The message on the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here know what day the door was painted over and who directed it to be done?

Supposedly they say for the first ten days or so they suspected homicide.

I call BS on that statement.

If they were considering a killing here, why in heck would they leave her out in the open like that? What would they have done if it was raining?

Oh right. It never rains in southern California.

SDSO seems to have a double standard and no consistent policy about which evidence it retains (RZ's property) and which it returns (JS's property). That became evident early in the investigation and was a primary reason why I began to question the suicide ruling.

I don't get it either.
Why not release image of the message to the public? Seems rather bizarre to me.

Really,this door makes me wonder what the mystery is. If you think about the information that was released - autopsy reports, injury photos, injury reports, AS's 911 call, RZ's naked bound body in the backyard - but they won't release a picture of writing on a door?
If there is nothing to cover up, if this is truly a suicide, why hide the door? What does the door show that needs to be hidden?

Exactly. They let the world view Rebecca naked, bound, gagged and DEAD for over 12 hours. 12 ungodly hours.

They were/are absolutely hiding something.

Who gave the directive the 'writing' be painted over? On what day was the door painted?

It was not crucial to cover Rebecca's nude dead body from the world, but it was crucial to cover the message left on the door.

But here's the thing, leaving her body exposed and painting over the door is not proof of murder like some of you seen to believe.

Ah...but here's the thing...LE said they suspected a murder for the first ten days or so...so why not preserve what evidence Rebecca had on her???

And again...WHEN, WHY and WHO ordered the door painted over? Was it within that ten day frame?

But here's the thing, leaving her body exposed and painting over the door is not proof of murder like some of you seen to believe.

Leaving RZ's body exposed gives me the impression the ME did not rush to the scene because he had better things to do than a suicide of a woman they thought was a child killer.... at the time. So it also leads one to believe SDLE barely considered homicide. Clearly there was no thorough investigation done with regards to homicide, the department was narrowly focused on proving suicide I would say 98% of their focus was on suicide.

I don't believe LE painted over the door. That is just a photoshopped image. Since LE believes it was a suicide they felt it was her last words and should be preserved for only her family to see privately.

However there are some reports the door was given back to JS.

Ah...but here's the thing...LE said they suspected a murder for the first ten days or so...so why not preserve what evidence Rebecca had on her???

And again...WHEN, WHY and WHO ordered the door painted over? Was it within that ten day frame?

What exactly do you want them to do with the door Iam sure they took a few hundred pictures of it from every angle prolly got video of it as well as fingerprinted it , luminoll it maybe after that which could all be done in about 3 hours or less let alone ten days what more would u like them to do with this door. It really doesn't matter what they did with the actuall door as long as they did all those things which would be homicide 101 ..

What exactly do you want them to do with the door Iam sure they took a few hundred pictures of it from every angle prolly got video of it as well as fingerprinted it , luminoll it maybe after that which could all be done in about 3 hours or less let alone ten days what more would u like them to do with this door. It really doesn't matter what they did with the actuall door as long as they did all those things which would be homicide 101 ..

I would agree if the Zahau's or their investigators had a chance to look over the tests and possibly conduct their own before any evidence was destroyed. They did object to the case being closed before the presser even and told San Diego Sheriff's office they did not think this was a suicide. I think they should have kept the entire door, unpainted and protected for some reasonable period of time.

Also, what is the reason the public cannot see a photograph of the door with the message on it? I think that itself is leading people to question, why? It makes it look like they are hiding something because what harm can come from seeing that photo? Going along with this is that San Diego Sheriff's office seems to want to claim privacy concerns when it is convenient since many thing were obviously not respecting of privacy concerns. And, they have closed the case but won't give personal items back? What is up with all that.

I would agree if the Zahau's or their investigators had a chance to look over the tests and possibly conduct their own before any evidence was destroyed. They did object to the case being closed before the presser even and told San Diego Sheriff's office they did not think this was a suicide. I think they should have kept the entire door, unpainted and protected for some reasonable period of time.

Also, what is the reason the public cannot see a photograph of the door with the message on it? I think that itself is leading people to question, why? It makes it look like they are hiding something because what harm can come from seeing that photo? Going along with this is that San Diego Sheriff's office seems to want to claim privacy concerns when it is convenient since many thing were obviously not respecting of privacy concerns. And, they have closed the case but won't give personal items back? What is up with all that.

BBM

The writing on the door is considered a suicide note. Suicide notes are considered personal and are not released to the public. I can't think of any case where a photo of a suicide note was released, can you?

BBM

The writing on the door is considered a suicide note. Suicide notes are considered personal and are not released to the public. I can't think of any case where a photo of a suicide note was released, can you?

I can't remember seeing any suicide note where it was in third person either. Or whatever. I don't think it's a suicide not but we have been over this. I think the key thing here, even though I see your point, is that my bet is the Zahau's think it is ok to release since they told the public what it said. I'm not that hung up on it, although I do think the door is a key piece of evidence.

