The Castro Brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no link but read on another non crime related forum that the SOB was a school bus driver and wonder if it's true? Yahoo reports he was one at one time and was suspended a few times.

I read that too in an article on a MSM site. Here is the snip and link.
~
In 2004, officers went to the home after child welfare officials alerted them that Ariel Castro, a school bus driver, had apparently left a child unattended on a bus, Flask said. No one answered the door, according to Flask. At some point in the investigation, police talked to Castro and determined there was no criminal intent, he said.

http://www.wane.com/dpps/news/natio...s-to-3-missing-women-in-ohio-nd13-jos_6109852

I also saw a video clip of a relative of one of the victims saying Ariel Castro was seen on video at vigils for the victim. Sorry no link as I watched so many I wouldn't know where to find it!

I keep thinking about this. April 2003 Berry is kidnapped. April 2004 DeJesus is kidnapped. April 2007 Castro's daughter slits her own child's throat.

I can't help but wonder if something happened THIS April that was the catalyst for Amanda, something that caused her to decide okay that's it, first chance come hell or high water I AM OUT OF HERE. ??? Wonder if any other April connections will emerge... so strange...

AC's wife passed away in April of last year according to her online obit.

I just mean telling others to report Castro etc. if he really believed that Castro was involved... Instead of just saying oh well, whatever IYKWIM.

I am sorry, do you really think a private citizen was supposed to solve this crime instead of police and FBI?

Kidnapping suspect Ariel Castro's daughter in prison for slashing daughter in 2008

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A 2008 news article from an Indiana website reported that Emily Castro, who appears to be the daughter of suspected kidnapper Ariel Castro, was sentenced to 25 years in prison for slashing the throat of her then-11-month-old daughter.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/kidnapping_suspect_ariel_castr.html

Before she was sentenced to 25 years in prison, Emily Castro wanted a judge to know she was a good mother.

But the 20-year-old could offer no explanation for why she slashed her 11-month-old daughter’s throat last April, leading to charges of attempted murder and battery. The girl, Janyla, has since made a full recovery.

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080216/LOCAL03/802160327/1002/LOCAL
This breaks my heart. There's no telling what kind of sorry life this woman had. Surrounded by violence and evil her whole life.

I just mean telling others to report Castro etc. if he really believed that Castro was involved... Instead of just saying oh well, whatever IYKWIM.
Once the connection was made, (and it was when castro brought the missing girls into the story), it was up to LE to investigate the lead. Because this most definitely was a lead...provided by castro himself!

Brothers not believed to be involved. Charges filed against Ariel. Pedro and Onil remain in custody for unrelated warrants.

I want to know WHY three brothers could all be this cruel? And they acted all nice otherwise??? I was shocked when Charles said they had cookouts together!

Generational sexual abuse IMHO. It was normalized behavior in the family.

Brothers not believed to be involved. Charges filed against Ariel. Pedro and Onil remain in custody for unrelated warrants.
Great. Now how are these guys going to get the kidnapper/rapist association with their brother erased? They've been portrayed by media as being involved in this...

Great. Now how are these guys going to get the kidnapper/rapist association with their brother erased? They've been portrayed by media as being involved in this...

Not going to be easy, I imagine.

If they weren't involved, (and the women would know before anyone else), then there shouldn't be a problem with clearing their names. Actually, I'm surprised how fast this was determined. Also, I'd like for a court appointed psychiatrist to interview this man's daughter. Maybe I'm wrong, but right now, I feel like she was a victim too. According to reports, one of the kidnapped girls was a friend of hers. I'm not saying she saw or knew anything, but just look at what she did to her own child. There has to be a reason. This whole case makes me think of the saying, 'the sins of our fathers will be passed from generation to generation'. oh my gosh, this is hard to grasp, and it makes me wonder how many kidnapped victims are out there, being held captive...maybe waiting for their chance to escape, or maybe thinking too much time has passed, and home really isn't home anymore. I'm happy but at the same time, I'm sad. I sure do hope everything turns out right for these victims, because this isn't over by a long shot. This man literally stole their lives. Just thinking about him makes me so angry.

The three victims have not implicated the brothers. Amanda at least appears to be very sharp based on her 911 calls. So the victims are certainly in a position to know that the brothers were not involved in this.

I'm waiting to see how the case progresses as the investigation continues. I'll also feel much more comfortable when the case passes to the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's office. They have much more experience in investigating and prosecuting criminal cases, though many of the best prosecutors left in the last couple of years.

The county court system is also much more qualified to handle the prosecution of the case. Cleveland Municipal Courts, where Ariel Castro will be arraigned tomorrow, is much more experienced at handling things like traffic tickets, etc.

I miss Bill Mason and Steve Dever.

ETA: JMO

Jeez, now my local news has pictures of another daughter that lived here. They took something like 17 photos of her off her FB account and put them in a article. Some photos were in front of the house where the girls were held.

I asked them to please take the article down unless they find out she knew something. There's no telling what she went through as a child and now this?

Found a MySpace for Amanda Berry where her family described what they knew at that time. This makes me think that the other two brothers are not as innocent as the police may think.
Berry was planning to walk the three blocks to her home on west 111th Street, but when her sister called her cellular phone Berry said she had found a ride home. She is believed to have have gotten into a large white older model four-door sedan with three male occupants.

http://www.myspace.com/amandaberry1

Found a MySpace for Amanda Berry where her family described what they knew at that time. This makes me think that the other two brothers are not as innocent as the police may think.

http://www.myspace.com/amandaberry1

Do you think the eye witness is more reliable than the victim? Because LE is apparently going by what Amanda told them.

I was a little stunned to hear that LE isn't charging the brothers.

It could be that they really had no contact with any of the girls - and Amanda's account verifies that. It has to be a big part of the "no charges".

However, I find it really really really really really hard to believe that the other two didn't KNOW about "things" that were going on. With that, they now become accessories or even possibly obstruction.

I'm just not buying that they had nothing to do with any of this. But, maybe they are singing like canaries and because of that (and Amanda's account) LE worked it out that they won't be charged with anything. That's a big possibility.

JMHO

Police are saying brothers knew nothing. So doesn't appear they have anything to sing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels