The Doe Network, Part 3: Who is Princess Blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo, Chloekins! And, may you have the most rewarding of experiences during and after your fellowship. I share your interests, and I look forward to working with you in searching for Princess Blue's name in life.

Are you from England, Great Britain, or Australia? I see that you used the word, "whilst". Just curious;) .

Lion

Thank you so much for your well wishes. I am really looking forward to
I was born Italy but grew up in Britain. I came to the US to go to university and then medical school.

While we are waiting for DNA results on Princess Blue & Kimberly Cheatham I feel that it is very important to put all the details we know about Kim along with what we know about Princess Blue. To be honest, I am having doubts about Kim being Princess Blue and I don't want folks here on hold while we could be searching more for other possibles for Princess Blue. I would love your thoughts on what you think of all these details.

Princess Blue was found wearing what I would call "a lot" of jewelry.

Jewelry found with Princess Blue:

Jewelry:
1 ring (gold band) with 6 clear stones
2 thin silver band rings
1 silver ring band with a scroll design
1 Robert E. Lee High School ring (1975) with a blue stone and inlaid L under the stone
1 silver ring with a turquoise unicorn
1 pearl-beaded bracelet
  • Kim didn't wear much jewelry according to her friends and if she did she would most likely a wear small/delicate bracelet and maybe earrings.
Princess Blue according to her autopsy report was missing an upper front tooth (premortem, possibly 1 or so years before her death)
description of tooth missing taken from ME report:

Tooth 10 was surgically absent and the corresponding alveolar space partially obliterated by mature bone.
  • Kim was not missing any front teeth according to friends and family. Kim did have a missing molar but it is unsure which one.
Princess Blue was found in Brazoria, Texas. She was wearing a 1975 REL (Houston) High School woman's class ring.
  • Kim had no "real" connections to Houston, Texas.
More about Kim:
  • It is felt that Kim's ex boyfriend Dalzell was responsible for Kim's disappearance as he was abusive to her, he failed the lie detector test 3 different times, he was forbidden from being on the property as he harassed her while at work.
  • Kim's car was located in a suburb outside of Dallas, Texas (which is over 3 hours away from Brazoria, Texas)covered in brush completely gutted/wiped clean. Kim always kept a change of clothes in the trunk of her car and when the car was found it had NOTHING in it.
Princess Blue is listed as being "white" with possible mixed race (african american) ancestry
  • So far we haven't found any caucasion heritage in Kim's ancestry though we aren't certain about her father's ancestry.

While we are waiting for DNA results on Princess Blue & Kimberly Cheatham I feel that it is very important to put all the details we know about Kim along with what we know about Princess Blue. To be honest, I am having doubts about Kim being Princess Blue and I don't want folks here on hold while we could be searching more for other possibles for Princess Blue. I would love your thoughts on what you think of all these details.

Princess Blue was found wearing what I would call "a lot" of jewelry.

Jewelry found with Princess Blue:

Jewelry:
1 ring (gold band) with 6 clear stones
2 thin silver band rings
1 silver ring band with a scroll design
1 Robert E. Lee High School ring (1975) with a blue stone and inlaid L under the stone
1 silver ring with a turquoise unicorn
1 pearl-beaded bracelet
  • Kim didn't wear much jewelry according to her friends and if she did she would most likely a wear small/delicate bracelet and maybe earrings.
Princess Blue according to her autopsy report was missing an upper front tooth (premortem, possibly 1 or so years before her death)
description of tooth missing taken from ME report:

Tooth 10 was surgically absent and the corresponding alveolar space partially obliterated by mature bone.
  • Kim was not missing any front teeth according to friends and family. Kim did have a missing molar but it is unsure which one.
Princess Blue was found in Brazoria, Texas. She was wearing a 1975 REL (Houston) High School woman's class ring.
  • Kim had no "real" connections to Houston, Texas.
More about Kim:
  • It is felt that Kim's ex boyfriend Dalzell was responsible for Kim's disappearance as he was abusive to her, he failed the lie detector test 3 different times, he was forbidden forbidden from being on the property as he harassed her while at work.
  • Kim's car was located in a suburb outside of Dallas, Texas (which is over 3 hours away from Brazoria, Texas)covered in brush completely gutted/wiped clean. Kim always kept a change of clothes in the trunk of her car and when the car was found it had NOTHING in it.
Princess Blue is listed as being "white" with possible mixed race (african american) ancestry
  • So far we haven't found any caucasion heritage in Kim's ancestry though we aren't certain about her father's ancestry.

Excellent work, RKnowley! I agree with you, too. I think the chances that Kimberly is Princess Blue are not very high. It is the teeth comparison that cements it for me.

