The Jury

Sure Macushla...I was kind of hoping this thread would be a place to discuss anything about the jury....and will hopefully be useful when we get to deliberations.

It may be early to predict how long they will be out because the defense hasn't even started their case yet, and who knows what tricks they have up their sleeves. I'll start to try to figure out how to throw a poll together though.

BTW some other observations from the twittosphere:

Juror 11 is described as looking like George Clooney or Joey Tribiani (Matt LeBlanc).
Juror 12 is described as seemingly very interested in LDB according to several twitterers. They seem to suggest she is attentive when LDB speaks, and often looks at LDB when the defense is speaking to guage her reaction.

Judge Perry made a statement when he dismissed the jury on Day 5 or 6 telling the jury they could watch the hockey game and then HHJP said one juror is being called Johnny Depp. I wondered then if it was Juror 11.

I've been curious about Juror 4 the lady that can't judge people. That is a hung jury in the making if she can't judge people.

i like juror number 1 the best. classy older lady. well groomed seems like you could be her friend and she would be nice. grey haired lady long hair- makes me nervous. seems to bug me a bit. last jurors men in back look and lean to see balcony at times. sort of funny i have given them fake names as i try to imagine what their names are. i named number 1 virginia or jeannie - not sure why- long hair i named grey haired nancy- and red hair lady i named peggy-lol. not sure esp testing_lol. black lady i named annette. i feel a catherine , a frank and a nicole some where. i have no clue just my imagination- if i guessed right i have esp as i am told often!

I've heard some say she seems to be taking notes when it benefits the defense. It doesn't seem that she is taking a lot of notes though...not any more than anyone else....I think that if all of the other jurors believe she is guilty she may not want to hang the jury and may go along. Or she may be swayed by their arguments. Who knows, she may be totally stealth and be pro-prosecution. I won't say she doesn't worry me, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about her.

I'm relying on the other jurors who she may be able to find common ground with. The male AA juror, or maybe the older white lady who described herself as very religious also. Someone has to appeal to her that the greater sin is really allowing this baby's murder to go unpunished. JMHO

i like juror number 1 the best. classy older lady. well groomed seems like you could be her friend and she would be nice. grey haired lady long hair- makes me nervous. seems to bug me a bit. last jurors men in back look and lean to see balcony at times. sort of funny i have given them fake names as i try to imagine what their names are. i named number 1 virginia or jeannie - not sure why- long hair i named grey haired nancy- and red hair lady i named peggy-lol. not sure esp testing_lol. black lady i named annette. i feel a catherine , a frank and a nicole some where. i have no clue just my imagination- if i guessed right i have esp as i am told often!

LML, I love that you named the jurors! Too funny.

Bump, i dont tritter and find this thread intersting :) anything recent about the jury reactions?

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Juror 2 is rocking in his chair - it's odd because he never really does anything. Talk, look around, make a face, etc #CaseyAnthony -jfell (5 hours ago)

TeamNancyHLN Team Nancy HLN
Juror 3 has been taking a few notes today. This is unusual for her. She is a nursing student. #CaseyAnthony trial on #HLN.
1 hour ago

bobkealing bob kealing
#CaseyAnthony I've noticed juror 4 taking notes today. She's not a big note taker.
1 hour ago

stevehelling Steve Helling
Juror 4 now reviewing her notes...
1 hour ago

Juror 4 took few notes during the prosecution, but a lot for defense. Just watched her turn to a new page of her pad. #CaseyAnthony
1 hour ago

There goes juror 6 with a big yawn. This #CaseyAnthony testimony isn't always exciting.
4 hours ago

Juror 6 - a 33-year-old married chef who now sells restaurant supplies. Kids aged 6 and 2. Has a BS in Business from UF.
4 hours ago

Side note: Many non-MSM tweeters taking independent note of the same fact, that Juror 6 appeared to be fighting to stay awake.

bobkealing bob kealing
#CaseyAnthony Looong yawn from juror 7.
4 hours ago

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Jurors 8,13,15 (all women ) are writing a lot. It's common. Juror 10 (man)doesn't normally but today he hasn't stopped. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
6 hours ago

ABCAshleigh Ashleigh Banfield
Juror # 11 yawns and stretched his hands behind his head in #caseyanthony .
4 hours ago

bobkealing bob kealing
#CayleeAnthony Juror 4 rubbing her eye. 11 leaning on back wall.Casey and Caylee excluded from partial Tape DNA profile.
4 hours ago

bobkealing bob kealing
#CaseyAnthony Jurors 10&11 resting heads on back wall. I'll bet drowsy juror six in front wishes he could.
4 hours ago

I dont blame them, Im having a hard time following today with all this technical talk.. but I hope they can get this done for caylee.

What say the jury? That is really the most important question of all questions.

The TH's opinions and the general publics opinions of this trial are totally irrelevant to the decision that will be made by the jurors. Those decisions made by the jurors will be made by analyzing the evidence and testimony that has been presented at trial. We can look at what has been presented at trial and guess what it may mean to the jurors, but we can not make the decisions for them.

The jurors have been given a mountain of evidence from both sides to try to digest. They have not yet been allowed to deliberate with the other jurors. When they do get the chance to deliberate, they must attempt to all agree on a verdict of guilty or not guilty. In this case, I do not believe this will be an easy task for them.

Which witnesses have been credible to them? What evidence has made the biggest impressions on the jurors? Do all the objections and sidebars make the jurors think the dt is trying to get in evidence that they shouldn't be allowed to get in, or do they think the prosecution is trying to keep out evidence that may prove innocence? Do the jurors think JB is hopeless as a lawyer and they feel sorry for KC that she has a poor lawyer for her defense? Do the jurors think JA's outbursts are passion for Caylee, or rudeness towards the court? Do the jurors think the forensics the pt has presented is proof beyond a reasonable doubt of murder, or has the dt's cross examinations and witnesses raised reasonable doubt about the forensics? Will the jurors place any weight on the fact that the grieving grandparents of the victim are also the parents of the defendant and a guilty verdict will cause them to now lose not only their granddaughter, but their daughter as well? Were the 31 days celebration of freedom obtained from murdering her child, or were those 31 days denial of the tragedy of her daughter drowning and her father abusing her for years? We, the general public, and the TH's do not know what the jurors think. We can only speculate.

The media has turned this case into a circus, as they did with cases such as OJ Simpson, and Jonbenet Ramsey. Almost lost in this circus like atmosphere is the fact that a lovely child has tragically lost her life. So we soon must ask what say the jury? If the jury acquits, and Caylee had died from an accidental drowning, our justice system worked. If however KC murdered Caylee, an acquital would be a travesty of justice. If the jury finds KC guilty of premeditated murder, and Caylee actually died from an accidental drowning, this would be a travesty of justice. If however KC murdered Caylee then our justice system worked, and justice will have been served.

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

Kathy Belich said that after Lee's sobbing testimony the other day the jurors were laughing as they left the courtroom. The door was still open and Kathy could hear them laugh away. Both Kathy and Bill Sheaffer said that that's not a good sign for the defense.

Kathy Belich said that after Lee's sobbing testimony the other day the jurors were laughing as they left the courtroom. The door was still open and Kathy could hear them laugh away. Both Kathy and Bill Sheaffer said that that's not a good sign for the defense.

I think it may be that because the state's case is strong, the majority of them have seen enough to convict and Lee's testimony did nothing to change their minds.

I would so like to be a fly on the wall during deliberations. (or a hawk at the window!) :)

So, this is kind of a naive question. I know the jurors aren't allowed to talk about the case among themselves - are they constantly monitored? When they're together, waiting to go back in, do they just talk about basketball or something? I can't imagine being asked to leave the court room, and then going into another room and completely changing the subject to something else. It was reported that they started laughing - so did they laugh and then instantly have to shut up and talk about lunch?

They could have been laughing about anything though and considering they can't talk about the case I don't believe it was about Lee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back