'The doors'

james83
If i can go back to the fact that Oscar was allegedly on his stumps and not as he claimed on his prothesis when he used the bat to break down the toilet door.
Can anyone think of a reason why he would lie about this?, i can't figure out a reason why he would lie about it, doesn't seem to change much.

Awaiting what the ballistic will say...
Maybe he was on his prothesis while shooting thru the little broken wood pieces on the right side of the door which he broke with the bat and after seeing that she was dead /about to die he just made up the intruder story , and ran and put off his legs as if he was in bed and of course vulnerable and came back and exceeded to the bashing the door with tha bat and rescue mode, pulled her out of the bathroom and then put on his legs...

View attachment 41883

As long as we're just speculating, perhaps he wasn't wearing the prosthetics at all during either the bashing of the door panels and then shooting her through the upper door? That of course is still under the assumption that the toilet room is where he fired all the shots.(I'm trying to find the reference I had come across where the inference was that there might have been more than four casings found in the house... :/)

Anyway, I guess without both his socks forensics might have a rough go of it proving he walked through all that blood and wood slivers on his stumps, or maybe the reason he put his prosthetics on at that point was to give him more traction to pull out the broken door panels and drag her out and down the stairs without harming his stumps?(My hb is an amputee and he has terrific sensitivity in his stump and would never deliberately bang it into things if wearing his prosthetic would shield it.)

So yes, I'm hoping the ballistics will be both credible and enlightening!

My biggest question of all relates to this

"A panel or panels broke off and I found the key on the floor and unlocked and opened the door. Reeva was slumped over but alive".

So she was alive and clearly in a life threatening condition but the first person he calls is Johan Stander?, why would he not call for medical help straight away, doesn't ring true.

Did you know that Stander's daughter, also his friend apparently, is an attorney?:drumroll:

Before I forget to mention this before Roux starts in tomorrow with all this todo about some previously missed mark on the door that they claim to have just discovered during one of their breaks, didn't the officer that did the bat mark comparison accidently hit the door during his little demo in the courtroom? Would that not have made a mark?

The fact that there was a police shoe print on it kind of indicates that it was not adequately stored in a protective and secure location - not being kept in the evidence room with the register, there's no way to know who accessed the door and what they did to it.

I would have thought that this imprint would have been made in situ at the crime scene not later.

The door I am more interested in is the bedroom door. I could not imagine that happening before the 13/14 February.

I wonder what theory they are going to come up with about that?

I would have thought that this imprint would have been made in situ at the crime scene not later.

Oh, that's possible if the print was on one of the pieces that was laying on the floor when they arrived. Either way, it is a contamination of the integrity of the evidence though.

Oh, that's possible if the print was on one of the pieces that was laying on the floor when they arrived. Either way, it is a contamination of the integrity of the evidence though.

I cannot think of what excuse could be used except to say that there was no other way of getting into the toilet so he had to stand on it.

Some of these things seem so amateurish that my suspicious mind keeps thinking that someone was bribed to do some of these things to save OP.

MAIN BEDROOM DOOR

My guess is that Reeva ran upstairs to get away from OP and locked herself in the bedroom first. Then he took the airgun and shot the hole so he could get to her after bashing that door with the baseball bat first. Once OP got in there, he locked it also she would not escape. I have always thought that OP held Reeva captive in the bedroom.

I am not sure which side the marks were on so I need more details.

MAIN BEDROOM DOOR

My guess is that Reeva ran upstairs to get away from OP and locked herself in the bedroom first. Then he took the airgun and shot the hole so he could get to her after bashing that door with the baseball bat first. Once OP got in there, he locked it also she would not escape. I have always thought that OP held Reeva captive in the bedroom.

I am not sure which side the marks were on so I need more details.

The bedroom door being locked is confusing me. OP originally claims 'I felt trapped as my bedroom door was locked and I have limited mobility on my stumps'. Is he suggesting that he left Reeva in the bedroom, locking the bedroom door on the way out, before tackling the alleged intruder? :confused:

My understanding, and this is based just on the information provided by one of our South African posters, is that paramedic/ambulance service in SA is slow (hour, two hour waits) and not reliable enough for use in true emergencies. People instead just go to the hospital.

ETA: no idea why that frown it there. Nothing to do w/your post James!

Yep, there isn't a specific response time for emergency services in SA, although 15 minutes for high-priority emergencies is generally considered acceptable in urban areas.

The bedroom door being locked is confusing me. OP originally claims 'I felt trapped as my bedroom door was locked and I have limited mobility on my stumps'. Is he suggesting that he left Reeva in the bedroom, locking the bedroom door on the way out, before tackling the alleged intruder? :confused:

The bathroom is an en suite, so both the bedroom and bath areas were behind the locked bedroom exit door.

The door I am more interested in is the bedroom door. I could not imagine that happening before the 13/14 February.

I wonder what theory they are going to come up with about that?

I find this very interesting, as well. If the small hole in the bedroom door is determined to be a bullet hole, it's hard to imagine an explanation that would not be harmful for the defense, even if they claim it's from an earlier date.

It makes me wonder if perhaps Reeva first tried to exit through the bedroom door and then had to divert to the bathroom.

As always, all of the above is just my opinion.

I'm also confused, because I don't understand how to be trapped, if I myself locked a door? I would have access to the key to unlock everytime - or not?

First post :seeya:

I'm really concerned at the lack of trust within the police department. There was a fear that the watches would be stolen and that someone would be tempted by the money offered by the media to photograph the door - resulting in it being removed from the house.

I'm trying to figure out which door this is that has this damage. This image was flashed very briefly while they were talking about the bedroom door, but the color looks darker than the bedroom door that has the hole in it.

Also, it's too big of a piece to be part of the bashed bathroom door.

Check it out and let me know what you think:

Attachments

• cracked door.png
    cracked door.png
    323.3 KB · Views: 60
I'm trying to figure out which door this is that has this damage. This image was flashed very briefly while they were talking about the bedroom door, but the color looks darker than the bedroom door that has the hole in it.

Also, it's too big of a piece to be part of the bashed bathroom door.

Check it out and let me know what you think:

I think that's the main door to the bedroom. There was a hole in it, and an airgun right by it. Not much else was said about it that I can remember.

Is the dark wood bedroom door a closet that was in the hallway to bathroom?

I think that's the main door to the bedroom. There was a hole in it, and an airgun right by it. Not much else was said about it that I can remember.

Check out my post # 108 on the previous page to see the other photos of the bedroom door. The bedroom door looks to me to be a little bit lighter in color plus it has panels similar to the bathroom door.

This darker brown door with the crack in it appears to be flat.

It could just be the angle & lighting of the photo that is throwing me off, but from comparing the photos, it looks like a different door or cabinet all together.

Check out my post # 108 on the previous page to see the other photos of the bedroom door. The bedroom door looks to me to be a little bit lighter in color plus it has panels similar to the bathroom door.

This darker brown door with the crack in it appears to be flat.

It could just be the angle & lighting of the photo that is throwing me off, but from comparing the photos, it looks like a different door or cabinet all together.

Check them out side by side:

Attachments

• cracked door.png
    cracked door.png
    323.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Hole in BR door 1.png
    Hole in BR door 1.png
    360.2 KB · Views: 41

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online