The Anthony's Attend Missing Children's Day commemoration with the Govenor.

LeLe:"I am for just about anything that helps them come to terms with what has happened as I could not begin to imagine how horrific all this is. With that said though, if I were a parent of a child who is missing it would be very very difficult for me to be near the Anthony's. I would be upset they have not pleaded, searched, been 100% truthful with LE & most of all the way they refused to help Tim Miller. A lot of families would be so grateful if their case had the media attention, people like Tim & LP wanting to help.... if Nejame really wants to undo the image so many people have of the Anthony's, he would suggest they make a hefty donation to TES & be there to maybe help register people & most of all to say thanks. They don't ever have to say they think Caylee is dead. All they have to say is how very much they appreciate so many people taking THEIR day to search & for caring."

(bold mine) Thank you. ITA. ETA: I do not believe attending a missing child commemoration does in any way assist them in the slightest in coming to terms w what has happened however, but in truth prolongs and postpones this. JMHO

How does the A's not fit the bill as having a missing child? Caylee is missing and presumed dead (albeit the A's don't want to accept that). Whether Caylee is missing at the hands of KC (and I believe that 100%) or a stranger/babysitter, she is still a "genuinely" missing child and they deserve to be at this commemoration just as much as any "geniunely" missing childs family, IMO. What sets Caylee's missing persons status aside from the others? They are all MISSING!

As for the 'searches' or lack thereof: if the A's or whoever is paying PI's to search, then they are technically searching (albeit from the comforts of their home). It may not be our definition of searching, but it is still searching nonetheless. Honestly, if Caylee were my child, I would have used the media to my advantage - public pleas, etc. Also, I would have been on the next plane to wherever I wholeheartedly believed Caylee was at (as would most everyone - channeling Beth Twitty here). I think that the fact that they haven't hopped a plane speaks volumes at their beliefs.

No amber alert was given because of the delay in reporting. And not only that, there is no description of the "kidnapper" or their vehicle. Although, I think the "kidnapper" is a 5'4"ish brunette with brown eyes who drove a 2-door white pontiac sunfire with a black bra on it (oh wait, she's in jail). :rolleyes:

I just don't think they want to 'accept' that Caylee is gone. Again, I can't blame them.

Bree---if you read my post, for the most part, I agree with you as a complete outsider without a missing child. In this case, however, someone has been indicted and as a direct relative of the As, it's a matter of not telling. You know, for the first 31 days and ever since.

If you don't see a difference between say Polly Klass, Adam Walsh, and Caylee then that makes all the difference. Yes, the first two are dead. They were initially missing. Frantic parents, polygraphs, media---MISSING!! Caylee. Not so much.

Fbi reports (and what KC knows).....that's what differentiates this case and after reading about your friend, which is gut wrenching and GENUINELY missing....well, Caylee is different and the chloroform, hair bands, etc spell that out. 17.5 years from now, I don't believe Caylee will walk through the door, Why? She's not missing......her body just hasn't been located and the evil person who disposed of her like trash won't tell on herself.

You say if Caylee were your child you would have used the media to your advantage----well, UNLESS you didn't want her found at this point because you know......

Whether or not the As search from their couch, can you verify that they have appealed to a kidnapper or indicated Caylee has wandered off and is missing? It's not up to me to invite or disinvite them to a commemorative event, but with the media (and yes, the dollars they have made from their exploits) searching for this "missing" child should be a given. I'd imagine the other parents at the event would wish the same.

The problem in your post is the problem the As faced at the event in question---the Amber alert. I *know* why there was no Amber alert :rolleyes: and so do the other 13 families. That is what distinguishes the "missing" part of the whole event.

I am not an Anthony-basher, but didn't they turn it into a "vanity-event?" Ya know--we can't accept it so we label our grandchild as missing, even though, cough, we know. Is that fair to the other families who were present or the hundreds of families without the media coverage? How many people have to be hurt by their lack of grieving? Is it up to the world to accomodate whatever it takes to get them through the process?

There granddaughter is "missing" because their daughter chooses to lie. They haven't asked her, they will not will they visit her in jail and insist on the truth. I am sure most of the families present yesterday wish it were so simple. I am all about grieving, but why demoralize real people with children who are genuinely missing?

With the media appearances, money, and all the As have access to, why not let people with missing family members have the spotlight? Again, I am happy for the UNINTENDED consequence of the As...to put this event in the news....but make no mistake, in their world, it's still all about them and THAT is what's wrong with their appearance at this event.

Our thoughts differ in that I do not believe they were there to seek comfort. They were there as a planned move for the defense of Casey. To look like they are grieving GP's that we should feel sorry for. It weakens the prosecutions case if they can sway people to believe their plight. They have a dead grandchild, killed by their own daughter who is facing murder charges. I only feel sorry for them to the extent that they are really screwed up folks who are deluding themselves. THAT is sad. A dead child is sad.

I don't think our thoughts are different. I probably should have said IF they are there to seek comfort. It is a shame they have screwed their image up so bad their motives are even in question. They really do have only themselves to blame for the publics perception of them.
If being at this event today was just a media ploy to make them look sympathic to a jury, I don't think it will work. There are so many clips that, that with their own words, make them appear hostile to anyone who disagree's with them. I think the only thing that will matter is what they say in court & how they say it. Apart from the OJ jury, juries are normally made up of people who know how to wade thru the b.s. I don't think they will be fooled. IMO there is nothing the Anthony's can do to undo the evidence. They could go to as many functions as they wish, only they & God will know the truth behind why they are there. If it's to find comfort, great. If it is to use other missing children to gain sympathy, empathy, shame on them.

KC may not be anything close to the same as other parents of missing children, but you can't deny that Cindy and George have lost a grandchild through no direct fault of their own.

However, I have no doubt that KC has tried to pin this on Cindy. moo

In the interview, Cindy mentions 1000's of tips coming in all the time. IF this is the case, why aren't any of them mentioned? I don't buy their statements that they don't want to scare off whoever has her. I would think that their PI's (IF they really have them) would be on NG talking about leads and what they have done looking for her. Seems weird that we've yet to hear (or I haven't) from any of the PI's.

Newbie here and I haven't been able to catch up on all the posts! :)

I've been able to figure out most of the initials, but have a question on a few. What is ITA and ETA? I/everyone think about ?

I think by them going to this, they've raised awareness for other truly missing children and that's not a bad thing.

TippyToes: "If you don't see a difference between say Polly Klass, Adam Walsh, and Caylee then that makes all the difference. Yes, the first two are dead. They were initially missing. Frantic parents, polygraphs, media---MISSING!! Caylee. Not so much...

Fbi reports (and what KC knows).....that's what differentiates this case and after reading about your friend, which is gut wrenching and GENUINELY missing....well, Caylee is different and the chloroform, hair bands, etc spell that out. 17.5 years from now, I don't believe Caylee will walk through the door, Why? She's not missing...

The problem in your post is the problem the As faced at the event in question---the Amber alert. I *know* why there was no Amber alert and so do the other 13 families. That is what distinguishes the "missing" part of the whole event."

(bold mine) ITA

In the interview, Cindy mentions 1000's of tips coming in all the time. IF this is the case, why aren't any of them mentioned? I don't buy their statements that they don't want to scare off whoever has her. I would think that their PI's (IF they really have them) would be on NG talking about leads and what they have done looking for her. Seems weird that we've yet to hear (or I haven't) from any of the PI's.

I've been able to figure out most of the initials, but have a question on a few. What is ITA and ETA? I/everyone think about?

It's weird alright ("Entirely Totally Absurd?" J/k "Just Kidding"). Want to say welcome (from an old-timer like me who's been around for a whole month lol). ITA: "In Total Agreement." ETA: I had no clue but recently used because it seemed what people write when they later added/clarified anything lol. So I looked it up and found 69 possible meanings (71 incl'g our's, see link). After quickly ruling out the more common "Estimated Time of Arrival," and "Electronic Transfer Account" etc (and my personal favorite, "ExtraTerrestrial Artifact") I arrived at "Edited to Add." HTH ("Hope That Helps") IIRC ("If I Recall Correctly") I didn't know WT* ("What the *) these were four weeks ago either. JM(H/U/R)O ("Just My Humble/Unprofessional/Riciculous etc Opinion")

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/eta

I've been able to figure out most of the initials, but have a question on a few. What is ITA and ETA? I/everyone think about ?

I think by them going to this, they've raised awareness for other truly missing children and that's not a bad thing.

Totally agree with you SCHTown! When little Cole Puffinberger was kidnapped by the mexican cartel for the sins/theft of millions of drug money by his grandfather, his parents IMMEDIATELY contacted the police and and Amber alert was issued IMMEDIATELY! They knew who had him. The drug cartels are vicious yet they still cared more for the return of their son. This case turned out miraculously well because 99% dont fair so well and we all know Cole was found safely walking the streets of Vegas. I think the tips coming in are just people looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

It's weird alright ("Entirely Totally Absurd?" J/k "Just Kidding"). Want to say welcome (from an old-timer like me who's been around for a whole month lol). ITA: "In Total Agreement." ETA: I had no clue but recently used because it seemed what people write when they later added/clarified anything lol. So I looked it up and found 69 possible meanings (71 incl'g our's, see link). After quickly ruling out the more common "Estimated Time of Arrival," and "Electronic Transfer Account" etc (and my personal favorite, "ExtraTerrestrial Artifact") I arrived at "Edited to Add." HTH ("Hope That Helps") IIRC ("If I Recall Correctly") I didn't know WT* ("What the *) these were four weeks ago either.

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/eta

:woohoo: being a newbie as well THANK YOU! been wondering about those acronyms for a bit...some I've figured out--today I finally figured out (at least thinking I have:confused: WWYMD! and finally you answered the IIRC (I was leaning towards something in the legal format for that one considering the many many peeps here who are so on top of all the info!)

As for the Anthonys attending the thing--seems to me they have been haters for anyone who hasn't followed whatever story they are using. I can almost bet most of those in attendance never went to bars to seek out their children--or even keep the child is missing to themselves. The anthonys seem to burn their bridges faster than they can be built--which doesn't help their cause. they demand us to look yet... Most of these cases the parents of the child always seem to want to know where their child/baby is---if deceased a proper burial--deny deny deny--
I have have paniced over a lost dog more than what they have done--if it were one of my kids...I'd be done
jmo but it does boggle my mind that they insist on keeping things to themselves...:confused:

I don't think our thoughts are different. I probably should have said IF they are there to seek comfort. It is a shame they have screwed their image up so bad their motives are even in question. They really do have only themselves to blame for the publics perception of them.
If being at this event today was just a media ploy to make them look sympathic to a jury, I don't think it will work. There are so many clips that, that with their own words, make them appear hostile to anyone who disagree's with them. I think the only thing that will matter is what they say in court & how they say it. Apart from the OJ jury, juries are normally made up of people who know how to wade thru the b.s. I don't think they will be fooled. IMO there is nothing the Anthony's can do to undo the evidence. They could go to as many functions as they wish, only they & God will know the truth behind why they are there. If it's to find comfort, great. If it is to use other missing children to gain sympathy, empathy, shame on them.
Agree. True that!

Totally agree with you SCHTown! When little Cole Puffinberger was kidnapped by the mexican cartel for the sins/theft of millions of drug money by his grandfather, his parents IMMEDIATELY contacted the police and and Amber alert was issued IMMEDIATELY! They knew who had him. The drug cartels are vicious yet they still cared more for the return of their son. This case turned out miraculously well because 99% dont fair so well and we all know Cole was found safely walking the streets of Vegas. I think the tips coming in are just people looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

It is not the fault of the Anthony grandparents that Caylee was not reported missing right away. Cindy called 911 within minutes of learning Caylee was gone.

It is not the fault of the Anthony grandparents that Caylee was not reported missing right away. Cindy called 911 within minutes of learning Caylee was gone.
true...but I bet now that they wouldn't have made the call when they did. I don't think Cindy realized the truth when she made the call...but figured it out pretty quick after. She probably wishes she would have had the time to mastermind the plot before calling the cops. She has had to shoot from the hip...and it looks like Casey is going down...
The stories don't hold water and are "absolutely" absurd.

true...but I bet now that they wouldn't have made the call when they did. I don't think Cindy realized the truth when she made the call...but figured it out pretty quick after. She probably wishes she would have had the time to mastermind the plot before calling the cops. She has had to shoot from the hip...and it looks like Casey is going dowb.

I'm sure Cindy wishes that there had been no reason to make that call.

Being as I think that George had a hand in disposing of Caylee's body and being that I think they have all lied to cover up for Casey, I have to say that I do have a problem with the Anthony's attending this event.

I do wonder how many other parents/family of missing children/adults actually have a daughter/sister of their family in jail on murder one charges of having killed that missing child or adult? I honestly believe in my heart that the Anthony's presence was out of line for the reasons I have stated. I cannot be a hypocrite about it.

JMO

I'm sure Cindy wishes that there had been no reason to make that call.

Well of course! That's a given. But she did have to...and here they are now. I am just saying she I am sure wishes she would have figured out the truth first so they could have come up with a better story together before they called. They are covering for Casey, you know.

Well of course! That's a given. But she did have to...and here they are now. I am just saying she I am sure wishes she would have figured out the truth first so they could have come up with a better story together before they called. They are covering for Casey, you know.

its not as though LA didn't hint about it...in his interveiw he (moo) kept almost prompting KC what to say when police are called...

Sorry, I meant if Casey was telling the truth when she said in many of HER lies that someone dangerous had kidnapped Caylee, SHE should have called 911 right away. It was, in fact, her daughter, just like the Puffinbergers. Sorry, I did'nt make my post clear!

Well, Casey seemed to have the missing child scenario down pat several months before Caylee even went missing, so having her parents focused on these type events is giving her what she wanted. Now if she can just be found innocent of the pesky murder charge, she'll be all set with her parents and can go on with life being a victim.

No Chilly, remember, she wanted to first report the car stolen and to find out where she could turn KC in as the police station they went to was closed. The first 911 calls were not about Caylee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back