The Pontiac - "Revisted" #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just speculation here but could it be possible that when they called, they hadn't opened the trunk yet?

That has crossed my mind many times. I have wondered if George did find the baby and being in LE before decided to "take care of it" instead of letting Cindy or his son know to protect Casey.

I can't get a grip yet on his and Casey's relationship. It appears she had a love/hate relationship with her mother, sort of a one up type, but there has been very little said about hers and her father's relationship.

I thought when Cindy called in to 911 originally she stated the car had been stolen. If it was for Casey's use why did she call and say the car was stolen?

cindy was just trying to get the police out there, IMO.

IF baby caylee is gone from this world, i believe George found her that day on the 24th and helped casey cover up what he could. The most he would get is improper disposal of a body. IMO, George then told her to dtich the car at the earliest convenience. Hence why a little bit of truth seeped out when she calle Tony and said "pick me up, my dad said he'll take care of the car"

IF baby caylee is gone from this world, i believe George found her that day on the 24th and helped casey cover up what he could. The most he would get is improper disposal of a body. IMO, George then told her to dtich the car at the earliest convenience. Hence why a little bit of truth seeped out when she calle Tony and said "pick me up, my dad said he'll take care of the car"

I am a little confused. Didn't the wrecker service tow the car and then notify the grandparents? If the baby's body was in the car, didn't they smell anything? Has anything been said about LE interviewing the wrecker company employees?

Are you saying when they got the car back, he found the baby's body? I have wondered about that because he said once over the gas cans, he had the key and would get them himself. What day was that when he "found" the gas cans? I am mixed up on the timeline here.

Was the car towed on the 20th or the 30th from Amscot?

Is it really true that she did not have a valid driver's license? Sorry, posted this last question before reading more.

Very hard to believe she didn't have a driver's license. However, if she was of age, even with a learner's permit, she could still get into bars, etc. Or she could also just have a state ID.

The car was towed from Amscot on June 20th.

Was the car towed on the 20th or the 30th from Amscot?

Is it really true that she did not have a valid driver's license? Sorry, posted this last question before reading more.

Very hard to believe she didn't have a driver's license. However, if she was of age, even with a learner's permit, she could still get into bars, etc. Or she could also just have a state ID.

Im wondering if her license had been pulled for x amount of time because of her "seizure".. I think ER Doctors HAVE to report any seizures to the DMV... and then depending on the state, a license would be yanked until whatever time period had lapsed seizure free. Im not 100% sure, but here in VA, I think one must be at least 1 year seizure free in order to even apply for regaining their license.

I am a little confused. Didn't the wrecker service tow the car and then notify the grandparents? If the baby's body was in the car, didn't they smell anything? Has anything been said about LE interviewing the wrecker company employees?

Are you saying when they got the car back, he found the baby's body? I have wondered about that because he said once over the gas cans, he had the key and would get them himself. What day was that when he "found" the gas cans? I am mixed up on the timeline here.

George claims casey showed up on the 24th of june. He went into the car to get the wedge he needed so that he could rotate cindy's car tires and found the gas cans. IMO, i think he also found caylee, not alive and helped his daughter cover it up. Telling her to ditch the car asap, so she does in the Amscot parking lot.

I'm not sure the events of June 24th even happened. All we have is George's word on it. In the very beginning of this case, when the grandparents were interviewed for the first time, they said they hadn't seen Casey or Caylee since June 9th, and that was later revised to June 15th when it became known that the video of Caylee reading was taken on June 15th - Father's Day. There was never any mention that either Cindy or George had seen Casey until July 15th, when Cindy found her and brought her home.

George made a police report on June 24th that someone had broken into his shed and stole two gas cans. This was never mentioned until after police came about two weeks ago and searched the shed and took the two gas cans, which George had found and put back in the shed.

It becomes an issue of WHEN George found the gas cans in the car and put them back in the shed. If he found the gas cans on July 15th when he drove the car home from the impound yard, George could be charged with tampering with evidence. At some point he took the gas cans out of the car and put them back in the shed, without telling police that he had recovered the gas cans that he had reported stolen.

After the police come and searched the shed and took the two gas cans, George suddenly remembered that Casey had come by on June 24th a few hours after he had made that police report. If that really happened, as he says it did, why didn't he call the police and tell them he had recovered the two gas cans? All he had to say was that his daughter took them and he didn't want to press charges.

I thought it was the 27th? George said Casey came home in the car on the 24th, so she would have still had the car on the 20th.

My mistake.........a typo. It was the 30th. I hit the two instead of the three. But it was the 30th. The car was abandoned on June 27th according to some reports.

The poor gas cans had no idea what they were getting themselves into when they jumped in casey's hands and forced her to take them into her..ahem her parent's...car :doh:

I did notice that George hadn't said that he knew who took the gas cans until the Greta interview. He always maintained this "i don't know" attitude. Then there was the "oh we know who took them, they returned them and it has nothing to do with this case" THEN comes the Greta interview and im sure lots of people were sitting there dumbfounded if they even realized what he just said. Took him long enough to conjur up that story though huh? Unfortunately, we will probably NEVER know the truth about the gas cans.

My mistake.........a typo. It was the 30th. I hit the two instead of the three. But it was the 30th. The car was abandoned on June 27th according to some reports.

