The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just the"Did you say too much"part I was wondering about, rather than requesting cliff notes for the whole trial.That was the bit that put the biggest doubt in my mind but if his wife did say that then surely it would implicate her too.
Yes it came up, yes LT admitted it probably sounded weird. She says she only meant that he talks too much in general, not that he gave away their secret plot to kill their kid.
Depending on which side you landed on the fence was how you felt about her answer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My point was if you look at the photos gitiana payed in the link there appears to be many different size choices..it was not uniform. So I would take away that the exact place he is at would not be necessarily subjected to a plaque/marker only situation.

I understand your thinking, I think Leanna is a victim though. A victim of her own willful blindness, stupidity, and probably many more things too. I think though, that she deserves the benefit of doubt. It pains me to see so many who have never lost a child judging how someone should react. People think they know how they would react but they really do not know. There is nothing more surreal, and excruciatingly painful than losing a child. The only way you could know that is to lose a child and I wouldnt wish that on any of you just so you could understand.

Lol

This particular guy looked a lot like RH. And he wanted to be a CO. Let's just say after his performance my guess is he will be a mall parking lot security guy forever.

When I see RH in my head I call him baby huey...it's from a cartoon I watched as a kid. Big ridiculous cartoon character in a diaper and bonnet.

I thought he looked and acted like Fred Flintstone LOL and I remember Baby Huey lol

Yes it came up, yes LT admitted it probably sounded weird. She says she only meant that he talks too much in general, not that he gave away their secret plot to kill their kid.
Depending on which side you landed on the fence was how you felt about her answer.

Thanks. That would make me more inclined to think he was guilty... and question why she wasn't charged too.

I understand your thinking, I think Leanna is a victim though. A victim of her own willful blindness, stupidity, and probably many more things too. I think though, that she deserves the benefit of doubt. It pains me to see so many who have never lost a child judging how someone should react. People think they know how they would react but they really do not know. There is nothing more surreal, and excruciatingly painful than losing a child. The only way you could know that is to lose a child and I wouldnt wish that on any of you just so you could understand.

very good post, thank you

My point was if you look at the photos gitiana payed in the link there appears to be many different size choices..it was not uniform. So I would take away that the exact place he is at would not be necessarily subjected to a plaque/marker only situation.

have you seen the headstones that have a portrait in color somehow melted into the stone is the only way I can describe them . I saw one that was for husband and wife. He passed as a young man and her pic was already next to his also taken when she was young. I thought what a great idea I want people to see me when I was 25 not 85 lol assuming I live that long, wonder how pricey those are ?

Oh and I do want " I Told You I Was Sick" on my headstone so someone please let my hubby know

I understand your thinking, I think Leanna is a victim though. A victim of her own willful blindness, stupidity, and probably many more things too. I think though, that she deserves the benefit of doubt. It pains me to see so many who have never lost a child judging how someone should react. People think they know how they would react but they really do not know. There is nothing more surreal, and excruciatingly painful than losing a child.
I'm only stating what her attorney told us. That there was no marker because it was a financial issue. That's all the information we are handed. Tex researched and said for $65 she could have gotten a rather nice child one. I pointed out the charity she has received from a few different sources. I question why she can't work but she can date.
I'm not sure that I or anyone else needs to lose a child to understand.

Thanks. That would make me more inclined to think he was guilty... and question why she wasn't charged too.
He is guilty. He was convicted beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury.
She's not a suspect because there is no evidence linking her. You can't convict someone without evidence.

She's not a suspect because there is no evidence linking her. You can't convict someone without evidence.

I know. I was just following on from my previous post where I'd said I'd only been able to see the start of the trial and "From what I saw I wouldn't have been able to 100% find him guilty ."

hahaha, there's an article today " what does a day in the life of Ross Harris look like right now"....

Until he's sentenced to state prison, he'll stay in the Cobb County Jail, which creates a challenge for the Sheriff. "Because he's a high profile inmate, because he's accused of and now convicted of intentionally killing a child," Holloway said.

Harris is not in solitary confinement, but a spokesman for the jail said he's being watched closely day and night.

Harris is allowed recreation time outside, and eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner with the other inmates.

Harris does have commissary and visitation privileges, but that could change after he's sentenced.

"Inmates might go to one prison. Serious, violent felons would go to another," Holloway said. "Other prisoners are sent to more minimum security places."

He will be evaluated at Jackson State Prison after sentencing to determine where he ends up.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/what-does-a-day-in-the-life-of-ross-harris-look-like-right-now/353338597
We can take bets on the new mug shot..smiling, not smiling etc...

It always feels so weird when a trial ends. I come to WS and feel kind of lost now :(

This was my first in-depth following of a trial and I too am feeling lost. I assumed at the start that I'd never want to hear the name "Ross Harris" again once the verdict came through but it seems the opposite has occurred. I am now planning to re-visit this trial from the beginning and re-build it in my mind, brick-by brick. I went from being skeptical of guilt to negligence to malice murder in the course of the trial and I am curious to see if I come to same conclusion at the same points as I did previously. I missed portions of the trial due to real life getting in the way (damn you, real life!) and want to take everything in on a slower schedule this time around.

I also want to get a handle of my feelings towards LH as those feelings have vacillated wildly (particularly of late). She is even more of an enigma than RH, IMO and I feel like I need to take a step back and start from scratch with her as well.

Getting in my time machine now, here we go...

I agree there's no way to walk in her shoes. The only reason LH has been being discussed again is: her testimony, her comment after the trial and the statement her lawyer issued stating she wanted to get a marker for her sons grave.

I'm only stating what her attorney told us. That there was no marker because it was a financial issue. That's all the information we are handed. Tex researched and said for $65 she could have gotten a rather nice child one. I pointed out the charity she has received from a few different sources. I question why she can't work but she can date.
I'm not sure that I or anyone else needs to lose a child to understand.

I agree with you completely except in one regard. To me comparing continuing working (going from PT to FT) and entering a new relationship is like comparing apples and oranges. In my experience they require different skill sets and parts of me. Even when I worked as a statistician which was very clinical in nature I found it very draining and when I was in a depressive state I had to take a leave of absence. If people are in a state of depression it can influence their ability to concentrate and perform their jobs. After losing Cooper she might have had issues with this. While she was potentially struggling through that it's possible that she met someone in church, through a friend, or something that offered her support and was the only ray of light in her life. I'm not judging her for wanting companionship and support. She probably lost a lot of friends and I'm sure a few broke her trust. I'd feel a little more iffy if she was on POF but I can't begrudge her everything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of LT. I find the interview tape shocking. I don't understand not having 2 100% appropriate car seats for Cooper when you have money in savings. I don't understand not following up with the accountability guy at church so you'd know he quit monitoring. I wish she hadn't given RH so many chances and had believed him when he showed his true colors. I really, really wish Cooper had a gravestone. But I have more leeway when it comes to possible employment and her dating life. I can't judge. She has been grieving for over 2 years.

Honestly, if the new guy keeps her from putting money on RH's books then I'm ok with that. [emoji48]

I agree there's no way to walk in her shoes. The only reason LH has been being discussed again is: her testimony, her comment after the trial and the statement her lawyer issued stating she wanted to get a marker for her sons grave.

... as well as her stoic face and gum chomping mouth during the preliminary hearings, and let's not forget her speech at Cooper's funeral and the fact that she was still on the phone talking with RH as she followed Cooper's casket out of the church.

If she wanted out of the spotlight after the verdict it was simple to do. Posting on FB and having an attorney issue a statement (last I checked they do that only with client approval and attorneys don't work for free)tells me that she actually doesn't want it.
She didn't set up a cooper Harris memorial scholarship, she didn't join forces with a group of similar peers that lost children to hot car deaths or even start her own. She typed out a FB posting blaming society.
We speak of her because she sought it out. If you don't feed the public, they go find another source for their interests...another case, trial etc. imo her atty is setting her up for sympathy dollars. 2.5 years is a very long time to be not working. She moved to an all new area, has an entirely new life. Her degree is sought after for employers and has flexible schedule etc....I don't see it any other way.

Is she still not working? I thought that she had a brief period of unemployment. If she's been consistently unemployed since Cooper's demise then I can't justify that. At a point having a purpose and going back into the workforce is healthy mentally. Perhaps that's where there has been a disconnect with me and other posters that are typically like-minded.

I hate to say it, but I thought the same.
"my life is ruined" (her words in court), my child is dead by the hand of my husband, I not able to work a job-BUT I will find me a new man to get on with my life.
I just don't understand putting getting a new boyfriend ahead of so much in life. I would need to get myself to a good place, if possible, before moving into a new relationship. But's that just me. I have never felt I couldn't live without a man.
But I have a wonderful man, so maybe I can't understand others.
All MOO, sorry really OT

I know what you guys mean, but the boyfriend could have been someone she knew previously. Or maybe she just needed distraction and support. I don't fault her for dating when she's not ready to work yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling a little dense here - did Leanna testify that she is still unemployed? I don't remember hearing from her or her lawyer that she isn't working. Can someone give a source?

I didnt see any evidence that he actually intended to forget his child. I saw a lot of inneundo and speculation based on him having a severe sex addiction. The jury held a lot of weight to the fact he used his left hand to both open his car door and toss in the bag of light bulbs? really ? and that makes him guilty? Sorry I just didnt see any smoking gun evidence and I was waiting for it

Im ready to start speculating about the state of Georgia and their criminal justice system. From what im reading they cannot afford the prisons they have, they have busted so many people and alot of them for non violent crimes. The sentence is 10 years mandatory for some of the crimes. They need to stop and think about how their state is going to pay for this. If I were a Georgia resident I would be very concerned about where my tax dollar is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean