The Suburban memorial site is up for sale. **UPDATE SOLD** OR NOT?

It's been reported that it would cost a major fortune to bring in enough fill dirt to keep the place from flooding. No one, not even LP, is going to invest that kind of money into something with no hope of recouping the money. LP is just blowing smoke.

It's been reported that it would cost a major fortune to bring in enough fill dirt to keep the place from flooding. No one, not even LP, is going to invest that kind of money into something with no hope of recouping the money. LP is just blowing smoke.

ITA Chilly, if the land does not perk which it sounds like it is marsh/swamp there isn't much that can be done with it. They definitely would not be able to build etc.

I would like to think something could be done with it to honor Caylee though.

I think a playground would be really nice, " The Caylee Marie Anthony Memorial Park ", or a butterfly garden would be nice, also dedicated to the memory of little Caylee.
I think Leonard has both the the heart and the financial means to make something really fitting of the property.

SNIPPED: " ...if the land does not perk which it sounds like it is marsh/swamp there isn't much that can be done with it. They definitely would not be able to build etc.

I would like to think something could be done with it to honor Caylee though.

In that same article the real estate agent, Harrison, who says it needs to be filled, also says that he "estimates the owner will likely get just a fraction of the asking price." Check out last paragraph, here:http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/031809_Land_where_Caylee_was_discovered_is_for_sale

Doesn't look like it will take nearly the asking price of $89,900.00 + fill costs to get something done with this property...

The same person/real estate agent who said it needs to be filled, Mr. Harrison, also says that the owner will likely only get a fraction of the asking price...so I wouldn't be too sure, as the post above says, that "[n]o one...is going to invest that kind of money into something with no hope of recouping the money."

People donate monies all the time for worthy causes or celebrations, and I can see it happening in the Caylee case, to celebrate her life, as loved as she is all over the US.

The same person/real estate agent who said it needs to be filled, Mr. Harrison, also says that the owner will likely only get a fraction of the asking price...so I wouldn't be too sure, as the post above says, that "[n]o one...is going to invest that kind of money into something with no hope of recouping the money."

People donate monies all the time for worthy causes or celebrations, and I can see it happening in the Caylee case, to celebrate her life, as loved as she is all over the US.

Yes, people do donate money for worthy causes and most of those people do it quietly and without fanfare. They don't go the media and announce their intentions even before the deal is done. I can't help but envision this sign on the property:

The Caylee M. Anthony Memorial Playground
provided by
WORLD FAMOUS BOUNTY HUNTER, LEONARD PADILLA

Yes, people do donate money for worthy causes and most of those people do it quietly and without fanfare. They don't go the media and announce their intentions even before the deal is done. I can't help but envision this sign on the property:

provided by

I don't disagree with you about some of L Padilla's, er, bandstanding, but, as you know,
the question of this thread is what should he do with the land if he buys it. The question is not what should L Padilla do with his money. ;)

p.s. Although tacky, there are a LOT of people who donate money and have the buildings, developments, etc., they financed named after themselves. :eek: So I'm not endorsing this practice, but just saying L Padilla's not the only one :eek:

provided by

LOL. Yep! That's exactly what he would do.

I'll stay on topic and say I would like him to leave it alone so that the children who live in the area and the schoolchildren in the area don't have to be reminded of the crime.

I love the idea of a memorial park, playground etc...just not where her body was dumped.

Well I emailed him early this morning and he still has not responded. So, maybe he will read it here.
I, suggested to him that if he did buy the land he should use it for a "Safe Haven For Children" in honor of Caylee.... I just hope they don't turn it into a grave site, that would be sad especially with the elementary school right there. I think each county should have a "Safe Haven" where mother's that don't want the responsibility of their child or want to dispose of them can just leave them their and walk away. I would rather that happen than hear on the news that another child was murdered.

Is it considered "wet lands' by the state or anything? If so, he couldn't even fill it in with dirt.

Is it considered "wet lands' by the state or anything? If so, he couldn't even fill it in with dirt.

I doubt if it's a protected wetland, the realtor would have to disclose that in the listing.

Oops, we're off topic. :doh:

probably just wants to buy it to make cindy cringe

Great question. I don't think it is, so I don't think the wetlands restrictions would apply to the use a buyer/L Padilla might put the property to.

Personally I would like LP to buy the land. I think his intentions would be to honor Caylee's memory. Whether he would make it a playground or even just make part of the property a place where there would be a memorial stone/tribute/garden/benches so that the community and others could visit.

I knew of a woman who was murdered by a newly released parolee who broke into her home, he had a prior conviction of manslaughter. Her children were very young and asleep but unharmed. The family honored her memory by making a playground on a piece of land. It was called Patty's Playground.

If he was buying it with a pure heart he'd probably make it a nice playground..if he were buying it to make cindy nuts..he'd probably make it a women's shelter for moms and tots.

Time will tell!

Personally, I hope that if LP does buy that land on Suburban, as it's being reported here: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/031809_Land_where_Caylee_was_discovered_is_for_sale, [/url]

Evening, Chezhire!

I read the article at the link, and it did not mention LP being interested in buying the property, it just discloses the news that the property is for sale and what condition the property is. Is there a link to the offer by LP, or is this just a hypothetical question?

IF the property is purchased by LP, I would hope that he would use it to honor Caylee specifically and ALL missing/murdered children by establishing a park or playground, perhaps a family picnic/play area.

Does anyone know how the property is zoned? Is it commercial? Residential? Are there neighborhood by-laws in effect? (I cannot imagine that any of the neighbors would want to allow anything that would bring more traffic and sensationalism to the area.)

Depending on how the property is zoned, whoever buys it will have to abide by the zoning regulations or appeal for a change of zone.........

Evening, Chezhire!

I read the article at the link, and it did not mention LP being interested in buying the property, it just discloses the news that the property is for sale and what condition the property is. Is there a link to the offer by LP, or is this just a hypothetical question?

This article states LP offered $50k for the land. It also states that residents there are against a memorial at that location.

orl-bk-casey-anthony-leonard-padilla-032009,0,7843529.story
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/orl-bk-casey-anthony-leonard-padilla-032009,0,7843529.story

probably just wants to buy it to make cindy cringe

I was about to say the same thing, LP enjoys antagonizing Cindy.
A playground with a nice memorial plaque for Caylee would be nice.

Evening, Chezhire!

IF the property is purchased by LP, I would hope that he would use it to honor Caylee specifically and ALL missing/murdered children by establishing a park or playground, perhaps a family picnic/play area.

Does anyone know how the property is zoned? Is it commercial? Residential? Are there neighborhood by-laws in effect? (I cannot imagine that any of the neighbors would want to allow anything that would bring more traffic and sensationalism to the area.)

Depending on how the property is zoned, whoever buys it will have to abide by the zoning regulations or appeal for a change of zone.........

Good evening, kgeaux! :wave: Here's the correct Fox link:
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/032009padilla_interested_in_land

We're in agreement re: a playground to honor Caylee + all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back