The Responsibilities of the University and Threat Assessment

Thank you for the link.

some people think that this JH's school dropping out is just regular and students do that a lot and that this exam is just an ordinary exam.

This is a Neuroscience Phd Program. They are studying on science and the brain and cure and Mental Illnesses. JH is presenting a MicroRNA Biomakers and if anyone search for it, it is a cure for cancer and Billion dollar Pharmacies are on top of this and they believe this is going to be huge in the future.

These graduates could make millions of dollars. This is not an ordinary school, class or exam. Everything here matters. I am not giving an excuse for JH but i could have understand that a failure on this great education is gonna be hard to accept specially for someone who cant find a job other than Mcdonalds. IMO

He didn't invent these microRNA biomakers. He read the literature and was making a presentation-there is no indication that any of these students are on their way to make millions of dollars. Anybody in graduate school should be capable of reading articles and making a presentation.

And I really think the university dropped the ball.

ME TOO!

Was just thinking about how the uni is in a Catch 22. First, they wanted to explain how the program wasn't complicit, and we heard all about how failing this exam would not stop students from continuing. There was remediation and all kinds of solutions, and he could have stayed and retested. It was all HIS idea to drop out, they claimed. Now, they want to say, "We identified him. We knew he was off... It was reported to the BETA team..." Blah, blah. Which is it??

(I can't imagine that after that the end of first year oral exam with professors grilling you is one you a) would want to repeat and b) honestly would be encouraged to do so. I think it is a gate, set up to weed out students. JMO)

He didn't invent these microRNA biomakers. He read the literature and was making a presentation-there is no indication that any of these students are on their way to make millions of dollars. Anybody in graduate school should be capable of reading articles and making a presentation.

I didnt say he invented it. :what:

If JH pursue on his PhD program on MicroRNA Biomakers, he can make lots of money out of it, but you cannot pursue that unless you make your own presentation and learn more about it.....

What's your point anyways? all my point is this is not a regular course or study , failing this is going to hard to accept since it it will offer a lot of benefits than just working at Mcdonalds....

IMO

Was just thinking about how the uni is in a Catch 22. First, they wanted to explain how the program wasn't complicit, and we heard all about how failing this exam would not stop students from continuing. There was remediation and all kinds of solutions, and he could have stayed and retested. It was all HIS idea to drop out, they claimed. Now, they want to say, "We identified him. We knew he was off... It was reported to the BETA team..." Blah, blah. Which is it??

(I can't imagine that after that the end of first year oral exam with professors grilling you is one you a) would want to repeat and b) honestly would be encouraged to do so. I think it is a gate, set up to weed out students. JMO)

No information came out to indicate that he didn't drop out voluntarily.
Beta team was going to evaluate him, not force him to drop out.

I didnt say he invented it. :what:

If JH pursue on his PhD program on MicroRNA Biomakers, he can make lots of money out of it, but you cannot pursue that unless you make your own presentation and learn more about it.....

What's your point anyways? all my point is this is not a regular course or study , failing this is going to hard to accept since it it will offer a lot of benefits than just working at Mcdonalds....

IMO

My point is, that most graduate students do not end up making millions upon graduation. The neuroscience program is one of many. And not something unique. And a lot of things beat working at McDonalds.

another problem is he is on a scholarship grant. As my understanding, those people on scholarship has to maintain a high grade and If he failed this - it is over.

huge issues involved here that go beyond what what anyone would expect a university to be doing. In the penn state example, who would expect a university to cover up chidren being raped? Who would expect a university to cover up their degree of involvement with a student who goes on to be a mass murderer? We would expect that the damage was sufficvient that whatever happened originally, would be fully disclosed to establish rules and procedures to prevent it from happening again. That was discussed and should have been the result of columbine. ( a few miles up the road)

instead what was learned? How to divert the potential danger to react elsewhere besides the school and that is the end of things? Report him to police will cause the opposite? Silence is best?

When fenton contacted several team members, the danger was already deemed significant imo.

The internal procedure leading to dropping out, evidence of employing an alternate process to minimize risk to school.

The university should bite the bullet now and drop damage control. Penn state got what it deserved more for the coverup than the initial crimes. The end results here if this process of protecting those involved continues and is eventually proven could be/should be far greater than penn. Risk criminal charges.. For a few isolated individuals now, or a complete shut down of the university if forced to disclose and uncovered later.
awesome post!

The killer was imperfect, but maybe policy and the manifestation of it providing the right intervention was also flawed. Who knows. We're all here to discuss it. I've been learning from everyone.

but if you will think about it, the words are jh could be potentially a danger to others from the mouth of a psychiatrist....on her career and expertise and have direct contact with jh and have access to his medical records as a patient, she will not simply say he is potentially a dangers to others without having some valid points or evaluations leading her to say that. Imo..

But this is just really my opinion...
t r a i n i n g !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITA.
it's gonna be a High Profile case so high profile lawyers will be lining up to represent her just to join the show.... ..Free Advertising :)

perhaps she needs to dial Gloria Allred's number now? :)

Noooooooooooo :thud:

Yes, about the phone calls. I know that steering away from putting confidential information in e-mails is sometimes smart, but with the phone calls that Dr. Fenton made to certain BETA team members in early June, documentation of the calls' content will be lacking, I expect. Phone records will show calls between certain phone numbers were made on certain days at certain times, but as to precisely what was said....
Trust me doc documented EVERY SINGLE word in quotes she said to everyone on BETA team (probably included when she sighed!!) Every syllable!!

My point is, that most graduate students do not end up making millions upon graduation. The neuroscience program is one of many. And not something unique. And a lot of things beat working at McDonalds.

Yes they all dont make millions right away but this can have the potential to make millions if they discover a drug to cure cancers...

and i said they "could" make millions.... you know the word - COULD.

The killer was imperfect, but maybe policy and the manifestation of it providing the right intervention was also flawed. Who knows. We're all here to discuss it. I've been learning from everyone.

ITA....
Learning is good!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member