The Kitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think bringing in the kitten and buying the wine speaks volumes about DB's priorities and the type of person she is.......

You've obviously never imbibed and then watched that Sarah McLachlan commercial for the ASPCA. I'm thinking the wine was opened and then along came a kitty! :crazy:

I am totally guessing but it's possible they're saying it to explain why the boy was sleeping in the parents' room--i.e. she didn't feel comfortable letting boy and stray sleep alone together the first night in case it was cujo kitty or something. Which also conveniently gives her somewhat of an alibi, since you'd assume the boy would know if mom got up and did something to the baby.

And to respond to someone else I forgot to quote, I think the kitten could be important. I know there's been speculation about where they found it and if maybe it was at the dumpster while disposing of something related to the baby or to give them a reason to keep the dog outside for the night.

Like everything, it's just another potential piece to the puzzle--hard to know what matters until more of the pieces appear.

And finally, re the person who posted about the 2-3 am antics of kittens, that IS interesting because it makes me wonder if the cat getting up could have woken either of them up.

Would be nice to know too if they found cat hair in the crib. I know adults who complain their cats try to sleep on their heads--could cat have gone to sleep atop the baby and unintentionally smothered her?

And not to forget the dog, I wonder if he was always kept out at night. That seems odd to do just because of the cat--they could have just had them sleep in different rooms if she was worried about fighting or something.
I don't believe a cat/kitten could have smothered an 11 months old large baby. I don't think you can find a case like this in the history of the world.

Did DB or JI specifically say this was a stray kitten? If they didn't, perhaps it's possible that the drinking buddy neighbor brought it to the house that night. Maybe she has a cat who had kittens?

Did DB or JI specifically say this was a stray kitten? If they didn't, perhaps it's possible that the drinking buddy neighbor brought it to the house that night. Maybe she has a cat who had kittens?

But it appeared suddenly - JI came home and there was a cat (or so he says to people magazine). If somebody was going to bring one over that day-I presume DB and JI would have discussed it before hand.

Yes, DB is quoted on page 50 about a stray kitten / cat.

Oddly enough...My 12 yo daughter found a kitten wandering the neighborhood today and brought it in, fed it, and went onto name it and HAD plans to sleep with it tonight. I put a stop to it but am in the mood for this thread. JMO

For this reason (and others) I believe it was one of the boys who initially found the kitten and brought it inside the house; it is something a lot of children will do.

:)

For this reason (and others) I believe it was one of the boys who initially found the kitten and brought it inside the house; it is something a lot of children will do.

:)

I originally thought so too. But then, Debbi changed the story from "they found a stray kitten earlier in the day" to she found a stray kitten at some point after the neighbor came over to drink and before she went to bed. No specific time or context given. In all of her accounts, Debbi hasn't veered from the fact that all of the children were in the house the whole time watching a movie (with Lisa in bed). Maybe the boys came outside part of the time and found a kitty? Could be. But, that's not in the story told thus far. Odd, imo.

I originally thought so too. But then, Debbi changed the story from "they found a stray kitten earlier in the day" to she found a stray kitten at some point after the neighbor came over to drink and before she went to bed. No specific time or context given. In all of her accounts, Debbi hasn't veered from the fact that all of the children were in the house the whole time watching a movie (with Lisa in bed). Maybe the boys came outside part of the time and found a kitty? Could be. But, that's not in the story told thus far. Odd, imo.

Could be at this point she either doesn't remember what actually happened, or doesn't remember what she has said in other interviews. There is something odd, in my opinion, about her and the neighbor sitting outside for all those hours while the children are inside watching a movie and Lisa's in her crib. Wouldn't one normally be checking on them often, especially a sick baby? Would the boys be that enthralled with the movie that they didn't leave the TV?

:waitasec:

Could be at this point she either doesn't remember what actually happened, or doesn't remember what she has said in other interviews. There is something odd, in my opinion, about her and the neighbor sitting outside for all those hours while the children are inside watching a movie and Lisa's in her crib. Wouldn't one normally be checking on them often, especially a sick baby? Would the boys be that enthralled with the movie that they didn't leave the TV?

plus Panthera - it was getting chilly at night there. I could see maybe sitting out there until it got dark - but once it was dark - too chilly. And, like you said - no checking on any of the kids - at all? 3 youngsters loose in a house................AND a sick baby in the crib? Nope, it doesn't add up for me either.

The kitten. When was it found? Where was it found? Who found it? Was there a discussion about keeping it (with the children)? All we've heard is "a stray kitten was found that day and also found sleeping in DB's bed with her and the 6 yr old.

I think there's alot more to the goings-on of that night that we have not heard.

I agree with you. A 4 year old girl, a 6 year old boy, and an 8 year old boy are not likely to be engaged by a fairy tale movie and stay put inside a bedroom for hours. Even a room with bunk beds and toys, as Debbi made clear to us early on. The movie wouldn't last over 3 hours anyway.

If the neighbor or any people Debbi may have interacted with that night start talking, maybe some of the pieces will come together. With Debbi now lawyered-up and silent, and she not allowing the boys to be questioned again since her time line radically changed, lots of time/activity unaccounted for, imo.

What a coincidence!
Somebody can use this kitten to explain away why there is a positive hit of the cadaver dog in the house. Dead mouse/squirrel/bird...

Cadaver dogs do not hit on dead animals.

What a coincidence!
Somebody can use this kitten to explain away why there is a positive hit of the cadaver dog in the house. Dead mouse/squirrel/bird...

Cadaver dogs are trained to hit only on human decomposition.

plus Panthera - it was getting chilly at night there. I could see maybe sitting out there until it got dark - but once it was dark - too chilly. And, like you said - no checking on any of the kids - at all? 3 youngsters loose in a house................AND a sick baby in the crib? Nope, it doesn't add up for me either.

The kitten. When was it found? Where was it found? Who found it? Was there a discussion about keeping it (with the children)? All we've heard is "a stray kitten was found that day and also found sleeping in DB's bed with her and the 6 yr old.

Correct, it would have been chilly outside by 10:30pm. I don't understand sitting outside in the dark, drinking wine, when one could go inside and sit in the living room where they could actually hear if the baby cried, or get something for the boys from the kitchen, etc. And this neighbor's child was also inside the house. A four year old girl watching a movie with two boys, age 6 and 8? Whatever!!!

OK.. Ironically enough, I just saw a white kitten/cat standing outside my lanai meowing. As i opened the screen door she ran, but came when i called her. She was a bit thin, so I fed her some cat food and fresh water and when i stroked her, i noticed what looked like fleas on her white fur. So, i deduced the following:
I would NEVER have let this kitten into my bed until I had her bathed and de-flea'd especially bringing it in my bed with my child and infesting my linens!
Just doesn't make sense.
Another poster mentioned that DB might have thought it would make people think she was so sweet and caring, trying to lead suspicion away from a heinous act she may have committed. This is my thought as well.
I gotta go take a shower now since I'm totally freaked out by fleas and I'm feeling itchy!
BTW, the kitten left but by the way she let me rub her belly, i'm thinking she may have an owner...if not, I left the food out for her in case she wants to come back :)
Cats are like potato chips!! You can't have just one!!!

Cats are nocturnal. They tend to come alive when the sun goes down. Kittens are notorious for running around like crazy between two and three AM.

Yet this kitten was laying in bed asleep with D and her son. (According to J.)
:nyah:

BTW, the kitten left but by the way she let me rub her belly, i'm thinking she may have an owner...if not, I left the food out for her in case she wants to come back :)

Congratulations on your new family member! :crazy:

What a coincidence!

:crazy: That's it.

(I said last night and I'll repeat myself today, I don't think there ever was a kitten. I think Deborah threw that in to cause a warm and fuzzy 'caring' mom scene.

imo

Cadaver dog detects *human* death. Joe is claiming it is poo poo from Lisa by the bed. The poo didn't die Joe nor is it human.

ETA: Joe Tacopina is their lawyer who defended Joran Van Der Sloot.....

:rocker:

Yeah, but how did she find it? KWIM? I don't believe those boys were watching a movie for 4 hours. Maybe she "found" the kitten after one of the boys pointed it out or something. This was during her "hazy" blackout time anyway, so who knows what happened from 6:40-10:30? I'm sure the neighbor talked to LE and maybe the PI, but we don't know what they know. MOO

She couldn't watch over 3 children but she found and kuddled with a new found kitten. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny