Theories about the murder of Allison

David Murray's book gives Websleuths a mention, along with a special mention of our very own Alicat and Kiwijayne! :happydance:

has anyone read this book?

Beauty Queen Murder - Allison Baden-Clay
By Pamela Lillian Valemont

http://www.lulu.com/shop/pamela-lil...on-baden-clay/hardcover/product-21815599.html

No Amee, I haven't read this book although I'd seen it advertised a while back. I was waiting for David Murray's book to be released and have now ordered it.

ETA: The cost of Pamela Velemont's book is AU$71.75 and is 135 pages! David Murray's book is 464 pages and much more moderately priced.

Moderators, would it be possible to start a new thread (with a spoiler alert) for those of us who wish to discuss the book please?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...=94886688&nk=5c4ecafb0f88403fb3394cefabd28add

AVERICK Ipswich councillor Paul Tully embedded a hidden message in a blog about Allison Baden-Clay, accusing her husband of killing her before he was charged.

Cr Tully used a code to share his thoughts on what happened to Allison, with the first letter of every sentence in the blog spelling out an accusation of murder.

Incredibly everyone missed the coded message, written only days after her body was discovered, which spelt out: “THE HUSBAND DID IT”.

The secret message is revealed in a new book, The Murder of Allison Baden-Clay, by The Courier-Mail’s crime editor David Murray.

It can also be revealed that Cr Tully uncovered a secretive police operation in which detectives bugged the flowers on Allison’s coffin in a bid to catch Gerard Baden-Clay in a confession.

Only hours after Allison’s funeral service, Cr Tully sent an email to Ipswich councillors starting with the words “latest goss!”.

No Amee, I haven't read this book although I'd seen it advertised a while back. I was waiting for David Murray's book to be released and have now ordered it.

ETA: The cost of Pamela Velemont's book is AU$71.75 and is 135 pages! David Murray's book is 464 pages and much more moderately priced.

WOW! Thanks Makara. I didnt even notice the price of Pamelas book. Thats crazy!

David Murrays book was only $14.73 on Kindle.

I started it last night and cant put it down.

WOW! Thanks Makara. I didnt even notice the price of Pamelas book. Thats crazy!

David Murrays book was only $14.73 on Kindle.

I started it last night and cant put it down.

I was going to buy the Kindle edition but I wanted to have a hard copy of the book. I can't wait to read it! I like David Murray. He was great on Twitter along with Kate Kyriacou during this case and I think that he had a lot more inside information than Pamela Velemont.

I had a chuckle about Paul Tully's 'coded message'. I can't believe we all missed that one! LOL. Apparently Paul was good friends with Allison's grandfather.

I was going to buy the Kindle edition but I wanted to have a hard copy of the book. I can't wait to read it! I like David Murray. He was great on Twitter along with Kate Kyriacou during this case and I think that he had a lot more inside information than Pamela Velemont.

I had a chuckle about Paul Tully's 'coded message'. I can't believe we all missed that one! LOL. Apparently Paul was good friends with Allison's grandfather.

Kate and David were great. :rocker:

Oh I had a laugh at that as well Makara. The way we all read at looked at everything inside out and upside down how did we miss it ? :laughing:

I also agree with starting a thread for us to chat about the book.

Interesting. Re-watched the 60 mins episode on the Baden-Clay Killer. Inspector Ainsworth, QLD Police, stated that there was a degree of premeditation in his opinion. This emerged following the question of whether or not Baden-Clay would have left his children alone that night.

<respectfully sipped>

I think he'd thought of killing her for some time and it came to fruition during an argument. So, it was premeditated but probably happened on that exact night as all the factors fell into place for him. Though I think they argued about TM and the conference the next day, I don't think this is the real reason why he killed Allison. To him it was "convenient" but incidental. I believe he thought of killing her on several occasions because of the money - he could have kept TM and his other mistresses stringing along for a while. I also think he had a dream of being unmarried and responsibility-free. He wasn't used to responsibility at all - thought he should be able to do what he wanted when he wanted and money should just come to him. Seems like he never really earned anything growing up - it all came easily.

BIB Bekazzled, thank you for this post above. In 60 mins show Inspector Ainsworth states that there was premeditation in his opinion. The question of whether or not he left the children alone is where the inference of an accomplice arises. Your post connects several factors well and makes a lot of sense.The trail goes back a long way with characters such as this, school marks having been 'influenced', reports 'glowing' due to influence, awards given due to 'influence' Year 12 results manipulated due to 'influence' etc, etc, etc ... Eventually, in their adult life where they are expected to perform in their own right, they underachieve. Somebody had always 'fixed' it for them, rules were covertly bent, false public 'image' was presented. The adult character lacks integration, lacks integrity. His character shows that he had learned how to "mimic" accepted societal values, presented the 'image' publicly, but failed the internal representation of them himself. So they were 'hollow' words. My opinion only.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...=94886688&nk=5c4ecafb0f88403fb3394cefabd28add

AVERICK Ipswich councillor Paul Tully embedded a hidden message in a blog about Allison Baden-Clay, accusing her husband of killing her before he was charged.

Cr Tully used a code to share his thoughts on what happened to Allison, with the first letter of every sentence in the blog spelling out an accusation of murder.

Incredibly everyone missed the coded message, written only days after her body was discovered, which spelt out: “THE HUSBAND DID IT”.

The secret message is revealed in a new book, The Murder of Allison Baden-Clay, by The Courier-Mail’s crime editor David Murray.

It can also be revealed that Cr Tully uncovered a secretive police operation in which detectives bugged the flowers on Allison’s coffin in a bid to catch Gerard Baden-Clay in a confession.

Only hours after Allison’s funeral service, Cr Tully sent an email to Ipswich councillors starting with the words “latest goss!”.

These tasty little tid-bits often aren't revealed until later. There is no end to the imagination of investigators these days - bugging flowers on a coffin being just another trick of the trade.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back