The elusive "other" cell phone - the Blackjack - REVISITED

Status
Not open for further replies.
BJB, do you think that her leaving the address to J.P. and Ricardo's in her car was clue to her mom. I mean why would she need to write down an address to somewhere she has been tons of times before?

Yes, she lies. IMHO, however, she builds her lies onto other information to help her string it together so that it sounds believable and helps her repeat it if necessary. This is a basic technique of increasing/enhancing memory/recall. Casey just uses this technique in a perverted way. You won't find me taking anything Casey states at face value. You will find me sifting through the information for something that might help (a) locate Caylee, and/or (b) hold those responsible for her disappearance accountable for their actions.

Sift away James Bond. I believe Casey acted on her own and nobody else is involved. JMO The other night the WS crew was calling LE at 2am because a thread went crazy with the zanny, nanny, kio, myspace, doggy look alike theory. So do you think this imaginary phone has Zanny's phone number in it?
All I can say is if she did have another phone it was somebody elses and she most likely stole it because hers was about to be shut off. It probably had a battery life of less than 24 hours and this saga was going on for a full month. Makes no sense. Nothing this girl has said makes any sense. They all talk in riddles and unfortunately this mess is messing with a lot of lives. I know I'm sleeping better just knowing her comfy bed at home has been replaced with an uncomfortable cot, pillow, and one bed sheet, surrounded by cement and a toilet.

Since I am techidumb, I had noooo idea what a SIM card was so I had to look it up when I first heard the word here on WS.
If there happens to be one person out of a million that doesn't know what a SIM card is, here's the information I gathered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A SIM card or Subscriber Identity Module is a portable memory chip used in some models of cellular telephones. The SIM card makes it easy to switch to a new phone by simply sliding the SIM out of the old phone and into the new one. The SIM holds personal identity information, cell phone number, phone book, text messages and other data. It can be thought of as a mini hard disk that automatically activates the phone into which it is inserted.
A SIM card can come in very handy. For example, let's say your phone runs out of battery power at a friend's house. Assuming you both have SIM-based phones, you can remove the SIM card from your phone and slide it into your friend's phone to make your call. Your carrier processes the call as if it were made from your phone, so it won't count against your friend's minutes.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-sim-card.htm

BJB,
Love the way you think....very interesting theory.

AND...IIRC Kio's fiance would not release the phone records after she recanted.

If LE has a strong hinky feeling they could get those records through the judge via subpoena.

Also, I have worked for a phone company. You don't need the phone all you need is to know the number and VOILA the records can be accessed. Mind you, I don't know how texting fits into it because I worked for the phone company before texting was all the rage. If they can find out if any of the players had a blackjack or was missing a blackjack they can subpoena the phone records (by giving the telephone company the phone numbers) and have most (if not all) of the information they need.

T

Sift away James Bond. I believe Casey acted on her own and nobody else is involved. JMO The other night the WS crew was calling LE at 2am because a thread went crazy with the zanny, nanny, kio, myspace, doggy look alike theory. So do you think this imaginary phone has Zanny's phone number in it?
All I can say is if she did have another phone it was somebody elses and she most likely stole it because hers was about to be shut off. It probably had a battery life of less than 24 hours and this saga was going on for a full month. Makes no sense. Nothing this girl has said makes any sense. They all talk in riddles and unfortunately this mess is messing with a lot of lives. I know I'm sleeping better just knowing her comfy bed at home has been replaced with an uncomfortable cot, pillow, and one bed sheet, surrounded by cement and a toilet.

I'll have to check again, but I didn't think they gave you a pillow over at Orange County jail!

Do we actually know there was a second phone or could it be another lie from Casey? Also, maybe she conveniently lost her phone, because if there was discriminating phone calls made on her account she could claim she didn't make those call because her phone was lost. She then would accuse someone else making those calls.
Also, where was Casey staying @ June 9th? I believe the family were going to blame the last person Caylee and Casey were with on this date with the baby's disappearance. How convenient they all came up with the same wrong date. It would of remained that way except for the visit log in at the nursing home and picture with Caylee and great grandpa.

CASEY: Through the AT&T Store, god, what road? It’s the bottom left side of town kind of near where the mall and stuff is.

Just a comment...
Looking at the conversation, I think it's odd that someone would say that a road is at "The bottom left side of town" unless they are picturing it on a map.

Sounds like some kind of game between the two. Instead of the board game Clue it's more like dungeon and dragons.
CASEY: Through the AT&T Store, god, what road? It’s the bottom left side of town kind of near where the mall and stuff is.

Just a comment...
Looking at the conversation, I think it's odd that someone would say that a road is at "The bottom left side of town" unless they are picturing it on a map.

Do we actually know there was a second phone or could it be another lie from Casey? Also, maybe she conveniently lost her phone, because if there was discriminating phone calls made on her account she could claim she didn't make those call because her phone was lost. She then would accuse someone else making those calls.
Also, where was Casey staying @ June 9th? I believe the family were going to blame the last person Caylee and Casey were with on this date with the baby's disappearance. How convenient they all came up with the same wrong date. It would of remained that way except for the visit log in at the nursing home and picture with Caylee and great grandpa.

I think she made up the other cell phone so that there'd be an excuse for Zenaida's number not being programmed into her phone and for there being no record of other phone numbers and phone calls that were part of her imaginary story.

First, she tries to say Zenaida's number wasn't in her phone because the nanny texted her, but she quickly realizes that won't work.
CASEY: A specific day, um, god a lot of the times it was through text messages [there was a pause here] so the number would show up even on that
Then when Lee points out that if Casey doesn't know Zenaida's number, in order for her to have ever called it, it would have to be programmed in her phone, she pulls out the lost imaginary phone scenario, which she's obviously used before.
LEE: Would she have been programmed in your cell phone?

CASEY: She was, programmed into that other phone that we need to find a way to recover. I mean I don’t know…
Then she had to make up the switching SIM card thing because she couldn't just make up a random phone number for that imaginary phone -- too easy to find out that it wasn't hers (or Universal's).
LEE: So on the Black Jack, do you remember the phone number that the Black Jack was associated with?

CASEY: It was my same number; I just swapped the SIM card back and forth.
Then she was stuck with the fact that the SIM card should have saved the info for that other phone she made up, so she's got to dodge and say she saved only to the phone she has unfortunately lost.
LEE: Ok, um…Here’s how these things work Casey, the contact information, the contact stuff is on your SIM card, so if you switched it back and forth.

CASEY: It doesn’t always save to the SIM card. You can sometimes save things to the SIM card or save it specifically to the phone,
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...ale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Her lies aren't worthy of a fourteen year old. Completely transparent. That's why it's so frustrating that the Anthony's believe her.

My 16 year old son is forever switching his sim card from phone to phone...if his phone is malfunctioning or whatever - he's used my phone, my other son's also - has always worked and he has never had to contact anyone regarding him doing so.

With At&t (I don't know about the other providers)you can view the detail/phone#'s for both calls and texts, you can't see the actual text in the message, but you can see who you've sent text's to and who you've rec'd them from.

I have a theory about the lost phone and Blanchard park, but if she thought through all of the angles and had a second phone number on another account or prepaid phone why in the world would she leave her phone on to be pinged while driving out into the wooded area on the 18th? She is not quite as street smart as she likes to give herself credit for. Not talking and holding up to questioning she has done pretty well.

CASEY: Not at the moment. I’ve been trying to piece together numbers, but the numbers that are coming to mind are numbers from other people that I’ve called frequently and I don’t want to give you someone else’s number on accident.

Just rereading the transcript of the call and noticed this quote. How considerate of her to not even risk a wrong number in attempt to find her missing child.

I think Casey did buy the phone from AT&T. If she stole the phone, she would not have any reason to mention it to LE. She had to mention the phone to LE because AT&T would have a record of her purchase. She also had to come up with a reason why she did not have the phone any longer.

First she told LE she left it at work on her desk. During her interview (7/16 4:11 at home) with LE, she was asked, "Okay, so the phone where you have the number saved was lost?" Casey replies, "Yes, I filed an incident report." (LE didn't ask if she filled out any reports - volunteering too much information?) She wanted LE to know the phone was missing and she did complete a report with Universal Security on the lost phone. She also said she made the report about 9 days ago.... July 7? maybe.

IMO, that phone was used to make calls Casey did not want LE to know about...Too bad Casey didn't realize, LE would be able to obtain a record of calls made on her account...new phone or old phone - the calls are documented. Or maybe it contains physical evidence.... i.e Caylee's blood.

I think the she pitched the phone out the car window... or maybe she buried it somewhere.

I think Casey did buy the phone from AT&T. If she stole the phone, she would not have any reason to mention it to LE. She had to mention the phone to LE because AT&T would have a record of her purchase. She also had to come up with a reason why she did not have the phone any longer.

First she told LE she left it at work on her desk. During her interview (7/16 4:11 at home) with LE, she was asked, "Okay, so the phone where you have the number saved was lost?" Casey replies, "Yes, I filed an incident report." (LE didn't ask if she filled out any reports - volunteering too much information?) She wanted LE to know the phone was missing and she did complete a report with Universal Security on the lost phone. She also said she made the report about 9 days ago.... July 7? maybe.

IMO, that phone was used to make calls Casey did not want LE to know about...Too bad Casey didn't realize, LE would be able to obtain a record of calls made on her account...new phone or old phone - the calls are documented. Or maybe it contains physical evidence.... i.e Caylee's blood.

I think the she pitched the phone out the car window... or maybe she buried it somewhere.

Or this phone never existed at all. Once she realized she was not able to provide numbers that they were requesting and they weren't programmed in the phone the police already had she came up with this BS to explain it away.

IF there is another cell phone, isn't it supposed to be a Blackjack on ATT?

I was browsing Orlando craigslist today for some reason, and there was a found add posted. Someone found a blackjack. Probably not connected, but wouldn't it be a good idea to look back around that time and see if anyone had located this mystery phone.

Just a thought.

<Snipped>

Here's the thing ... I don't buy the switched the SIM card between phones story ... I had given a friend one of my old cell phones to use so they didn't have to buy one. When I got a new phone they'd get my old one to replace the current one they were borrowing. Everytime they switched phones, we would have to contact the wireless carrier. They always requested the number on the SIM card and the info from the phone to activate it.

Unless technology changed, I don't see how she could get by without contacting her carrier each time she swapped back & forth to the "BlackJack".
My daughter was visiting my sister in another state in july her phone was damaged and she used an old phone of my sister's she just loaded her sims card in my sister's old phone and it worked she did not have to contact cell phone company ...she said her phonebook and other personal infomation was not on the replaced phone

So many seem to believe there was truly a lost phone.

Has this ever been proven?

I for one think that there never was a second phone. Casey just claimed there was because she knew that calls she supposedly made and received between her and the imaginary nanny could never be tracked and she needed an excuse as to why.

So conveniently that phone she had only a brief while was lost. The phone was supposedly new, and yet didn't work? Then voila it was lost.

I dont't believe it ever existed, especially with her paying a bill for cell service with a stolen account (IIRC the 574 paid to att) to reestablish service. How many times can you get a new phone when you havent paid your current bill? It just doesnt fit.

I think it is bull - what do you think?

Kathy in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members