They need to arrest John Ramsey soon...

Super dave--that Lisa Steinberg case still haunts me---beat her to death cuz she kept staring at him---isn't that murderer about to be released? Joel steinberg?

I think Joel was released from prison a couple of years ago.

"Super dave--that Lisa Steinberg case still haunts me---beat her to death cuz she kept staring at him---isn't that murderer about to be released? Joel steinberg?"

Already has! And Andrea Yates on top of it!

lovebites said:
What exactly was their explanation for wanting to leave town immediately following the discovery of their daughter's body? I've never really heard what they gave as their rationale for such an odd reaction.
I can't remember their explanation, JR said something like 'I have something important to do'.

It's not really an odd reaction if you look at it from the point of view that the Ramseys were as guilty as hell and they wanted to distance themselves from the scene and the body.

michelle said:
That is exactly why I dont understand. How can they have no evidence against the Ramseys but so many are "sure" of their guilt?
Do you REALLY want to clear up your confusion? Someone mentioned that the Ramseys did not cooperate with LE. You answered they DID.

How about this: LE (and the then DA) says that the Ramseys did NOT fully cooperate. The Ramseys say they did. Whom do you believe?

But if I had to explain suspicion of Ramsey guilt in the most succint manner, this is what I would say:

A child was found dead with a rope around her neck in her basement. Only three people are known to have been in that house when she was killed: her parents and her brother. No evidence was ever found regarding the presence of anyone else. No break-in traces, no footprints, nothing.

Okay, say YOU'RE the investigator here. Are you going to go around looking for little green aliens from outer space, because, err .... , even if there was NO proof that they stopped by for some human coffee, well ..... they coulda .... and no one has proven that they DIDN'T?

JMO

michelle said:
Well have they ever let known what was on the phone records? And who called who ect.
I don't know about the land line records but the cell phone records apparently showed no calls for the month of December.
Why didn't JR use his cell phone for the whole month of December?
He's only a CEO and it's only the busiest time of the year.

narlacat said:
I don't know about the land line records but the cell phone records apparently showed no calls for the month of December.
Why didn't JR use his cell phone for the whole month of December?
He's only a CEO and it's only the busiest time of the year.
The cell phone records were cleared out before the police were given access.

I don't know if they ever got to check the house phone records.

RJML said:
Oh come on...first, the fibre evidence thing is silly. THEY LIVE IN THE HOUSE. Fibres will travel.

Second, the hand writing thing doesn't mean much. I bet many people would not be eliminated from it. Because she wasnt totally eliminated is IMO lame evidence to try and support this theory.

Do you really think if they were guilty they'd try and get out of town ASAP when it was OBVIOUS they'd be suspects? Wouldnt you think that would help point to them?

I can see them being stubborn with trying to work with LE since it seems they were being tried and convited by LE and the media 3.2 seconds after the case opened. That'd tick me off too if I was innocent yet people continued to claim i was guilty.

I am not saying they are innocent (I HAVE NO CLUE) but the evidence you listed is IMO silly and points to nothing.
To the paint tote?

Funny that so many other people could be eliminated, but not PR.

JR wanted PR as far away from LE as possible, get her out, think later.

lovebites said:
What exactly was their explanation for wanting to leave town immediately following the discovery of their daughter's body? I've never really heard what they gave as their rationale for such an odd reaction.

Well (assuming they are innocent) I for one wouldn't want to stay in the house my daughter was murdered in if I was them....I wouldn't feel safe and they had other family, other grown children they may have wanted to be with in that time of grief.....maybe in someplace they felt more comfortable with than say a neighbors house? Perhaps they simply were not thinking and simply wanted to run away from what was happening.

Maybe So said:
Well (assuming they are innocent) I for one wouldn't want to stay in the house my daughter was murdered in if I was them....I wouldn't feel safe and they had other family, other grown children they may have wanted to be with in that time of grief.....maybe in someplace they felt more comfortable with than say a neighbors house? Perhaps they simply were not thinking and simply wanted to run away from what was happening.
Staying with a neighbor I could understand, but that was not the case! They were trying to board a plane to get out of the state! Within hours of her body being found! How is this helping LE???:doh:

LinasK said:
Staying with a neighbor I could understand, but that was not the case! They were trying to board a plane to get out of the state! Within hours of her body being found! How is this helping LE???:doh:
Ramsey actually had to be told by the police he needed to stick around. Otherwise...well, I guess he expected them to call him in Atlanta if they wanted to ask him something. :rolleyes:

Maybe So said:

But it makes me think of Scott Peterson : Who wants to stay in a house where your wife was kidnapped from?

BirdieBoo said:
But it makes me think of Scott Peterson : Who wants to stay in a house where your wife was kidnapped from?

kidnapped isn't the same as dead.

If your loved one is kidnapped you need to stay home in case she or the kidnappers tries to contact you......in the case of a murdered child I think it would be normal to want to get out of the house she died in.

Maybe So said:
Were talking 20 minutes after her body was found...I for one cannot understand their reasoning for wanting to leave JB alone.....there was hardly time for shock to have set in.

LinasK said:

It isn't helping LE. Maybe that isn't what you think about the same day your child dies. I would not be comfortable at a neighbors house...I would want to head for where my family was...or have them come to me. It's just one explanation. The other explanation is as you say that they were guilty (one of them anyway) and wanted to distance themselves. But wanting to leave in and of itself does not convince me of anyone's guilt in this case.

dingo said:
Were talking 20 minutes after her body was found...I for one cannot understand their reasoning for wanting to leave JB alone.....there was hardly time for shock to have set in.
No idea either...I mean, he just lost his daughter right there. People deal with things differently...but how he was, well, I dunno.

Maybe So said:
It isn't helping LE. Maybe that isn't what you think about the same day your child dies. I would not be comfortable at a neighbors house...I would want to head for where my family was...or have them come to me. It's just one explanation. The other explanation is as you say that they were guilty (one of them anyway) and wanted to distance themselves. But wanting to leave in and of itself does not convince me of anyone's guilt in this case.
An innocent person would have their family travel to them, not leave the area. A guilty person leaving is called "flight of conscousness" I believe is the legal term. It's what O.J. did in the White Bronco chase and Scott Peterson also tried to head for the Mexican border, only he stopped to play golf on the way.

Maybe So said:
kidnapped isn't the same as dead.

If your loved one is kidnapped you need to stay home in case she or the kidnappers tries to contact you......in the case of a murdered child I think it would be normal to want to get out of the house she died in.

Yes, I realize that they are 2 different things, however, the result was the same in both cases (murder). And in both cases, the living family members (In ISP case, the perpetrator) did not want to go stay with a neighbor or in a hotel nearby, they wanted to get FAR FAR away from the scene of the crime. Which I would think is normal if the "someone" who participated in the crime was also the "someone" who perpetrated it.

Continuing with plans to go on a family vacation only hours after one of the family members has been murdered is strange IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back