The spokeswoman for Casey Anthony's defense team has resigned.

I think MM stepped down because she has been there for a year and there really is nothing to talk about. Without anything really new in the case, its time to move on. Al is probably more comfortable with a spokesperson that is close to her.

Ps Not sure why MM would fire off an email to KB if it was JB that provided the documents. IMO

Nothing new? You are kidding - right? We've got new evidence coming up, lots of controversial depositions, new defense attorneys to be hired, daily motions from the defense - the list goes on and on.

I think the money train has come to a halt, and AL has realized she has to do more than just ask the jury at sentencing to save Casey's life. Or maybe Baez finally swallowed his ego and asked AL for help. Or it could be slow coup, as suggested earlier. It definitely seems like the defense is cleaning house. Watch out Baez! It might be your butt getting kicked out of the door next! And now I have a mental image of AL holding a giant broom and trying to figure out who needs to be swept out the door next, lol.

Does anybody else recall at the last hearing AL mentioning the possiblity of KC declaring indigent status because there wasn't going to be enough $$$ to cover all the anticipated costs/expenses. Or did I dream that??? lol I can't remember exactly what prompted her response.

Just seems like everywhere you look, people are dropping like flies.
Sorta gives the connotation that the defense truly doesn't have a leg to stand on, KWIM? :rolleyes:

Or is it only those who have a reputation to protect?

Interesting that MN abruptly resigns immediately after DC searches on Suburban (leading some...<me> to suspect that he discovered his clients may have been involved in some hokey business)...to protect his stellar reputation

And now Marti M abruptly resigns...wonder if she discovered that Team Baez was also involved in some hokey business as speculated by some in reference to same Suburban search (re: ex parte hearing)...to protect HER stellar reputation....

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

I'll bite......BRAD CONWAY (when he learns of Anthonys involvement in DC search)

I'll bite too, but my guess is not a popular one. I think this is going to get so down and dirty M.Lyons will step away from it all, not wanting to be tainted by the backsplash.
I'll bet she's already bought her bus ticket for a quick getaway when the time is right. This woman is a professional who is well respected in her field, even if we don't like her tactics. If half of what we suspect is coming down the pike, she will be going, going, gone.

I think that she always had plans to run the show. She is too arrogant not to want to run it.

She will take over slowly but keep JB out in front so she can duck behind him when the "you know what" hits the fan.

I do see some conflicts later between AL and JB though because JB needs this case to seal the deal on his media career and AL needs it to further promote her book and keep her in the "win" column.

KC won't let JB go so we should be able to see some sparks from these 2 regularly. Think JB at the podium, JS recommending he speak with AL, AL stepping forward, and JB ignoring both her and the judge. Bet JB got an earful after that hearing.

Oh.....IMO of course.

For the most part, I agree with you. At this point, I think Andrea Lyons is stongly motivated by 'damage control' in re. the public perception of the defense team. She is no stupid woman and knows that their case is weak. The public opinion of the defense team is terrible right now - an attorney resigns because he is being reprimanded by a state bar; ridiculous, impulsive proffers to the court that they fail to substantiate; JB's horribly written motions and his equally inept ability to professionaly express himself before Judge Strickland; the questionable way in which the current defense is being funded....and on and on and on. It seems to never end. The last thing they need while defending a death penalty case where there is so much evidence against their client, is for the public to also have no faith in the credibility and integrity of the attorneys defending her. Andrea Lyons knows that. She has no choice but to take the reins and reel JB in.

I think MM stepped down because she has been there for a year and there really is nothing to talk about. Without anything really new in the case, its time to move on. Al is probably more comfortable with a spokesperson that is close to her.

Ps Not sure why MM would fire off an email to KB if it was JB that provided the documents. IMO

NTS, I agree that AL wants a spokesperson that is close to her...but will have to disagree for the reason for MM resignation.

IMO if MM stepped down because there is nothing to talk about then AL wouldn't require a new spokesperson to take her place....n'est-ce pas?

IMO MM resigned or was asked to resign so AL could appoint a spokesperson that is close to her.
:twocents:

I sort of agree Peace - because I know she is waiting for her moment to shine during the death penalty phase.

But I also think she is smart enough to know its hard to shine when you are covered in sh.....er..umm.. mud.

In order to create effective "spin", "story", "persona", "impression", "reputation", "identity", "representation", "image" etc.........one must be in a position to control, manipulate, dictate, guide, create, or produce in order to achieve the desired end result. If AL wants to be the "engineer"...she needs to hire the conductors, ticket takers etc....

I personally think that MM was not in the 'loop'. In JB's scheme she was around to respond and react in a damage control manner but there was no pre-emptive strategy or PR program per se.

I consider that AL is used to and wants to develop a PR program to get out in the media on a regular cycle and humanize KC and level the playing field. AL will use her own close team to do so and so, MM was no longer needed.

Et voila!

Nothing new? You are kidding - right? We've got new evidence coming up, lots of controversial depositions, new defense attorneys to be hired, daily motions from the defense - the list goes on and on.

What new evidence?

NTS, I agree that AL wants a spokesperson that is close to her...but will have to disagree for the reason for MM resignation.

IMO if MM stepped down because there is nothing to talk about then AL wouldn't require a new spokesperson to take her place....n'est-ce pas?

IMO MM resigned or was asked to resign so AL could appoint a spokesperson that is close to her.
:twocents:

I agree that Al wanted someone close to her. I think it was mutual. IMO

But really, How long can someone stay in that position? what is normal? If discovery is done being exchanged, what really is there to talk about other than questionable motions which have nothing to do with premeditated murder.

What new evidence?

Well, we don't know what Dom had to say, do we? And gosh the defense hasn't given up their witness list, so since they can prove Caylee wasn't placed at the dump site, but done while Casey was in jail - that would be new evidence wouldn't it?

But really, How long can someone stay in that position? what is normal? If discovery is done being exchanged, what really is there to talk about other than questionable motions which have nothing to do with premeditated murder.

I may be wrong but I thought a spokesperson was there to reply to questions from outside the defense team regarding anything about the case that may come up.

And I would think that during the trial, there will be lots of things for a spokesperson to chat about. Just IMO of course.

What new evidence??????...............well as far as the legal definition of "evidence".......not too much. BUT.......... in terms of "info" aka "doc dumps".......then.......we have lots to "chit chat" about. I guess this just boils down to "semantics". Do we have lots to talk about?? Oh you betcha!!!! Will it be entered as "evidence"?????? IMO......that is irrelevant at this stage.

I doubt the defense team only discusses "evidence". I'd venture to guess that they discuss lots of things...even those they would consider inculpatory /exculpatory / or part of a story.

Discovery is done being exchanged? :waitasec:
SA asked for a private meeting b/c they have new evidence.
What discovery has the defense provided? Not even a witness list.

Well, we don't know what Dom had to say, do we? And gosh the defense hasn't given up their witness list, so since they can prove Caylee wasn't placed at the dump site, but done while Casey was in jail - that would be new evidence wouldn't it?

I am not sure a witness list is evidence.

As far as Caylee being placed at the dump site after Kc was in jail, I think they have already provided substantial evidence with witnesses that searched the area. Also with pointing the finger at Rk and his inconsistent statements. That may not be substantial enough for some, but it may qualify enough for the Judge. Anything else may fall under Attorney Client privledge.

I think only part of Dc interview was sealed. It may be something simple as an explanation of his Daughters sickness and the Judge agreed it had nothing to do with the case. I don't think Dc has anything new to say, but that is my opinion.

I just feel that MM may have been tired of all of it because there is nothing really new and substantial to talk about. Just speculation on my part. I am sure these spokes people come and go on a regular basis. Sometimes the President changes press secretaries a couple times a term.

I myself was very disapointed with todays doc dump. Didn't really see anything new. I was hoping to see RK's time card and route log. The only thing new that I saw today is that Wesh reported that sources close to the investigation now believe that the duct tape is the murder weapon. Heck thats old...IMO

Discovery is done being exchanged? :waitasec:
SA asked for a private meeting b/c they have new evidence.
What discovery has the defense provided? Not even a witness list.

It is interesting that as the Prosecution develops its information that is a candidate to be used at trial, thus discoverable it gets released on a continual timely basis in batches.

However, the Defense has basically provided nothing to date -- neither anything to support TM's claims, a witness list, nothing!! Nada, Zip, Zilch.

Anyone feel like me that the Defense are going to hold off until the 11.99999999999th hour and dump everything they eventually and finally developed over the wall at the Prosecution? PR lady will be on vacation that week.

What new evidence?

Well don't forget Mr Macaluso has all that evidence that proves Caylee was dumped while Casey was already incarcerated. :innocent: That was due to be turned over at the beginning of Feb. Wonder why the Defense hasn't released the information that would clear their client?
We're all patiently waiting for it....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg