The Use of the Shovel

But we didn't know that before being told and I GUARANTEE neither did Casey... she's demonstrated that she's not the brightest bulb in the box so far...

Some of us knew that without being told. Also, if she would research the chloroform, I think that she would also research the heat created by gas and the heat needed to burn a body.

True, what was never explained was why she could get into the sheds to steal the gas but not to use their own shovel to clear out the bamboo.

I think that she did use the neighbor's shovel mostly to break into the sheds. It should still be tested "just in case" and I think that all of the shovels in their own sheds tested too. I'm sure she used something for a shallow grave.

As for the playhouse being too large to pick up by herself, I pick up my kids' all the time. Mostly by scooting it but I can pick up a corner to lift it over any impediments in my lawn. Having a solid bottom only helps to mash down the offending soil preventing it from appearing disturbed.

Is your playhouse the same type? How much does it weigh?

Some of us knew that without being told. Also, if she would research the chloroform, I think that she would also research the heat created by gas and the heat needed to burn a body.

But you see people on TV including CSI (one of her faves) burning bodies and evidence with gas all the time. She researched the chloroform because they don't show you how to do that on CSI.

I think the gas and shovel was to throw people off. Like LP said the shovel plays no part, perhaps a deterrent.

But you see people on TV including CSI (one of her faves) burning bodies and evidence with gas all the time. She researched the chloroform because they don't show you how to do that on CSI.

I was the one that dug up the stuff about CSI being one of her favorite shows lol. I know that they show people burning evidence a lot but not so much bodies and they still show the chloroform soaked rag over the face trick a lot on TV. I think that she may have been able to move the playhouse, maybe, but it would have had to have been before she got the shovel or after she took it back. I say that only because of how long she had the shovel. This would have been the type of thing she wasn't used to. I highly doubt that she was moving the playhouse every week or so. Do you by chance remember how long it took you to move the playhouse the first time you moved it? I should go buy my kids one just for the experimental value.

It takes zero time to move it as in less than a minute. I grab a hand hold and pull. I do it every time I mow the lawn. In fact, I move it twice a week. Once so I can mow, and again so I only have one large dead spot in my lawn. It really isn't hard at all and I have a very bumpy, hilly and tree root laden yard. If it had been hard the first time, I would have just got out the weed whacker instead of mowing... it is easier to move than it is to get the extension cord, unwind it, get the weed whacker and put it all away.

I think she got the idea for the chloroform from CSI but they don't tell how much to use, etc. If it was an accident, perhaps she was using the chloroform to go out to party and genuinely did not mean to kill Caylee (no, I really don't believe this but it is possible). The research was to see how much wouldn't kill her... conversely, the research could have been to ensure that she died.

Most of the time there is a burned body on CSI, it always seems to have been put out so you don't get to see what would happen if the flames keep being fanned and more gas used. I know that Marcus Fiesel's remains were burned up in a old fireplace in the Cincinnati area using nothing but gas. There was not much left of him but bones.

I am wondering if you are in the Anthony's garage, how do you get into the yard? Is there a door leading from the garage directly into the yard? Or do you have to go through the house first or what? I could not tell in Greta's tour.

I am just wondering how convenient it is to move a body from the trunk to the Anthony's yard if you are parked in the garage. She backed the car in, as we all know, but I'd just like to know how to get to the yard from the inside of the garage. How much privacy would you have moving something from the garage into the yard?

It's really too bad Gladys Cravitz doesn't live next door to the Anthony's. Where are the busy bodies when you need them?

One thing I thought about the shovel is that she borrowed it from a neighbor because she didn't want the Anthony shovel to have evidence on it??? Sort of like taking a shower at Jesse's for the same reason?

But we didn't know that before being told and I GUARANTEE neither did Casey... she's demonstrated that she's not the brightest bulb in the box so far...

I guess I just don't believe that Casey half burned her daughter. Pouring gas on a child I believe she obviously loves, yet took care enough of the gas cans to place them back inside the trunk?

First of all, LP said the other night (when I asked) that the shovel and gas were not important at all. I, personally, find that hard to believe but that's what LP said.

Second, it's been awhile since I've lived in FL but everywhere I ever dug in the Orlando area had a loose sandy loam that was easy to dig to a depth of about two feet where it started getting wetter and denser (and I am NOT a strong person) I was very similar built to CA at the same age). She could have EASILY dug a shallow grave.

The question I have in regards to the shovel is:
!. When Casey went to borrow the shovel where was Caylee at?
Who was babysitting her?
2. You don't leave a 2 yr old alone while going to the neighbors...
3. CA says Casey was going to dig up bamboo / because the points would hurt if Caylee stepped on them yet she never asked her if she took Caylee with her or not????

So many unaswered questions it makes me sick....

I've been helping watch my 2 yr old Grandson & 3 yr old Granddaughter & today it hit me...how anyone could of left a 2 yr old alone at home to go to a neighbors house? At that age kids can get into anything.

I thing that bothers me is George's gas cans story. He said the shed was broken into between 6/22 & 6/24 which means he would have seen the shed lock broken prior to the 22nd if Casey had broken into the shed with the shovel on the 17th or 18th. Since he seems to know for sure it was between these dates he would have had to see the shed before the 22nd.

Who was babysitting her?
3. CA says Casey was going to dig up bamboo / because the points would hurt if Caylee stepped on them yet she never asked her if she took Caylee with her or not????
Good observation, cheko1. I do not believe that that question was brought up before. Not that I have read but who knows anymore. :crazy:

He was suspicious. He went to the cops. He said she had it on the 18th, for about an hour.

Can someone PLEASE point me to the source info that ties the shovel from Brian B. to the 18th definitively if it isn't Mark F.? I know Mark F. made the statement in his interview (date?), but, it isn't reflected in the 400pgs. statement by Brian B. 7/17. Is the Mark F. THE source of the 18th date?

Thanks much!!

Maybe she used the shovel to pry up a paver to retrieve something

When did the grandparents first lock the shed? If Caylee had an accident (drowning?) on the 15 or 16th and Casey had access to the shed and tools and buried Caylee in a very shallow grave under the playhouse. Then on the 18th she panicked, went to the house to dig up Caylee and the shed is locked! So she borrows a shovel from neighbor and it doesn't take long because Caylee is buried so shallow. She then puts her in the trunk and drives around for a few days. Thus the decomp smell.

This is the best explanation of why the dogs hit in the back yard.

I agree, I think that after Casey left, her parents locked the shed and changed the code on the garage and she was completely locked out. Not sure about the accident part. I think she may have moved her more than once. JMO

I thing that bothers me is George's gas cans story. He said the shed was broken into between 6/22 & 6/24 which means he would have seen the shed lock broken prior to the 22nd if Casey had broken into the shed with the shovel on the 17th or 18th. Since he seems to know for sure it was between these dates he would have had to see the shed before the 22nd.

Right. But what makes you think that GA is telling the truth? Not trying to be snarky but I don't think we can take ANYTHING this family says at face value.

Who was babysitting her?

So many unaswered questions it makes me sick....

I've been helping watch my 2 yr old Grandson & 3 yr old Granddaughter & today it hit me...how anyone could of left a 2 yr old alone at home to go to a neighbors house? At that age kids can get into anything.

Lord only knows where Caylee was. Probably already dead. This was after the last time that she was seen. Caylee was not at the house that day according to Brian, the neighbor that she borrowed the shovel from.

Mr. BB the shovel man said in his statement that she borrowed the shovel on the week of 6.16 or the following week. He had been in Chicgo and he just didn't remeber when it was. He was very vague with his dates and then remembered that his oldest son had been in Chicago also but he didn't think he was home yet or maybe he was already back and but just was not a home he just wasn't sure.
The man called LE himself. I would have thought that he would have taken the time to firgure out when his trip date was. Airline stubs, receipts something to give a more solid date with. He did remember Casey only had the shovel for about an hour though and he remembered what she had on and it wasn't like muddy or anything.
Now if LE has received a more specific date since that interview that could be where Mark R. was coming up with 6.18 but it is not in the documents.

I am relunctant to use information from various reporters and takling heads. The news agency has a tendency to edit for time and you may not hear the entire quote of what was said. Even that one interview with GVS with the roommate Clint she got her dates mixed up about Father's day so unless you read the entire transcript of the whole interview you would never noticeand could be basing a theory on incorrect dates.

Right. But what makes you think that GA is telling the truth? Not trying to be snarky but I don't think we can take ANYTHING this family says at face value.

True. I think the whole gas can thing is bs. I don't know why but it's keeps throwing me off which I'm sure was his intention.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back