The Victims of the Colorado Shooting

Updated: 7:01 p.m. Saturday, July 28, 2012 | Posted: 7:00 p.m. Saturday, July 28, 2012 The Associated Press
DENVER —
A woman who was critically wounded in the Colorado theater shooting that left dead her 6-year-old daughter has suffered a miscarriage.
Jacki Kelley of the Jefferson County sheriff's office said Saturday that Ashley Moser is recovering from surgery but that the trauma caused the miscarriage.
more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/ap/ap/crime/woman-seriously-injured-in-co-shooting-miscarries/nP6Bk/

Updated: 7:01 p.m. Saturday, July 28, 2012 | Posted: 7:00 p.m. Saturday, July 28, 2012 The Associated Press
DENVER —
A woman who was critically wounded in the Colorado theater shooting that left dead her 6-year-old daughter has suffered a miscarriage.
Jacki Kelley of the Jefferson County sheriff's office said Saturday that Ashley Moser is recovering from surgery but that the trauma caused the miscarriage.
more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/ap/ap/crime/woman-seriously-injured-in-co-shooting-miscarries/nP6Bk/

I was afraid this would happen. She lost her only child, she may be a quadrapalegic, and now this.

I was afraid this would happen. She lost her only child, she may be a quadrapalegic, and now this.

She is also still coping with the loss of her father 8 weeks ago. The amount of loss this one young woman is dealing with is heartbreaking. I am praying she is given the strength to get through this.

I can't imagine what Ashley Moser is going through.

Here's a pretty detailed article about the injuries suffered by a lot of the victims. It's pretty graphic. It also explained how the hospital worked that night.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21169730?source=pop_section_news

She had 22 small holes in her body from the shotgun pellets — one for each year of her life, she wryly observed later. But while bloody, the wounds were largely superficial.

In the days since then, she has acquired an appreciation for the horrific damage inflicted on others who somehow survived.

"I've still got a lot of gross stuff in me," she said of the pellets that remain embedded beneath her skin. "But what sucks is that 22 holes is the good end of the spectrum."

I have not had the guts to read this thread.
My guts seem to spill out each time that I even try to read here.

To all who lost a loved one and or have a loved one in the hospital:

God bless you, stay strong, keep the faith and take good care of yourselves.
I cannot imagine what you are going through but I want to send you love and healing energy
hugs and kisses too. God bless you and your family in this hard time.

DENVER —

I thought she had given birth last week. I must have read wrong. I'll try to find the article. MM claimed it was a boy. Were there two pregnant women that night?
This is horrible news. :(

I thought she had given birth la wek. I must have read wrong. I'll try to find the article. MM claimed it was a boy. Was there two pregnant woman that night?
This is horrible news. :(

Those are two different pregnant women. One gave birth to a baby boy. Her husband was injured severely and is in the hospital. He was shot in the eye and has brain damage. But the baby boy is fine, and she herself was not injured. And then there is Ashley Moser, who was injured and pregnant but had a miscarriage.

Those are two different pregnant women. One gave birth to a baby boy. Her husband was injured severely and is in the hospital. He was shot in the eye and has brain damage. But the baby boy is fine, and she herself was not injured. And then there is Ashley Moser, who was injured and pregnant but had a miscarriage.

thank you for clarifying that for me.

Omg I feel so sad for the lady who had a miscarriage ;( How devastating.

Anybody watching JVM? The mother of a victim, Rebecca Wingo, is speaking. It's soooo heartbreaking, makes me want to cry.

She emphasized being offended by the gunman's hair in court today. Gives me shivers!

Prayers to Rebecca's family :please:

From the court dox ( link ), here is the complete, and mind boggling, victim list.

Murdered
Jonathan Blunk
Alexander Boik
Jessee Childress
Gordon Cowden
Jessica Ghawi
John Larimer
Mathew McQuinn
Micayla Medek
Veronica Moser-Sullivan
Alex Sullivan
Alexander Teves
Rebecca Wingo
Survivors
Petra Anderson
Adan Avila
Brandon Axelrod
Tony Billipando
Christina Blanche
Maria Carbonell
Alejandra Cardona-Lamas
Louis Duran
Craig Enlund
Alex Espinoza
Jacqueline Fry
Yousef Gharbi
Zachary Goldich
Munirah Gravelly
Eugene Han
Jay Jenkins
Bonnie Kate
Jasmine Kennedy
Marcus Kizzar
Patricia Legarreta
Brenton Lowak
Ryan Lumba
Caleb Medley
Ashey Moser
Stephen Moton
Joshua Nowlan
Pierce O'Farrill
Prodeo Patria
Rita Paulina
Christopher Rapoza
Carli Richards
Dion Roseborough
Carey Rottman
Lucas Smith
Heather Snyder
Ferrah Soudana
Catherine Streib
Jamison Toews
Denise Traynom-Axelrod
Marcus Weaver
Michael White
David Williams
Allie Young
Jansen Young
Samantha Yowler
Gage Hankins
McKayla Hicks
Stephen Barton
Nickelas Gallup
Evan Farris
Jennifer Avila
Jarrell Brooks
Amanda Hernandez-Memije
Kelly Lewis
Bonnie Pourciau
Aggiat Mora
Ethan Rohrs
Nathan Juranek
Petra Anderson
Adan Avila
Brandon Axelrod
Tony Billipando
Christina Blanche
Maria Carbonell
Alejandra Cardona-Lamas
Louis Duran
Craig Enlund
Alex Espinoza
Jacqueline Fry
Yousef Gharbi
Zachary Golditch
Munirah Gravelly
Eugene Han
Jay Jenkins
Bonnie Kate
Jasmine Kennedy
Marcus Kizzar
Patricia Legarreta
Brenton Lowak
Ryan Lumba
Caleb Medley
Ashley Moser
Stephen Moton
Joshua Nowlan
Pierce O'Farrill
Prodeo Patria
Rita Paulina
Christopher Rapoza
Carli Richards
Dion Roseborough
Carey Rottman
Lucas Smith
Heather Snyder
Ferrah Soudana
Catherine Streib
Jamison Toews
Denise Traynom-Axelrod
Marcus Weaver
Michael White
David Williams
Allie Young
Jansen Young
Samantha Yowler
Gage Hankins
McKayla Hicks
Stephen Barton
Jennifer Avila
Jarrell Brooks
Amanda Hernandez-Memije
Nathan Juranek
Kelly Lewis
Anggiat Mora
Bonnie Pourciau
Ethan Rohrs
Nickelas Gallup
Evan Farris
My heart goes out to the loved ones of those whose lives were cut short. It also goes out to those whose lives will be forever changed by this tragedy.

Ashley Moser has been told she will be paralyzed. The Denver CBS article linked below states that it is hoped that she will retain use of her arms, so I think that means the GSW to her abdomen is what severed her spinal cord, and not the neck wound, which would have left her a quadrapelegic, so I guess that is a bit of "luck".
The dailymail link below also contains and additional photo of Ms. Moser.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...ley-moser-massacre-victim-who-lost-daughter-6

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/07/30/shooting-victims-aunt-hopeful-niece-will-be-able-to-move-arms/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-miscarriage-PARALYZED.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

According to a family friend on her fundraising site, Petra Anderson has already left the hospital for a physical rehab facility, and is walking and talking. They have already raised over $250k, which will not only help defray her medical/rehab bills, but also help fund her mother's terminal cancer treatments.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back