The Evidence Trail - Zahra Baker

Thank you Fox for putting this in a thread.

In most court trials that I have witnessed in person, LE has documented who, when and where, has handled the evidence. LE was very careful not to contaminate the evidence.

Because of this atrocity (IMO), will this piece of evidence be admissible in a trial?

According to the article I dont think it will be inadmissable in court. It does make one wonder what else the defense is hiding from LE. Like possibly the rest of Zahras body. I just dont think this is right and was never aware it was an allowed tactic.

Leaves me with concerns about contamination of evidence. My understanding is evidence is fully documented, photographed in situ, prior to any handling, then it is collected within the bounds of good forensic practice to avoid contamination, then given to forensics, etc. At lease we are aware that this item was discussed (presumably in depth) with the LE as part of the negotiation process, and then handed over, so we can assume that the LE was informed fully of it's history. We can only hope that the private investigator took appropriate steps in procuring this evidence, so the LE may have photographs etc as I outline above.

I just can't help but think of the Jon Benet case where the aunt came into the house (wearing a police jacket) and took various items from around the house for the family, and not all these were recorded! AND that in the JB case a considerable number of extra individuals were invited onto the premises (family friends, minister, etc) who impacted on the premises (which admittedly was a "kidnapping" scene rather than a "murder" scene at that time) – this incident reeks of that to me. The private detective would have left his own imprint on the location, and without a thorough forensic background this may have impacted on the complete value of the evidence (whatever it is). What of course is possible is that this evidence was found at another location, not a place previously considered and searched.

Hello, I don't post here often, but I've followed the Zahra case since it came out, and I have a question....

When are the results of the recent discovery of skull (?) and bones in the area Zahra's remains were discovered going to be revealed? http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...where-suspected-zahra-skull-found-ar-2184245/

I feel sure that they have discovered what was missing, and maybe the skull will shed some light on what happened to this baby girl.

Did the father ever get charged in this too ...I allways see a matt baker on ..ON THE CASE and he looks so much like the dad is zara's case i think maybe even have the same name i think this ase of matt baker he killed his wife so i know its not the same guy but he sure looks the same ...Did the father in zara's case eventually get charged as well he had to have knowen what she was doing to that sweet child...

Did the father ever get charged in this too ...I allways see a matt baker on ..ON THE CASE and he looks so much like the dad is zara's case i think maybe even have the same name i think this ase of matt baker he killed his wife so i know its not the same guy but he sure looks the same ...Did the father in zara's case eventually get charged as well he had to have knowen what she was doing to that sweet child...

No Adam Baker was not charged. He went back to Australia. Zahra's remains were released to him. I think he knew what went on, but was no way to prove anything on him. jmo

No Sirree, not him. Much too thick, and bombed out on Cannabis when whatever was going on was going on. Or so he says. Personally, I believe him, and he definitely is thick.

Here's a Case Archive for "Adam Baker Justice":
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Zahra%20Baker%20%20-NC-/Adam%20Baker%20Justice-%20%20Charges-%20%20Hearings-%20%20Trial/

A sub-album of the main Zahra Baker Case Archive.

From here you can access all the subject-specific sections, plus the meat of the case is mostly in the main:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Zahra Baker -NC-/

Here is the section for "Elisa Baker Justice":
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...isa Baker Justice- Charges- Hearings- Trials/

Thanks for this informative link. Tonight I viewed hundreds of pics covering the Zahra Baker case. The ones that really startled me was pictures of the house the Bakers rented in Hickory. They had stark white skulls mounted on the iron railings leading to their door. The photos were taken on Oct 10th, which was very very early for Halloween (if that was the intent) and extremely morbid and innapropriate for a family reporting the disappearance of a child. Perhaps EB thought this would be a way to "brag" about a dirty deed. What was wrong with Adam, and why didn't he demand that those skulls be removedthat afternoon when he "discovered" that his daughter was "missing". IMO

IMO - This really demonstrates a lack of love and compassion for a brave beautiful girl who was horribly abused. IMO

He left her belongings so he wouldn't have cared about skulls on fence IMO

Here's a Case Archive for "Adam Baker Justice":
Adam Baker Justice- Charges- Hearings- Trial by amanda reckonwith

A sub-album of the main Zahra Baker Case Archive.

From here you can access all the subject-specific sections, plus the meat of the case is mostly in the main:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Zahra Baker -NC-/

Here is the section for "Elisa Baker Justice":
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Zahra Baker -NC-/Elisa Baker Justice- Charges- Hearings- Trials/

I know that the obvious answer is the amount of time that's passed, but why can't I use any links related to ZB? Everything is either 404'd or not available.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back