The Suburban memorial site is up for sale. **UPDATE SOLD** OR NOT?

I'd like to see that location tamed, cleaned, made safe, and into a place where no one would ever dump trash again!

A Zen garden or something equally understated. mo

This article states LP offered $50k for the land. It also states that residents there are against a memorial at that location.

orl-bk-casey-anthony-leonard-padilla-032009,0,7843529.story
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/orl-bk-casey-anthony-leonard-padilla-032009,0,7843529.story

Can't say that if I lived in that neighborhood that I, too, wouldn't be against a "memorial" per se, but I'd want to know more about what kind of "memorial" L Padilla would be willing to finance before I flat vetoed his plans.

If it were something that would benefit my neighborhood, such as a picnic/playground, that was simply "dedicated" or in "honor" of Caylee + missing children, I would be pleased to have that instead of an undeveloped eyesore, which is what the vacant lot is at the present time.

If L Padilla means "memorial" in the sense of a shrine, then I view that as a tourist attraction, which, as I said in my opening post on this thread, I would not want to see happen.

Ya know, I've tried to stay quiet about LP since he injected himself in this case...'cause I really couldn't think of anything nice to say after he bailed Casey out. But when I heard about the land being sold, he came quickly to mind. I can definitely see him doing this...for Caylee.

It's been reported that it would cost a major fortune to bring in enough fill dirt to keep the place from flooding. No one, not even LP, is going to invest that kind of money into something with no hope of recouping the money. LP is just blowing smoke.

so then it wouldnt be worth the asking price would it ?
Is the seller just trying to profit off caylee being found there ?

so then it wouldnt be worth the asking price would it ?
Is the seller just trying to profit off caylee being found there ?

I think that depends on who buys it and for what purpose. I'd assume, depending on the housing market, that if a developer buys it and turned it into multiple lots to build houses, he'd make a profit.

It's been reported that it would cost a major fortune to bring in enough fill dirt to keep the place from flooding. No one, not even LP, is going to invest that kind of money into something with no hope of recouping the money. LP is just blowing smoke.

I completely agree. LP just wants his name back in the news after his numerous blunders on Nancy Grace. I used to think he was trying to help but now it’s clear that he is just another vulture trying to profit from Caylee's murder. In fact, he was actually one of the first vermin using Caylee for his own promotion when he bonded out Casey.

Padilla needs to keep his raggedy old rear-end in California, and he should donate that $50,000 to Tim Miller at TES instead… but we know this is merely another of his stunts to get attention and the 50,000 is going nowhere, just like his supposed rewards that he offered for five minutes each (lol). We shall see if Padilla puts his money where his mouth is.

I agree with Marc Klaas, the property should be left alone & not made into anything.

I think that depends on who buys it and for what purpose. I'd assume, depending on the housing market, that if a developer buys it and turned it into multiple lots to build houses, he'd make a profit.

It's a single lot (only a half acre, at that) and resubdividing it isn't likely to get the neighborhood association's approval, and the city's not likely to approve a request to resubdivide without the nieghborhood association's approval/blessing.

I have never heard of a serious buyer that announces their bid before any papers are signed, unless they hope to be outbid. So, before I offer an opinion......:silenced:

:laugh:
I have never heard of a serious buyer that announces their bid before any papers are signed, unless they hope to be outbid. So, before I offer an opinion......:silenced:
You made me laugh. If we were talking about a hotly pursued piece of commercial property, or the only house available in an upscale, hotly pursued residential area, I'd agree with you, but that's not the case here. I doubt there's going to be a bidding war for this property. If L Padilla really made an offer of $50,000.00, then I'd say that's a serious offer, especially in light of the real estate agent's comments, referenced earlier in this thread, that the seller would likely have to settle for a fraction of the asking price, which is $89,900.00.

There are so many half-finished subdivisions in Florida so I'm sure that nobody will buy it and hope to build houses on it.

It sounds like he just wants his name in the news again.

Well, it seems to me that the very first mention of Paddy (LP) that some peeps jump on the "bash Paddy" band wagon. Go ahead--------"sticks n stones". As far as Paddy's lil ole heart----nobody knows what he holds close. He may seem like a "COWBOY" to some of you but honey--------he can surf on my puter any ole day. He has done some "good" works in his day. Poot------the man is in his 70s. He Doesn't need to "make" a name for himself. He already has done that.

One either likes him or doesn't like him. I like him and it hurts my feeling to see bashing goin on. Isn't there a thread for that? Somewhere down in the basement or the celler? Maybe a "rant"?

Please don't get me wrong--------I don't care if anybody don't like me or Paddy---but please lets be respectful. Thank You!

I hope he buys it for a park.

Also, if he is just saying this to get a "rise" out of CA then good for him.

If he doesn't put the offer in writing, he can back out. Just like he did with the rewards.

I, actually hope he doesn't buy it.

I would like to see a park or memorial built in honor of Caylee but not where she was dumped like garbage. Somewhere else beautiful. Somewhere where CA drives past everyday and sees the great big memorial plaque that someone else had the forethought and caring to build to honor the grandaughter the A's seem to have forgotten.

Regardless of who buys that piece of property I seriously doubt the CA will ALLOW anyone to use Caylee's name in any way, shape or form. I imagine even if there was a small plaque that had Caylee's name on it she would raise all kind of stink about it, and probably sue whoever owned the property or was trying to place a memorial to Caylee there.

The topic is:
If LP buys the site that is for sale, what should he ( or anyone) do with it?

If that is not what is discussed, or something close to it in your post, please self edit.

I hope Lenny or someone does buy it and put up a playground or park or something that kids could enjoy. It doesn't have to be a shrine to Caylee. That stigma will stick with that location no matter what is done with the lot. I would like to see that stigma countered by something kid friendly and fun.

As far as the logistics of building on that lot. I'm sure the rest of the lots on that block were about the same way before they were developed. It would be a task but I'm sure it could be done very easily. The water run off retention pond has already been put in.

- if he has money to throw around and enough to not worry about a return - a park, "Angel Park"

Well, it seems to me that the very first mention of Paddy (LP) that some peeps jump on the "bash Paddy" band wagon. Go ahead--------"sticks n stones". As far as Paddy's lil ole heart----nobody knows what he holds close. He may seem like a "COWBOY" to some of you but honey--------he can surf on my puter any ole day. He has done some "good" works in his day. Poot------the man is in his 70s. He Doesn't need to "make" a name for himself. He already has done that.

One either likes him or doesn't like him. I like him and it hurts my feeling to see bashing goin on. Isn't there a thread for that? Somewhere down in the basement or the celler? Maybe a "rant"?

Please don't get me wrong--------I don't care if anybody don't like me or Paddy---but please lets be respectful. Thank You!

I hope he buys it for a park.

MAMABEAR, I like both you AND Paddy! I've liked him from "Day 1", and will always like him.:blowkiss:

Personally, I would like to see it made into a memorial site, for all missing/abused/ murdered children.. I like the idea of taking something (or in this case someplace) that has been used for an evil purpose and transforming it into a force for good. A thousand forget-me-nots blooming every spring..some pink roses for little Caylee.. yellow ribbons wrapped around every oak tree to call home those who are missing..

Failing that I would like it to be used to establish the most advanced child find mission in the world. Every high tech resource freely available to every family of a missing child...free micro chipping available for those children whose families agree with the principle.. (I don't quite agree with it, but I am getting closer to thinking it may be a necessary evil)..perhaps take the fingerprints of those children whose parents want that done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back