The Woman Who Shut Up Simon Cowell

I have watched this video so many times. I cried every time. What an astounding voice. And to hear her sing a song that fits her so well not only in terms of voice but of circumstance. Amazing. What a wonderful thing. Simon Cowell is going to help her. He may be nasty but even he has a heart it seems and he knows talent when he sees it too. Bless her heart I think her dreams will come true. Thank GOD for such an inspiring moment.

I hear that Simon has a big heart he doesn't like to publicize.

OMGosh, I just realized I've been on and off this thread for almost a 1/2 hour! I keep reading everything over and over. I keep listening to her singing on UTube. I have Google open on another tab in Windows...searching for everything Susan Boyle. I'm simply mesmerized...wondering how many more silly people are doing the same thing...please tell me I'm not the only one! Good Lord Almighty!

You are not the only one!! I watched and listened to her on utube many times last night. I was so moved. It was just so heartwarming. I cried several times. When I get home from work today, I will listen to it again. I am drawn to it. (sounds weird I know)

I am so glad to see I am not the only moved to tears by her voice. I sat here with tears streaming down my face. It was simply moving and the song was so beautiful from the words to her delivery. (Les Mis is my fav, too.)

BRAVO, SUSAN BOYLE!!!

(Tossing roses to her on the stage)

Could someone post the youtube video as a Windows Media Video File, I'm blocked here at work from Youtube and am about the only one in America that doesnt have internet at home. Or pm the file. Thanks I'd really appreciate it.

Could someone post the youtube video as a Windows Media Video File, I'm blocked here at work from Youtube and am about the only one in America that doesnt have internet at home. Or pm the file. Thanks I'd really appreciate it.

Here's the full video. I implore you to watch the whole thing...Susan is so refreshingly wonderful! She receives a standing ovation before she even makes it to the 1st chorus...incredible! Take a look at Simon's eyes when he rests his face in his hands. To me, he actually looks like a kid in a candy shop and wants to cry out of excitement. To me, this helps to humanize Simon. He looks so cute when he puts his face in his hands, very sweet and innocent. Simply amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY&feature=related

I don't think Simon could have raised his eyebrows any higher. I think that anticipating one voice and hearing quite another was an "a ha" moment for him!!!!!!!!!

Did any of you watch The View today? Whoopie talked about Susan, they also showed a little of the clip but not the entire thing. Whoopie mentioned how her reaction when she saw her walk out was just like how the people in the audience were, I guess not expecting much other than a little amusement. Whoopie was very humbled after she heard that beautiful voice!
Joy B. got on my nerves, all she wanted to talk about was her looks and how now she'll get all made over etc. Couldn't she see the beauty she already is?

I agree, Simon does look like a young boy when he puts his face in his hand, taking a sigh when she reaches right into his heart and steals it!

VB

HOT Dang! She can sing.
What's that thing about judging a book by its cover?

Oh she was awesome! She deserves a label contract... and I think she could really make a name in the West End and Broadway in musicals. I bet her vocals could give Patti LuPone a run for her money, singing the likes of Sweeney Todd's "Mrs Lovett", and the lead in Gypsy.

Goes to show you, talent comes wrapped up in all sorts of packages... Miss Boyle is inspiring...

She was truly stunning. Somewhere on one of the blogs someone asked if people are reacting so strongly to her because of her voice, or because its her voice coming out of such a frumpy package.

I honestly think it's one of the best, if not the best, covers of I Dreamed a Dream I've heard, and I adore the song. Her story makes it all the more meaningful.

And that look Simon gives here halfway through? I've never seen a look like that on his face before. I think it's a face that only his mother or the love of his life had seen to this point.

She was truly stunning. Somewhere on one of the blogs someone asked if people are reacting so strongly to her because of her voice, or because its her voice coming out of such a frumpy package.

I honestly think it's one of the best, if not the best, covers of I Dreamed a Dream I've heard, and I adore the song. Her story makes it all the more meaningful.

And that look Simon gives here halfway through? I've never seen a look like that on his face before. I think it's a face that only his mother or the love of his life had seen to this point.

I would be thinking he was seeing $$$$$ signs. LOL I hope they do not change her to much she is precious just like she is.

Been busy coding but... thought I would take a peak at the MSM to see where Susan's story is at today...

Susan Boyle: Just Who Is The Singer Susan Boyle?
SFGate: San Francisco Chronicle
Wed April 15, 2009 6:28 PM PST
Susan's life has not been one without pain. Sadly, she was starved of oxygen at birth and has a learning disability because of the accident. Ms. Boyle says she was abused and teased by classmates, and reportedly the scars of their comments remain to this day.

[...]

Susan Boyle's stirring song was as much a testimate to the power of the human sprit and a form of grieving as it was a display of talent. Susan wanted to make her mom smile, but in doing so made mothers all over the World smile -- my Mom called and said Boyle was the next Julie Andrews.
Full article: click here

Susan Boyle About to Blow Up Internet
— By Party Ben
Wed April 15, 2009 7:02 PM PST
Wednesday evening: A quick YouTube search shows multiple copies of the same clip making the rounds, but an unscientific sum of all their view counts puts the number at approximately 13 million.

Thursday (prediction): Susan Boyle surpasses Barack Obama as the most popular human being on the planet.

Am thinking she will get her dream: to sing before the Queen.

Britain's Got Talent' Sensation Susan Boyle Invited to 'Early Show'

But the words of her talent traveled through the States that "The Early Show" would like her to appear on the show, singing from her kitchen in Scotland. Anchorwoman Maggie Rodriguez announced the performance on last night's "CBS Evening News."

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00023550.html

Here's the full video. I implore you to watch the whole thing...Susan is so refreshingly wonderful! She receives a standing ovation before she even makes it to the 1st chorus...incredible! Take a look at Simon's eyes when he rests his face in his hands. To me, he actually looks like a kid in a candy shop and wants to cry out of excitement. To me, this helps to humanize Simon. He looks so cute when he puts his face in his hands, very sweet and innocent. Simply amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY&feature=related

Thank you so much for posting that link. She is amazing. I just love those kind of 'cinderalla' stories.

Been busy coding but... thought I would take a peak at the MSM to see where Susan's story is at today...

Susan Boyle: Just Who Is The Singer Susan Boyle?
SFGate: San Francisco Chronicle
Wed April 15, 2009 6:28 PM PST

Susan Boyle About to Blow Up Internet
— By Party Ben
Wed April 15, 2009 7:02 PM PST

Am thinking she will get her dream: to sing before the Queen.

Bold is mine...I seriously expected to go through today without crying again...guess I was mistaken...yep, I think Susan's dream will come true...

I think she looks beautiful in that video on the link you provided Suzi. You can tell she set her hair last night in anticipation of looking her best for the interview. She matched her beaded necklace to her cream sweater.

I see no need for a makeover, not unless Susan wants to have one. If she goes to perform in Broadway or other venues, she will more than likely be dressed for stage.

She's lovely.

She was fantastic! Just an amazing performance of such a beautiful song and what a personality! I loved seeing the judges' expressions and especially, Simon's face.

I must say though, it really strikes me that the judges are so SHOCKED a person who isn't in a "hot package" has that kick-#$$ voice! Ha! The joke's on them, they show their shallowness, going on and on about that aspect of it, instead of just praising her fabulous performance. I love her "that's just one side of me!" about being 47. At least Simon didn't say he was "shocked."

Honestly, I really think we are a shallow society now. Why is it hard to believe that so-called "beautiful people" don't have the market cornered on talent? I remember many wonderful singers and performers who came in offbeat "packages," think Barbra Streisand, and many others. Think of all the "hotties" getting exposure who actually have very little talent.

I hope whoever gives Susan her "makeover" (because you know they will do that to her) lets her have her own great look, working with her natural assets, letting her be herself, one cool woman.

Eve

I do not even know Susan Boyle and am so very proud of her!!! You go, Susan, and GB you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back