'The doors'

Is the dark wood bedroom door a closet that was in the hallway to bathroom?

I think that is a very good possibility. Here is a photo of that area

Attachments

• hall from BR to Bath.png
    hall from BR to Bath.png
    284.2 KB · Views: 37
I think that is a very good possibility. Here is a photo of that area

Hmmm.. although, the picture of the cracked door or whatever it is has white on either side of it. The cabinets/wardrobe that are in the hallway to the bathroom are all in a line together.

I'm trying to figure out which door this is that has this damage. This image was flashed very briefly while they were talking about the bedroom door, but the color looks darker than the bedroom door that has the hole in it.

Also, it's too big of a piece to be part of the bashed bathroom door.

Check it out and let me know what you think:

That's the bedroom door, it's that door that also had damage to the bottom of the door & that photo is in the series of photos of the bedroom door.

Check out my post # 108 on the previous page to see the other photos of the bedroom door. The bedroom door looks to me to be a little bit lighter in color plus it has panels similar to the bathroom door.

This darker brown door with the crack in it appears to be flat.

It could just be the angle & lighting of the photo that is throwing me off, but from comparing the photos, it looks like a different door or cabinet all together.

I think your right about it being either the angle or lighting as I took screenshots of the bedroom door & in every photo the door looks a different color

Here is the series of photos for the bedroom door.

Attachments

• Capture 5.PNG
    Capture 5.PNG
    86.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Capture 6.PNG
    Capture 6.PNG
    105.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Capture 7.PNG
    Capture 7.PNG
    88.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Capture 8.PNG
    Capture 8.PNG
    89.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Capture 9.PNG
    Capture 9.PNG
    79.6 KB · Views: 59
This is where the defense are saying that their experts found a new bat mark on the door.

Attachments

• Capture 68 new bat mark.PNG
    Capture 68 new bat mark.PNG
    112.6 KB · Views: 43
This is where the defense are saying that their experts found a new bat mark on the door.

They have to prove that the bat would not have reached this height if OP was really on his stumps as the prosecution alleges.

How does the door the crucial evidence in OP's trial became a new topic, the sooner both threads are merged the better :)

How does the door the crucial evidence in OP's trial became a new topic, the sooner both threads are merged the better :)
Regarding the bolded phrase, that's precisely why a thread is dedicated to the topic, so to allow for a more focused discussion.

Listening to Van Resenberg's testimony again - I do not believe that the door seal was broken and compromised, as I originally thought. Roux was merely demonstrating that Col V didn't notice the change in tape patters from one pic to the next, but I believe the two tape patterns were different days.

IMO Roux was being tricky and trying to make it seem like the seal pattern was disturbed by the way he asked the questions and demonstrated the pictures.

"IMO Roux was being tricky and trying to make it seem like the seal pattern was disturbed by the way he asked the questions and demonstrated the pictures."

Yes, exactly. And actually, he is quite skilled at what he does, no? He uses not only his actual questions, but he also uses his voice tone, his facial expressions, even his body language. I am sure I would be quite intimidated by him in a courtroom!

I've only ever had to testify once in court and it was NOT about murder - it was in a civil trial - and I was pretty nervous, especially at first.

"IMO Roux was being tricky and trying to make it seem like the seal pattern was disturbed by the way he asked the questions and demonstrated the pictures."

Yes, exactly. And actually, he is quite skilled at what he does, no? He uses not only his actual questions, but he also uses his voice tone, his facial expressions, even his body language. I am sure I would be quite intimidated by him in a courtroom!

I've only ever had to testify once in court and it was NOT about murder - it was in a civil trial - and I was pretty nervous, especially at first.

Yes, he is quite skilled at what he does. I don't like this kind of trickery, and I think it's unnecessary. I wish he would just stick to regular cross examination because he is quite skilled at that too.

They have to prove that the bat would not have reached this height if OP was really on his stumps as the prosecution alleges.

I don't think the prosecution is alleging that OP was on his stumps when he bashed in the toilet door with the cricket bat. I think they agree with the Defense that he was wearing his prosthetics by that time.

To my knowledge, the only one claiming that OP was on his stumps when he bashed in the toilet door is Col Vermeulen (the forensics guy who isn't certified in tool mark examination), which is contrary to the State's case that he was wearing his prosthetics during the door bashing.

To my untrained eye, those two curved marks near the handle look exactly like the tip of a cricket bat might make, to me. With the bat turned in the hands inbetween blows, maybe because the hitter lost his grip, dropped it and then picked it up?

The doorhandle is straight and unbent, so I don't see how it could have made those curved marks against the wood. I do see how the bat could have hit that spot though, despite the door handle being in the way. That was the panel eventually ripped out completely and found on the floor. So I think it was already partially caved in towards the toilet (so leaning away from the handle and providing clearance) when the tip of the bat was used as a battering ram.

Regarding the locked and battered bedroom door - is there any possibility Reeva locked OP out, and, failing to break through, he used the ladders left outside to climb in through the balcony windows? If he took her by surprise she might not have had time to unlock the door again and escape, hence the fleeing to the toilet? Maybe that's what inspired him with the intruder/ladder scenario.......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hotographs-Reeva-Steenkamp.html#ixzz2vrt9C81m

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 24
I can't quote it from over here, but I'm linking a post about the green tag thingy supposedly on the bathroom door key. I've got an old house with cellars and lots of odd locks on doors everywhere, so I do tend to tag all my keys.

But never a bathroom one. Because the key always stays in the lock. I've just never heard of anyone needing to tag a bathroom key, because I've never heard of anyone needing to take the key out of the lock and carry it around.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Trial Discussion Thread #7 weekend thread

I do keep sets of spare keys in bunches though, with tags, for emergencies when keys go missing etc.

Listening to Van Resenberg's testimony again - I do not believe that the door seal was broken and compromised, as I originally thought. Roux was merely demonstrating that Col V didn't notice the change in tape patters from one pic to the next, but I believe the two tape patterns were different days.

IMO Roux was being tricky and trying to make it seem like the seal pattern was disturbed by the way he asked the questions and demonstrated the pictures.

Exactly, especially since the defense apparently had their team of forensic experts in to do their work on the 15th, so of course the tape would be slightly different than what had been there the day before.

My gut instinct with the damage to the bedroom door is that this was from a previous incident. I think OP has bouts of rage, he intimidates the person that is causing his rage by taking the baseball bat to the door, rather than hitting the woman. Some men in fits of rage punch holes in the walls.

Would an expert be able to tell if the damage on the bedroom door was fresh or whether it had been there a while? I imagine that an expert could tell if the projectile in the bedroom door was shot from inside the bedroom or from the other side. I hope we get to hear more about the bedroom door from the prosecution.

Thanks for the screenshots, everyone. They are so helpful to this discussion. :clap:

Just a couple of questions that maybe someone has the answers to:-

As some have mentioned, the bullet holes in the toilet door are quite close together, not spread out in every part of the door - seeming to indicate that Oscar was aiming to hit someone.

Do you think he could see much of the toilet area through that rather large, old-fashioned key-hole?

Re: The Bedroom Door.

On which side of the bedroom door was it's damage done? Was it on the inside (ie. the side where the beds are) or on the outside (the side where the rest of the house is)?

Or was the damage to the bedroom door on both sides of it?

Thanks!

Regarding the locked and battered bedroom door - is there any possibility Reeva locked OP out, and, failing to break through, he used the ladders left outside to climb in through the balcony windows? If he took her by surprise she might not have had time to unlock the door again and escape, hence the fleeing to the toilet? Maybe that's what inspired him with the intruder/ladder scenario.......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hotographs-Reeva-Steenkamp.html#ixzz2vrt9C81m

If OP was locked out he wouldn't even need a ladder to get back in through the open doors on the second floor. There is a small wall to the left of the house that he could easily scale to the next level up. From there he could have walked right into the bedroom through the open bedroom door beside his bed. Based on the evidence presented so far this is a more reasonable scenario that OP's story of an intruder.

Attachments

• house1.png
    house1.png
    702.5 KB · Views: 42

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members