The Burglary and the Jacket

RBBM according to reports from Media, the Judge dismissed the charge of B&E because the Pros agreed with the Def that WH didnt have intent to commit a crime, that he broke in because he thought his daughter was possibly in the home.

The only reason he was still charged was because after it was dismissed by the Judge, the Pros did direct indictment
which means in VA the Pros can do that even if the Judge dismissed. JMHO they have to have the B&E for the Obstruction stuff because was tied to the B&E and JMHO the search warrant too. They had had WH under survaillence per new docs March 11 thru March 20. March 20 is when as per link upthread, the witnesses came clean...

JMHO, if CF Mother dropped charges maybe that has something to do with State of VA dropping their charges? :thinking: Just thinking out loud. I guess depends when the Mother dropped the charges would help answer that question possibly.

ETA: per court docket charges Nolle Prosequi 8 days ago. http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/Search.do

The way I understand it is that if the victim of a crime does not wish to pursue charges and the prosecution is open to considering that option then they may have just presented it to a judge under the legal process that was most advantageous to minimize impact to any other cases against that offender. Norfolk filed the charges, so Norfolk has to decide to drop the charges. That doesn't mean the victim was actually responsible for the charges being dropped, just that the prosecution just likely honored the request on their own terms for logistical reasons. Just working the system on the LE side I suspect.

Typically, if someone hits me and I call the police and I elect to press charges, then I can drop those charges. If the police show up and see someone hit me, then they bring up the charges. I can request they drop those charges as the victim, but they don't have to do so. This is why many people in such a situation don't show up to testify in court. No victim, likely no conviction. Happens all the time in domestic violence cases. Sadly...

Such as chess game!

The location where the clothes were found were en route to Moyock, or the Outer Banks. To go to Fort Benning, the likely route would take you down 58 rather than 168. You could get there down 168, but it would take you quite a bit out of the way...

Just want to refresh everyone's memory regarding the jacket.

Here's what Wes said in his interview with CH: " lets just say that my daughters jacket, because I’m not going to beat around the bush, my daughter’s jacket that she was wearing when she saw me last, that someone recognized as she was driving as a dark navy blue color - something up top - obviously that’s the jacket, her Longwood softball jacket with her name stenciled in it, now that was found in this guy’s possession hidden in his house."

So....where did Wes last see AJ wearing this jacket? Let's ask him, shall we? " I left and then I heard from Anjelica. She did give me a phone call, so people know, she called me on the phone and asked to borrow money." <snip> " I left work at 11:53am and I drove over to the gas station - the police know all of this &#8211; the public does not know, so I&#8217;m going to release this information so people can stop attacking my family and my character. I met her, I would say, around 12:10, 12:15. "

Okay. So according to Wes, he actually SAW AJ wearing the Longwood Jacket that day. And this occurred at a gas station meeting around 12:10 or 12:15. But wait...what's this?

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/10/stepfather-aj-hadsell-charged-heroin-possession

Police also pointed to Hadsell's "alleged inconsistent statements," gas station video and the fact that his stepdaughter wasn't posting on social media. Kimball's motion says the gas station video showed nothing.

No AJ and Wes showing up on the gas station video, so...where exactly DID he see her that day wearing her Longwood Jacket? If the two of them really were out in a public place, why wouldn't he have honestly named the place?

JMO here, but the reason Wes made up the gas station story is because when he saw AJ that day wearing her Longwood jacket, he either saw her in his hotel room or at her home. I'm going to pick the former. And why does Wes lie to us about this? I think that's incredibly obvious. At least to me it is.

:yeahthat: :clap:

The location where the clothes were found were en route to Moyock, or the Outer Banks. To go to Fort Benning, the likely route would take you down 58 rather than 168. You could get there down 168, but it would take you quite a bit out of the way...

Thanks that helps! I wasn't sure where in NC they'd be going but knew that way could get you in the right direction at least.

I suppose it also could have just been the most convenient location for a person to rid themselves of such items. Maybe something brought that person to that area or it was familiar huh?

The link below explains awareness space and was something discussed very early in AJ's threads but it may be of interest if someone hasn't read it already.

http://www.boulderweekly.com/article-9976-jessica-ridgeway-killerrss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html
- Thanks to margarita25's post on Jessica Ridgeway's thread and to the dozens of others who have also shared this.

All soldiers fly to Fort Benning, they aren't allowed to drive there. He didn't even have a license at the time.

All soldiers fly to Fort Benning, they aren't allowed to drive there. He didn't even have a license at the time.
I was just making the statement because I believe someone trying to use the placement of the clothes to further implicate CF (as was mentioned above) would have done so off of 58 somewhere, rather than 168.

Lauryn,
Can you confirm if your husband flew out from Norfolk International when he left for his training in March?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lauryn,
Can you confirm if your husband flew out from Norfolk International when he left for his training in March?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. His mother drove him there. He also called me when he landed in Georgia from a friends phone.

jmo, from knowing many in the military. I believe most all going to any boot camp would have to fly in, unless they lived right near the base for boot camp.

Thanks that helps! I wasn't sure where in NC they'd be going but knew that way could get you in the right direction at least.

