The boys heard clicking Noises discuss here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see staging a kidnapping in order to cover an accident by a child. That's even more farfetched than saying the nanny took your daughter in order to cover an accidental drowning, IMO. Surely even they aren't naive enough to believe that a 6 or 8 year-old would be prosecuted as an adult for murder?

Sorry prncsskc, I hope I didn't scare you off on your first post! Welcome to WS, and glad you piped up! :seeya:
:welcome5:

Thanks for the welcome and no worries about scaring me off. ;)

I know it sounds far fetched, but truly, I wouldn't put anything past anyone anymore. Especially not after the outcome of that case which shall not be named. It was just a thought I had, and I think something worth checking into honestly. Anything could happen. JMO

Well that is an assumption that would be wrong. I did random testing on a property with 8 employees last year - a manager, assistant manager, 2 leasing consultants, Lead Maint, Asst. Maint., painter, and a porter.

The porter, painter, and one of the leasing consultants failed - all cocaine.
The Asst. Maint. - pot

I was shocked by the porter. He made minimum wage. He couldn't pay his bills, but he could buy cocaine.

I see that here as well. Can't pay the phone bill, but she can buy a box of wine and cigarettes.

I can tell you that if it comes to getting a fix with coke or paying bills, someone hung up on coke, will use the money for the coke. Unfortunately, I know this from three different people in my extended family.

I agree with those who stated that it would be a new, unfamiliar noise/sound that the boy(s) heard that night.. If it were a regularly heard, familiar noise/sound(tapping of computer keys) IMO they either would have said they heard someone on the computer typing, or possibly not mentioned it all as it was just an everyday occurrence likely to not even register or stand out in one's mind..

As far as clicking sounds I also agree with those about gas stove as well as furnace.. These two make very distinct "clicking" sounds repeatedly.. But IMO that, too would fall in the category of familiar, regularly heard sounds in the home.. UNLESS.. and here's where I believe that all of the ^above^ mentioned noises/sounds that are usually normal, not even noticed since they occur everyday in the home.. Something IMO that would change that normally regular, unimportant sound to a memorable sound/noise that was noticed, remembered, and stood out in the child(ren)'s minds would be if it was the son that was sleeping in the bed with mom was the one who gave LE this detail in their interviewing the children early on..

Meaning that I could see this sound/noise being quite memorable, even tho a regularly heard sound in The home.. But not when you're lying in bed next to mom.. IOW he realizes that it wasn't momma that was making the clicking sound, therefor it was a bit frightening(and I dOnt mean in a way where he's hysterically crying thinking the boogeyman is in the house).. But just that he awoke and heard this clicking noise and the reason he thought so much of it to recall and tell about it to others would be that he was in bed with mom so he didn't know "who" or "what" was making the clicking sound.. Maybe it did scare him enough to try to wake mom and ask her what the noise is.. But sadly we know mom had plenty of wine and maybe didn't even wake, or just nonchalantly told him it's ok, go back to sleep.. Deb IMO wouldn't even have memory of that.. I mean even when not having had a drop of alcohol my hubby or child have woken me to tell me something that the next morning I have zero recollection of their even waking me, much less remembering that they told me something.. So the son easily could've even made some comment to mom about the "noise" and mom have replied and her have no memory of any of it(the sound, the son commenting on the noise, or her assuring him it's ok Go back to sleep)..*

Another explanation could be that The son awoke to hearing the clicking sound, saw mom laying asleep next to him, and assumed it was daddy doing something to make this clicking sound.. So, the child goes on back to sleep.. Only later on when dad did arrive home from work, discovering Lisa was gone, and the son awoke to the commotion going on realizing that daddy just now got home, and he'd been asleep next to mommy, so he realizes that it wasn't mom or dad making that clicking noise that had awakened him and he'd heard earlier.. And also realizing with baby sister now gone that the clicking noise was likely being made by the person taking Lisa(another origin of the clicking noise could have been Lisa's baby bed with raising and/or letting the railing of the bed down.. This too makes a distinctive clicking sound)..

Just some different thoughts and/or possibilities for the how, the when, the where, and the who regarding the child(ren) hearing "clicking" sounds/noises that night Lisa was abducted.. Jmo, tho!

