The message on the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time believing that an alleged suicidal Rebecca authored it since the message was written in the third person. It is too similar to messages left at crime scenes rather than suicides.

She could have said the same thing: I saved Maxie can God save me? or I saved Maxie, can Jonah save me?

IMO, if it were written by woman driven to kill herself, she would have been penned a message on paper in her own handwriting.

My personal, hinky meter goes crazy when instead, the message is written in the third person, with paint and a brush (squeezed from the tube to the brush, no less) onto a door.
If you think it's a murder, what do you think the perp meant by the message?

With a convenient print right there no less. Also, why so much paint on her hands, breasts, back, but none on the rope, not much on the carpet and no drips running down the door?

Yes! If I were writing on the door, I would either open it up all the way, so it was against the wall and rest my arms against the door to steady my hand as I made block lettering. If the door were ajar, I would hold the door with my left hand (if I were right handed) as I wrote a message.

I am going to go re-read the report to see exactly where on her hands the paint was found.

I don't buy the hyper-religious stuff they're claiming. Why would she think suicide would send her to hell but adultery, fornication, and shoplifting wouldn't ?

That's a point I made in an earlier thread. She's "shacking up" with this guy, but that's not a sin to this "very religious" woman? I don't buy it. Maybe her family is or part of her family is and they would have liked to see her that way, but I doubt she was as devout as they are painting her to be...no pun intended.

RZ’s sister said she was a Christian.

Maybe it is the religious term “saved”

Having computer problems but grabbed a couple of links:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE SAVED?

When we talk about following Jesus, we often talk about “being saved.” Just
what does that mean, and if it is important, how do we become saved? All
humans sin, for it is our nature to sin. We have to be responsible for our
sin, and take the consequences for our sin. The ultimate consequence for sin
is to receive the punishment that we deserve, which is to be punished
eternally with Satan in Hell. Therefore, to be saved means that we are saved
from the punishment that we deserve. If we are “saved,” that means the same
thing as if we say we have “received salvation.”

http://www.bebaptized.org/whatdoesitmean.htm

And:

Punishment – Being saved means I no longer face eternal punishment but am saved from the wrath of God (Romans 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 5:9).

Protection – Being saved means that in Christ we have protection from the attacks of the enemy Satan. God has provided spiritual armor for the battle (Ephesians 6:10-18).

http://www.rapturenotes.com/whatisbeingsaved.html

Sorry the link and wrap buttons aren’t working for me and also had to post quick because I keep getting logged completely out and off the net!

imo
I had thought she may have used "saved" in the religious sense as she may have baptized MS at some point. But he was only 6, and in some Christian denomonations baptism doesn't even occur until later. But she may have talked to MS about her religious beliefs and felt somehow she had saved him. If the second part was "He" then it may mean God/Jesus.

I had thought she may have used "saved" in the religious sense as she may have baptized MS at some point. But he was only 6, and in some Christian denomonations baptism doesn't even occur until later. But she may have talked to MS about her religious beliefs and felt somehow she had saved him. If the second part was "He" then it may mean God/Jesus.

Baptized? Really? Isn't MS Jewish?

MS and JS were Jewish. I read in a Jewish paper that RZ was converting to Judaism for them (which would really blow the zealot Christian theory out of the water) but I can't find the article now. Perhaps they pulled it because it wasn't accurate? Or perhaps my search engine functions stink. :)

This article identifies her as Jewish:

http://yourjewishnews.com/8769.aspx

To be honest, I don't buy any of the interpretations that involve this being a suicide note. They don't make sense. I've seen 2 intepretations of the "she saved him" part:

1. "Him" meaning Max. Sorry, I don't buy it. She may or may not have successfully performed CPR on him but the child was still lying in an ICU with machines controlling his body functions. That in itself is certainly not saving him. Secondly, she allegedly decided to commit suicide after JS informed her Max wouldn't survive. In that case, she definitely did not save him. So which is it? She was so upset that he was going to die that she wrote a suicide note saying she saved the child who is dying? That doesn't make sense.

2. "Him" meaning Jonah. I don't mean to speak down of Rebecca as I don't know her at all but Jonah is a high powered, wealthy, influential millionaire in a mansion. I don't see how his girlfriend could save him figuratively. I don't see how anyone would save him. I also don't believe that his actions and statements over the past few weeks point to a man who believed this woman saved him.

As for the second part of the sentence, for me it does differ on the wording. Either way I think if we are to believe LE's version of events, Rebecca knew no one would be able to save her. Seems strange to use your last words to state something that she had to know wasn't possible. And in the third person, no less.

IMO this is a stereotypical taunting message from a killer.

Baptized? Really? Isn't MS Jewish?
Yes, but Rebecca's family have said that she was very religious in her Christian faith. How did she reconcile that with JS and children being Jewish? I worked with a woman whose daughter's in-laws had taken their grandson and had him baptized behind her back.

Yes, but Rebecca's family have said that she was very religious in her Christian faith. How did she reconcile that with JS and children being Jewish? I worked with a woman whose daughter's in-laws had taken their grandson and had him baptized behind her back.

RN was only a girlfriend, not a wife. I really don't envision her trying to do anything like that, because of consequences.

