The Hobbs Family Secret

I don't care where Damian legally lived at the time. Teenagers tells lies, can be untruthful and deceptive....
I'm not talking about Echols the teenager in this instance, but rather for example what Echols told Larry King in 2007:

Well, I lived -- I didn't actually live in West Memphis. I lived in a small town right outside of West Memphis called Marion. So it was within, I don't know, I'd say about a 10, 15 mile area.
Do you not realize how far from clean Echols was coming to Larry King and everyone who watched or read that interview, even regarding the simple matter of where he actually lived around the time of the murders, or is it simply that you don't care how flagrantly Echols lies about anything?

I'm not talking about Echols the teenager in this instance, but rather for example what Echols told Larry King in 2007:

Do you not realize how far from clean Echols was coming to Larry King and everyone who watched or read that interview, even regarding the simple matter of where he actually lived around the time of the murders, or is it simply that you don't care how flagrantly Echols lies about anything?

Okay, let's be specific then. What was his legal residence? What is defined as a legal residence as opposed to one's residence? What was listed on any ID he had? Where was his mail sent? Where did he sleep? Where did he spend most of his time? Where were his SSI checks sent? Where were bank statements sent? Who else has made claims as to where Damian lived? Eh?

Why can't you have a discussion without implying people commenting or thinking differently from you support lying, murderers or that they are stupid or something? Can you quit with that and simply discuss the topic? I'm addressing you now but if you do it again I'll ignore you. Probably no loss in your mind but... it will affect the discussions. Discuss the topic please, not those of us discussing the topic. Thanks, that's be great!

I think the topic of this thread was forgotten about pages ago. The obsession some have with hating on Damien Echols and over analysing his every move seems to permeate every thread in here.

Okay, let's be specific then. What was his legal residence?
As Reedus noted previously in this thread:

per the arrest report it was 2706 South Grove, West Memphis, AR, which is also listed as the place of arrest.
Here's that arrest report, and the same address can be found on Echols' mental heath records from the day after the murders. An then there's Echols' testimony a trial which I've previously quoted in this thread:

15 Q. Okay. Where were you living at the time?
16 A. At the time I was arrested, Broadway Trailer Park.
17 Q. Okay. Well, when you were walking over here --
18 this is the interstate, didn't you -- where, if you
19 could, show me where you lived?
20 A. Right here (indicating), somewhere along in there.
21 Q. So you lived south of Broadway?
22 A. Uh-huh.
23 Q. And what time period was that? When did you quit
24 living south of Broadway?
25 A. When I was arrested.
Here's 2706 South Grove, West Memphis, AR on Google Maps so you can see what Echols described as his home at trial for yourself. Is that enough evidence to satisfy you regarding where Echols both legally and actually lived around the time of the murders, or need I go on?

How long did it take for the supporters to decide that JMB was cleared?

Don't know, don't care! Once evidence implicating someone else was found, I believe any remaining suspicion against JMB was dissipated. What supporters did (which the police didn't do) was to remain open to new information. Eventually, new information surfaced and the prime suspect changed. IMO, the fact that supporters were willing to change their minds about the prime suspect is a point in their favor, indicating that they are much more open minded than those who simply refuse to look at any new information in the case.

I do believe that the hair is linked to thousands of people.

And how many of those "thousands of people" were in West Memphis, Arkansas on May 5, 1993?

So :banghead::banghead: all you want. The truth is that three convicted child murderers plead guilty. You can't deny that one.

The truth is (once again) that the three wrongfully convicted young men accepted Alford pleas which allowed them to maintain innocence while pleading guilty. In a normal guilty plea, the suspect pleading guilty must explain the events of the crime sufficiently to satisfy the judge that they are guilty. In an Alford plea, this requirement is absent. Since Damien, Jason and Jessie were not present at the murders, there is no way that they could have given the particulars of the crime. The three who plead guilty are, in fact, innocent. Eventually, this fact will be proven to the public. IMO, the State of Arkansas knows it and was grateful for the opportunity to save face (and money) by allowing the Alford pleas.

As Reedus noted previously in this thread:

Here's that arrest report, and the same address can be found on Echols' mental heath records from the day after the murders. An then there's Echols' testimony a trial which I've previously quoted in this thread:

Here's 2706 South Grove, West Memphis, AR on Google Maps so you can see what Echols described as his home at trial for yourself. Is that enough evidence to satisfy you regarding where Echols both legally and actually lived around the time of the murders, or need I go on?

What are the answers to my questions?

How long did it take for the supporters to decide that JMB was cleared?

I do believe that the hair is linked to thousands of people.

So :banghead::banghead: all you want. The truth is that three convicted child murderers plead guilty. You can't deny that one.

And the blood on the necklace is linked to millions of people. Fogleman and Davis were prepared to use that as evidence at the E/B trial, so you can be sure that hair has probative value no matter how much you want to dismiss it.

I was specifically asking you what you think/understand/feel Damian was disagnosed with as a mental illness. ??

Ina Cognito, didn't you read my post?

You really should if you are wanting to have that answer questioned.

I'm simply amazed that there are supporters who still ask about his diagnosis when it's readily available for them to go check out. It's pretty shocking.

You'll also find that within those documents where the satanic ideas came from.

Do many people have a hard time processing how an Alford Plea works? Basically the plea of guilty because you recognize the state has a case that is able to be prosecuted with good chance of conviction but maintaining your innocence? When using this plea you agree to accept the punishment for a crime without admitting guilt. It's not hard to grasp but I keep seeing people conveniently concentrating on that "they plead guilty" thing.

The amount of times this has been stated I would say yes, many people do.

The amount of times this has been stated I would say yes, many people do.

There has been a lot of time and effort put forth trying to discredit Damien's credibility when, as far as I know, his credibility has absolutely nothing to do with the truth or veracity of the statements made concerning "The Hobbs' Family Secret". In fact, I don't know what Damien's credibility has to do with any of the evidence. At most, I suppose, what you can do if you believe he lies is to discard his trial testimony as unbelievable to you. Even if all Damien does is lie, it doesn't change the fact that there was no evidence against him or the WM3. It also doesn't change the evidence that exists that does tend to point to others.

I haven't even watched the Larry King video because even if he did lie about where he lived, my question is so what?

And for whatever it's worth, I didn't see where he lied under oath during his testimony.

Now, back on topic...The Hobbs' Family Secret...

Rather than trying to convince me why I shouldn't believe Damien, why shouldn't I believe there is some truth to the so-called Hobbs' Family Secret.

I'm simply amazed that there are supporters who still ask about his diagnosis when it's readily available for them to go check out. It's pretty shocking.

So in other words you can't or else you would have because it probably would have involved typing fewer characters.

Sigh, AGAIN I am asking YOU what YOU feel or understand his diagnoses to be? I can read very well and have read the related documents. I want to know what YOU think about them. Can you possibly answer this question?

UdbCrzy accepts the diagnoses throughout the documentation, and there's no point in recounting that to those who feel compelled to do otherwise.

UdbCrzy accepts the diagnoses throughout the documentation, and there's no point in recounting that to those who feel compelled to do otherwise.

I believe that the point is those "diagnoses" are irrelevant as they don't prove Damien killed anyone, let alone Christopher, Michael and Steven. Even the judge didn't believe "Exhibit 500" proved Damien to be mentally ill or he couldn't have pronounced a death sentence upon him. As has been said before, even if Damien were crazy as a loon, it is not evidence that he killed Christopher, Michael and Steven and wasn't used as such. It may indicate that Damien was someone who needed to be investigated, but that's as far as it goes. At this point in time, Damien's mental health issues in 1993 are completely irrelevant. Period.

This Sat night (US time) will be a radio show: The Opperman Report ..

"So filling in for Doug I'm doing a West Memphis Three show, I have returning, Shaun Wheeler, expert on the case, Terry Hobbs the subject of the smear campaign and false accusations in the last HBO Documentary Paradise Lost Purgatory, and Pam Hicks mother of Steve Branch. Pam was portrayed by Oscar winning actress Reese Whithersoon, in the movie Devils Knot. This is the first appearance ever of Terry Hobbs and Pam Hicks since she has recanted and apologized for her allegations and suspicions regarding Terry Hobbs."

and ..

Coming up next week we have a WM3 show with I have a great guest coming up !
William Ramsey Author of Abomination: Devil Worship and Deception in the West Memphis Three murders

More at FB link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Opperman-Report/606008916087023

Should be interesting.

Even the judge didn't believe "Exhibit 500" proved Damien to be mentally ill or he couldn't have pronounced a death sentence upon him.
Nonsense. The evidence which proves Echols committed the murders also provide him far more mentally ill than any medical records ever could, much the same as many other very disturbed people who've committed horrific murders and been sentenced to death for them.

"This is the first appearance ever of Terry Hobbs and Pam Hicks since she has recanted and apologized for her allegations and suspicions regarding Terry Hobbs."
That's wonderful news, I'm looking forward to hearing what they have to say.

Sigh, AGAIN I am asking YOU what YOU feel or understand his diagnoses to be? I can read very well and have read the related documents. I want to know what YOU think about them. Can you possibly answer this question?

You won't get that answer either.

Predictable, though I find is strange coming from someone who insists others answer his question about Damien's residence.

<snipped>

Now, back on topic...The Hobbs' Family Secret...

Rather than trying to convince me why I shouldn't believe Damien, why shouldn't I believe there is some truth to the so-called Hobbs' Family Secret.

Again, trying to get this thread back on topic, does anyone have an answer to this question?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back