The Murder Weapon

Interesting.

BTW, how did they determine that the edge was wrapped under the chin, considering that it wasn't physically attached to the face when it was found?

The mandible was kept in place by it. The mandible is attached by muscle and ligaments only, in life. When all those soft tissues decompose,the mandible will drop away from the skull -unless of course you are Caylee, where the tape secured it in its anatomical position..

I dont think the tape was in any particular position when found...months of weathering, scorching sun, water rising, flowing, animals pulling/tugging...I can see where that would be hard for a juror to say for certain that is was a murder weapon. it is possible (not likely) that that mass of tape started out someplace totally different! all of the movement may have placed it in its found position. it is a possibility, and reasonable doubt

If you want to read Dr Garavaglia et al report on Caylee's post mortem it describes the location of the tapes in detail, as found at her remains site.
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/06/19/6440.6475.pdf

IIRC, there were 4 total duct tape strips found, each 6-9 inches in length, 3 strips found with the skull, stuck to head hair, and 1 strip away from the skull, stuck to fine hairs possibly consistent with wrists, and with red fibers possibly consistent with Caylee's shirt.

:banghead:

are you positive? i watched every day of the trial and perhaps i was on trial overload but i am almost POSITIVE only two were stuck together. i'm going to search but if you have any documentation i'd like to see it.

She could have "broken her neck" too. Bones were all scattered so no way to tell this. She might have did this: Chloroform to put her to sleep.
Quick neck break. Death occurs. Now, after a day or two she goes to move her and body fluids leaking out of nose and mouth. Duct tape applied to stop that. JMO

ETA: Duct tape under the chin up to ears would keep the jaw from slacking.

I think the heart sticker has to be left out at this point. The "residue" disappeared and the sticker they found was attached to something else. The wooded lot is very close to a school...hundreds of kids with stickers..Plus it would have to be a heart sticker of EPIC proportions to keep decomp fluid from spill out.

I'm still having trouble reconciling the tape. IIRC, RK didn't mention duct tape when he saw and picked up the skull with his meter reader stick. He didn't mention it the second time either. Once the flood of Faye came around and the wooded lot became a swamp that tape could have come off the bag or something else and got stuck to the skull.

I don't remember if in his transcripts he mentioned the tape, but in court, without a doubt he did mention seeing the tape with the skull. Sorry I can't say exactly when, but if someone else does not remember him saying the skull hate tape on it, then I could go look at those tapes again, I am positive he said it.

my theory:
One thing that I wonder about is about the smell… I heard someone say that the smell permeates everything it comes in contact with… I’m wondering why no one could smell it on casey or her clothes after she drove around in the car for those few days?

I deleted the rest of your post, I do agree with it just saving space.

Casey turned up at an old friends, sorry can't think of his name but his mother had just bought a walking machine, I am sure she asked to use the shower, at the time he had mentioned she didn't look dirty or in need of one, the smell may not have started then.
She also was still staying at Tony's after the 16th to the 30th, she had tons of time to shower. When she dumped the car it had the smell, she went back with him to his place, that was 3 days before he left for NY and 11 days after we think Caylee died.
On the 30 she stayed at Ricardo's she washed clothes there, so Amy stated in her transcripts.

are you positive? i watched every day of the trial and perhaps i was on trial overload but i am almost POSITIVE only two were stuck together. i'm going to search but if you have any documentation i'd like to see it.

There were 3 on the face and the fourth lose 6 feet from the body.
If you want to go to that video on page 2 that a member kindly posted, around 2/3 through that video it describes the action of placing those 3 pieces on the face, they were found still stuck together and still stuck to the hair.

To the person who wanted to know how they knew the tape was slightly under the chin, Mr Ashton described how a small piece of the tape showed how it curved under the chin slightly

The piece that was 6 feet from the body, was not the same brand and not the same shape you mostly see it on videos and not with those 3 Heinkel pieces , all of those 3 pieces on the face were 6-7 inches long.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back