The Evidence Trail - Zahra Baker

We have the jail house letters from EB that discuss that Zahra is deceased (not really killed), was ill for 2 weeks and ... that AB disposed of her (Horribly).

Can someone provide a link? Thanks!

“Obviously, we believe it may be (a human bone) because we have had people tell us it is consistent with a human bone, but we have no confirmation on that,” said Capt. Thurman Whisnant of the Hickory Police Department.

The bone was delivered to SBI lab Thursday to collect a DNA profile. It takes longer for the medical examiner to examine the bone than it does for the SBI lab to collect material for DNA. By delivering the bone to the SBI office first, the profile can be completed while the ME’s office conducts a separate set of tests, Whisnant said.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/05/sbi-runs-dna-test-bone-search-continues-ar-512244/

bumping

I am so saddened to have to type this next bit

Human remains consistent with a child (per ME onsite) confirmed by LE on 11-12-10 to have been found at the Dudley Shoals search site near where EB was in a vehicle with LE the week prior. Remains were found on wednesday, 11-10-10, during a renewed search of the area.

ETA there will probably be more editting as I cannot even think straight - gonna pull links to add

snipped: http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050

The sad revelation comes after "possible human remains" were found Wednesday near Little River off Dudley Shoals Road in Caldwell County near when authorities were searching for clues related to missing Zahra Baker.

and

Police said the said the bone found last week off of Christie Road "matches DNA found from the house at 21st Avenue Northwest," which is where Zahra lived before going missing on Oct. 9. A police source also told WBTV's Steve Ohnesorge that "the bone has evidence of cut marks on it."

per presser of 11-12-10 by LE - bone found at Christy search site has been confirmed thru DNA analysis as consistent with sample believed to be Zahra's removed from Baker home.

Looks like they are still searching for more evidence.

CHARLOTTE -- Hickory Police say two-man search crews are back at various locations Monday looking for more evidence into the Zahra Baker investigation. This news comes three days after an emotional press conference from Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins, who said they had received enough evidence to believe they have found the little girl's body.

Video & more at link

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...to-honor-zahra--search-for-evidence-continues

It appears that Le is still searching for evidence.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...to-honor-zahra--search-for-evidence-continues

Snipped"

"CHARLOTTE -- Hickory Police say two-man search crews are back at various locations Monday looking for more evidence into the Zahra Baker investigation. This news comes three days after an emotional press conference from Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins, who said they had received enough evidence to believe they have found the little girl's body."

What could they be searching for now? Pieces of evidence? As in going over these area's looking for fibers, cigarette butts, etc.?

Trying to find more body parts, as much as they can of her - like Caylee? Despite having 'enough'.

Yes, maybe 2 man teams just to go over the area again, certainly can't hurt to go over the sites again and again looking for anything they can find.

I would like to think that part of the "pieces of evidence" that LE found was her head (in the hole perhaps). If not.. I would SURE hope they would continue to search for it.

Yes, maybe 2 man teams just to go over the area again, certainly can't hurt to go over the sites again and again looking for anything they can find.

Absolutely agree. I am so impressed with how determined and dedicated this investigative team has been and continues to be, they are gonna nail this case to the wall - be afraid EB and AB, be VERY afraid.

Wasn't sure where to put this thought, but it pertains to potential evidence, so thought I'd start here. If anyone has any input, please respond.

Does anyone recall if when EB's passport was taken, if there was any mention in the media of countries visited other than Australia on this particular passport? And if this was her first passport (the one that she used to travel to Australia) or if it was a renewal of an older or perhaps outdated passport?
TIA if anyone has this info.

I not quite sure if this is the right thread but I had asked Jennifer Moxley on her FB if two man search crews were still going out and she says yes they have been for sometime. Also they are working on unsealing the search warrants.

An obituary for Zahra has been posted in the Hickory Daily record, on Nov.24th.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/hickoryrecord/obituary.aspx?n=zahra-clare-baker&pid=146804759

Zahra Clare Baker
Photo

HICKORY - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, of Hickory, is in the presence of angels and in the arms of her Heavenly Father. Arrangements are incomplete at Drum Funeral Home & Cremation Services in Hickory.

This would mean that all testing on Zahra's remains are complete right? I am thinking and hoping that we are going to hear more news on arrests soon!

I have a question... Does anyone know or have a link that says the remains were buried? Is that just an assumption or is there a link to that effect?

Is it possible the remains were left lying on top of the ground but forensic investigators dug it up to determine PMI using the soil samples?

Slideshow of the hole in the dirt...

http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/25759768/detail.html

On Wednesday, Gunpowder Creek was searched, as well as the brush along the banks. A BOB-CAT was also brought in to trim the brush farther up the banks. In one area, investigators searched about 10 feet from the banks of Gunpowder Creek. At this spot, there is now a two-and-a-half foot deep hole that gapes 10-feet wide. The hole is about 25 feet from the end of a paved access road.

The hole wasn’t visible on Wednesday, before law enforcement closed the road to traffic around mid-day. Inside this hole is a smaller, distinct, round hole in the dirt. All of the dirt from the hole was also taken with the investigators.

A white evidence flag was marked at the edge of the hole. At previous search sites, a white flag was used to mark bones.
There was a medical examiner from Chapel Hill who was on-hand at the search site Wednesday, according to officials on the scene.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...igators-digging-clues-search-zahra-ar-529180/

I am just noodlin' because of the following information:

Meanwhile, the techniques for retracing the evolution of a murder are getting ever more refined. Take soil samples. As bodies decompose, they leak five fatty acids into the ground beneath them. Each day after death, the various profiles of these acids will vary. Analysis of them can reveal the time of death, as well as pinpoint exactly how long any given body has been lying in a particular place. The soil can also reveal the presence of a corpse, even if the body itself has been removed or destroyed. The ''stain'' left by a body's volatile acids, which also suppresses plant life around it, can last for up to two years, leaving a kind of phantom fingerprint in the earth. Thus, soil, like maggots, becomes an ''information bomb,'' and the dead can be reconstructed (if not resurrected) long after they have disappeared physically.

warning graphic information in article

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/12/03/magazine/crime-scene-forensics-dead-men-talking.html?pagewanted=7

To my knowledge we have lots of suggestions in MSM that remains were burried, but we have no confirmation from LE that is the case. LE has only confirmed that remains were found and where.

Therefore, your suggestion about soil around remains is very valid and possible IMO

Perhaps by the warrants being unsealed (read revealed) LE fears that this will tip their hand on things they are still compiling evidence on and further fears this will give party(ies) an opportunity to refute or explain away certain things?

In other words, building as airtight case as possible? This worries me because it indicates they are not confident evidenciarily to indict? Or perhaps they feel confident to indict one person but not convinced that wouldn't hamper their ability to indict more than one and that is where they think it is going?

Purely specuation and thinking out loud on my part.

Worrisome, I agree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back