Time

Releasing the evidence to the familly and to the public are two very different thing's and should be . I would think that if this involved someone close to you that you would not want it all out there for the public to see I know I wouldn't.

Time

Releasing the evidence to the familly and to the public are two very different thing's and should be . I would think that if this involved someone close to you that you would not want it all out there for the public to see I know I wouldn't.

Yeah, but the family told the news what it said. In this case, I believe they wanted them to know precisely because it didn't make any sense it was a suicide not. And, the family said the writing didn't match Rebecca's. You just can't claim anything is a suicide note. Not that LE releases things people have written anyway, but the writing on the door doesn't even appear to be Rebecca's. I believe a murderer wrote it.

Yeah, but the family told the news what it said. In this case, I believe they wanted them to know precisely because it didn't make any sense it was a suicide not. And, the family said the writing didn't match Rebecca's. You just can't claim anything is a suicide note. Not that LE releases things people have written anyway, but the writing on the door doesn't even appear to be Rebecca's. I believe a murderer wrote it.

Writing and painting letters are two different things. A painted note on a door is not going to look like someone's writing, IMO. Sadly, I think Mary Zahau is in a major denial about Rebecca's suicide and doesn't want to believe anything, no matter how much evidence there is, IMO,

BBM

No where have I seen SDSO term the message on the door a "suicide note" including in this news conference.

This is Sheriff's Gore quotes from his news conference question and answer period.

"REPORTER
There's reports from the family -- there was a note -- that she left a suicide note the family is claiming -- the family says does not match her handwriting.

GORE
As Srgt. Nemeth pointed out, that was the painted message on the door, which we’re not going to divulge the contents of.

REPORTER:
But you will say in fact it was a suicide note?

GORE
Well it's difficult to say. It is not a clear suicide note. What's the word I'm looking for? It's a message I guess it's the best you could say."

https://viewer.zoho.com/download?genFile=hdtYj

IMO it is just more BS to hide truths from the truth seekers. It either is a suicide note (particularly since they've ruled it that) or it isn't. And give back Rebecca's evidence too. If this sheriff department wants to appear above board and not committing malfeasance, show some transparency.

No where have I seen SDSO term the message on the door a "suicide note" including in this news conference.

This is Sheriff's Gore quotes from his news conference question and answer period.

"REPORTER
There's reports from the family -- there was a note -- that she left a suicide note the family is claiming -- the family says does not match her handwriting.

GORE
As Srgt. Nemeth pointed out, that was the painted message on the door, which we’re not going to divulge the contents of.

REPORTER:
But you will say in fact it was a suicide note?

GORE
Well it's difficult to say. It is not a clear suicide note. What's the word I'm looking for? It's a message I guess it's the best you could say."

https://viewer.zoho.com/download?genFile=hdtYj

IMO it is just more BS to hide truths from the truth seekers. It either is a suicide note (particularly since they've ruled it that) or it isn't. And give back Rebecca's evidence too. If this sheriff department wants to appear above board and not committing malfeasance, show some transparency.

And it bears repeating, if SDSO was concerned with RZ's and her family's privacy, why did they leave her nude body out in the sun in plain view of the public for several hours?

Writing and painting letters are two different things. A painted note on a door is not going to look like someone's writing, IMO. Sadly, I think Mary Zahau is in a major denial about Rebecca's suicide and doesn't want to believe anything, no matter how much evidence there is, IMO,

BBM. Sadly, perhaps we should add to it that 86% of those on this forum (according to the thread's poll) side with Mary Zahau in thinking that Rebecca did NOT commit suicide - in light of how much evidence has come out to indicate she was probably murdered.

Sorry WebSleuthers, in between a poll on WebSleuths and the SDSO investigation that lasted 7 weeks and included 15 investigators that saw ALL of the actual evidence, I have to go with the SDSO that it was suicide. I see no evidence of any foul play on the part of anyone else, and Rebecca have motive, means, and opportunity. It was really pretty simple and did not take her long to accomplish, IMO.

Posting in all threads.

Okay Everybody - this has been said a hundred times, I'm sure. But I'm giving it one more shot and then I'm just going to issue TOs to EVERYBODY.

Dina is a victim of Max's death. As his mother, she has every right to want his death re-investigated. DO NOT BASH HER. You may talk about her media presence but you cannot keep accusing her of nefarious activity or thoughts - even if it is your opinion. She doesn't warrant that and neither LE or MSM have given any reason to indicate she is suspect in the death of RZ. So... you can talk about her actions, her media presence, and the timeline, but stop the bashing.

RZ is a victim here also. DO NOT BASH HER. You may talk about MSM, LE and timeline information but you cannot keep accusing her of nefarious activity or thoughts - even if it is your opinion. She doesn't warrant that and neither LE or MSM have given any reason to indicate she is suspect in the death of Max.

Both women are victims. Like it or not, that is the way it is and you are expected to post accordingly. If you fail to do so, you will lose posting privileges for a period of time.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member