I suppose it also could have just been the most convenient location for a person to rid themselves of such items. Maybe something brought that person to that area or it was familiar huh?

The link below explains awareness space and was something discussed very early in AJ's threads but it may be of interest if someone hasn't read it already.

http://www.boulderweekly.com/article-9976-jessica-ridgeway-killerrss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html
- Thanks to margarita25's post on Jessica Ridgeway's thread and to the dozens of others who have also shared this.

Slightly off topic, but I want to add my thanks to Margarita25 for posting that link to awareness space. I had been totally unaware of the concept until she mentioned it in connection with AJ's case. It's probably one of the most important investigative tools I've added to my arsenal since coming to WS. While studying up on that concept, I discovered Geographical Profiling, which is slightly different from Awareness Space, in that it focuses on the locations of victims (crime scene or dumpsite) in order to determine the perpetrator's likely area of residence. Where Awareness Space leaves a gaping hole if you don't know who the killer is, Geographical Profiling fills in that hole, because it isn't necessary to know anything about the killer. Together, they pack one hell of a punch.

Here's the basic Wiki link, if anyone is interested in using that as a jumping off point for further study.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_profiling

ETA: It would be interesting, I think, to punch in the locations of the finding of AJ's clothes, her residence, and the house in Franklin, and see what geographical profiling, combined with awareness space, came back with.

I was going to ask about this because they are usually processed through MEPS first then depart from there to training for whatever service they enlisted in. I'm not sure for Norfolk but his MEPS may have been in Richmond, Va.

I was going to ask about this because they are usually processed through MEPS first then depart from there to training for whatever service they enlisted in. I'm not sure for Norfolk but his MEPS may have been in Richmond, Va.

Yes! MEPS was in Richmond.

been reading through. haven't been here in awhile. good thoughts. thank you for chiming in Lauryn. I'm sorry you guys have gone through this. I hope you and your family know I wasn't part of the airhorn and pizza delivery thing. I just walked up and politely asked CFs mom what she might know. It was a confusing time and I'm sorry for offending her.

Zach, it is nice to see you here. Please know that many of us have thought of you and your girls as the months have rolled by, and we hope that you are all coping as well as you can. Obviously, we are still here, following the case, looking for justice and a conclusion that resolves the lies. Peace.

been reading through. haven't been here in awhile. good thoughts.

thanks. there's a long road ahead.

been reading through. haven't been here in awhile. good thoughts. thank you for chiming in Lauryn. I'm sorry you guys have gone through this. I hope you and your family know I wasn't part of the airhorn and pizza delivery thing. I just walked up and politely asked CFs mom what she might know. It was a confusing time and I'm sorry for offending her.

IMO the airhorn and pizza delivery thing is an indication of the maturity/mentality level of ALL those involved....seems most of the adults will/have never matured past the age of 14....JMO of course but would most aGREED ?

IMO the airhorn and pizza delivery thing is an indication of the maturity/mentality level of ALL those involved....seems most of the adults will/have never matured past the age of 14....JMO of course but would most aGREED ?

Indication of typical herd-mentality. One makes a stupid suggestion, gets the other fired up and it's a go. It makes me sad that this is the kind of irresponsible crap AJ had in her life. Not to mention her younger sisters.

Indication of typical herd-mentality. One makes a stupid suggestion, gets the other fired up and it's a go. It makes me sad that this is the kind of irresponsible crap AJ had in her life. Not to mention her younger sisters.
I am in aGREEDment with you on this one....not believing for one minute WH was leader of this pack either...IMO the one leading this herd is ultimately the guilty one.... if not in the justice system in the eyes of the community and their peers (already are in most discussions). This person was very aware of the bedevilment going on in the home yet used it to their advantage (like a pawn in a game)...It's disgusting to think of an adult that is meant to protect would do/or participate in this behavior and just look away or make them self look appear to be a victim...I am sure these young people were only looking for approval and love...DISGUSTING...I hope as well as others

OF COURSE THIS IS ALL MOO IMO JMO or possibly have a smidgen of truth to it ;)

Just FYI (and some peace of mind), I never believed the story in the MSM about your husband's texts "scaring" AJ. I think someone used that to cast doubt & throw some nasty shade on him. I think it was unfair, unjust, and just spiteful. I know many people following this case in the media feel the same way.

I'm with you O-Mom. And I could SWEAR that Chelsea Zircle (AJ's cousin) was quoted as having discounted the notion -- initially -- when the scary texts from someone AJ allegedly feared were first brought to light (probably by -- who ELSE?? -- WH). But, anyway ... Chelsea blew that idea off, saying that it was more of a rhetorical request for "Help" that AJ was expressing. Hence the reason AJ herself suggested to Chelsea that if she wanted to cut off the texts from that person, she should probably stop responding to them.

AJ was no dummy. If she was afraid of someone, I don't think she would cower in fear and clam up -- telling NOBODY -- as WH would have us believe. It was only later that the "tune" changed to AJ being fearful of the texter -- and, therefore, the scary texter was suspect in her disappearance.

(MYO)

Of course, we know you had nothing to do with the Hadsell's shenanigans. All of us were very confused! Thank you though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back