The Evidence Trail - Zahra Baker

It seems with the paint cans, and photos of inside the house, that there was a lot of remodeling/painting going on. I highly doubt Zahra's bedroom had been that bright pink/purple when the Bakers moved in, or that there was black paint in the living room. So someone could've been redoing the bathroom floor as well. What I am suspicious of, however, is the black paint over the tile in the bathroom since it looks like someone just hurriedly slapped it on there not realizing how easily it would peel off. MOO

It sure must have been a super rush job in the bathroom. Did you see how many wide brush strokes were left on the side of the toilet tank? Makes it seem more like a cover-up than a carefully planned remodel job. . .

It sure must have been a super rush job in the bathroom. Did you see how many wide brush strokes were left on the side of the toilet tank? Makes it seem more like a cover-up than a carefully planned remodel job. . .

That's what makes me believe painting over the tile was something done after the dismemberment. Any amount of humidity (from using the shower) in the bathroom would've had all off it peeled off by the time the photo was taken. I think, however, the flooring was being replaced beforehand. MOO

I am wondering about the green car cover that was recovered in one of the warrants. I'm including a photo from crankycrankersons photobucket.

Could that be the car cover in question that EB said was disposed of? along with a comforter that was found in one of the vehicles? I am wondering if an inconsistency is found there.

Also along with the CD of photo's there was a kodak camera on one then on another along with a digital camera, memory card, negitives, and a photo of Z. Nothing has been said at all what any of those contained.

Respectfully,

8 EMPTY pill bottles..........what was the drug in them????
funny the bottles were not thrown out.........

Should see mine, ( well till recently when i threw some out) I had 10 or 15 partially filled bottles of older medicine that i just dont throw out till i know i have no use for it ) Use to clean them and use them for odds and ends also ( bolts, earring backs ect)

What stuck out to me moreso than the pill bottles was the stun gun. Now what on earth would that be needed for? :waitasec: MOO

Aye Dont think its too common to have a stun gun in the home for protection.. IF we took a poll here i bet maybe 1 out of every 1000 might have one, odds would be very low. Would like to know whos it was

That whole bathroom was skeery looking to me! Was that over-ripe plum paint that was painted over the walls and tiles? Had it been peeled off the tiles? It looks like pieces (sheets) of the same paint are on the floor. It seemed odd to me too that plastic bottles of what look like cleansers or bleach were left in the bath tub. Like the initial cleaning job hadn't been completed yet. The searchers wouldn't have thrown them in there, would they? Creepy mold all over the tiles by the tub, too. I'd hate to even have to wash my hands in there!!

Different lifestyles is what it comes down too, I can see someone with limited funds painting the bathroom walls because the pink is ugly in a attempt to try and make it look better, Hell i have done such things when i was younger with no income but wanted to paint

Even recently i went to home depot and talked about my options to paint my kitchens wall tile because I HATE IT ( did not do it ) and some people do like black and are not evil ( My kitchen cabinets got painted black 4 months ago by me and u should have seen my husbands eyes as i was doign it )

Impatients its possible they didnt tape it thought they had a steady head and bumped and didnt clean it up.. I have done it but not so much these days

I will say its easier to think back to when i was first starting out, i was broke, wanting to make my house look nice with limited funds and sometimes my ideas turned out horrid but left it.. I also believe that some people cant understand how someone with limited funds decorate unless u have been there or have seen it .. its exacly and sometimes worse then EBs not everyone takes their time when doing decorating

Use to say as we were driving down the street you could ALWAYS tell which homes were rentals and which ones were owned by the people living in them.

For refrence only here is some examples of peoples homes with limited income/ bad decorators/ dont take time/ dont care.. I bet if i had enough time i could find old photos of when i first started out and some of the bad bad decorating ideas

Video of one landlords mess - HERE IS VIDEO

100714b.jpg
gross-bath.jpg
88196539.jpg
1863491154.jpg

OMG...:puke: I'd be afraid to even wash my hands in there let alone anything else.

Aye Dont think its too common to have a stun gun in the home for protection.. IF we took a poll here i bet maybe 1 out of every 1000 might have one, odds would be very low. Would like to know whos it was

I have a leopard print stun gun! The reason I have it? Because I read this website & my father is retired LE.

I'm not making excuses because I wonder myself why they had a stun gun but they might be more common than you think! My MIL has one too because she is disabled and home a lot by herself.

I have a leopard print stun gun! The reason I have it? Because I read this website & my father is retired LE.

I'm not making excuses because I wonder myself why they had a stun gun but they might be more common than you think! My MIL has one too because she is disabled and home a lot by herself.

According to BB, the stun gun or taser gun was in EB's possession as far back as May since I believe she claims it was used as a threat during their altercation.

MOO

Now gonna have to startt thread

I don't know about linoleum, but I do know about carpet. You can shampoo or steam clean carpet and the surface will be clean. The padding and/or flooring underneath will still have the stain. It is why sometimes stains reappear after you think you have cleaned it.

Hubby used to be a carpet installer years ago.

So LE could have just lifted the carpet out of the room, and scrapped the carpet fibers where they found the stain on the floor.

ok, now looking through pics of the interior of the house - there appears to be carpeting (thin looking to me) on the living room floor. Does there appear to be carpet padding to you?

Found pics @ Amandareckonwith's link to CrankyCrankerson's photobucket
pgs 306 & 307/888

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...0%20-NC-/?action=view&current=wsoctvcom-7.jpg

it should be noted that it credits wsoctv - so i trust that is where the original came from.

ok, now looking through pics of the interior of the house - there appears to be carpeting (thin looking to me) on the living room floor. Does there appear to be carpet padding to you?

pgs 306 & 307/888

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...0%20-NC-/?action=view&current=wsoctvcom-7.jpg

it should be noted that it credits wsoctv - so i trust that is where the original came from.

Going from that picture alone it would appear that the carpet was lifted to look under. It seems to be a Berber type carpet. That is a woven wool type carpeting. I'm sure by now it could be a synthetic blend. This type of carpeting would not clean well to remove blood. So M_K could be right on Z's room having the carpeting removed before hand. LE may have taken carpet fibers for forensic reasons or found a blood droplet on the carpeting in the living room. This is all JMO. I'm going by the picture alone. (If you look by what appears to be the fireplace there is a pull of the carpeting. It pulls in a string of wool once pulled it just keeps going.)

Carrying over from Media Thread, thanks to FaerieB

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...delay-hearing-zahra-baker-warrants-ar-601764/

DA's office asks to delay hearing on Baker warrants
Hearing on sealed search warrants was scheduled for next week; wants it moved to January.

Snipped:

NEWTON --

"The Catawba County district attorney's office filed a motion Wednesday to move a hearing to discuss at least 20 sealed search warrants in the Zahra Baker investigation. The new date is Jan. 3, 2011.

Prosecutor Sean McGinnis initially filed a motion on Nov. 29 to extend current sealing orders on all search warrants relating to the case. The warrants were initially sealed for 30 days. In the motion McGinnis filed on Nov. 29, it stated a hearing was set for Dec. 13 to discuss the sealing orders on the search warrants."

And:

"The warrants that remain sealed contain information on Department of Social Services’ investigation of Elisa three children, Brittany Proctor (Starbuck), Amber Fairchild and Douglas Proctor in Alexander, Cleveland, Lincoln, Gaston, Burke, Catawba and Caldwell counties.

The search warrants also contain information on the Baker house at 21 Avenue, NW, in Hickory, cell phone records, information from IMVU, the social networking site where Elisa met Adam, and medical records for Elisa."

BBM I thought there was only 2 unsealed warrants. At least 20??

I think they mean that there are still 20 plus that are currently sealed and they are trying to keep that way.

Will be very interested when these are unsealed to see why DSS was called for Elisa's three children, when, and who made the reports and what the outcome of any investigation was, or what information can be released regarding that of course. How many times they were called will also be of great interest.

IMVU should be another eye-opener.

pgs 306 & 307/888

I don't see any padding.

In photo #323 of Zahra's closet, it looks like the same gray carpet on the floor under the stickers as the one in the living room (photo #328).

I don't see any padding.

In photo #323 of Zahra's closet, it looks like the same gray carpet on the floor under the stickers as the one in the living room (photo #328).

Good Eye Harmony!
I noticed there wasn't any padding under the carpeting (or at least there didn't appear to be) but I didn't want to start a rumor (ha). Wanted to see if anyone else noticed that as well.

I cannot imagine a landlord installing carpet without padding, but I have seen slumlords who will do anything to save a buck. (not saying that happened in this case). Surely, if the leak in the roof had been going on a long time, the landlord would have had it repaired before renting it again (wouldn't ya think?). A rental home is a large investment and upkeep is crucial to keeping the investment lucritive (especially in this economy).

I did have a neighbor who had 5 dogs and 13 puppies (along with umpteen cats, bunnies, etc). The home had just been re-carpeted prior to her purchasing it and within 2 years she had cut and removed all of the carpeting in the 3500 square foot home. She rolled up 3 foot sections of carpet and padding and put it in her garbage can for weekly pickup over several months. The family left the home the day the bank put foreclosure paperwork on the front door. The home was purchased just before foreclosure and the new owners recarpeted. The home was rented to another family whose 2 dogs, 3 cats, and a captured wild squirrel was later added to the menagerie. (poor thing) 2 years later, renters left, house was recarpeted and sold again. Sorry for the slightly off topic and rambling post - just wanted to share how quickly carpeting can be ruined by puppies, animals and lack of supervision/cleanup/care by the pet owners.

Will be very interested when these are unsealed to see why DSS was called for Elisa's three children, when, and who made the reports and what the outcome of any investigation was, or what information can be released regarding that of course. How many times they were called will also be of great interest.

IMVU should be another eye-opener.

..in the recent S/W re: DSS

http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=467386
--warrant--(page 7).

10. "Information was obtained that Elisa Baker has had numerous reports made to the DSS and numerous investigations conducted by the agency regarding abuse of her biological children as far back as 1999."

....this would mean that during the 10 year timeframe of the EY/AY marriage , that DSS was called out for "numerous investigations".

which differs from AY's recollection:

"DSS was called i think twice while we were together."

Good Eye Harmony!
I noticed there wasn't any padding under the carpeting (or at least there didn't appear to be) but I didn't want to start a rumor (ha). Wanted to see if anyone else noticed that as well.

I cannot imagine a landlord installing carpet without padding, but I have seen slumlords who will do anything to save a buck. (not saying that happened in this case). Surely, if the leak in the roof had been going on a long time, the landlord would have had it repaired before renting it again (wouldn't ya think?). A rental home is a large investment and upkeep is crucial to keeping the investment lucritive (especially in this economy).

I did have a neighbor who had 5 dogs and 13 puppies (along with umpteen cats, bunnies, etc). The home had just been re-carpeted prior to her purchasing it and within 2 years she had cut and removed all of the carpeting in the 3500 square foot home. She rolled up 3 foot sections of carpet and padding and put it in her garbage can for weekly pickup over several months. The family left the home the day the bank put foreclosure paperwork on the front door. The home was purchased just before foreclosure and the new owners recarpeted. The home was rented to another family whose 2 dogs, 3 cats, and a captured wild squirrel was later added to the menagerie. (poor thing) 2 years later, renters left, house was recarpeted and sold again. Sorry for the slightly off topic and rambling post - just wanted to share how quickly carpeting can be ruined by puppies, animals and lack of supervision/cleanup/care by the pet owners.

lol would be perfect for my padded cell in my own asylum on a remote caribbean island with my personalized straight jacket :D

and i know what i just posted was wayyyyyyyy off topic hehe

..in the recent S/W re: DSS

http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=467386
--warrant--(page 7).

10. "Information was obtained that Elisa Baker has had numerous reports made to the DSS and numerous investigations conducted by the agency regarding abuse of her biological children as far back as 1999."

....this would mean that during the 10 year timeframe of the EY/AY marriage , that DSS was called out for "numerous investigations".

which differs from AY's recollection:

"DSS was called i think twice while we were together."

In another report it listed seven different counties in which DSS was called on EB for her older 3 children. That would mean a minimum of 7 previous referrals before Zahra came to live with her. If there were "numerous" referrals in each county - there could be dozen(s). Depending on whether these referrals resulted in "founded" or "unfounded" referrals to DSS, they may or may not count against her. In my neck of the woods, multiple previous referrals on one careprovider, can increase the risk factors to the child. Of course if these referrals were determined to be "unfounded" (ie: someone just calling in random accusations with no proof of harm to a child), they may not carry as much weight for child risk factors, but they are certainly considered - because it generally takes a lot of courage for a caring 3rd party to call DSS on a parent. That can start an investigation, if a child is determined to be at risk of abuse or harm, based upon the referral info and the initial screening process at DSS.

IMO

What is the definition of "numerous"? Seems to me it could easily be interpreted to be as little as more than one. Perhaps even two or more? We just don't know yet. I'm fairly familiar with how these sorts of documents can be written to add weight to certain things. Not meaning to make light of the investigations at all, but I'm just trying to say it might not be as many as it appears as written.

It does take a lot of courage to report that sort of thing to DSS or any agency. Agencies take these sorts of things seriously, as long as verifiable information is provided that investigators can quickly establish as fact. Not meaning to advocate for DSS but, really, agencies do not have the resources (or desire) to go fishing for evidence.

MOO :twocents:

In another report it listed seven different counties....

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...ys-office-files-motion-seal-additi-ar-602009/

"The warrants that remain sealed contain DSS information on Elisa’s three children, Brittany Proctor (Starbuck),Amber Fairchild and Douglas Proctor in

Alexander,Cleveland,Lincoln,Gaston,Burke,Catawba and Caldwell counties."

..also of interest, in this definition of numerous, # of visits is cited as an example.

nu·mer·ous
   /ˈnumərəs’
–adjective
very many; being or existing in great quantity: numerous visits; numerous fish.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back