OMG...we need a smiley with a tin foil hat.
:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

tinfoilhatsmile.gif

I noticed in the video of baby Lisa's room there was a baby swing. I remember my daughter's swing made a clicking noise when in operation from the spring mechanism. The baby swing being in her room I think is strange. Babies should be monitored while in them, especially as they get older and bigger. Many things don't feel right to me, and I also do not trust any statements that the parents make now. How can anyone believe the account of the person who was blacked out?

Up til now I never wanted to point the finger at Lisa's Mother, but the story is getting more and more disturbing. I didn't want to think of another Mother neglecting their child. The fact that Lisa was sick and DB still got drunk is starting to really bother me. I was a young Mother and as much as I liked to party when I was young I never ever did it unless my Son was being babysat by his Father or my Mother. I never left him with anyone but Family. When you have a child that small you have to be on your toes all the time. What I am saying is it's pretty darn selfish to go get drunk when your baby is sick and needs you. Maybe in DB's drunken stupor she overdosed little Lisa on cold medication. Wasn't JI concerned his wife was going to get obliterated while he was at work and DB was the only one caring for Lisa? Plus, if JI was an Electrician why were they so broke? Electrician's make a good salary! I know because my Brother is one.

I doubt she was doing coke. It's really not as popular as it was in the 90's. These days it's pretty high brow. I'm not saying drugs are out of the realm of possibility, just that cocaine is unlikely. When you're financially pinched, it's not enough bang for the buck when there are so many cheaper highs these days.

:waitasec: Just so we're clear, I'm gathering this theory from work experience- not recreational activities. :floorlaugh:

Meth and heroin can also be cut into lines and snorted. That being said, I think it is a big leap to go from a box of wine after the kids go to bed to hardcore narcotics.

baby lisa's bedroom window was open, right? maybe there was a breeze that kept making her door move... maybe it creaked or was at that point where the door is almost closed, so the breeze kept pushing it against the door frame/latch. i dont really know how to explain what i mean (lol). but our bathroom door upstairs does that if the window is open. it's a clicking sound. oh man, this could have been so many things!

That makes me think of when we leave our windows open in the summer and breeze blows the blinds and makes them tap on the window sill. That could definitely sound like a clicking sound from another room.

That makes me think of when we leave our windows open in the summer and breeze blows the blinds and makes them tap on the window sill. That could definitely sound like a clicking sound from another room.

That brought great memories to mind. Definitely a good idea about the clicking sound.

My children are 10 yrs apart in age. My son was holding my daughter (about 2 yrs old at the time) in blockbuster video. He dropped her as he was reaching for a video game. She got a concussion, and she fell on a carpeted floor. I was there, so I know what happened. If he dropped her at home, and I was not right there and he never said anything, I could have put her to bed without knowing. Children can go to sleep and never wake up from a concussion. I am not saying this is what happened to Lisa, just stating a personal experience.

That must have been cheap commercial grade carpet on top of a concrete floor and no pad underneath. Those carpets are glued right to the concrete.
Usually falls on carpeted floors at home do not cause serious head injuries. Carpets used in homes are normally thicker, and they have a pad underneath which helps to cushion the baby's fall.

Those pull-down attic stairs make a clicking sound when they are pulled down and pushed back up... And it would be a relatively unfamiliar sound, IMO. Thing is we do not know when the so called clicking sounds were heard.Middle of the night ? Or earlier on in the evening ?

MOO

Up til now I never wanted to point the finger at Lisa's Mother, but the story is getting more and more disturbing. I didn't want to think of another Mother neglecting their child. The fact that Lisa was sick and DB still got drunk is starting to really bother me. I was a young Mother and as much as I liked to party when I was young I never ever did it unless my Son was being babysat by his Father or my Mother. I never left him with anyone but Family. When you have a child that small you have to be on your toes all the time. What I am saying is it's pretty darn selfish to go get drunk when your baby is sick and needs you. Maybe in DB's drunken stupor she overdosed little Lisa on cold medication. Wasn't JI concerned his wife was going to get obliterated while he was at work and DB was the only one caring for Lisa? Plus, if JI was an Electrician why were they so broke? Electrician's make a good salary! I know because my Brother is one.

I am in no way defending DB for drinking too much while having the responsibility for 3 children, That was not a wise decision, but she is young, and young people sometimes do make big mistakes.
As far as Lisa being sick....a healthy 10 month old baby having a cold is just not that serious.
As for electricians making good money...it depends. My nephew is an electrician, and he is at the beginning of his career. He would struggle financially if he had to support a family of five. Some companies pay better than others also, and some areas of the U.S. have higher pay scales than others. The cost of living has to be considered as well.

I am in no way defending DB for drinking too much while having the responsibility for 3 children, That was not a wise decision, but she is young, and young people sometimes do make big mistakes.
As far as Lisa being sick....a healthy 10 month old baby having a cold is just not that serious.
As for electricians making good money...it depends. My nephew is an electrician, and he is at the beginning of his career. He would struggle financially if he had to support a family of five. Some companies pay better than others also, and some areas of the U.S. have higher pay scales than others. The cost of living has to be considered as well.

Even if your baby only has a cold, they get up all night long. If you are the only caregiver at the time, how are you going to tend to your child if you are so drunk you black out? Yes, she obviously made a huge mistake!

Just sitting here reading when hubby went out and opened the garage door....

IT makes a clicking sound!

Could the boys have heard someone opening the garage doors on the lower level?

We don't really know what they heard at all, considering the idea that they supposedly heard "noises" is coming from DB, it's hearsay, and not a first hand account.

Okay guys I am new to this case and new to posting, but I think I have an idea. Help me out here.

There was a call around 2:30? Incoming or Outgoing?

Wasn't there a nearby dumpster fire around then?

How far do baby monitors broadcast?

I'm thinking that if mom was drunk (going from my personal observations of drunk/druggie ex-friends) that maybe she tried to use the baby monitor as a way to listen in on the house in case the kids/boyfriend/husband/whatevs started to poke around while mom was at the dumpster.

Drunks get turned around on logic pretty easily (and according to her comments about her drinking that night ... she was in a brownout at the least) and I don't think it is a stretch that she got confused that the monitor would transmit sounds from the house instead of broadcasting her sounds TO her house. (wouldn't the other monitor be in her room near the kids?

The most profound, repetitive clicking sound that comes to mind for me (I'm a smoker) is the sound of those fireplace/grill lighters. Those things are a devil to keep lit outdoors if there is any wind. From personal experience I can tell you that the "click click click" of someone trying to light a garbage fire with one of those things is a very distinct and unforgettable sound.

just saying. I'm not good enough with my facts in this case to know if I may have a valid idea.

ETA: Well that's what I get for not reading page 2. Sorry guys. I have classes today and was in a hurry.

BBM The receiver portion of the monitor is usually cordless, but the part that goes in the baby's room is usually not.

But if she did take the receiver to listen, it might cause both ends to make a clicking noise. Our makes a noise when they run out of range or when both ends are on a different frequency.

Maybe Lisa was playing with the blinds because she wasn't sleepy anymore. Sadly, most of us have memories of those old blinds and babies getting caught in the drawstrings. Awful thought but I am amazed to see that some people still have those old blind or even tie off the ends on the new ones and then once again they can become like a noose.

Hi everyone - long time with no post but love reading

I wonder if the child heard a clicking sound of a bed? rhythmic headboard...springs?

It just seems strange as most children could name a sound that they are familiar with but the sound of rumpy pumpy? They wouldnt recognize that sound

Long shot I know but maybe she wanted adult time and the baby was fractious?

The blinds IMO would be a definite source for a "clicking" sound, especially in us knowing for certain the computer room window was left open.. If it infact had blinds that were even partially/halfway down.. Or all the way down.. Either way with the window open any of the even slightest of breezes all throughout the night would make the blinds "click" as they are hitting the window, screen, or surrounding indoor window sill..

So very many different possibilities.. Truly the amount is endless with knowing NOTHING BUT THAT ALLEGEDLY ATLEAST ON OF THE CHILDREM HEARD A CLICKING SOUND.. no specifics on whether one click, or was hours of continual clicking sound, or when they heard it.. For all we know it's not even accurate or it was heard at 6:00pm.. WhO knows and it's anyone's guess.. All we can do is just guess, I guess?!? ..lol:crazy:

Even if your baby only has a cold, they get up all night long. If you are the only caregiver at the time, how are you going to tend to your child if you are so drunk you black out? Yes, she obviously made a huge mistake!

Mine didn't always get me up all night long, and with having had 3 kids, I have experienced plenty of babies with colds. How well a baby with a cold sleeps depends on many things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucasmiller