The Missing Period (.)

Ah, good question, Ivy. Hope you can find us the answer.

Maxi, when FBI is written in the note it is F.B.I.

Even etc has a period after it: etc.

Here you go, LovelyPigeon:

Thomas said Ramsey often used acronyms. A Christmas note to a friend, for example, was signed "P.P.R.B.S.J." -- which he said stood for Patsy Paugh Ramsey, Bachelor of Science in Journalism.

Source

Edited to add this:

From the 4/10/2000 Good Morning America "Transcript of Thomas":

ABC News reporter Elizabeth Vargas: "And in Patsy Ramsey's previous writings there was something more. Thomas notes her penchant for acronyms, like B.V.F.M.F.A., that's Barbara V. Furney, Master of Fine Arts, which she called her friend on her Christmas card. She signed the card P.P.R.B.S.J. Patsy Paul Ramsey, Bachelor of Science and Journalism."

http://www.acandyrose.com/04102000gma.htm

(Btw, am I the only one who thinks the period in (.) looks like a belly button?)
____
IMO

BlueCrab said:
Or it could mean the person who wrote "K.J.L.B" in the APAC domain and the person who wrote "S.B.T.C" in the ransom note are one and the same.

JMO

You could be onto something here. -- Good work, old Blue. First new idea I've seen in two years.

BlueCrab, you don't see any words or punctuation missing? a m is not punctuated, a earlier should be an earlier. You see and don't see what you do and do not want to.

Ivy, that's an example of one time Patsy used initials (I think acronyms actually form a pronouncable word, even if it's a coined word like NATO) in one note to one person.

Are there more examples to justify claiming Patsy was fond of acronyms or that she used them frequently?

LP, according to Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, not all acronyms form pronounceable words. For instance, SVP is an acronym that is not pronounceable, Instead, each letter is spoken.

Actually, what I gave were two examples of Patsy using acronyms. Thomas said Patsy had a penchant for using acronyms, such as the two I quoted, so there must be other examples as well, though maybe not online.
____
IMO

The example given is from one card, so I consider that one instance. One instance = one example. I've never read another example than that one that I can recall. ST used it in his book and in interviews--but only that one.

We've seen several examples of PR's actual notes to different people but none of them contained initials used for an "acronym".

Do you recall that Thomas thought SBTC was an acrostic rather than a acronym?

from ABCNews online chat:
Steve Thomas at 12:08pm ET
You know, we searched high and low, far and wide, and heard everything from "Saved By The Cross" to Ramsey's own suggestion of "Star Base Technical Command," but were never definitively able to attach a source to that acronym. However, an open Bible on Ramsey's desk in the house, NIV version, Psalms 35-36, verses 1-4, contains the acrostic SBTC, backwards.

SBTC could be called either an acrostic or an acronym, unless one is nit-picking, I think. If SBTC stands for "Saved By The Cross," I suppose it would actually be an acrostic. If it stands for South Bay Terrorist Corporation, I suppose it would actually be an acronym. Big deal. What difference does it make?

I've never seen other examples of Patsy using acrostics/acronyms either, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. What's significant about the two examples I posted is that Patsy placed periods between the initials, just like the writer of the RN did.

Btw, yes, one instance, LP, but two examples.

Edit: I looked up acrostic v. acronym. Here's what I found.

"It's easy to confuse the word acrostic with the word acronym. Whereas an acrostic is a series of words or phrases whose first letters form an existing word or other pattern, an acronym is a coined word created as a shorter way to represent a longer phrase."
http://www.12seeds.com/12_Seeds_Acrostic.htm

____
IMO

SBTC could stand for Saginaw Bay Technology Council. Saginaw Bay is not to far away from Charlevoix if I remember correctly. The SBTC once promoted sports and recreational activities for mid-Michigan before they closed down.

http://www.sbtc.match.org/

BrotherMoon said:
BlueCrab, you don't see any words or punctuation missing? a m is not punctuated, a earlier should be an earlier. You see and don't see what you do and do not want to.

I was referring to punctuation or words that were intended to be there but were missing due to the copying machines deleting them from the original note, as suggested by Why Nut. Your examples are mistakes in spelling and grammar, not punctuation or words mechanically deleted by copying machines.

JMO

For the most part, the lines on the lined paper pages aren't seen, either.

