The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back and forth on this. I'm positive LH loved her child, in the way that she could. Heck, I'm sure there are MUCH better parents in the world than what I'm capable of, but I love my kids with everything that I have. I'm not demonstrative in my affection. I punch my (24 yr old) son in the arm more than I hug him. That's just how we show affection, we wrestle. Admittedly, I have to wax my upper lip every two weeks because apparently, I have a ton of testosterone ;)

On the flip side of that, I can't put aside this weird "flippant" feeling that I get when seeing how Cooper's death has been handled by his family. Lets not continue CPR and someone else can do it, let's not see Cooper one last time, let's just have another kid, let's just not openly grieve, lets not show up for a single day of court, let's just neglect to give him a headstone. It baffles me. Just like RH's defense, you can explain some things, but when you have to explain EVERY thing, there's a problem.

For the record, if this had happened to one of my children (as unemotional as I project myself) I would be absolutely, horrendously gutted. And if I didn't have money for a headstone, I would sell my own plasma, take out a loan, get a 2nd job, beg or borrow to have a memoriam for my child - and you'd have to pull me off of the dirt on most days.

You wouldn't have to ask me if I wanted to see my child one last time, or my husband. I would have demanded to see my child immediately.

J.M.O.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Great Post! Totally agree.

Something is just off. It began for me when I saw reports about her daycare pickup.

It is very disturbing. There is some conflicting information depending on what news or reports we look at. This one is concerning here

"On Thursday, Gray told jurors she found it strange when she saw Taylor show up at Little Apron that afternoon.
“Well, that’s weird, that’s Cooper’s mom,” Gray testified, recalling her thoughts.

“What are you doing here?” Gray said she asked Taylor. “Cooper’s not here.”"

So why was it weird? Did she not normally come to pick him up? And if so then what made her come that particular day?

It gets worse...

"According to telephone records, Harris called the phone in Gray’s room at Little Apron and had a six-minute conversation.

But Gray insisted repeatedly that she never received any such call that day."

So who was he talking to? Did he get voice mail and fake that he was talking to someone when he was with LE at the car?

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/coope...care-worker-testifies/NXef1TbLNac6tJYLwh1HkK/

And of course we have the infamous report that says this

" when Leanna Harris realized Cooper hadn’t been dropped off at daycare, she told employees at the daycare facility, “Ross must have left him in the car.” In spite of employees listing other reasons why Cooper wasn’t at daycare, Leanna insisted her husband left their son in the car. She and Justin took turns dropping Cooper off at daycare."

http://heavy.com/news/2014/07/leanna-justin-ross-harris-cooper-baby-left-in-car/

Whether we believe that or not then we have the eulogy which is very concerning.

"Am I angry with God? No. This is part of His plan for Ross and I. Is this our purpose? I don’t know. I’m still waiting on the Lord to reveal that to me."

Purpose? Plan? Would that be to go on tour around the country and get speaking fees ? Was that some kind of pre conceived Purpose or Plan?

And then finally, to your point, here we see a strange addition about having more children already during the actual eulogy. His poor soul is not even rested yet and talking about more kids.

"Ross is and was and will be, if we have more children, a wonderful father."

Its all very concerning.

Great Post! Totally agree.

Something is just off. It began for me when I saw reports about her daycare pickup.

It is very disturbing. There is some conflicting information depending on what news or reports we look at. This one is concerning here

"On Thursday, Gray told jurors she found it strange when she saw Taylor show up at Little Apron that afternoon.
“Well, that’s weird, that’s Cooper’s mom,” Gray testified, recalling her thoughts.

“What are you doing here?” Gray said she asked Taylor. “Cooper’s not here.”"

So why was it weird? Did she not normally come to pick him up? And if so then what made her come that particular day?

It gets worse...

"According to telephone records, Harris called the phone in Gray’s room at Little Apron and had a six-minute conversation.

But Gray insisted repeatedly that she never received any such call that day."

So who was he talking to? Did he get voice mail and fake that he was talking to someone when he was with LE at the car?

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/coope...care-worker-testifies/NXef1TbLNac6tJYLwh1HkK/

And of course we have the infamous report that says this

" when Leanna Harris realized Cooper hadn’t been dropped off at daycare, she told employees at the daycare facility, “Ross must have left him in the car.” In spite of employees listing other reasons why Cooper wasn’t at daycare, Leanna insisted her husband left their son in the car. She and Justin took turns dropping Cooper off at daycare."

http://heavy.com/news/2014/07/leanna-justin-ross-harris-cooper-baby-left-in-car/

Whether we believe that or not then we have the eulogy which is very concerning.

"Am I angry with God? No. This is part of His plan for Ross and I. Is this our purpose? I don’t know. I’m still waiting on the Lord to reveal that to me."

Purpose? Plan? Would that be to go on tour around the country and get speaking fees ? Was that some kind of pre conceived Purpose or Plan?

And then finally, to your point, here we see a strange addition about having more children already during the actual eulogy. His poor soul is not even rested yet and talking about more kids.

"Ross is and was and will be, if we have more children, a wonderful father."

Its all very concerning.

It was weird because the teacher knew cooper wasn't at Day care, so she didn't understand why LT was there to pick up. It wasn't in response to how often LT picked up.

I went back and forth on this. I'm positive LH loved her child, in the way that she could. Heck, I'm sure there are MUCH better parents in the world than what I'm capable of, but I love my kids with everything that I have. I'm not demonstrative in my affection. I punch my (24 yr old) son in the arm more than I hug him. That's just how we show affection, we wrestle. Admittedly, I have to wax my upper lip every two weeks because apparently, I have a ton of testosterone ;)

On the flip side of that, I can't put aside this weird "flippant" feeling that I get when seeing how Cooper's death has been handled by his family. Lets not continue CPR and someone else can do it, let's not see Cooper one last time, let's just have another kid, let's just not openly grieve, lets not show up for a single day of court, let's just neglect to give him a headstone. It baffles me. Just like RH's defense, you can explain some things, but when you have to explain EVERY thing, there's a problem.

For the record, if this had happened to one of my children (as unemotional as I project myself) I would be absolutely, horrendously gutted. And if I didn't have money for a headstone, I would sell my own plasma, take out a loan, get a 2nd job, beg or borrow to have a memoriam for my child - and you'd have to pull me off of the dirt on most days.

You wouldn't have to ask me if I wanted to see my child one last time, or my husband. I would have demanded to see my child immediately.

J.M.O.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Well said, EquallyDivided!

June 18, 2014

RH parked his car where people can easily see Cooper, dead or alive. He took a chance - people won't discover Cooper while alive.

He waited all morning for someone to discover his dead baby. But nothing.

His friends wanted to go lunch with him. RH said no- He wanted to stay in the building for that special emergency announcement looking for the owner of Hyundai.

Friends insisted on lunch. RH reluctantly went - you pick me up, I will go.

Bought light bulbs so he can check out his car upon return from lunch. When he returned he saw the car was intact. No windows broken. Nothing out of ordinary. No one found Cooper yet. He awkwadly threw the HD bag inside, stopped a bit when a man walked by, psyched himself up to perform a freaked-out father act.

He got bored. He sexted. He texted LH 'when are you picking up my buddy'.

Time to 'discover' after all day waiting.

He got in his car, closed the door, within 3 seconds he drove off. He 'discovered' Cooper. Called the daycare to alert them to alert Leanna that she won't find Cooper there to pick up, and to make her stay there when she gets there because police will show up at the daycare(interrogation video).

I guess his original plan was to send a LEO to daycare. He had some weird ideas cooked up in his head.. Dumb.. He was supposed to grieve.

I have a Kia Spectra and it only has a keyhole on driver's door.

I was told by a policeman not long ago when I locked my keys in the car that they aren't allowed to jimmy open doors anymore because of insurance purposes and because the cars made today can get their electronics messed up. I don't know if it's true, it just what one policeman told me!
Oh yes it made my alarm go off for a few minutes actually! 😂 I was literally driving like I stole it! So embarrassing driving with your alarm going off lololol so yes it can mess it up. We believe that's why when the back window was busted out, it messed up the key system. All had to be replaced. Again another alarm going off for a LONG time. I really don't like the way the new cars are set up now. Does yours have a keyhole in the trunk? Mine doesn't. My car is a Rogue. And my daughter's is a Pacifica.
So heads up to everyone! It is good to know ahead of time where your key hole is. I am also assuming that you have a key inside of your key fob too?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Looks like he is 3 hours from me. I have friends who drive to Alabama just to get Milo's burgers and fries! I should plan a road trip...
That would be so awesome! Maybe we should call ahead and see what is allowed?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

June 18, 2014

RH parked his car where people can easily see Cooper, dead or alive. He took a chance - people won't discover Cooper while alive.

He waited all morning for someone to discover his dead baby. But nothing.

His friends wanted to go lunch with him. RH said no- He wanted to stay in the building for that special emergency announcement looking for the owner of Hyundai.

Friends insisted on lunch. RH reluctantly went - you pick me up, I will go.

Bought light bulbs so he can check out his car upon return from lunch. When he returned he saw the car was intact. No windows broken. Nothing out of ordinary. No one found Cooper yet. He awkwadly threw the HD bag inside, stopped a bit when a man walked by, psyched himself up to perform a freaked-out father act.

He got bored. He sexted. He texted LH 'when are you picking up my buddy'.

Time to 'discover' after all day waiting.

He got in his car, closed the door, within 3 seconds he drove off. He 'discovered' Cooper. Called the daycare to alert them to alert Leanna that she won't find Cooper there to pick up, and to make her stay there when she gets there because police will show up at the daycare(interrogation video).

I guess his original plan was to send a LEO to daycare. He had some weird ideas cooked up in his head.. Dumb.. He was supposed to grieve.

As much as anybody could ever get inside Ross's head.. This scenario rings true to me because of and especially because of how he responded to his son's death!!

It appears to me that Ross Harris lacks the ability to have empathy or true personal connections with anybody...It could very well be diagnosed with in-depth Psych testings...But IF they were done..it never came into evidence. But his actions and demeanour surely exhibited his nature.. able to act according to normal for appearances..yet his brain just wasn't wired to the "Feelings" necessary to have empathy nor feel love for anything outside of his "Bubble" of personal needs agenda! Sadly, Cooper was a necessary evil in Ross's mind until he decided he had to remove it to free him of responsibilities that he represented! :gaah:

the cemetery my child is buried in only allows bronze plaques affixed to a certain color granite (no joke). The plaque and granite stone (approx. 1' x 3') cost $700 and the cemetery charged $300 to install it.
As crazy as all that seems, you're in a daze, you just pay the money and somehow it all happens.
IF she doesn't have the money, I can't believe between both sets of grandparents, sibling, cousins, friends, etc they can't scrap up the money. GMAFB

This literally made me cry. I feel like I "know" all of you so well after the last few weeks of this trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey y'all! I had put myself on a self timeout from this case because it was giving me insomnia, and when I could fall asleep, nightmares. I have an almost four year old daughter, I live in Texas. Many times the car is too hot to get in right away if parked in the sun. It just makes me sick to think about what Cooper went through. It's not fair. Millions and millions of parents never forget their child, it's inexcusable, and while there may be true circumstances where someone could forget a child under their care, it happens so rarely I find it hard to actually believe. And I can't get past that. I am so glad to see he was found guilty. And gravemarker or not, I will never forget sweet little Cooper.

P.S. I'm so glad that Diamond didn't take the stand. I find what he is peddling to be a crock. And I'm not here to be incendiary, but the millions of tired, distracted parents who manage not to leave their child to sweat to death in a car for hours and hours far outweigh the statistically minuscule few who do. If it was as simple as he claims, this would be such a common occurance it would be on the news daily.

Hey y'all! I had put myself on a self timeout from this case because it was giving me insomnia, and when I could fall asleep, nightmares. I have an almost four year old daughter, I live in Texas. Many times the car is too hot to get in right away if parked in the sun. It just makes me sick to think about what Cooper went through. It's not fair. Millions and millions of parents never forget their child, it's inexcusable, and while there may be true circumstances where someone could forget a child under their care, it happens so rarely I find it hard to actually believe. And I can't get past that. I am so glad to see he was found guilty. And gravemarker or not, I will never forget sweet little Cooper.

P.S. I'm so glad that Diamond didn't take the stand. I find what he is peddling to be a crock. And I'm not here to be incendiary, but the millions of tired, distracted parents who manage not to leave their child to sweat to death in a car for hours and hours far outweigh the statistically minuscule few who do. If it was as simple as he claims, this would be such a common occurance it would be on the news daily.

I agree this case was so disturbing. Hard to even bring myself to a place where I think about what he went through.

I haven't been as invested emotionally in a case since Jennifer ramsaran. There have been others I've followed very very closely from beginning to end (healthier Elvis, Christina Morris, baby Lisa) , but that one and this one affected me greatly.

Now with Sherri panini (I know
That's not her name I'm sorry my phone corrects and I don't know the actual name any longer) I feel myself being sucked in once again. We need a happy ending around here :(

I work in Brunswick. If I can get the time off, I am going

How far is Brunswick from Cobb County? > ( as that's where the sentencing will take place) Dec 5th, 130Pm! I would love to attend myself..however..far to far for me..so default to live streaming :facepalm:

I agree this case was so disturbing. Hard to even bring myself to a place where I think about what he went through.

I haven't been as invested emotionally in a case since Jennifer ramsaran. There have been others I've followed very very closely from beginning to end (healthier Elvis, Christina Morris, baby Lisa) , but that one and this one affected me greatly.

Now with Sherri panini (I know
That's not her name I'm sorry my phone corrects and I don't know the actual name any longer) I feel myself being sucked in once again. We need a happy ending around here :(

Lol...p a p i n i

If I don't type it like that it becomes a sandwich :)

How far is Brunswick from Cobb County? > ( as that's where the sentencing will take place) Dec 5th, 130Pm! I would love to attend myself..however..far to far for me..so default to live streaming :facepalm:
Five hours-my son is@GaTech. If I can get Monday off,I'd go up that previous weekend,and come home Monday night

Five hours-my son is@GaTech. If I can get Monday off,I'd go up that previous weekend,and come home Monday night

IF you can get there..Pls keep me in your thoughts..because my heart will be there wanting to hear what justice for "COOPER" will prevail..TYIA :drumroll: Hope you keep me updated :loveyou:

I'm really disturbed about the grave stone, as many of you are. Is it possible that LH just believes that he's not in there anymore, he's in heaven, its only where his shell is? I've heard people say that, wondering if it's an aspect to her specific religion. Is she Baptist? I don't know, I just hate the thought of him continuing to be neglected.

I'm really disturbed about the grave stone, as many of you are. Is it possible that LH just believes that he's not in there anymore, he's in heaven, its only where his shell is? I've heard people say that, wondering if it's an aspect to her specific religion. Is she Baptist? I don't know, I just hate the thought of him continuing to be neglected.

No. why have your atty bring it up to the world. Why not ignore and go on with life. She is looking for more money.

No. why have your atty bring it up to the world. Why not ignore and go on with life. She is looking for more money.

Exactly.

I had a close relative that passed and the cemetary also had certain restrictions about grave markers. They wanted it to be bronze and match all the others which was fine except the cost did seem rather high. If I remember it was about 800-1000 just for the bronze plaque marker part. We did what most people do. We made sure to get one.

The kicker for us was the dates that get engraved on a special small plate that gets inserted into it. They wanted a large fee for that too. Nobody was doing it for some time so we finally decided to go up there and I etched the size with a pencil and paper and went to hardware store and cut my own plate and had it engraved at the mall. It ended up costing about 1/20th the price. LOL

We keep wondering whenevver we visit if the cemetary is going to spot it wasnt from them and take it out. :)

I can almost undertand why they have restrictions because some people would have things very different and would clash with others so I do understand them wanting a general theme to the place.

Nobody wants to see polka dotted orange headstones or anything LOL :)

Exactly.

I had a close relative that passed and the cemetary also had certain restrictions about grave markers. They wanted it to be bronze and match all the others which was fine except the cost did seem rather high. If I remember it was about 800-1000 just for the bronze plaque marker part. We did what most people do. We made sure to get one.

The kicker for us was the dates that get engraved on a special small plate that gets inserted into it. They wanted a large fee for that too. Nobody was doing it for some time so we finally decided to go up there and I etched the size with a pencil and paper and went to hardware store and cut my own plate and had it engraved at the mall. It ended up costing about 1/20th the price. LOL

We keep wondering whenevver we visit if the cemetary is going to spot it wasnt from them and take it out. :)

I can almost undertand why they have restrictions because some people would have things very different and would clash with others so I do understand them wanting a general theme to the place.

Nobody wants to see polka dotted orange headstones or anything LOL :)

In this case if you look at the gravesite link quoted in this thread you will see in the distance different types and sizes of markers, it doesn't seem to have a set requirement. She could have put anything it appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal