The Hobbs Family Secret

I would love to see this case put together from the beginning. From the start with real investigative eyes, minus the sensational satanists track or the bias toward Damien because he was different. I would love to see a REAL investigation of this crime.

My feeling is if that was done.. TH would at least have to be tried considering the hair that connects him directly to the crime.

What about the blood on the pendant that was shared between Echols and Baldwin? Wouldn't that also connect two of them to the crime for you.

Not to mention all the other evidence fibers and the confessions.

What about Byers, I thought the supporters were sure he did this crime, but you don't hear much about that anymore for some reason.

The blood on the pendant was unconfirmed. I don't know what you mean by "all the other evidence fibers and the confessions" because the evidence fibers did not link any of the WM3 to the murders. And those were clearly false/coerced confessions. I don't think supporters are "sure" of anything either. They just speculate based on information they receive. That's not being positive...it's questioning the facts.

The blood on the pendants could have either matched Jason or one of the victims. At that time they could only tell the blood type. Unfortunately all the samples were used so it can't be tested again for DNA.

I'm curious about what other evidence there is. Most days I really am a fence sitter and other days I think that the 3 are innocent. That's why I like to hear from both sides and not just hearing,"go look at callahans!!" Or, "they plead guilty!!" Etc. I think there are things we will NEVER know unless someone Really confesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And those were clearly false/coerced confessions. I don't think supporters are "sure" of anything either.
Yet you've just proclaimed the entirety of Misskelley's many confessions both coerced and false, and you're far the only one to do so. Do you not consider that presuming to be sure of something? As for fibers, there were some fibers identified at the trials as consistent with sources from Baldwin and Echols' homes and which have been disputed since then, but no actual analysis of those fibers is publicly available for us to consider that evidence for ourselves.

The blood on the pendants could have either matched Jason or one of the victims. At that time they could only tell the blood type. Unfortunately all the samples were used so it can't be tested again for DNA.
Yeah, the blood on the pendant was discussed at a trial hearing, and it was actually two different blood types, but as you noted it's a dead end.

I think there are things we will NEVER know unless someone Really confesses.
There's plenty we'll never know regardless of who ever confesses to what extent, and any crime can remain a mystery by casually disregarding the confessions which have been made and the evidence which corroborates them.

I only discredit the confessions because Jessie didn't even know what time the crimes took place. He only came up with the right time AFTER it was told to him.

As far as the pendants, the other blood didn't match any of the victims, only Damien.

Reasons why somebody might give a false confession:

•duress
•coercion
•intoxication
•diminished capacity
•mental impairment
•ignorance of the law
•fear of violence
•the actual infliction of harm
•the threat of a harsh sentence
•Misunderstanding the situation

If you've read that list, do you agree that at least SOME of these applied when Jessie, Damien, or Jason were being questioned? I for certain can say that they did.

I only discredit the confessions because Jessie didn't even know what time the crimes took place. He only came up with the right time AFTER it was told to him.
Rather, that argument was discredited the closing arguments of Misskelley's trial by citing his initial confession:

In regard to time, and it was somewhat pointed out this morning in Inspector Gitchell's testimony -- there's an interesting statement in here by the defendant. He's saying this noon stuff and nine o'clock in the morning and all that. On page 12, and listen to this. When you get back there, again, make sure that you ask to listen to the tape, and get it to this spot, and you'll look and you'll see that nobody had said anything about, "Hey it happened at night" or anything like that. And you're gonna hear Jessie say, "Well, after all of this stuff happened that night, that they done it, I went home about noon." Absolutely makes no sense at all. But you'll hear those words come out of his mouth. Is it because we got somebody that doesn't have any concept of noon? It's not words put in his mouth. That's not anything from a question that was asked to him. Those are his words. "Well, after all of this stuff happened that night." Was that some kind of a slip? Why did he say that? He's the one who first says about it happening that night.
Have you not read those closing arguments, let alone read and listened to Misskelley many confessions which you so casually disregard?

Reasons why somebody might give a false confession:
I see no reason to conjure up such lists when there's plenty actual documentation of what people have done to consider.

I'm curious about what other evidence there is. Most days I really am a fence sitter and other days I think that the 3 are innocent. That's why I like to hear from both sides and not just hearing,"go look at callahans!!" Or, "they plead guilty!!" Etc. I think there are things we will NEVER know unless someone Really confesses.

BBM unless that is one of the convicted right? As long as that's not Damien I think Damien and Lori will make more excuses that supporters will believe because they're so invested in the innocence of the WM3 (so even if Jason or Jessie confessed .. again, it would be denied by many). I think even if Damien confessed some people would point to his mental health record and say he was deluded or messing with folks at this stage.

It is accepted by most of the world (except a few hard-core nons) that Jessie's statements were all false confessions. This site is just one of many that brand Jessie's statements as false confessions, and it's not a blog or discussion board about the case! It's from Broadreach Counseling and Mediation!

In this article from the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology at Northwestern University, the West Memphis Three case is one of two cited and examined as an example of false confession.

In short, the Jessie Lloyd Misskelley, Jr. "confession" is used in law schools and law journals as an example of a false or coerced confession. So, IMO, those who continue to deny that fact are simply being either stubborn or stupid. And, it doesn't matter how many times he "confessed" after the two June 3, 1993 statements. The initial false statements were the ones used to convict. Given Jessie's mental impairment, his continued "confessions" are understandable. He thought that, since he has already "confessed," any further statements were immaterial. If the truth be known, the infamous "Hand on the Bible" statement and its companion "Second Confession" were made because he was illegally and off the record promised a visit with his girlfriend and a shortened sentence. Regardless, none of his statements aligned with the evidence, despite the tap dance Fogleman and Davis did to make them!

BBM unless that is one of the convicted right? As long as that's not Damien I think Damien and Lori will make more excuses that supporters will believe because they're so invested in the innocence of the WM3 (so even if Jason or Jessie confessed .. again, it would be denied by many). I think even if Damien confessed some people would point to his mental health record and say he was deluded or messing with folks at this stage.

Mrs G you are so right on it.

You've made a very important point. No matter how much evidence that is brought forth there will be some supporters who will deny it.

There's so much money involved in keeping this thing going too.

. . . and some people will continually deny the validity of any information that points to the real killer. As I've often said, some people would deny the veracity of a video if one surfaced showing the murders and plainly showing the killer to be someone other than Damien, Jason and Jessie.

In short, the Jessie Lloyd Misskelley, Jr. "confession" is used in law schools and law journals as an example of a false or coerced confession. So, IMO, those who continue to deny that fact are simply being either stubborn or stupid.
Do you realize you've only linked one recent article from a student run law journal, but claimed both "law schools and law journals" in the plural sense as fact? And how exactly do you figure most of the world has even heard about this case, let alone feel they know enough about it to formulate an opinion on Misskelley's confessions?

. . . and some people will continually deny the validity of any information that points to the real killer. As I've often said, some people would deny the veracity of a video if one surfaced showing the murders and plainly showing the killer to be someone other than Damien, Jason and Jessie.

oh, that's been running through my head for weeks! i actually experienced the worst nightmares last night because of this. :great:

Do you realize you've only linked one recent article from a student run law journal, but claimed both "law schools and law journals" in the plural sense as fact? And how exactly do you figure most of the world has even heard about this case, let alone feel they know enough about it to formulate an opinion on Misskelley's confessions?

Well you obviously feel you know enough to formulate an opinion. And an opinion is just that...an opinion. It's not fact. I don't know why you continually argue about sources and links. You can get your information from a million sources trying to corroborate something but that doesn't necessarily mean that information is true. It just means that a lot of people have written about it.

Rather, that argument was discredited the closing arguments of Misskelley's trial by citing his initial confession:

Have you not read those closing arguments, let alone read and listened to Misskelley many confessions which you so casually disregard?

I see no reason to conjure up such lists when there's plenty actual documentation of what people have done to consider.

Jessie's confession is more worthless than the paper it's written on. I recognized that as soon as I read it, which was well before I reached any opinion as to whether or not the WM3 were properly convicted.

Jessie's confession is more worthless than the paper it's written on.
What's worthless is claims regarding complex matters such as the veracity of confessions from those who go around in circles refusing to even acknowledge the well documented fact that Echols lived in West Memphis at the time of the murders.

What's worthless is claims regarding complex matters such as the veracity of confessions from those who go around in circles refusing to even acknowledge the well documented fact that Echols lived in West Memphis at the time of the murders.

Again, as was mentioned before, I'm at a loss as to how this contributes to the discussion.

Echols lies every time he interviews. I think his questions are submitted in advance from the interviewer. I would love to see someone give him so hard questions and call him out on his lies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back