The Church?

OMG! is this the man who was speaking at the family presser a couple of days after MH was arrested? "bad press".??...no you jerk, bad press is like when you find out your favorite restaurant has roaches and then you can't bring yourself to go there anymore. The fact that a little girl was MURDERED, what is looking to be in that very church, is a whole hell of a lot more than bad press!!

"All through the centuries, the Lord's' church has suffered because of false accusations,"

oh this has got to be my favorite. poor, poor you. this man is so insensitive to Sandra's family, i really really don't like him. comments like this are just digging the Cantu's knife deeper, ESPECIALLY the fact that they are a family of faith. what you are preaching sir, is not faith. you should be praying for Sandra, her family, even MH's soul (if you're so inclined, she can rot as far as i'm concerned) and not praying for "divine leadership" for the people who will be putting your niece in the slammer. they are doing OK on their own.

isn't there a gag order, why is he talking? although he did pretty much confirm that they are investigating Lawless. i would love to hear what Sandra's uncle has to say about these comments. :furious:

Locals wouldn't know much about the church, but other Baptists, especially the pastors would know about that branch of Baptist and their beliefs. I don't think it's good to continue having services where a child was murdered, supposedly by one of their own. If the church membership is so small it looks like they could rent a small office space or meet in someone's home instead. The family may change their tune once more is known and all the evidence comes out. It doesn't matter if they're in denial right now because it's not going to be up to them, but they deserve to have their faith to get them through it all.

txsvicki,

You would think the other baptist churches would know about Clover road... Tracy is, after all, a bit of a bible belt with MANY protestant based churches. But is was said early on in the Tracy Press, when they were searching the church and questioning Lane Lawless (before the arrest), that the local pastors/congregations were not familiar with Clover rd or Lawless.. that he "isolated" himself from the rest of the town's pastors.

I agree, they should find another venue other than a crime scene.

OMG! is this the man who was speaking at the family presser a couple of days after MH was arrested? "bad press".??...no you jerk, bad press is like when you find out your favorite restaurant has roaches and then you can't bring yourself to go there anymore. The fact that a little girl was MURDERED, what is looking to be in that very church, is a whole hell of a lot more than bad press!!

"All through the centuries, the Lord's' church has suffered because of false accusations,"

oh this has got to be my favorite. poor, poor you. this man is so insensitive to Sandra's family, i really really don't like him. comments like this are just digging the Cantu's knife deeper, ESPECIALLY the fact that they are a family of faith. what you are preaching sir, is not faith. you should be praying for Sandra, her family, even MH's soul (if you're so inclined, she can rot as far as i'm concerned) and not praying for "divine leadership" for the people who will be putting your niece in the slammer. they are doing OK on their own.

isn't there a gag order, why is he talking? although he did pretty much confirm that they are investigating Lawless. i would love to hear what Sandra's uncle has to say about these comments. :furious:

That man should realize that Melissa is not the church as a whole. She's the one who claimed to have been the Sunday School teacher in the first place and then they say she was never a teacher there. Melissa being charged with this crime has nothing to do with the history of Baptists. Unless he's talking about people accusing his church of being a cult and a pedophile ring. That would be false accusations but still has nothing to do with history.

This is also what I'm wondering. It seems likely based on the way the grandparents were answering the reporters questions from their car. Lane kept avoiding direct answers, while his wife kept cutting him off and finishing the questions- much like Cindy Anthony behaves!

I obviously don't know them, but he is old and could be in the early stages of alzheimer's disease or dementia. If that is the case, she would be protective. But barring any chronic brain illness, yes, she was answering for him and protecting him which isn't right.
Accountability for crimes against children should be top priority for all people, imo.

O/T, I read the article about the sex ring in WA.
I'd like to know why that LEO, B. Perez and those two CPS workers got away with not being held accountable for breaking the law by threatening children.
No one in that town was safe from those three people.
They are the ones who are guilty of child abuse imo, and charges should be brought against them. They need to be held accountable for their actions of terrorizing a city full of people, and especially the children!
moo

LE should not be allowed to lie in questioning anyone imo. It's morally and ethically wrong, imo. The end does not justify the means. moo

http://www.insidebayarea.com/trivalleyherald/localnews/ci_12265572

This is an article in today's TriValley Herald. It is about a psychic who wants the reward for tips she gave to the police.

But in the body of the article, it states this:

"Sources have said the girl appears to have been murdered in a crawl space underneath the church, where investigators also found a pair of gloves. Sandra, who was last seen around 4 p.m. March 27 on videotape surveillance captured in front of her home, was found 10 days later stuffed into a suitcase that floated to the surface of a retaining pond at a local dairy."

Just wanted to share that.. hadn't seen that stated anywhere else. For what it's worth.....

IIRC LE took a bed away? Evidence.
Could MH have 'stored' Little Sandra under there while MH got suitcse etc.
Did MH leave her there for awhile?
I'm afarid when everything comes out we will be beyond shocked!!!

Thanks for sharing Snapdragon!

I wish her arraignment was not so far out!

Salem

http://www.insidebayarea.com/trivalleyherald/localnews/ci_12265572

This is an article in today's TriValley Herald. It is about a psychic who wants the reward for tips she gave to the police.

But in the body of the article, it states this:

"Sources have said the girl appears to have been murdered in a crawl space underneath the church, where investigators also found a pair of gloves. Sandra, who was last seen around 4 p.m. March 27 on videotape surveillance captured in front of her home, was found 10 days later stuffed into a suitcase that floated to the surface of a retaining pond at a local dairy."

Just wanted to share that.. hadn't seen that stated anywhere else. For what it's worth.....

I always found it very interesting when the search of the church first began that the FBI agents seemed to immediately hone in on this area in the back of the church. Iirc, a reporter overheard one of the FBI agents say "I found it" or something similar. It was like they knew what they were searching for and even where to look.

Since there is so much that we do not know in this case, I wonder if Huckaby was seen around this time in the back of the church and no one thought anything about it at the time until they learned that Sandra was missing? Did they call in an anonymous tip to search the church crawlspace?

It seems to me that LE had her on the list of potential suspects even before she was arrested.

imo

I always found it very interesting when the search of the church first began that the FBI agents seemed to immediately hone in on this area in the back of the church. Iirc, a reporter overheard one of the FBI agents say "I found it" or something similar. It was like they knew what they were searching for and even where to look.

Since there is so much that we do not know in this case, I wonder if Huckaby was seen around this time in the back of the church and no one thought anything about it at the time until they learned that Sandra was missing? Did they call in an anonymous tip to search the church crawlspace?

It seems to me that LE had her on the list of potential suspects even before she was arrested.

imo

It seems the information about this case has been gagged into Kingdom Come... so we might not be able to hear much of anything!

I do recall finding it strange that the investigators were searching on the roof of the church. I wondered if perhaps they were looking for cameras.

Under the church in a crawlspace. That's just ghastly to think about.

~*

Exactly. They are not the type of church that is all showy and fancy. This church seems typical of many Missionary Baptist churches.

They certainly aren't a cult.

imo

Maybe they are just humble people. Just saying, Jesus was humble.:blowkiss: Nonnie Brenda

I know I should say this is just awful, but somehow I just can't. I don't feel like this place is a house of God. I feel like MH has changed that forever.

Salem

I feel that too Salem. I wonder what the vandalism consisted of?

I understand this community's sense of betrayal, anger and rage. I have to say though that this not the way to go about releasing and expressing those feelings and I hope and pray so that they can begin the healing process that they are able to redirect those emotions towards a positive goal.

Damaging property and making threatening phone calls to those that have yet to be connected to the heinous crime that was commited against Sandra is IMHO an exercise in frustration.

I hope that a leader steps up in that community that will help guide the people rechannel that energy into making changes for the children living there so that they are safer. In Sandra's name.

I deeply admire and call a few ppl that have overcome this rage in their lives to make a difference my heros. Those that come to mind off the top of my head are Mark Klass, Tim Miller, John Walsh, and all those Mother's and Father's and loved ones of victims that fought blood, sweat and tears to pass legislation to help other children even when their own had been lost.

May peace come to this community in the form of action.

Thank you Kat for being the voice of reason. You are right and I too hope this community can find a way to heal and channel their frustration/pain/anger in a positive manner.

Prayers for Sandra's family and the Tracy community,

Salem

I feel that too Salem. I wonder what the vandalism consisted of?

The church sign was knocked over.

6831466_600x338.jpg

Maybe it's just me, or the realization of what happened there, but this building looks creepy.

The church sign was knocked over.

6831466_600x338.jpg

Maybe it's just me, or the realization of what happened there, but this building looks creepy.

Well, I know there are people who don't believe in this sort of thing, but I have some experience with "haunted" buildings. This definitely appears to be one, or at the least there is some negative energy around the place. I don't think it is all due to the circumstances, because it seems to be an old type of energy.

Also, while I do not excuse what MH did, it could explain why it happened there as negative energy or haunted places tend to attract criminal behavior, and it also could account for the vandalism.

Again, I know some will disagree, but this is just my opinion.

Sorry I'm late to the party -- just found these boards!

My theory:
There was a cult at the "church". Melissa was a helper of the cult. Her job was to lure litttle girls to her house, drug them, put them in a suitcase, and put the suitcase out in the driveway. Then some man from the "church" would pick up the suitcase with the unconscious child, take her to the church, rape and do other horrible things to her, all while filming. When finished, he would put the girl back in the suitcase and take the suitcase back to MH's house. The girl would slowly come to and MH would act like nothing was amiss and the playdate was over.

A friend of mine who used to live in Tracy told me this theory was rampant all through the town.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back