The spokeswoman for Casey Anthony's defense team has resigned.

Baez's initial spokesman used an alias of "Todd Black."

Reporters were denied face-to-face interviews with "Black," who often ranted about news coverage in faxes sent to media outlets.

The company associated with "Todd Black," called Press Corps Media, eventually confirmed one of the people who called himself "Todd Black" was Gil Cabot.

Cabot was sentenced to five years in a California prison in 1990 after he was convicted of attempting to extort television journalist Jann Carl.

The JB team keeps good company huh?

I think Lyon is staging a slow-motion coup. When she came on board, she indicated that Baez was still in charge even though she was officially the lead attorney. Since then, she's slowly been taking charge.

When Baez informed everybody he was centering is defense arguments around the phrase "whoever smelt it...dealt it", the other players in his group knew the show was over.

When Baez informed everybody he was centering is defense arguments around the phrase "whoever smelt it...dealt it", the other players in his group knew the show was over.

Yep, and it's a losing hand.

WFTV says it won’t retract report that the defense team called ‘this fabrication’

Casey Anthony's defense team wants a retraction from WFTV-Channel 9.

The station says no way.

Jose Baez's spokeswoman said WFTV's Kathi Belich was wrong when she reported this week that Baez "faxed copies of his motion for a change of venue to some reporters before he ever filed it with the
court."

Baez spokeswoman Marti Mackenzie fired off an e-mail to the station: "Please retract this fabrication that you reported.
Let us know when you plan to retract your report."

"We're not going to retract it," WFTV news director Bob Jordan told me. "Faxed or handed. Makes no difference how it was transmitted. What matters is that it was transmitted to reporters."

Read the rest:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...t-that-defense-team-called-a-fabrication.html

Wait...what is that I see running out of KC's jail cell? Could it be rats abandoning?

This gal made a smart decision.

The spokeswoman for Casey Anthony's defense team has resigned.

Marti Mackenzie, who has spoken on behalf of defense attorney Jose Baez since February 2009, announced Tuesday she quit.

All media inquiries about Casey Anthony's defense are now to be directed to Liz Brown at the DePaul University College of Law Legal Clinic, where defense attorney Andrea Lyon works.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...jose-baez-spokeswoman-20100216,0,967834.story

They just can't keep good help, can they?

Mmmm - maybe Ms MacKenzie wanted to get paid and didn't. They wouldn't have to pay Liz Brown would they if she works at the University. Probably has some kind of r&d death penalty grant or something,
Not a bad move if that's the case, although she won't appreciate dealing with the general public as opposed to the rather polite academic world.:waitasec:

Sounds to me like AL is putting all of her usual people in place. Bet TM, if replaced, will also be replaced with someone that AL has worked with before.

JB - figurehead

AL - running the show behind the scenes - pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain.

Is this like the Wizard of Oz? I loved that movie!:banghead:

Another One Bites The Dust

The Anthony Defense Kicks ...

another-one-bites-the-dust-queen-demotivational-poster-1262676494.jpg

Wow.........what are we all talking about????? Marti leaving, Todd leaving, COV, Liz from DePaul.........

What are we NOT talking about?????
Secret meeting requested by SA.............

Pardon me while I try not to choke from the smoke billowing around this case.

I think Lyon is staging a slow-motion coup. When she came on board, she indicated that Baez was still in charge even though she was officially the lead attorney. Since then, she's slowly been taking charge.

I think you're right, but wonder why now? Things must be getting a lot more serious for the defense and made it necessary for her to step to the front ... JMO

Wow.........what are we all talking about????? Marti leaving, Todd leaving, COV, Liz from DePaul.........

What are we NOT talking about?????
Secret meeting requested by SA.............

Pardon me while I try not to choke from the smoke billowing around this case.

Ditto! There may be some serious trouble heading Baez's way ??? One can hope !:dance:

Maybe it is a new twist? Rather than a COV for the trial maybe they are going for a COV for the Defense team? Relocation to Chicago so AL does not have to travel and well ..... JB is just a figurehead after all (if his head survives till May 2011).

Hmmm, maybe there's no cash in the coffers or maybe, just maybe - Marti anticipates being jobless soon?

I think the money train has come to a halt, and AL has realized she has to do more than just ask the jury at sentencing to save Casey's life. Or maybe Baez finally swallowed his ego and asked AL for help. Or it could be slow coup, as suggested earlier. It definitely seems like the defense is cleaning house. Watch out Baez! It might be your butt getting kicked out of the door next! And now I have a mental image of AL holding a giant broom and trying to figure out who needs to be swept out the door next, lol.

I have to wonder ....... by the way.....I will preface my "THEORY" with the all important, ever popular, much overused..... MOO. (just waiting for cows to unite in order to reclaim their trademarked phrase)....

I suspect that Marti has never been free to speak for JB since AL joined the crazy train. In light of the recent departure of Todd M., the doc dumps, the publicity (both real and created) and the increased "web chatter"......AL chose now to shuffle the deck. She is fond of playing cards close to the vest.....what better way to manage the deck than to do the shuffling yourself.

The new spokesperson has been (IMO) in the "pit" for quite some time. If I had to guess, I would say that Liz / Elizabeth / Beth is WELL versed in the public opinion for this case. I don't think there is any monetary reason for MM stepping down. I just think she served her purpose.

I think you're right, but wonder why now? Things must be getting a lot more serious for the defense and made it necessary for her to step to the front ... JMO

I think that she always had plans to run the show. She is too arrogant not to want to run it.

She will take over slowly but keep JB out in front so she can duck behind him when the "you know what" hits the fan.

I do see some conflicts later between AL and JB though because JB needs this case to seal the deal on his media career and AL needs it to further promote her book and keep her in the "win" column.

KC won't let JB go so we should be able to see some sparks from these 2 regularly. Think JB at the podium, JS recommending he speak with AL, AL stepping forward, and JB ignoring both her and the judge. Bet JB got an earful after that hearing.

Oh.....IMO of course.

I think MM stepped down because she has been there for a year and there really is nothing to talk about. Without anything really new in the case, its time to move on. Al is probably more comfortable with a spokesperson that is close to her.

Ps Not sure why MM would fire off an email to KB if it was JB that provided the documents. IMO

I think MM stepped down because she has been there for a year and there really is nothing to talk about. Without anything really new in the case, its time to move on. Al is probably more comfortable with a spokesperson that is close to her.

Ps Not sure why MM would fire off an email to KB if it was JB that provided the documents. IMO

BBM

Nothing new to talk about???? Are you sure??? I would disagree. I am also certain that those parties close to AL would disagree as well.

Time to move on to..........what????? subjects that AL and team prefer to discuss????

As far as the KB / MM issue....Because KB reported that JB provided media with a copy of a motion BEFORE it was filed with the court. Because MM asked WFTV to retract the "fabrication". Reporter.....spokesperson.......make sense???

Oh....forgot to add. ITA that AL prefers a spokesperson closer to her. ITA. That's why none of this comes as any surprise. I'll check this one off my running list of "pre-emtpive strikes". I'd better get another pencil......there will be many more. I suspect another one just round the corner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back