The Water Tanks

Hello, fellow sleuths, very glad reading all your feedback/views, definitely had led me into seeing from other angles. After my previous long analysis, I felt something quite certain is that she was either voluntarily went into the hole or someone throw her into the hole while she was unconscious, as the autopsy report shown that there was no trauma and I came to believe that the hole was not that big and she wasn’t a child size for her to accidentally fell into the hole. This does opened to many sort of possibilities. I will comment again when I think of something.

The case cannot be over and done with if there are more than one supportable theories of what happened. Taking all the facts assumed by Userid: the lid was off after poor Elisa was in the water tank; she was not afraid in the elevator; she was not killed by another person; she got in the hole by herself.

Even assuming all these facts to be true (which I happen to agree, except if not fear there was something going on emotionally with her in the elevator (just because no fear and no drugs doesn't mean she wasn't having a mental episode of some kind)) it still leaves open different possibilities, at least three:

1. Suicide. Definitely consistent with the facts but not necessarily the only explanation consistent (so I disagree it's already somehow been established its suicide). Here's theee other possibilities:

2. Accidentally fell in the hole while on the top of the tank

3. Was in some kind of mental instability and decided to go in but not thinking straight and not really knowing what she was doing

4. Didn't fall in and did know what she was doing. Just felt like going in the tank but just didn't think it through how she was going to get out.

Am I missing something?

3 of those 4, would constitute the ruling: "accidental death by drowning."

Suicide is a possibility, yes. However, there is nothing to indicate it as such, at least definitively. Also, I believe the coroner's report had something about her going into "immediate shock." Granted, she could have gone into shock even if she had the intent, but since there's nothing else to corroborate it, it has to be ruled "accidental."

I agree with your list; it's the most logical.

(Snipped)

As to the lid: I think it may well have been open when they found her. But if closed, she could have been looking into the tank with the lid resting against her body and when her body had gone in the tank the lid could have closed by itself.And the ability to swim doesn't do you any good once your keeping yourself above the water finally exhausts you. She wasn't found for two weeks.

As to the hole: Assuming you're right about no accident and no drugs it still leaves two other alternatives besides either murder or suicide based on the low medicine levels. See my post above. As mentioned, whether or not she could close the lid, there's also the possibility of it closing after she went in based on the resting lid theory.

I have been maintaining this from day one: that the lid still could have closed, even if she entered on her own accord. She could have had it half-open when she entered (which would slam closed on its own accord, once she fell through, as she wouldn't have been there to support it any longer) or the pipe that runs across toward the other water tank (in front of the one she was found in) could have also propped open the hatch door. Regardless, the hatch was open when she was found -- so it's a moot point now.

There are plenty of girls who get killed "out of the blue". A young girl traveling alone in that awful hotel with rsos and who knows who else staying there...Any long term or short term guest/resident and/or staff member could know about the rooftop access and water tanks. That method of hiding her body and its disposal might have been more convenient than trying to get it out of the hotel.

I am not saying that this is what happened, but I am not saying this is what didn't happen either, jmo.

Sigh. I'm not saying that there aren't girls who get killed out of the blue. I'm saying that, the particular way that this poor girl died, doesn't fit the m.o. of an opportunistic killer who kills girls out of the blue.

Also, how many people did you ever hear about who were killed for absolutely no reason or motive (be it sexually, financially, etc.), by a complete and total stranger? It's probably happened before -- okay -- but it's highly doubtful it happened to this girl. It simply doesn't add up.

People just need to think sometimes. She's last seen on the 14th floor (even though she's staying on the 4th floor); she's seen getting in and out of the elevator on her own accord and at her own pace; there is a fire escape on either the 14th floor (where she was last seen) or the 15th (one floor up, from where she was last seen, which would be accessible via the stairs, which were in the direction she was last seen traveling to as she left the elevator. No wounds whatsoever on her body or on her clothing. You'd have to think that she was lured up the roof, lured to climb the ladder, and lured to enter the water tank hole, without the killer ever having to lay a hand on her; and for the one and only goal to watch a girl drown. It makes zero sense, in every possible way.

Ok now I'm going to argue against my own posts, or maybe I'm just adding to it.

In addition to the 4 alternatives I listed a few posts back there is one more that also fits the facts: murder. Yes it makes no sense and of all alternatives may be the least likely, but there's nothing to rule it out if a few things are assumed (all consistent with the same facts we've been talking about):

The kind of murder I'm thinking about is some sicko coercing poor Elisa to climb the stairs and go in the tank. Coercion with a knife or gun. There's no physical trauma but what if the trauma was emotional or mental, somehow coercing with no touching. Makes sense? Perhaps not, but surely the mind of such a murderer is not sensible as we know it.

Ok now I'm going to argue against my own posts, or maybe I'm just adding to it.

In addition to the 4 alternatives I listed a few posts back there is one more that also fits the facts: murder. Yes it makes no sense and of all alternatives may be the least likely, but there's nothing to rule it out if a few things are assumed (all consistent with the same facts we've been talking about):

The kind of murder I'm thinking about is some sicko coercing poor Elisa to climb the stairs and go in the tank. Coercion with a knife or gun. There's no physical trauma but what if the trauma was emotional or mental, somehow coercing with no touching. Makes sense? Perhaps not, but surely the mind of such a murderer is not sensible as we know it.

It makes sense to me. I agree it is a less likely possibility, simply because I can't see a motive. Of course, it could have happened that Elisa meets someone in the hallway, agrees to go up to the roof, and then is forced to enter the water tank. Again, not that likely, but possible, yes.

The only reason I keep an open mind about this case is that Elisa seems to want to go down in the elevator, and then ends up going up to the roof in the middle of the night, climbs onto a water tank, opens the lid (or not) and jumps in. At first, I thought this was strange (and I still do) but now I can see that this could be the way things happened. We don't know what she was going through mentally, but it will always be a strangely haunting case, because it is so very unique, and because we have that odd elevator video. I'm no longer convinced, as I was initially, that this was a homicide, thanks to the many intelligent analyses of other sleuthers. But a possibility? Maybe.

Sigh. I'm not saying that there aren't girls who get killed out of the blue. I'm saying that, the particular way that this poor girl died, doesn't fit the m.o. of an opportunistic killer who kills girls out of the blue.

Also, how many people did you ever hear about who were killed for absolutely no reason or motive (be it sexually, financially, etc.), by a complete and total stranger? It's probably happened before -- okay -- but it's highly doubtful it happened to this girl. It simply doesn't add up.

BBM

I think it can't be sure that there was absolutely no reason or motive, there was this missing mobile phone and laptop, she was naked, although there was no sign of rape, who knows what a perpetuator could had done with a victim's naked body.

When someone died in this miserable and complicated/difficult way, to me, it just doesn't looks like an accident.

By the way in my opinion the most likely possibility of the clothes is that once poor Elisa found herself fighting to stay afloat of the water, she must have found wet heavy clothing a hindrance and so removed her clothes.

I think it takes a good swimmer to take off his/her own clothes while drowning in water. Not sure if this means anything?

BBM

I think it can't be sure that there was absolutely no reason or motive, there was this missing mobile phone and laptop, she was naked, although there was no sign of rape, who knows what a perpetuator could had done with a victim's naked body.

When someone died in this miserable and complicated/difficult way, to me, it just doesn't looks like an accident.

All her clothes were accounted for (at the bottom of the tank). It's like you say, there were zero signs of rape or even a scrape on the body, hence, no sexual motive. The clothes could have been removed by Elisa herself while in the tank (in a panicked state, while trying to jump up through the hole) or by simply being in the tank for weeks -- remember, this is a water tank, that was being utilized by the patrons of the hotel....i.e. the water was moving, swirling.

Not only that, but I've supposed before that the clothes were removed by Elisa before jumping in the tank, and placed in the tank by Elisa herself. This would be symbolic and akin to when people who commit suicide tidy their surroundings/bedrooms very meticulously immediately before.

Either way, there is nothing to suggest there was a sexual motive here, other than her being naked. And there is nothing to suggest that she didn't get inside this tank on her own accord. Period.

Of course, no one can know what the exact motive of anyone is this case -- but we can look at the evidence and apply logic.

With regards to the mobile phone -- she had lost the phone before the incident, and wrote about losing it on her blog. I never heard anything about a laptop -- do you have a source? Either way, if a laptop is left in a room, it's getting stolen (most likely by a worker) -- especially in a place like that, and especially if the patron was past her check-out period.

I think it takes a good swimmer to take off his/her own clothes while drowning in water. Not sure if this means anything?

I'm unsure that there's any way to measure this. If she simply knew how to tread water, she realistically could have been able to perform this task. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'd imagine you wouldn't need to be an expert swimmer to perform this task.

Earlier in the thread, I linked a site about drowning. It doesn't take long to drown in cold water. Elisa's autopsy says "rapid drowning" which is consistent with this. Even if she was a good swimmer, she wouldn't have lasted very long in that tank.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back