Thank you for clarifying.

Was it confirmed by LE that the carseat was found in the Pontiac? Or was it not there? I had thought it was in there when the Pontiac was found, although there are conflicting media reports.

Can anyone lead me as to where to find the info for this? Thank you.

Ok..kinda "bumping" this thread up a little here. Not sure if anyone cares, but a couple of questions were asked that I might be able to answer. Used to work in car insurance.

1) As far as I know when registering a car you don't have to list who the driver is. The car just has to be insured. So if the LE ran the plates they wouldn't know who the driver was, they would just know that at the time it was not reported stolen and who the registered owner is. The insurance company would not have been notified that the car was impounded. So no one would have known if Casey had a operator's license and it lapsed.

IMHO: I tend to believe she just had a learner's permit. I didn't get my operator's license until I was in my mid 20's :p I was still able to go to clubs, buy liquor, etc. I had a state issued ID, with picture. Still have to go to DMV here in Tx to do that, though.

2) The thing about the seizure. I have never heard of a doctor or hospital alerting motor vehicles when someone has a seizure. I would think that HIPAA laws would come into place, and I used to work with about 45 different states for car insurance..I can't recall ONE person ever calling me and saying, "My license was suspended because the doctor/hospital advised motor vehicles and my license has been lapsed/suspended". People would have called to try to get listed as a non operator and save money. At least I would think so. I would have them call and say "I've turned in my license and want to be shown as a non operator..why should I pay premium for something I can't do?". Also we would run motor vehicle reports at least once a year on our insureds. License suspensions do come up, as well as the reason why.

Hope this answers a couple of questions. :)

Ok..kinda "bumping" this thread up a little here. Not sure if anyone cares, but a couple of questions were asked that I might be able to answer. Used to work in car insurance.

1) As far as I know when registering a car you don't have to list who the driver is. The car just has to be insured. So if the LE ran the plates they wouldn't know who the driver was, they would just know that at the time it was not reported stolen and who the registered owner is. The insurance company would not have been notified that the car was impounded. So no one would have known if Casey had a operator's license and it lapsed.

IMHO: I tend to believe she just had a learner's permit. I didn't get my operator's license until I was in my mid 20's :p I was still able to go to clubs, buy liquor, etc. I had a state issued ID, with picture. Still have to go to DMV here in Tx to do that, though.

2) The thing about the seizure. I have never heard of a doctor or hospital alerting motor vehicles when someone has a seizure. I would think that HIPAA laws would come into place, and I used to work with about 45 different states for car insurance..I can't recall ONE person ever calling me and saying, "My license was suspended because the doctor/hospital advised motor vehicles and my license has been lapsed/suspended". People would have called to try to get listed as a non operator and save money. At least I would think so. I would have them call and say "I've turned in my license and want to be shown as a non operator..why should I pay premium for something I can't do?". Also we would run motor vehicle reports at least once a year on our insureds. License suspensions do come up, as well as the reason why.

Hope this answers a couple of questions. :)
Couple comments for you and I can only base this on California.
Learner's permits are only required for people that are under 18. I think in FL this is the same. So it doesn't add up that she would have a learner's permit imo, she is too old. unless it was issued when she was between 14 and 17 (depending on state law) and even then it would have surely expired.

The hospitals here in Cali are required to notify the DMV when someone presents with a seizure, but not sure about FL. My sons license was suspended for one of his seizures almost immediately because he went to the ER.

Looks like it is optional for drivers over 18 to get a permit. So she very well could have had one:

If you are 18 years or older, you are not required to retain a learners license but you still must complete the required course and tests before going in for a behind-the-wheel driving test
http://www.dmvflorida.org/drivers-license.shtml

OR

First Time Driver

Anyone getting their first drivers license in Florida must take the required DATA course and DMV Test. This applies to adults and teens alike. If you are over 18 you would do the following to get your first drivers license:

• Complete the first time driver course (DATA)
  • Complete the DMV test - at this point you can get your learner permit if desired
  • Take the Behind the Wheel driving test at your local DMV
  • Get your Operators License
http://www.dmvflorida.org/learners-permit.shtml

I think you have to go a full yr down here with no seizures before you can reapply for your drivers license.

Also....if you only have a learners permit, you can only drive with another licensed driver in the car. You can apply for your learners
permit when you are 15. At least, that is how it was back in my day. You have to take a driving course before you can apply for your
drivers license.

From FL DMV

Seizures

If you're applying for a driver's license and indicate you either suffer from epilepsy or have experienced a seizure within the past 24 months, you'll be sent a medical review form. Take the form to your doctor, who must complete it and mail it to the state.

The medical review board will examine the report. Normally, if you've been under regular doctor's care and have been without seizures for at least six months, the board will approve your application.

If you're issued a favorable ruling, you can be granted a license after passing the routine driver's license tests. However, the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has the final say on if you receive a license.

If you're granted a license without alerting the state about your seizures or medical condition, you risk having your license revoked at a later date.

Periodic medical testing will be required to keep your driver's license. Ask the Division of Driver Licenses for specific information regarding testing and your particular situation.

Should you be a currently licensed driver and experience a seizure for the first time, report the episode immediately to the DDL. You'll be instructed by the agency as to what to do next.

http://www.dmv.org/fl-florida/medical-considerations.php#Seizures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member