To be honest, I don't buy any of the interpretations that involve this being a suicide note. They don't make sense. I've seen 2 intepretations of the "she saved him" part:

1. "Him" meaning Max. Sorry, I don't buy it. She may or may not have successfully performed CPR on him but the child was still lying in an ICU with machines controlling his body functions. That in itself is certainly not saving him. Secondly, she allegedly decided to commit suicide after JS informed her Max wouldn't survive. In that case, she definitely did not save him. So which is it? She was so upset that he was going to die that she wrote a suicide note saying she saved the child who is dying? That doesn't make sense.

2. "Him" meaning Jonah. I don't mean to speak down of Rebecca as I don't know her at all but Jonah is a high powered, wealthy, influential millionaire in a mansion. I don't see how his girlfriend could save him figuratively. I don't see how anyone would save him. I also don't believe that his actions and statements over the past few weeks point to a man who believed this woman saved him.

Agree with you on both points. If she got a message saying MS was not going to make it, writing She saved him meaning She (RN) saved him (MS) makes no sense because he was not going to make it and she supposedly knew it. And unless she gave JS a kidney (which she didn't) I don't understand why she would write "she saved him" meaning she (RN) saved him (JS).

If you think it's a murder, what do you think the perp meant by the message?

I think it is either complete nonsense to confuse everyone, or the person the message was meant for is the only one who will understand it.

IMO, in order to determine what the message means, we have to know who the "she", "him", "you" and "her" are.

There are many possibilities given the logical possible choices:
The "she"--RZ,DS,GS,XZ.
The "him"--MS,JS,AS,ES,Ocean.
The "you" RZ,DS,GS,XZ,MS,JS,AS,ES.
The "her"--RZ,DS,GS,XZ.

As an example, we do not know what kind of relationship or contact Rebecca had with AS and perhaps, in the two years that she and JS were together, Rebecca came to AS' defense or some other scenario--maybe even at dinner that night--and that could be interpreted as her "saving him" from something. So by hanging her in plain sight of the guest house--the message taunts AS to ask "can you save her?"

Someone knows what the message means. LE did not comment on whether or not anyone in the Shacknai family understood it. Rebecca's family indicated they did not.

I can fathom a lot of different possibilites and I am not sold on any of them at this point, except, my gut tells me that Rebecca did not author the message.

I have a hard time believing that an alleged suicidal Rebecca authored it since the message was written in the third person. It is too similar to messages left at crime scenes rather than suicides.

She could have said the same thing: I saved Maxie can God save me? or I saved Maxie, can Jonah save me?

IMO, if it were written by woman driven to kill herself, she would have been penned a message on paper in her own handwriting.

My personal, hinky meter goes crazy when instead, the message is written in the third person, with paint and a brush (squeezed from the tube to the brush, no less) onto a door.

bbm

Exactly! The wording indicates it was written by someone other than RZ.

Unless there is evidence brought forward that demonstrates RZ had referred to herself in the past in the 3rd person, I will remain unconvinced she is the author of the message on the door.

IMO, the message on the door sounds more like a taunting riddle a murderer would leave @ the scene of a crime, and not at all like the final words of a suicidal woman who would want the circumstances of her last act on Earth to be understood by her loved ones.

Do you all think maybe, if Rebecca did indeed write the message, that the "She saved him" part could be taken this way:

Rebecca let Maxie die to be "saved" by God.

Another way of interpreting it. I am not saying I believe this, just looking at it in a different light after speaking with some involved in this case.

Do you all think maybe, if Rebecca did indeed write the message, that the "She saved him" part could be taken this way:

Another way of interpreting it. I am not saying I believe this, just looking at it in a different light after speaking with some involved in this case.

Max was a child, thus he has not sinned. So why would he need to be saved by God?

Max was a child, thus he has not sinned. So why would he need to be saved by God?

I am not religious and am ignorant of a lot of religions. Do most Christian religions believe this?

I just think the word "saved" is interesting here because it could be interpreted different ways.

Don't some denominations believe you are born with original sin? You have to be baptized in order to get rid of it, I think. Being that he was Jewish, it seems unlikely he was baptized.

I don't think that's what it means, but I can see that POV.

Don't some denominations believe you are born with original sin? You have to be baptized in order to get rid of it, I think. Being that he was Jewish, it seems unlikely he was baptized.

I don't think that's what it means, but I can see that POV.

I don't know much about that, but I fail to understand then why Max' dying would mean he was somehow saved.

I don't know much about that, but I fail to understand then why Max' dying would mean he was somehow saved.

"Saved" from this evil world... "saved" so he could be safe in the arms of God....

Oh my, that's interesting.

I keep wondering how/if state of mind had anything to do with what and how the message was written.

If Rebecca committed suicide it seems unlikely that she was in her right mind. Would she have bothered to get a palette for the paint? There's just so many unanswered questions and different ways of interpreting what we do know... 

I do think that the capital letters and leaving the message on the door is consistent with how she may have killed herself in that it is much more 'in your face' than leaving a note.

I also wonder about where Rebecca kept her painting supplies. Were they out where a murderer would see, or were they tucked away somewhere? I can see a murderer grabbing something that is readily available, but not hunting around for something.

Also, do we know how Rebecca signed her paintings? I wouldn't think signing in all caps is common, but I still would be interested in knowing the answer to that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea