The evidence failed Caylee, not the Jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the verdict. In fact I applaud this jury for being able to leave out their emotion, which obviously so many on this forum cannot do.

Also, the state attorney said at the press conference yesterday that ALL the evidence was put before this jury, so what are you all talking about when you say that this jury did not know all the facts.

Do you believe KC is innocent?

The constant demonizing of the jury is outrageous; the state overcharged this case and subsequently failed its burden of proof.

The state may have overcharged the case, but the elements for those charges are there. The jury was given the option to find her guilty of a multitude of lesser charges. There was nothing stopping them from doing that.

I also don't think the Myspace Pictures were ever shown, nor was the video of Caylee at the Nursing home.
This jury, just simply didn't care one iota. They failed Caylee and they protected Casey.

I do not think this Jury took this decision lightly and i do not care who dropped out of school, who has a dui, who does what, when, where or how.

They saw all this evidence (including photos of her remains) and had it repeated to them a mind numbing amount of times. I don't believe 12 people came in with their minds already made up to her being not guilty. In fact i am sure some think she did do something but you can't find someone Guilty of 'something'.

They looked at what the Prosecution was offering and sadly for many, it turns out there just wasn't enough evidence. JA saying Caylee was taped three times and demonstrating how does not give a murder weapon. Hoping she used Chloroform does not prove she did. Presenting computer searches as evidence of premeditation and then having that stomped on before the jury does not prove premeditation.

The Prosecution did what they could with what they had but in the end it wasn't enough.
BBM & snipped for space.
What proof do you require, a video showing the crime being committed?
Most criminals destroy evidence to avoid being caught, if a body is found with stab wounds or a gun shot and no knife or gun are recovered does that mean they these weapons did not cause the wounds?
These jurors failed Caylee, they failed us, they failed the state of Florida, they failed my country and finally they failed themselves because someday they will come to the realization that they allowed a killer to have another chance to kill and destroy more lives and that is a very heavy burden to bear.

The state had a lot of evidence and had lesser charges included and this jury chose to ignore them, I guess they felt that Caylee wrapped the duct tape around herself and magical thinking transported her body to the dump site.

I have to say I'm not a fan of some of the posts that are just down right bashing the jury. It was so frustrating yesterday to not be able to get on WS and the few times I managed to load a page it was full of crazy stuff.......some even wishing harm to the jury. WS is above that. I'm crushed that the verdict was not guilty, but I'm not even going to try and figure out why at this point. I think one day we will know more but right now we don't.

The technical evidence was questionable. The defense inserted enough doubt into it for it to fail. You cannot convict someone based on software/sniffing machines that may or may not work.

What evidence would have led you to believe KC murdered her daughter? If they found chloroform at the house? Receipts? what?

Yes, hundreds of people watched the same evidence, BUT their opinions were influenced by the media hype and the court of public opinion. This jury was apparently not made up of people who watch Nancy Grace or HLN, or members of Websleuths. They based their decision on what was presented in trial. It was not enough, the state did not prove their case.

Not directed at the poster: Calling the jurors idiots is not going to change anything. I understand the frustration, but we should not resort to name calling and harassment, it makes us no better than the people who we so often criticize.
It's time to face the facts and accept it, like the grownups that we are supposed to be. Name calling is so childish and so unnecessary. JMO.

I agree with the OP, btw.

I have to say I take offense to being painted as a weakminded person who is swayed by media hype, because of having found Websleuths in the past weeks and joined here. I read depos and I watched evidence presented and I do my own thinking, thank you very much.

I also take offense to being called immature because I have difficulty accepting this justice. I suppose you are entitled to your opinion, and I will step away and go grieve.

All the evidence was not put forward! They never knew of Casey's stealing, writing bad checks and being convicted of doing so!

Even if it was all put forward, this jury didn't give a crap. They didn't ask for anything to view for themselves outside of the attorneys.

Give me a break.

Her behavior regarding the checks and stealing had nothing to do with how Caylee died (REGARDLESS of how you feel about it).

ALL the evidence regarding the child's death was put before this jury (so says the SAO)

I am personally tired of this argument, stated as fact. It is not a fact that there wasn't enough evidence. Hundreds, thousands of people watched the same evidence and felt there was enough to convict her. So no, it isn't a fact that the evidence failed. Common sense failed. Caylee's justice was in the hands of these 12 people and they did not deliver. Absolutely people are going to be upset with them, and for good reason. I understand that some people believe the evidence isn't there. But conversely, some people believe it is, and that's where the frustration lies.

Yes, common sense failed. And that was Linda Drane Burdick's "worst fear."

So for the law enforcement team and other searchers, here is a hint: when searching for a missing person who is believed murdered, you have to get your feet wet. If there is high water in the closest area to the home, put on your boots, call in your underwater team and search. Don't just say, oh the water's too high, we can't go in there. I wonder how the cop who got muddy in response to Kronk's call can sleep at night.

Ten hours. Enough said.

This jury had other priorities.

The state may have overcharged the case, but the elements for those charges are there. The jury was given the option to find her guilty of a multitude of lesser charges. There was nothing stopping them from doing that.

This is a mindset that confuses me. Just because the state decided to prosecute her does not mean she is guilty of anything, yet people seem to think because she was brought to trial the jury should have found her guilty of something. That makes no sense to me. If there's no evidence of what they are charging you with, you are found NOT GUILTY, like she was.

What evidence would have led you to believe KC murdered her daughter? If they found chloroform at the house? Receipts? what?

Common sense. 31 days. No one makes an accident look like murder. How do you think Caylee died? Even if it was a truly innocent accident, she should have been convicted on manslaughter... even JB said in his opening statement that Casey was watching Caylee at the time!

CAYLEE'S MOTHER FAILED CAYLEE.

Had Caylee's mother reported her missing in an appropriate fashion, had Caylee's mother not waited 31 days, had Caylee's mother not mislead law enforcement, her family, search and rescue and the WORLD, we would be in a totally different situation today. We would be able to have a lot more answers and justice would have truly been served for everyone, Casey included.

All the evidence was not put forward! They never knew of Casey's stealing, writing bad checks and being convicted of doing so!

Even if it was all put forward, this jury didn't give a crap. They didn't ask for anything to view for themselves outside of the attorneys.

Give me a break.

BBM. None of which has anything to do with the case that was tried, whether the jury knew about it or not. You can't convict someone of murder 1 because they stole and wrote bad checks. Apples to oranges. All it would have done is reinforce what a snake she is, but wouldn't have done a lick to prove how, when or who killed Caylee. In real life, common sense matters. You need more to convict in a court of law.

This jury could actually be shown a video or pictures of Casey killing Caylee and they Still would probably let her walk.

They simply do not give a flying Rat's behind about Caylee.

I completely disagree! The jury took the accidental drowning theory and ran with it.

Anyone with common sense would know that ALL the evidence needed to be evaluated. They allowed a murderer to come into court and continue lying to the world and to them just as she did to LE.

They never asked to see or watch anything over again! Nothing, nodda! They took this theory and decided that they wanted to go home as soon as possible.

Caylee was imaginary to them as well. Just like with the man that Casey claimed to be her Father, Caylee should have been placed on that board in front of them as well...without a face...only a skull with duct tape around it's nose and mouth.

BBM This is an excellent point, imo, because it is one thing to second-guess the outcome of a jury's deliberations, it is another to question whether they actually took the time to deeply go into the evidence together and think things through.

Unless, of course, they saved time by starting deliberations much earlier in the trial.

Nothing but a paucity of evidence.

Yea, did you listen to anything the alt juror said? He was pretty much a <modsnip> and was saying things like "They didn't prove motive" when the judge instructs them NOT to consider that and not to weigh that and the state doesn't have to prove motive. YOU think there wasn't enough evidence but most people think there was.

I completely disagree! The jury took the accidental drowning theory and ran with it.

Anyone with common sense would know that ALL the evidence needed to be evaluated. They allowed a murderer to come into court and continue lying to the world and to them just as she did to LE.

They never asked to see or watch anything over again! Nothing, nodda! They took this theory and decided that they wanted to go home as soon as possible.

Caylee was imaginary to them as well. Just like with the man that Casey claimed to be her Father, Caylee should have been placed on that board in front of them as well...without a face...only a skull with duct tape around it's nose and mouth.

I am repeating myself, but I do think they interpreted or dismissed evidence in favor of an accidental drowning. They decided against ME, the decomp evidence, chloroform was due to cleaning products and duct tape used in burial floated onto the skull, this was rebutted by Jeff Ashton but I think they had already made up their minds. Linda tried to point out that the lies were self-serving and changed according to situation, that was dismissed due to family dysfunction. I think the big picture was quite clear, but I guess the jury would`ve wanted some more undisputed evidence (though the decomp smell was just that).

I`m also so tired of the claim that Casey is only seen guilty because of emotion, please. JB tried to provoke emotion throughout the trial- poor abused Casey, everyone hates Casey, everyone is against Casey, they try to make Casey a *advertiser censored*, let this poor girl go home, she was even a good mother. I think emotion is always involved in these decisions, and injustice provokes anger, it`s only normal.

Her behavior regarding the checks and stealing had nothing to do with how Caylee died (REGARDLESS of how you feel about it).

ALL the evidence regarding the child's death was put before this jury (so says the SAO)

Really? Just like the jailhouse letters where Casey admitted that she was going to leave? That she knew Zenaida would not harm Caylee and she didn't blame her for not coming forward?

She was going to leave!!!! She was running!!!! She admitted it, but it is not evidence?

Stealing had everything to do with this case! Everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname