The Burglary and the Jacket

Yes. He didn't text her much at all, only to catch up on life every so often. He just wanted to say goodbye to her before he left for basic training but she had said that she was really busy being as how she was only visiting for spring break, and that was the end of the conversation. So, I'm not sure who they're exactly talking about there. I never thought it was him in the first place but if they are, then that's exaggerated to the max.

Thank you!! One more then I dont know of anything else lol This has always made me curious. Especially since now we have had someone confirm that it was AJ jacket. Do you know anything about this? I am not meaning to put you on spot just was there ever a conflict of the jacket? Thanks again

Zach 3/26/2015 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orfolk-3-March-2015-7&p=11627363#post11627363 I just had a thought. WHAT IF, Wes actually did find the jacket - but it wasn't Anjelica's Longwood jacket. When I spoke to the kid's mom, she said the only jacket was his girlfriends jacket. Maybe Wes went a bit too crazy - broke into the house assuming this kid did something, found this jacket and ASSUMED it was Anjelica's and then told police?? That leaves the clothes and debit card and gas station. The clothes and debit card could be somebody else - somebody that is taunting people no doubt, but somebody besides Wes. The gas station is still a little bit off, especially from what I know of Wes, but it's murky so room for doubt. So if the sighting is accurate at 1p and 2p, then there is a chance it is somebody else. There is even a tiny tiny chance that Anjelica herself is in on it. She is not a devious kid at all, but I know from experience she can turn on a dime. Somebody might be helping to conceal her because she has had enough and is just trying to figure out what to do next?

Looking for another link, somehow I didnt remember reading that the Witnesses only told "the truth" on March 20, day that WS went down to NPD, and the search warrant was issued... :thinking:
The witness said he did not tell police the whole story about the jacket until March 20. They arrested Hadsell the next day and charged him with four counts of obstructing justice, one charge of possessing ammunition after a felony and one charge of breaking and entering. He was also charged with animal cruelty after allegedly hitting a dog during the break-in. http://wavy.com/2015/05/11/wesley-hadsell-obstruction-of-justice-case-to-be-continued/

Thank you!! One more then I dont know of anything else lol This has always made me curious. Especially since now we have had someone confirm that it was AJ jacket. Do you know anything about this? I am not meaning to put you on spot just was there ever a conflict of the jacket? Thanks again

Yes of course a lot of people got this confused because I had my old high school hoodie that I had left at Corey's house that the police did end up taking, but they found out eventually that it was mine. It sucks though because I never got it back, but yeah this was entirely different from Aj's sweater.

I am still curious why LE dropped all of the B and E charges. Maybe the 'witnesses' were not going to testify?

That is what happened in the previous kidnapping case of his ex-wife. She was too afraid to testify against him at the trial, according to her father. I could see him intimidating these kids too.

Just curious, but... do you honestly think these "kids" were scared of WH? I don't, but I can see how some might believe that.

Yes. He didn't text her much at all, only to catch up on life every so often. He just wanted to say goodbye to her before he left for basic training but she had said that she was really busy being as how she was only visiting for spring break, and that was the end of the conversation. So, I'm not sure who they're exactly talking about there. I never thought it was him in the first place but if they are, then that's exaggerated to the max.

Just FYI (and some peace of mind), I never believed the story in the MSM about your husband's texts "scaring" AJ. I think someone used that to cast doubt & throw some nasty shade on him. I think it was unfair, unjust, and just spiteful. I know many people following this case in the media feel the same way.

So cf is your hubby? I thought the jacket found was his girlfriends school jacket and not AJ. Didnt cf mother state this to zach or the media. That the jacket wasn't AJs. But it was similar or something.

Just curious, but... do you honestly think these "kids" were scared of WH? I don't, but I can see how some might believe that.

Being as how he threatened them, I think they were genuinely scared of him, but then again they have all known him since they were in 6th grade so they were obviously comfortable around him so I'm not sure.

So cf is your hubby? I thought the jacket found was his girlfriends school jacket and not AJ. Didnt cf mother state this to zach or the media. That the jacket wasn't AJs. But it was similar or something.

Yes I was his girlfriend at the time, but both jackets were found. One was my hoodie that I had left there, and the others was hers. She did state that my jacket was taken though, and she wasn't wrong about that.

Lauryn, how does CF and his mom feel about the charges for the B&E charges being dropped? Did they have any communication with the prosecutor about that decision?

Also, was the dog ok??

I think he has a bad temper and can be aggressive and intimidating. Especially if one attempts to 'snitch' on him and send him back to jail.

I think he is a very violent, dangerous character. He acts all 'buddy/buddy' with his 'friends' that he parties with, and pretends to be a good loyal person. But then there are his violent outbursts that come every so often---and those are scary, imo.

I think he has a bad temper and can be aggressive and intimidating. Especially if one attempts to 'snitch' on him and send him back to jail.

I think he is a very violent, dangerous character. He acts all 'buddy/buddy' with his 'friends' that he parties with, and pretends to be a good loyal person. But then there are his violent outbursts that come every so often---and those are scary, imo.

Cocaine + alcohol can make for an explosive temper. (IMO)

Being as how he threatened them, I think they were genuinely scared of him, but then again they have all known him since they were in 6th grade so they were obviously comfortable around him so I'm not sure.

For whatever reason, I got the feeling that they (those who knew about it beforehand and said nothing) used that as an excuse as to why they kept quiet. Sort of along the lines of "oh we wanted to tell you officer but he threatened us and we were SO scared!" Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they were afraid of him? Or, maybe not.

Also, I'm a little confused as to how they all knew him since they were in the 6th grade. Didn't WH just come into the picture in 2010? That was only 5 years ago. (not that it really matters in the long run I guess, that just confused me since I figured all these boys are around the same age as AJ and none of them would have been in the 6th grade in 2010).

My take from all of that is that AJ made a joke about meeting up with Corey, and Chelsea took it way out of context. But that's JMO.

Lauryn, how does CF and his mom feel about the charges for the B&E charges being dropped? Did they have any communication with the prosecutor about that decision?

Also, was the dog ok??

Well Corey never really had a say in what happened with the B&E charges only because he was at basic training so he had no idea what was going on until later. His mother, however, went to court I believe. But she dropped the charges against him because she didn't want drama for the family. She just wanted to leave it alone. And as for the dog, she's very old. She's already almost 10. She use to be really smart but ever since the break in, it's almost as if she's lost a lot of brain cells. It's sad, but she's in good hands. A family friend has been caring for her since we left VA.

For whatever reason, I got the feeling that they (those who knew about it beforehand and said nothing) used that as an excuse as to why they kept quiet. Sort of along the lines of "oh we wanted to tell you officer but he threatened us and we were SO scared!" Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they were afraid of him? Or, maybe not.

Also, I'm a little confused as to how they all knew him since they were in the 6th grade. Didn't WH just come into the picture in 2010? That was only 5 years ago. (not that it really matters in the long run I guess, that just confused me since I figured all these boys are around the same age as AJ and none of them would have been in the 6th grade in 2010).

It was around middle school that they had met him, so I apologize if I had that incorrect. But I think if AB was truly terrified of him, he wouldn't have testified against him, same goes for the others. Who knows!

My take from all of that is that AJ made a joke about meeting up with Corey, and Chelsea took it way out of context. But that's JMO.

Most likely. She may have showed the messages to Wes, and maybe he stretched the truth. In all honestly AJ was never "scared" of Corey. If anything back in January they were giving eachother advice on stuff. She would always give CF advice on our relationship if we were having problems. She just seemed like the type of friend that would always be there if you ever needed her. It's so sad how bad things happen to good people.

Just want to refresh everyone's memory regarding the jacket.

Here's what Wes said in his interview with CH: " lets just say that my daughters jacket, because I’m not going to beat around the bush, my daughter’s jacket that she was wearing when she saw me last, that someone recognized as she was driving as a dark navy blue color - something up top - obviously that’s the jacket, her Longwood softball jacket with her name stenciled in it, now that was found in this guy’s possession hidden in his house."

So....where did Wes last see AJ wearing this jacket? Let's ask him, shall we? " I left and then I heard from Anjelica. She did give me a phone call, so people know, she called me on the phone and asked to borrow money." <snip> " I left work at 11:53am and I drove over to the gas station - the police know all of this – the public does not know, so I’m going to release this information so people can stop attacking my family and my character. I met her, I would say, around 12:10, 12:15. "

Okay. So according to Wes, he actually SAW AJ wearing the Longwood Jacket that day. And this occurred at a gas station meeting around 12:10 or 12:15. But wait...what's this?

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/10/stepfather-aj-hadsell-charged-heroin-possession

Police also pointed to Hadsell's "alleged inconsistent statements," gas station video and the fact that his stepdaughter wasn't posting on social media. Kimball's motion says the gas station video showed nothing.

No AJ and Wes showing up on the gas station video, so...where exactly DID he see her that day wearing her Longwood Jacket? If the two of them really were out in a public place, why wouldn't he have honestly named the place?

JMO here, but the reason Wes made up the gas station story is because when he saw AJ that day wearing her Longwood jacket, he either saw her in his hotel room or at her home. I'm going to pick the former. And why does Wes lie to us about this? I think that's incredibly obvious. At least to me it is.

Well Corey never really had a say in what happened with the B&E charges only because he was at basic training so he had no idea what was going on until later. His mother, however, went to court I believe. But she dropped the charges against him because she didn't want drama for the family. She just wanted to leave it alone. And as for the dog, she's very old. She's already almost 10. She use to be really smart but ever since the break in, it's almost as if she's lost a lot of brain cells. It's sad, but she's in good hands. A family friend has been caring for her since we left VA.
RBBM according to reports from Media, the Judge dismissed the charge of B&E because the Pros agreed with the Def that WH didnt have intent to commit a crime, that he broke in because he thought his daughter was possibly in the home.
In court Monday, a judge dismissed the animal cruelty and the breaking and entering charges. Hadsell&#8217;s lawyer argued he did not have an intent to commit a crime when he broke into the home, and the judge agreed. The judge also agreed there was not sufficient evidence of Hadsell hitting the dog. http://wavy.com/2015/05/11/wesley-hadsell-obstruction-of-justice-case-to-be-continued/

The only reason he was still charged was because after it was dismissed by the Judge, the Pros did direct indictment
which means in VA the Pros can do that even if the Judge dismissed. JMHO they have to have the B&E for the Obstruction stuff because was tied to the B&E and JMHO the search warrant too. They had had WH under survaillence per new docs March 11 thru March 20. March 20 is when as per link upthread, the witnesses came clean...

Update May 20, 2015: A Grand Jury in Norfolk returned six felony indictments against Wesley Hasell on Wednesday.

Hadsell was indicted on one count of Possession of Ammunition by a Convicted Felon and four counts of Obstruction of Justice. Those five charges had all been certified from General District Court.

He was also indicted on one count of Statutory Burglary via a direct indictmenthttp://wtkr.com/2015/05/11/judge-dismisses-two-charges-against-wesley-hadsell-four-others-will-go-to-grand-jury/

JMHO, if CF Mother dropped charges maybe that has something to do with State of VA dropping their charges? :thinking: Just thinking out loud. I guess depends when the Mother dropped the charges would help answer that question possibly.

ETA: per court docket charges Nolle Prosequi 8 days ago. http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/Search.do

Lauryn001 -

Are you able to clarify who was on scene (or arrived first) when CF found AJ's debit card pieces on his walk home?