I think the period is just placed so close to the bottom of the C that the C and the period connected, which makes the period unseen--at least in the copies we have available to us online.

FWIW, I think the idea of a backwards acrostic from the Psalm is ludicrous.

LovelyPigeon said:
I think the period is just placed so close to the bottom of the C that the C and the period connected, which makes the period unseen--at least in the copies we have available to us online.

LP, I gotta continue to disagree. There's no evidence on my copy of the RN that suggests a period was written at the end of the C but became a part of the C.

JMO

BlueCrab, I can't find the Boulder APAC website you referred to by typing "Asian Pacific American Coalition" into search, or by using the keywords APAC +Boulder, as I used to do. I found a Boulder APAC page using the latter method, but it wasn't the page you referred to in your first post on this thread. Any suggestions?

IMO

Ivy said:
BlueCrab, I can't find the Boulder APAC website you referred to by typing "Asian Pacific American Coalition" into search, or by using the keywords APAC +Boulder, as I used to do. I found a Boulder APAC page using the latter method, but it wasn't the page you referred to in your first post on this thread. Any suggestions?

IMO

My server is Compuserve and they use Google as a search engine. I just typed in Asian Pacific American Coalition, clicked on GO and it was the third listing on the first page.

Then, as a second opinion, I typed in Google and when it popped up I typed in Asian Pacific American Coalition, clicked on GO and it was the seventh listing on the first page.

Try again Ivy. Once you get it, maybe you'll be able to post the URL. I couldn't get it to work, but then again I'm semi-illiterate when it comes to computers.

JMO

K.J.L.B is the designer of the web page and I don't see how that is relevant at all.

Patsy 1995: (Hodges)

NOOD
MCG

Patsy 1996: (PMPT)

ICU
NYC

Miss Kit Letter: (Old file from the Internet)

P.S.

Sample Letter that begins: Today is May 20, 1987...from NE I believe: ACR site.

C.B.I.

There are two types of initials (acronyms, whatever) as well - commonly understood, and 'insider' - Patsy uses both. So does the ransom note. F.B.I. & S.B.T.C)

twilight said:
K.J.L.B is the designer of the web page and I don't see how that is relevant at all.

LP, there is no web page design company that goes by K.J.L.B, nor one that goes by K.J.L.B Groups.

"K.J.L.B Groups" is probably the initials of things that mean something to the APAC members who last updated the website on April 14, 1997. It appears the 29 members ran their own website.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
APAC's connection to the JonBenet case is by way of Nathan Inouye, the teen college student who lived at the Stine's house and was Doug Stine's caregiver while the parents, Glen and Susan Stine, worked at the University. Nathan was a member of APAC.

Doug Stine was Burke Ramsey's best friend, and Nathan was often with the two boys. Nathan continued to live at the Stine's even after the Ramseys and the Paughs moved into the Stine's house and stayed there for five months.
JMO

What we do know is that Nathan was in California over Christmas break 1996 and you have provided ZERO evidence of his being in Boulder on the night of the murder. This is a bogus lead.

DocWatson said:
What we do know is that Nathan was in California over Christmas break 1996 and you have provided ZERO evidence of his being in Boulder on the night of the murder. This is a bogus lead.

DW, all we have is Nathan's word that he was in California over the Christmas break. Please provide credible evidence he was not in Boulder.

Besides, I only said Nathan was the connection between APAC and the Ramseys. If a loose cannon was among that 29-member pro-active politically liberal group at CU he or she would have known all about the Ramseys from Nathan. JonBenet, a privileged white beauty queen who had a high profile in the community (parades, etc.) would be the perfect target to convey a message from a disgruntled ethnic group who perceived their women as being criminally violated and discriminated against.

JMO

BC, when we all were discussing the Boulder chapter of APAC some time ago here at WS, I spent days trying to find out why the group folded a few months after JonBenet died. There were 29 members, and then in April of 1997, the group disbanded. I emailed several university departments asking for information on the group and how to contact APAC spokespersons, and all I would hear back, when I heard anything at all, was that there was no such group in Boulder. Every direction I turned, I met with a dead end. Weird. Have you managed to find out any specific details regarding why the group folded?

Edit: I should add that I strongly doubt that APAC or Nathan were involved in any way in JonBenet's death. One reason is that I am totally convinced that Patsy wrote the note.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back