Theories on KC wanting the search to stay "local"

The term "Reach out" was made famous in the circa 1980's AT&T advertising slogan "Reach out and touch someone."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwGQUivXVZE

For people who were young adults in the 1980's, this would be a common phrase from pop culture.

But KC was not a young adult in the 80's, she was a child, same as I was. And I can honestly say that I very rarely say "reach out."

With KC it appears , " What a girl wants, what a girl needs, " was right there in Orlando. Look at all the records & our sluething. I think she felt like a big fish in a little pond. The fish she reminds me of is the Japanese Fighting fish the Beta. Remember her comment to parents in the jailhouse videos when asked if anyone could have saw anything, she said, " I hope there would be someone stupid enough to speak out. " Why would it be considered stupid to speak out?

Casey told her parents to search locally simply because she liked having them nearby so they could keep dropping by the jail to praise her and tell her how much they loved her. IMO

With KC it appears , " What a girl wants, what a girl needs, " was right there in Orlando. Look at all the records & our sluething. I think she felt like a big fish in a little pond. The fish she reminds me of is the Japanese Fighting fish the Beta. Remember her comment to parents in the jailhouse videos when asked if anyone could have saw anything, she said, " I hope there would be someone stupid enough to speak out. " Why would it be considered stupid to speak out?

She would make the someone stupid enough to speak out comment because she was still trying to convince everyone that Zanny was a very dangerous person.

Contrary to not_my_kids' assessment, but in no way denigrating it, I believe this was another one of those moments when Casey spoke clearly to her parents. "Don't be stupid and say anything that will get me in trouble."

The term "Reach out" was made famous in the circa 1980's AT&T advertising slogan "Reach out and touch someone."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwGQUivXVZE

For people who were young adults in the 1980's, this would be a common phrase from pop culture.

I remember the AT&T commercials, but I never use the phrase "reach out," and I don't know anyone else who does, either. It's just an odd way of speaking. I mean, why does Lee say to Casey, "when you reached out to Mom?" Why doesn't he just say, "when you talked to Mom?" like everyone else would say? Every time one of them says "reach out," I picture them with their arms outstretched, trying to touch the hands of the person they're reaching out to... drives me nuts!

I remember the AT&T commercials, but I never use the phrase "reach out," and I don't know anyone else who does, either. It's just an odd way of speaking. I mean, why does Lee say to Casey, "when you reached out to Mom?" Why doesn't he just say, "when you talked to Mom?" like everyone else would say? Every time one of them says "reach out," I picture them with their arms outstretched, trying to touch the hands of the person they're reaching out to... drives me nuts!

I work in a business consulting firm, and that's a VERY common phrase here. It really threw me when I first started - I would have people ask me, "Would you reach out to so-and-so and find out if they can help with such-and-such?"

I have not had a chance to listen to all the jail house tapes as I dont always get a long enough or strong enough connection in Germany. In what jail housetape ( with whom ) did this stuff about a boat come up? I would like to try and listen to it & hate to wait another 2 wks before I get back to the states. Thanks

BUMP...

Does anyone know the answer to this? TIA...

If any of them "reach out" one more time, I am going to scream. I have never heard people use this phrase instead of "talk to", "telephone" and "contact".

LOL I know!

If zani really had Caylee, why would kc tell her brother to look locally in all the places her family is familiar with....:waitasec:

KC lacks intelligence. She is not capable of planning anything, no less how or where to hide a body.

You're right, Whisperer. It doesn't compute but it does remind me of her account to police of her own "search". She claimed she looked at Caylee's haunts like Universal, Blanchard Park, certain stores. Yeah, like a kidnapped Caylee or even Caylee under ZFG's control would be choosing where she wanted to go. I guess she is directing her family to do some busy-work, spinning around in circles as she said she did. In other words, do anything that is NON productive and which will not lead to Caylee. It is filler since she refuses to supply the real answers to their questions. Stupid enough to admit they had seen Caylee and ZFG, eh? Yet when you see Caylee's doubles in malls, restaurants, airports, follow right up. Is this kidnapping ring dangerous or not? We know they don't even exist but there is zero consistency in the crazy picture she paints.

This ZFG fantasy is crashing to a halt soon since John Morgan will depose CA & GA and also KC. Meanwhile, they all continue to defame this woman and build her damages.

I have not had a chance to listen to all the jail house tapes as I dont always get a long enough or strong enough connection in Germany. In what jail housetape ( with whom ) did this stuff about a boat come up? I would like to try and listen to it & hate to wait another 2 wks before I get back to the states. Thanks

Bumping this again because I would like to know the answer also.....

Contrary to not_my_kids' assessment, but in no way denigrating it, I believe this was another one of those moments when Casey spoke clearly to her parents. "Don't be stupid and say anything that will get me in trouble."

Hey, you could be right. I am thankful that I don't know what goes on in casey's head. I'm just guessing.
It could even have been a combination of both.

The direction to "reach out locally" meant nothing at all. KC talks off the top of her head and this is the first thing that came into her mind. We don't need to mull over anything she says as she says nothing of value. I couldn't believe Lee going into brain spasms trying to figure out the clues. What a jerk.

If she does have plans, she doesn't seem to execute (pardon the word) them with any degree of efficiency. She flies by the seat of her pants, makes it up as she goes along and lies about it when she needs to. She might get part of something set up, but her organization and follow-through are lousy, and though she's a prolific liar, and a quick one, capable of putting out a lot of detail off the top of her head and sounding ok, she's not a good liar. Her stories have more holes than swiss cheese. Her lies only work if no one checks into them, if the stakes aren't very high and people don't particularly care, or of course if she's spinnin' tales for the Ants. In a police investigation, her lies fall apart within hours. You could throw a blackberry through the holes in her lies. I tend to think whatever happened to Caylee was probably an accident, even though she probably had been toying with the idea of disposing of Caylee and/or other Ants. As per her normal MO, don't think she'd exactly finalized her plan yet. Then after whatever happened, which may have resulted from something else she was planning, she wasn't ready to cover her tracks and was taking the 31 days (and counting) to come up with an explanation, but as usual hadn't quite fleshed it out yet. When Cindy pounced, Casey reponded the way she always did. She stalled for even more time and told a lot of detailed, but easily disproven, lies. And why not, Ants ate it up and are still defending her. Unfortunatley for her, fortunately for Caylee, police started getting her number from DAY 1, or rather Day 31.

As another poster pointed out from KC first jailhouse visit, When her parents asked her what she wanted put out to the media she stated so oddly, Tell everyone loking to, " not make haste " Her words should have been to make haste ! I would give anything to be able to post a pic of KC sitting on Freuds lap tounging him. What a case in study she is.

Well, its obvious the class KC didn't take for graduation was ENGLISH!!

And it seems like CA homeschooled ALL the A's on proper English lol

No clue. I never heard of any boat stuff either!

KA was telling everyone (during the 31 days Caylee was missing) she was having fun with Zanny all over FL..The beach, theme parks, & even on a BOAT..I believe with Zanny's relatives?.

This is the only time I heard anything about a BOAT. :rolleyes:

newbie here! I have been sluething around reading this all for a while though... Didn't KC says she hadn't been able to ask ZFG "why she had left Orlando, and if she was bringing little Caylee back" in one of her interogation tapes??

Welcome Newbie! This does ring a bell but I can't swear to it..Sorry!

Bumping this again because I would like to know the answer also.....

Cindy asks Casey about the "story about a boat" about halfway through the July 25 Jail visitation. The exchange was very short and completely confusing for us uninvolved parties-- it was clear Casey and Cindy were sharing some mutual understanding about a former conversation re: the boat and so there was nodding and Casey said "yeah" or something. I think only Casey and Cindy know what they were talking about.
You can see it in the July 25th visit video.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back