The Missing Period (.)

Ivy said:
BC, when we all were discussing the Boulder chapter of APAC some time ago here at WS, I spent days trying to find out why the group folded a few months after JonBenet died. There were 29 members, and then in April of 1997, the group disbanded. I emailed several university departments asking for information on the group and how to contact APAC spokespersons, and all I would hear back, when I heard anything at all, was that there was no such group in Boulder. Every direction I turned, I met with a dead end. Weird. Have you managed to find out any specific details regarding why the group folded?

IMO

Yes, I talked to "Student Organization Funding" at CU about a year ago. They didn't give a reason for APAC folding, but they did look up the finances and said the group hadn't been active since early 1997 so the University stopped funding APAC at that time. APAC hasn't been listed in the University's "Club Guide" for years now so, except for APAC's website which is still up, that's likely why there's very little knowledge now of APAC ever having existed at CU and why you had a hard time finding out anything.

JMO

BC, do you know if the BPD interviewed the members before it folded? Or even after?

Btw, as you probably know, there's still a membership roster online.

IMO

BlueCrab said:
Things are slow, so maybe this unusual little lead could be investigated further.

When the person who wrote the ransom note finished writing it he signed off with S.B.T.C

Was it the writer's mistake to leave off the final period? Or did the writer intend to leave it off?

How many people, who use four initials to identify themselves, would put periods after each initial except the last one? It's rather unusual, unless they do it all of the time.

I can't make the link work (maybe one of you can), but please type "Asian Pacific American Coalition" into your search engine and then scroll down and click on the one that says "Asian Pacific American Coalition: Last updated on April 14, 1997 by K.J.L.B Groups", then scroll to the bottom of that page.

Note that K.J.L.B Groups is missing the period after "B", the last letter, just as S.B.T.C is missing the period after "C", the last letter.

Now this missing period all by itself would not be important, except that APAC was a pro-active "group of individuals" at Colorado University and its 29 members could loosely be described as "a small foreign faction". APAC suspiciously shut down shortly after JonBenet was murdered, even though it had been in business for years. The University said the group's financial activity ceased after 1996, although it left its website up but untended. The group had speakers scheduled for its meetings in 1997 but abandoned them too.

APAC's connection to the JonBenet case is by way of Nathan Inouye, the teen college student who lived at the Stine's house and was Doug Stine's caregiver while the parents, Glen and Susan Stine, worked at the University. Nathan was a member of APAC.

Doug Stine was Burke Ramsey's best friend, and Nathan was often with the two boys. Nathan continued to live at the Stine's even after the Ramseys and the Paughs moved into the Stine's house and stayed there for five months.

Can a missing "period" tell us something about the writer? Perhaps. One other thing that "K.J.L.B" and "S.B.T.C" have in common : We don't know what the four initials stand for.

JMO

IMHO the first thing that came to my mind was that the writer didn't have any more "periods" as in female monthly's...get it?

Ivy said:
BC, do you know if the BPD interviewed the members before it folded? Or even after?

Btw, as you probably know, there's still a membership roster online.

IMO

Ivy, I don't know if the BPD was interested in Nathan or in APAC. However, it's apparent to me that Nathan's name and Doug Stine's name was apparently purged from PMPT. PMPT came out immediately after the GJ disbanded in 1999 and, IMO, were forced to change the text when the courts slapped a protective order on the case. Suspiciously, Larry Schiller, the author, admitted he knows a lot more about the case than he can write about. I think PMPT likely came under the court protective order and had to remove information that pointed to children as possibly being involved in the murder.

I'm aware of the leads the APAC website has provided and I have followed up on many of them.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
all we have is Nathan's word that he was in California over the Christmas break.

Where does the information come from that Nathan was in California, and how do we know "Nathan continued to live at the Stine's even after the Ramseys and the Paughs moved into the Stine's house and stayed there for five months."?

And what do we know of Nathan othar than he is appearently now a high school science teacher in CA: http://www.ouhsd.k12.ca.us/sites/achs/achs_informationfac.html

Shylock said:
Where does the information come from that Nathan was in California, and how do we know "Nathan continued to live at the Stine's even after the Ramseys and the Paughs moved into the Stine's house and stayed there for five months."?

One of the posters on WS e-mailed Nathan last year and Nathan e-mailed back saying he was in California during Christmas of 1996. In DOI hb, pg 153, Patsy states that "Nathan, a young CU college student, already lived with the Stines and helped take care of their son, Doug, after school since both Susan and Glen worked at the university"..... "Nine people now lived in a house that had formerly held four."

JMO

BlueCrab said:
One of the posters on WS e-mailed Nathan last year and Nathan e-mailed back saying he was in California during Christmas of 1996. In DOI hb, pg 153, Patsy states that "Nathan, a young CU college student, already lived with the Stines and helped take care of their son, Doug, after school since both Susan and Glen worked at the university"..... "Nine people now lived in a house that had formerly held four." JMO
Were the Stines working during Christmas break, and if so, who watching over Doug if Nathan was in CA.?
One has to wonder why Nathan wasn't thrown under the Ramsey bus.

BlueCrab said:
LP, there is no web page design company that goes by K.J.L.B, nor one that goes by K.J.L.B Groups.

"K.J.L.B Groups" is probably the initials of things that mean something to the APAC members who last updated the website on April 14, 1997. It appears the 29 members ran their own website.

JMO

And you know this is not a web designer - how? I say it is. Prove I'm wrong.

You say 'it appears the 29 members ran their own website.' Why? Are you really that naive? For 1997 that was quite the website.

I say your theory is nonsense. But your 'silly' rhetoric sure makes the entire BDI theory look 'silly' as well.

hmmmmm...fancy that. You're making your own theory look 'silly' by insisting on odd outlandish twists to a simple domestic homicide. Whatever could your motive be?

Shylock said:
Were the Stines working during Christmas break, and if so, who watching over Doug if Nathan was in CA.?
One has to wonder why Nathan wasn't thrown under the Ramsey bus.

One might tend to think neither Susan nor Glen were working during the Christmas break, given that a) it was Christmas break for those who worked at the University as well as students, and b) they were able to attend the party on the 23rd with their son. Since the party was on a Monday, and they were able to attend with Doug, circumstantial evidence would suggest the Stine parents were able to tend to Doug themselves that week, and Nathan would have, therefore, time off from his nanny-like duties to go back to his family in California.

Bluecrab, I have a question for you. If the members, individually or collectively, of APAC were intent on making an example of an individual Caucasian female by killing her and thereby punishing the world for its foul treatment of Asian women, do you think that Nathan might be courting danger himself, given that he married a non-Asian white woman last year?

BC, my step-sister was a member of APAC when she attended a university, and her chapter wasn't out to sock it to the "whites," nor were they extremists in any other way, either. Why do you think the Boulder chapter was a group of hateful radicals? Is there documentation indicating such?

Nehemiah said:
And why his name was omitted from PMPT? After all, he was an adult.
I don't think Thomas mentions his name either, which make me wonder if the BPD even knew this guy existed.

twilight said:
I say your theory is nonsense. But your 'silly' rhetoric sure makes the entire BDI theory look 'silly' as well.

hmmmmm...fancy that. You're making your own theory look 'silly' by insisting on odd outlandish twists to a simple domestic homicide. Whatever could your motive be?

Thank you for that twlight. :clap:

Perhaps if you could focus your high energy and imagination to the only pertinent question you might have something constructive to add BlueCrab.

Btw, that question is who did what between John and Patsy.

Hass anyone ever looked at how someone who learned English as a second language might have left clues?

Of special interest would be signs of Arabic as a first language?

why_nutt said:
Bluecrab, I have a question for you. If the members, individually or collectively, of APAC were intent on making an example of an individual Caucasian female by killing her and thereby punishing the world for its foul treatment of Asian women, do you think that Nathan might be courting danger himself, given that he married a non-Asian white woman last year?

Why Nut, APAC members included non-Asian people. I think Nathan recently got engaged to a girl he met in Jamaica while the two of them were serving in the Peace Corps there from 1999 to 2001. Are you certain they are married?

JMO

Ivy said:
BC, my step-sister was a member of APAC when she attended a university, and her chapter wasn't out to sock it to the "whites," nor were they extremists in any other way, either. Why do you think the Boulder chapter was a group of hateful radicals? Is there documentation indicating such?

Ivy, I didn't say the Boulder chapter of APAC was a group of hateful radicals. But neither were they intent on sponsoring powder-puff football games like some of the other chapters. The Boulder group was pro-active in the political and social injustice arena.

For instance, here's what APAC at CU-sponsored events in the past included:

1995 -- Kip Fulbeck: Delivers the observations and experiences of Asian men in America; attacks media representation of Asian men, international dating patterns, cultural icons, and selling out.

1995 -- Asian American Activism: Grassroots Movements: Speaker Angela Eumjin Oh talks about racism and poor people. Ms Oh is an attorney and also a community activist and advocate for civil rights and human rights causes.

1996 -- Making Waves: Asians in Action: A Colorado performance group, "Here and Now", presents experiences by and about Asian American women.

1996 -- Speaker Peter Kwong talks about the exploitation of illegal labor brought from China.

1997 (planned) Hello (Sex) Kitty: Denise Uyehara is an internationally acclaimed actress, playwright, author, poet, and activist. She performs a one woman performance which exposes issues of sexism and sexual oppression of the Asian American experience. Denise Uyehara discusses and exposes issues of homosexuality and bisexuality pertaining to Asian Americans from the point of view of its women.

Other programs on APAC's agenda for 1997 included "Bringing in professor, author, and activist, Debbie Wey. Debbie Wey will discuss various issues which currently affect the Asian American community, and give suggestions on what steps of action one may take to remedy them."

JMO

twilight said:
You're making your own theory look 'silly' by insisting on odd outlandish twists to a simple domestic homicide. Whatever could your motive be?
Twilight, while I admit that certain aspects of BlueCrab's theory are way out in the wild blue yonder, there are other portions of his/her theory that could indeed be very possible--some of which strictly because at my age I've learned "anything is possible".
One of the big mysteries in this case is why the Stines gave up everything, including their careers, to follow the Ramseys out of Boulder to Atlanta. It wasn't like JR had the means or position to set the Stines up for life because they were such good friends.

Something that's always bugged me is that Susan Stine drove Doug and Burke to (and maybe from) school every day after Burke returned to class, yet she was apparently unafraid that her vehicle would be attacked by the small foreign faction, or whoever it was that killed JonBenet and might now be out to get Burke to hold for ransom because the kidnapping of JonBenet had failed. "Burke Guard" (the mere mention of it makes me roll my eyes) was in place at the school, but Stine and the boys would have been vulnerable to attack enroute.

IMO

IMO none of the staged elements of this crime, including the small foreign faction, can be taken seriously/literally. To look for a real "faction" is to confuse the stageisms with the truth.

But I too am suspicious of the Stines.

Shylock said:
Twilight, while I admit that certain aspects of BlueCrab's theory are way out in the wild blue yonder, there are other portions of his/her theory that could indeed be very possible--some of which strictly because at my age I've learned "anything is possible".
One of the big mysteries in this case is why the Stines gave up everything, including their careers, to follow the Ramseys out of Boulder to Atlanta. It wasn't like JR had the means or position to set the Stines up for life because they were such good friends.

Not only that Shylock - but even stranger yet is the fact that John Ramsey did not even consider the Stines close friends of theirs!! (His deposition) And yet there is this immediate "bond" after the murder. Why?

What I find very curious about the Stines is that:
* They were the LAST people known to see the Ramseys before the
murder. And in spite of that fact:
* They were NOT called over to the house the next morning.
* The Ramseys MOVED IN with them for 4 months.
* The Stines dropped everything and picked up and moved across the
country to be with the Ramseys. Glenn Stine had a prestigious career
in Boulder. Why leave it all??

What is their relationship now I wonder?
I think there is definitely something FISHY about it all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back