The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 18th June - Trial Day 6, Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to find out about what the fuss of the roundabout was.

Do you think we should (sadly) prepare ourselves for the possibility that the roundabout may not even be mentioned? I've been thinking about it, and I recall at about the same time the roundabout was of interest, the police were also questioning local drivers of silver captivas to see if they were driving in the area at the relevant time/date.

Perhaps the cameras filmed a silver captiva going through the roundabout that night - but in subsequent investigations the police found the owner and they were unrelated to this case? It has never made sense that GBC would have taken that route, that evening.

I hope there is more to it, but not so sure any more.....

I've thought about the lack of blood on the razor. Devils advocate here. People do rinse and tap the razor when shaving. Maybe it was just cleaned thoroughly?

But I believe the razor was handed to Police (wrapped in plastic) by GBC at some point. If it was the same razor and he had cut himself, trace amounts of blood and skin would be found by forensics I think. No matter whether you rinse or not. But yes as you say on a visual inspection it may not be seen.

There would also be skin in the razor and that isn't always easy to get out (speaking from experience here!)

But that would be on anyone's razor, mine included. And if it was chunky bits of skin wouldn't it be easier to pick out:sick::sick:

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 28s

Day 6 of #badenclay trial now underway in Supreme Court in Bris. Sgt Andrew Jackson back in witness box. @abcnews

Morning folks! :seeya: I am clad in my black track pants and grey hoodie with a mug of coffee all ready for today.

I'm still in my PJs with my 2 dogs & 2 cats on the bed with me! Electric blanket on, laptop fired up, tea & chocolates by my side. I'm set :pillowfight:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 13s

We've resumed the recorded conversation between Gerard Baden-Clay and police at the house on the morning he reported her missing.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s

Gerard is telling police about the two main walking routes Allison would normally take. "My sister has driven it twice," he says. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s

Gerard is telling police about the two main walking routes Allison would normally take. "My sister has driven it twice," he says. #badenclay

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 33s

Gerard #badenclay told police his sister had driven Allison's likely walking route twice on the morning of her disappearance @NewsTalk4BC

Do you think we should (sadly) prepare ourselves for the fact that the roundabout may not even be mentioned? I've been thinking about it, and I recall at about the same time the roundabout was of interest, the police were also questioning local drivers of silver captivas to see if they were driving in the area at the relevant time/date.

Perhaps the cameras filmed a silver captiva going through the roundabout that night - but in subsequent investigations the police found the owner and they were unrelated to this case? It has never made sense that GBC would have taken that route, that evening.

That thought has occurred to me too. Surely such a smoking gun would have been mentioned at the bail hearing.

Do you think we should (sadly) prepare ourselves for the fact that the roundabout may not even be mentioned? I've been thinking about it, and I recall at about the same time the roundabout was of interest, the police were also questioning local drivers of silver captivas to see if they were driving in the area at the relevant time/date.

Report from back at that time...

May 28, 2012

The Courier-Mail understands one local woman, who owns a silver Holden Captiva, was questioned at the weekend on whether she had driven through the Kenmore roundabout at the intersection of Moggill and Brookfield roads on Thursday, April 19 - the night Mrs Baden-Clay was last seen alive.

In an apparent bid to clarify reported sightings and rule out various vehicles in the area, the woman was also asked whether she had recently pulled her car over to the side of Mt Crosby Rd.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...llisons-murderer/story-e6freoof-1226368676196

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 41s

Officer: Gerard, I have to ask, those marks on your face could be consistent with being scratched #badenclay
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m

Recording of police conversation with #badenclay at Brookfield home on 20th April 2012 now being played to jury. @abcnews
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Recording being played to court of Gerard speaking to officers shortly after reporting Allison missing #badenclay
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

Police say they'll drive it too. "I hope so," Gerard says. #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday5

I'm still in my PJs with my 2 dogs & 2 cats on the bed with me! Electric blanket on, laptop fired up, tea & chocolates by my side. I'm set :pillowfight:

Sounds so comfy it's a cold morning in south aus too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s

Police: Gerard, I have to ask this question, those two marks on your face could be consistent with having been scratched. Is that the case?

Gerard replies "yes, I cut myself shaving". He tells them he was in a hurry getting the girls ready that morning. #badenclay

Gerard: I needed to be available to do the school run this morning. #badenclay

Gerard tells them he did his usual "excuse me ... **** shower and shave" before checking all his emails on the toilet. #badenclay

Gerard answers "never" when police ask if she has ever gone missing before. #badenclay

Gerard says the counsellor had told them to set aside 15 minutes for Allison to vent every second night. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 23s

Gerard says no he cut himself shaving, then goes into an explanation of how he came to report Allison missing #badenclay
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 37s

#badenclay explains Allison had 2 routes that she followed when she walked in mornings. @abcnews
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 39s

Gerard replies "yes, I cut myself shaving". He tells them he was in a hurry getting the girls ready that morning. #badenclay

But I believe the razor was handed to Police (wrapped in plastic) by GBC at some point. If it was the same razor and he had cut himself, trace amounts of blood and skine would be found by forensics I think. No matter whether you rinse or not. But yes as you say on a visual inspection it may not be seen.

but if it was his razor it would have minute traces of blood and skin from normal everyday shaving anyway, so probably not really evidence unless he handed it to them with obvious chunks of skin from that morning.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 29s

Gerard tells the officers he did his usual 's**t shower shave' that morning, read emails on toilet #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 50s

Gerard: I needed to be available to do the school run this morning. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 57s
Gerard tells the officers he did his usual 's**t shower shave' that morning, read emails on toilet #badenclay

TMI

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 42s

Gerard tells them he did his usual "excuse me ... s**t shower and shave" before checking all his emails on the toilet. #badenclay

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 54s

Officer asked #badenclay "those two marks on your face could be consistent with being scratched. Is that the case?" @NewsTalk4BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500