Did CF call someone close to AJ or the police or was someone just coincidentally nearby and just stumble upon CF just after he found the debit card pieces? And just happened to take a picture?? (By the way...does anyone have the video that shows that picture of that bag of debit card pieces??)

Any thoughts on why anyone would place a cut up debit card in a particular location and have any expectation that CF would actually notice it, much less pick it up to read the name?? Was it found in an obvious spot that he couldn't have missed (like it was left to be found) or was it just in the area and CF happened to notice it? Was the card in two pieces cut longways with the name showing clearly? (as if maybe cut intentionally to be identified?)

Anyone thoughts of someone else that might walk that path regularly that may have been a target to be the finder? (yes or no is fine, i would totally understand) I just feel like she was well known in the neighborhood so anyone may have recognized her name, especially since she was missing.

Do you know which prompted police to come to the house initially? Were the police provoked because WH/AB?? reported "finding" the jacket there or did CF's family report the break-in and police responded. Any idea when the evidence was collected by police?

IMO...it seems like finding the debit card may have been a catalyst (to some degree) to provoke WH to then break-in and plant a jacket and create additional suspicion/misdirection. Once the police were called and the jacket being there came into police knowledge it seems that's also when WH may have started the push to exaggerate discussions about the intent of any text messages. Further to a possible incrimination plot...the clothes that were "found" by WH/AB/CS in Chesapeake was just shortly before WH's arrest on 3/20. Perhaps once WH knew CF left for basic training he picked a possible path of travel to NC out of VA to sprinkle his bread crumbs so the clothing would be on a roadway that CF may have used to leave for the Army. By that time the crew of supporters was crumbling and the break-in details were coming out to police. This was all quite the distraction from the reality of what really happened to this young woman. A lot of self preservation was going on that's for sure!

Thanks for any willingness to answer any of my questions. Sorry to be so long, just had a train of thought going and went with it! :)

Lauryn001 -

Are you able to clarify who was on scene (or arrived first) when CF found AJ's debit card pieces on his walk home?

Did CF call someone close to AJ or the police or was someone just coincidentally nearby and just stumble upon CF just after he found the debit card pieces? And just happened to take a picture?? (By the way...does anyone have the video that shows that picture of that bag of debit card pieces??)

Any thoughts on why anyone would place a cut up debit card in a particular location and have any expectation that CF would actually notice it, much less pick it up to read the name?? Was it found in an obvious spot that he couldn't have missed (like it was left to be found) or was it just in the area and CF happened to notice it? Was the card in two pieces cut longways with the name showing clearly? (as if maybe cut intentionally to be identified?)

Anyone thoughts of someone else that might walk that path regularly that may have been a target to be the finder? (yes or no is fine, i would totally understand) I just feel like she was well known in the neighborhood so anyone may have recognized her name, especially since she was missing.

Do you know which prompted police to come to the house initially? Were the police provoked because WH/AB?? reported "finding" the jacket there or did CF's family report the break-in and police responded. Any idea when the evidence was collected by police?

IMO...it seems like finding the debit card may have been a catalyst (to some degree) to provoke WH to then break-in and plant a jacket and create additional suspicion/misdirection. Once the police were called and the jacket being there came into police knowledge it seems that's also when WH may have started the push to exaggerate discussions about the intent of any text messages. Further to a possible incrimination plot...the clothes that were "found" by WH/AB/CS in Chesapeake was just shortly before WH's arrest on 3/20. Perhaps once WH knew CF left for basic training he picked a possible path of travel to NC out of VA to sprinkle his bread crumbs so the clothing would be on a roadway that CF may have used to leave for the Army. By that time the crew of supporters was crumbling and the break-in details were coming out to police. This was all quite the distraction from the reality of what really happened to this young woman. A lot of self preservation was going on that's for sure!

Thanks for any willingness to answer any of my questions. Sorry to be so long, just had a train of thought going and went with it! :)

wow, I never connected the area of the clothing 'bread crumb trails' and the route CF would take to boot camp. Very interesting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back