Yes, let's continue our work so that we don't waste time. I have been away for a while, and I am starting back slowly. I will do more and more as I am up to it. I have many names to research, so I have some work lined up.

Do you have any other ideas? Is there something you need help with? I will also try to come up with more ideas.

Lion

Hi all-
and a warm "welcome back" to LionRun! We sure missed you!
Welcome to Chloekins!! :) Count me in on wanting to know much more about DNA...THANK YOU for your time and attn. to this case and others.

As for Princess Blue being compared to Kimberly Cheatham, yes, it has been started, and no, it is not ready! Lol! So, in essence, no real changes. Thanks to everyone for their patience and for continuing to look for other potential matches...as RKnowley said, somewhere to go if this turns out NOT to be a match between KC and PB.

warmly,

Thanks for keeping us up to date with status of the DNA, sloane. Much appreciated.

I wanted to let you guys know that I am still working on the website I mentioned. I hope to have it completed enough for publishing on the web by this weekend. As I write I keep coming onto more topics I think would be beneficial so the list keeps growing. This week has been usually busy for me so I havent been able to devote as much time as I would like to it. I just wanted to give everyone an update.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with status of the DNA, sloane. Much appreciated.

You're welcome, jaded. I wish I had more news than that! Thank you and RKnowley and everyone for continuing to search for other "possibles!"

sloane,

What do you think about Angella Phillips as a possible for Princess Blue? I know she may seem a bit tall to be Princess Blue but the height given for Angella may not be spot on?

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 9/29/2005
M0509007.jpg

Name: Angela F. Phillips
Case Number: M0509007
Case Type: Endangered
Last Seen in: Houston (Harris County)
Last Seen on: 9/18/1986
Height: 5' 4 "
Weight: 120 lbs.
Age Missing: 20
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 12/23/1965
Race: Black
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Phillips was last seen riding a bike on Calhoun Street.

You can contact the Missing Persons Clearinghouse at :
Missing Persons Clearinghouse
Texas Department of Public Safety
P O Box 4087
Austin, Texas 78773-0422
Phone: (512) 424-5074
Helpline: (800) 346-3243

Hi RKnowley :)
Yes, I agree with you and the others about Angella being considered...you're right about the height issue not always being so accurate anyway, even with the leeway (sp?) the TXMPCH gives it. It's too bad there aren't any other photos of her...didn't I read somewhere that the rest were lost to a house fire? I wonder about going to her high school yearbook or friends, like someone else suggested, to get more photos??

warmly,

Hi RKnowley:). Angela, along with a group of other missing young ladies has been on a list I have on Microsoft Word for many months as a possible match. The height is off, and the one other thing I wonder about is the jewelry style. Angela seems to have a totally different style in jewelry than what was found on Princess Blue. But, you never know. The pic of Angela may have been taken when she was dressed formally. Maybe she dressed more casually and wore a different jewelry style in everyday life.

Lion

Lion, had you posted anywhere that Angela could a possible match to Princess Blue? I looked before I posted her and didn't see anything on her. Yes, her height is off but it could be that she was 5'4" give or take a couple inches in either direction. If you recall, Kim Cheatham's height was listed as being 4'6" and it turned out she is 4'8" to 4'10". The listed height doesn't always turn out to be their exact height.

I'm not sure what you mean by Angela's type of jewelry not matching up with what Princess Blue wore? In the pic of Angela it only shows earrings that I can see? Isn't the pic mainly just a head shot? I do agree that Angela looks to be dressed for a formal occasion.

Anyhow, I believe Angela should be looked into further.

Hi RKnowley:). Angela, along with a group of other missing young ladies has been on a list I have on Microsoft Word for many months as a possible match. The height is off, and the one other thing I wonder about is the jewelry style. Angela seems to have a totally different style in jewelry than what was found on Princess Blue. But, you never know. The pic of Angela may have been taken when she was dressed formally. Maybe she dressed more casually and wore a different jewelry style in everyday life.

Lion

Good morning, RKnowley:). I searched through many missing sites months ago and compiled a list of possible missing young ladies/girls who might be a match for Princess Blue. I only posted one or two. As I recall I posted just a the one or two who I thought were worth looking into based on one or two similarities that I thought were worth looking into sooner rather than later(i.e. location where the person went missing plus similar description in life). I was in the process of compiling a list with plans to research more about each one when I needed to slow down after I began working many hours and coping with other things in my life.

I remember thinking Kimberley's height was most likely off because 4" 6' is an uncommon height. I thought she was either 5' 6", or perhaps she was petite, but not quite as petite as 4' 6". The same could be true of Angela. She may not have been 5' 4". And, to me, Angela's face looks similar to Princess Blue's recon.

The earring style in the possibly formal pic of Angela doesn't match Princess Blue's jewelry style, in my opinion, but I would not rule her out based on that at all. My daughter wore delicate, fine jewelry for her prom, and her hair was of course styled big time. But, she generally wears a totally different style of jewelry and hairstyle than she did for her prom as most young ladies do. I was just mentioning any and all possible differences between the two as I often do. I like to be able to explain any possible differences concerning a possible match or at least make note of any possible discrepancies/differences.

Lion

Is there a 4-H club listed in the 1975 yearbook? Princess Blue's unicorn/horse ring got me thinking. If it's a horse, maybe there's more meaning to it than just being pretty. Maybe she was involved with horses in some way? (I'm convinced it's a horse, because I don't see a unicorn horn.)

I guess we should figure out how to rule Angela either in or out.

I wish we could reveiw Angela's dental records if available or if they exist. This could rule her in or out pretty quickly most likely.

Lion

I really think it should be up to LE to ask about dental records. That isn't really something the public is able to do. We have suggested Angela Phillips as a possible match to Princess Blue now it's up to LE to contact the right department and get the ball rolling.

Hi RKnowley. There are some cases where fairly detailed descriptions of dentals from a missing person and dentals of unidentified remains are published on an easily accessible site or made easy to obtain by the public.

For example, Princess Lavender was described as having had perfect and straight teeth with no cavities. This made it easier for me to rule out the missing who were described as having any chipped or missing teeth or cavities or implants. For me, teeth comparisons can help to rule out possible matches quickly so that I can devote more time continuing with my search.

In the case of Princess Blue, we have a pretty detailed report of her dentals. This is of course not the only thing I am looking at, but it could be helpful along with all of the other info we have for her. For example, if I find a missing person with a description including that she had a front implant in her upper jaw, then I can rule her out quickly because Princess Blue did not have an implant like that. It is just another tool, and sometimes even LE doesn't have time to research dentals. So, I just keep my eye out for things that could rule in or rule out a possible match.

Also, I do not mean to sound pessimistic about Angela being a possible match for Princess Blue. It is just me playing the devil's advocate. I do this all the time. If I think someone is a possible match it means I see the similarities. Then I look for anything that might preclude that person from being the unidentified. If there are just small things I simply keep them in mind and make note of them. If there are big discrepancies, for example the missing person had a hip replacement while the possible UID match did not, I can rule out that it could be a match. I do the same thing in reverse. If I see small things that seem particular to both the missing and a possible UID match (i.e. similar style jewelry) I make note of this especially if the descriptions and time line also match. Sometimes I think I give the wrong impression to others due to the way that I sometimes evaluate cases.

Lion

Lion, in the case of Angela all we have is ONE photo of her that looks like she is dressed for a formal occasion. We have a very vague description of her. We do not know from that information if her dentals are available. I believe Angela fits in the right time frame we are looking for. She went missing in 1986 so that seems possible to me. Angela is from the Houston, Texas area, so that fits. She may be a bit tall but I'm not ruling her out there just yet. She is black but one site lists her as having a medium complexion. I don't know what race her parents or grandparents are.

In the case of Princess Lavendar I believe it was Sloane who kept stressing the point that Princess Lav had PERFECTLY straight teeth. I did not find nor do I know of any other website that has Princess Lav's dentals posted on it. If you do, I would love to see it.

We FINALLY were able to get ahold of Princess Blue's ME report that does give detailed information about her teeth. We did not have that information for alongtime though Sloane seemed to be privy to that information even before we were able to come up with the report.

I do believe that it is up to LE to research/contact the LE agency in charge of say Angela's case to find out if her dentals are available or request her dentals. We as the public are not privy to that information.

So again, basically at this time we do not know one way or another whether Angela can be ruled out by what is known about her. She needs more research IMO.

ETA: I put a letter in the mail tonight to go off to Angela's brother Darryl. Hopefully I will find out some helpful information from him.

Im sure someone has already suggested this woman, but just in case (Ive read all the posts before, but I just can't do it again. LOL)

What about Elizabeth Campbell. She went missing in 1988. She should be 39 now. She is 5'2". Her age progressed photo doesn't look like princess blue but the other one kind of does. She has wide and high cheek bones. She is asian and white. Oh and shes from TX.

Didn't you guys and Craig's article mention a facial reconstruction or bust? What ever happened? I haven't seen a pic of it or a link to it. By the way, hi all! I've been lurking on this site for days. Awesome job to you all, I'm terribly impressed. trying (without success!) to think of something that you guys haven't yet! :blowkiss:

This is our third thread, which has continued as a series. I posted the preceding and following threads on all pages necessary for parts 1, 2 and 3. This way anyone who wanted to read all of the posts can do so a little more easily, although now there are many, many posts. Here is a picture of Princess Blue's recon from part 2.

Lion

PrincessBlueupdatedpic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members