The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got this LH profile pegged. Perhaps they always thought crowd fund raising would be part of the aftermath.

Always admired your no nonsense approach to telling it like it is, jdj. You state the obvious compounded with common sense. I hope to be involved in another case with you in the future.

Awwww thanks!! I'm like a tumbleweed now...jumping around...papini has me intrigued currently....but marcotte is starting to move again, Lunsford I think will plea to give up the body and waiting on carver. I'm patiently waiting for the savopoulous trial.

Where you hanging?

I youtubed Georgia prisons and found many videos about the conditions of their prisons. One video said Georgia had closed 7 prisons in 5 years which caused much overcrowding and increased violence. They had a hunger strike several years ago. wow I would not want to be Ross.If he did it on purpose he deserves everything thats comming to him but if he really did just forget which is hard to believe I know, it will be a shame and maybe an unfair sentence.

700 kids have died in cars in this country since 1998 like Leanna said, it does happen

Oh goodness lots of drugs booze and cell phones in Georgia prisons, 46 guards busted for it lol Ross can get him a phone and he will feel right at home lol

[video=youtube;XDChHbACt_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDChHbACt_Q[/video]

I was watching 60 days in a while ago and they had a civilian go in and he got scared so he started paying for protection with commissary and his meals...that's pretty much how I picture RH in there.

I was watching 60 days in a while ago and they had a civilian go in and he got scared so he started paying for protection with commissary and his meals...that's pretty much how I picture RH in there.

well at least he wont mind paying in other ways too lol oh gross just gross lol

I was thinking about what rules I would set for him if he ever does see the light of day LOL
1. no cell phones with internet, he can just have the kind the elderly use with big buttons and no other services lol
2. no automobiles ever again, only public transportation or maybe a Vespa that way he cant forget a living being ever again.
3. limited use or even no use of the internet at all ever again. I lived without the net till 1991, so can he since it played a big part in the death of his child
4. I would suggest he never marry again and maybe even consider a vasectomy, I would not want to see him fathering another child after what he did, whether it was intentional or not

Might as well stay in prison Ross this list may be more than you can obide by lol

are we sure the insurance company paid out ? I do know for a fact after working for lawyers 22 years that many insurance companies love love LOVE to get out of paying claims. If they had a clause in the policy that said they will not pay out if the deceased was murdered then, well there ya go she gets nothing. I am not sure if any proceeds were ever disbursed. If someone knows otherwise please advise but I bet they never paid out or at the very least they held off till the verdict., Just saying, ( I hate insurance compaines, I think you should goughe them every chance you get , they are the devil)

Q. Are there any limitations to the Grow-Up[emoji768] Plan policy?
If the Insured dies by suicide within two years from the Issue Date (one year in ND), the only amount payable by Gerber Life will be the premiums paid for the policy less any debt against the policy.

The plan will pay out either at the maturity date or upon the death of the policyholder, making it something of a term policy with a guaranteed payout. Gerber promises a payout of between $10,000 and $150,000, as long as premiums are paid. The amount of the payout depends on how much the parent decides to pay each month. Gerber states that the premiums will be invested carefully with low risk, this allows them to guarantee the policy payout.

In addition, life insurance is generally intended to cover things like lost income and debts when the insured passes away. Those things aren’t necessary upon the death of a child. Certainly the insurance payout can help to pay for final expenses and allow the family some time to grieve by covering lost wages. However, there are other ways to get that kind of coverage – such as a rider on a family life insurance policy – this option will cost less and provide more coverage overall. In general, juvenile life might not be the best use of your life insurance dollar

This type of claim generally requires forms and other documentation, which can take a while to have processed. Gerber does promise to make the claims process as smooth as possible, and since life insurance claims are never filed under pleasant circumstances, that’s something any insurer should provide.

*******That all said, my best guess is that LT would indeed receive the payout as next of kin with RH now found guilty. I would also guess she could have received the benefits as soon as she was cleared of any implication.

I will say researching this was very sad and creepy and the plans aren't a great deal. They have a lot of complaints. I think anyone using them should probably just add kids onto their own insurance if they deem such a thing necessary. I've never understood the reason a parent would do this but that's just me.

I think that's a wonderful sentiment.

On one side, the snarky cynical side, I don't want any donation made because even if the donation is made to the cemetery it is inadvertently putting money in LH's pocket because she gets to keep any money she might have paid. That's assuming all negative things are true and that she's making a play for money.

The empathetic side of me realizes that my snarky, nasty reaction isn't so nice and that LT has been through a lot. Granted, I have mental health issues to begin with but if I were in her shoes this would have brought me to my knees and behind closed doors she probably reached new lows. Cooper's mom shouldn't be an impediment to his gravestone.

Then I try to find the realist in me (capable of doing so after years of therapy) and in this moment I think that the answer is probably somewhere in the middle. As NCTeacher pointed out life probably was hard and employment (may have been?) sporadic. As far as I know legal obligations (like leases) and car notes don't end with RH'S arrest but his breadwinning salary does. Immediately.

I don't know why there is no headstone. I'm hoping she was wanting to see how the trial resolved to determine how prominently RH should be mentioned on the gravestone (for example, may now omit, "Cherished son of JRH"). Her attorney's statement rubbed me the wrong way. I won't attribute the words to LT until I hear her say them. I've heard too many lawyers, especially ones that are friendly with their clients, take the liberty of speaking FOR them and at times doing more harm than good. My sides are still debating. I may contribute a small sum to the cemetery for either Cooper's gravestone or for a gravestone for another child who's family may not be able to afford it.

I understand your feelings.

But I do question why finding a job would be so hard if she had the wherewithal to get a boyfriend so quickly. Serious enough, no less, to relocate for him.

Seems to me if you have the mental and physical ability to go out and date, work should probably be ok as well ;)

From the looks of things RH would rather endure daily jail house beatings than to part with his weekly rations of twinkies & instant pudding. :D

hahaha, there's an article today " what does a day in the life of Ross Harris look like right now"....

Until he's sentenced to state prison, he'll stay in the Cobb County Jail, which creates a challenge for the Sheriff. "Because he's a high profile inmate, because he's accused of and now convicted of intentionally killing a child," Holloway said.

Harris is not in solitary confinement, but a spokesman for the jail said he's being watched closely day and night.

Harris is allowed recreation time outside, and eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner with the other inmates.

Harris does have commissary and visitation privileges, but that could change after he's sentenced.

"Inmates might go to one prison. Serious, violent felons would go to another," Holloway said. "Other prisoners are sent to more minimum security places."

He will be evaluated at Jackson State Prison after sentencing to determine where he ends up.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/what-does-a-day-in-the-life-of-ross-harris-look-like-right-now/353338597

It always feels so weird when a trial ends. I come to WS and feel kind of lost now :(

From the looks of things RH would rather endure daily jail house beatings than to part with his weekly rations of twinkies & instant pudding. :D
Lol

This particular guy looked a lot like RH. And he wanted to be a CO. Let's just say after his performance my guess is he will be a mall parking lot security guy forever.

When I see RH in my head I call him baby huey...it's from a cartoon I watched as a kid. Big ridiculous cartoon character in a diaper and bonnet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm really disturbed about the grave stone, as many of you are. Is it possible that LH just believes that he's not in there anymore, he's in heaven, its only where his shell is? I've heard people say that, wondering if it's an aspect to her specific religion. Is she Baptist? I don't know, I just hate the thought of him continuing to be neglected.

I agree. My son is not in that grave, but his remains are. I tend to the space as a remembrance to him, but I don't go there to visit him or talk to him. I have asked God in a prayer to relay something to him when I feel the need. But I don't know if he does that, it still makes me feel better. I am Baptist.

It always feels so weird when a trial ends. I come to WS and feel kind of lost now :(
Is like being completely displaced without a home...

Sad. We need a trial....

I understand your feelings.

But I do question why finding a job would be so hard if she had the wherewithal to get a boyfriend so quickly. Serious enough, no less, to relocate for him.

Seems to me if you have the mental and physical ability to go out and date, work should probably be ok as well ;)

I hate to say it, but I thought the same.
"my life is ruined" (her words in court), my child is dead by the hand of my husband, I not able to work a job-BUT I will find me a new man to get on with my life.
I just don't understand putting getting a new boyfriend ahead of so much in life. I would need to get myself to a good place, if possible, before moving into a new relationship. But's that just me. I have never felt I couldn't live without a man.
But I have a wonderful man, so maybe I can't understand others.
All MOO, sorry really OT

I only got to watch the start of the trial. From what I saw I wouldn't have been able to 100% find him guilty as I think there was a chance that he was that distracted by his phone and the sexting that he did just forget to drop Cooper off... BUT the one thing that did really make me doubt it was an accident was his wife apparently asking him"Did you say too much?" when he'd been arrested. Did that come up in the trial? If so , how was it explained away? What else could it possibly mean?

How any father could do this to his child, is just beyond my comprehension. That there are people so evil and self serving, that the life of their child means so little to them is mind boggling.

Killing of any human being is the biggest wrong, but a child at that?

I hope both the parents can live with themselves. IMO.

In this case if you look at the gravesite link quoted in this thread you will see in the distance different types and sizes of markers, it doesn't seem to have a set requirement. She could have put anything it appears.

This is not necessarily true. I know that when a family member of mine was buried we were given the choice of two different areas in the cemetary. We chose the newer area so we would have the option of buying more plots in the future. Unfortunately that meant the new area had different rules for the headstones but the old area was grandfathered.

I only got to watch the start of the trial. From what I saw I wouldn't have been able to 100% find him guilty as I think there was a chance that he was that distracted by his phone and the sexting that he did just forget to drop Cooper off... BUT the one thing that did really make me doubt it was an accident was his wife apparently asking him"Did you say too much?" when he'd been arrested. Did that come up in the trial? If so , how was it explained away? What else could it possibly mean?
Best if you just go take some time and watch the trial. It's long and involved to try to give you the cliff notes

This is not necessarily true. I know that when a family member of mine was buried we were given the choice of two different areas in the cemetary. We chose the newer area so we would have the option of buying more plots in the future. Unfortunately that meant the new area had different rules for the headstones but the old area was grandfathered.
My point was if you look at the photos gitiana payed in the link there appears to be many different size choices..it was not uniform. So I would take away that the exact place he is at would not be necessarily subjected to a plaque/marker only situation.

Best if you just go take some time and watch the trial. It's long and involved to try to give you the cliff notes

It was just the"Did you say too much"part I was wondering about, rather than requesting cliff notes for the whole trial.That was the bit that put the biggest doubt in my mind but if his wife did say that then surely it would implicate her too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean