A's are not the normal, typical, family. You probably couldn't equate them with your friends family.:)

Well said. Thank you.

I could never imagine being in the Anthonys' shoes, you know why? Because I wasn't raised by liars, thieves and shovers of self responsibility. If Cindy and George's denial is 'acceptable' then I delcare we are witnessing a dual dysfunction of thought processing at its highest form known to man.

I agree...the only grey area here is the result of the defenses "spin". It is clearly black and white to me, given all the known facts.
Many are sucked into the vortex of that spin, not me. All that is left is HOW and WHERE is the body. Things we can take off the checklist: WHO and WHY.

I know he's working for the defense. I still respect him. He's not as abrasive or openly cocky as Baez. He seems to have calmed things down.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, though.

ETA: I think it IS the unthinkable to have to testify to information that implicates your daughter in your grandchild's murder, whether he is in denial or not. That situation is unbearable. He might not have testified against her in the sense that he said he thought she did it, but he certainly implicated her with his testimony, unless he perjured himself by changing it.
I agree, he is non-abrasive, emits compassion and is easy on the ears, a brilliant selection by the defense. One job well done by Baez.

lizzysf: "Yes, grieving in their own way...stuck in the anger phase, and that's where it ends for now because of the path they have chosen to save Casey. How does one "grieve" while trying to save the one that killed the child you are "grieving" for? They can't grieve until they let go of the lying. This is lying they are engaged in, NOT denial."

ITA. Any victim of violence or person simply grieving the death of a beloved one deserves empathy. But this appears to go far beyond simple denial, and to my knowledge "lying" or "cover-up" isn't included among any of the stages of grief. There may not be a manual but I can assure you, unselfish parents or grandparents would come to terms with their own fears and face their own grief in order to assist their child in admitting the truth instead of continuing EVEN NOW to enable her lies knowing this could result in a possible life or death sentence. They are FAR too concerned w/ appearances, protecting their image, and perpetuating this charade. Whether it is the result of KC's learned manipulation, or narcissism, or she in truth has had some kind of psychotic "break" and is truly sick, may God have mercy on them for not, even at this point, at least seeking to get any treatment or HELP for their child. I have long said KC would rather face the full force of FL than to admit to CA that she was right about KC being an "unfit mother." KC would rather get a needle because HER MOTHER WON'T GIVE HER PERMISSION TO TELL THE TRUTH. 'I know my mother will never forgive me.' No, for that KC could NEVER make restitution. I have a 20 year-old daughter and two year-old granddaughter and God forbid if we were living this nightmare I can assure you I wouldn't be protecting a child who refused to tell me what happened or to direct me to my grandchild. And if they choose to sacrifice their innocent grandchild (ie her proper burial) for their culpable child, then they will inspire far less sympathy. I don't believe KC was just born w psycho genes or is some kind of "demon seed." And I do believe parenting extremes may have played a role in bringing us where we are today. And until CA chooses to work w LE and be part of the solution, then she remains a HUGE part of the problem which she has been all along. CA and GA belong w other grieving families who know their loved one is deceased--not at a "missing child" forum. CA HAS 'already lost one' so why not try to salvage what remains of KC's life instead of keeping her ill or a prisoner of deceit. JMO.

Truthwillsetufree: "Bold is mine...I am truly sorry you had to experience something so terrible. No one should. Reading through your post you described how a family would normally react to such a tragedy. The A's never stayed holed up in their home, they were in front of a camera every single chance they had and not begging the kidnappers to bring Caylee home but to defend KC and themselves. Never once did they plead for Caylee's life.

I feel for you as you are having to relive these feelings all over again but the A's are not the normal, typical, family. You probably couldn't equate them with your friends family.:)"

Amen. Your username says it all. I could not agree more w/ what you have stated.

12 other families (among many others out there) that would love to have help from TES, law enforcement and anyone else willing to help find their children, unlike the Anthony's. Since I believe they know Caylee is dead at the hands of their daughter, this charade would be unwelcomed by me if I were one of those families.
Just my opinion.

:clap: I have no problem with the Anthony's seeking comfort. I suggested a long time ago I wish they would see a grief counseler. I am for just about anything that helps them come to terms with what has happened as I could not begin to imagine how horrific all this is. With that said though, if I were a parent of a child who is missing it would be very very difficult for me to be near the Anthony's. I would be upset they have not pleaded, searched, been 100% truthful with LE & most of all the way they refused to help Tim Miller. A lot of families would be so grateful if their case had the media attention, people like Tim & LP wanting to help. Again, I am not faulting Cindy & George as I have no doubt they need some comfot but if Nejame really wants to undo the image so many people have of the Anthony's, he would suggest they make a hefty donation to TES & be there to maybe help register people & most of all to say thanks. They don't ever have to say they think Caylee is dead. All they have to say is how very much they appreciate so many people taking THEIR day to search & for caring.

:clap: I have no problem with the Anthony's seeking comfort. I suggested a long time ago I wish they would see a grief counseler. I am for just about anything that helps them come to terms with what has happened as I could not begin to imagine how horrific all this is. With that said though, if I were a parent of a child who is missing it would be very very difficult for me to be near the Anthony's. I would be upset they have not pleaded, searched, been 100% truthful with LE & most of all the way they refused to help Tim Miller. A lot of families would be so grateful if their case had the media attention, people like Tim & LP wanting to help. Again, I am not faulting Cindy & George as I have no doubt they need some comfot but if Nejame really wants to undo the image so many people have of the Anthony's, he would suggest they make a hefty donation to TES & be there to maybe help register people & most of all to say thanks. They don't ever have to say they think Caylee is dead. All they have to say is how very much they appreciate so many people taking THEIR day to search & for caring.
Our thoughts differ in that I do not believe they were there to seek comfort. They were there as a planned move for the defense of Casey. To look like they are grieving GP's that we should feel sorry for. It weakens the prosecutions case if they can sway people to believe their plight. They have a dead grandchild, killed by their own daughter who is facing murder charges. I only feel sorry for them to the extent that they are really screwed up folks who are deluding themselves. THAT is sad. A dead child is sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back