Through a Juror's Eyes/What do those who haven't followed the case believe? (Merged)

If I were a juror, and knew nothing about this case.....I would listen carefully to everything the defense objects to, and wonder...WHY?

I don't for a minute think there's a juror who doesn't have personal experience with sexual abuse-- either of themselves, a friend, or family member. Even if they believe she was molested, I don't think they'll give her a pass for murdering her child. I've followed this case from the get go, and I think once they have all the information we have, they'll vote her guilty. mo

GREAT thread, because I always wondered what people would think while hearing the testimony of witnesses for the first time!

If your fiance and you are willing..and if he doesn't mind. It would be interesting to hear his thoughts daily after viewing the testimony as a person that has never followed the case!
It gives great insight into what the jury may be thinking daily!!
Love this thread! :)

I think this was my original plan...however....(of course, right!?) My DVR was FULL and did NOT record the testimony from today...OMGGGGG I could scream right now. I did read what was going on in court today, and when I got home, filled my fiance in. We also watched Nancy Grace. He watched some snipets from Tony...and said wow...he sounds like he is annoyed and that he is sticking up for her...as he saw him keep glancing over... I will make sure that I can record tomorrow so that I can keep the forum updated. I like the fact that he can give me a different perspective...but trust me...I am still holding true to my original thoughts because I have seen what the jurors have not yet.

I searched, and did not see anything that this would fit into, so I figured I would start a thread. Mods, please, if this should be moved or removed, let me know, I just feel like....:banghead:

Okay, so I have been one of us that have followed the case from the beginning, and believe me, it has been tough. We have sifted through evidence, photos, done our research, and have also pinpointed some theories that would make sense. At one point or another, I am sure that we all had our theory, and I was one to assume she was guilty, the evidence shows it. This leads me to my very first "thread post"....

I know, I will probably get shot for saying this, but I needed to get it out there.

I recorded two channels yesterday with the intent of following on WS while I was at work, but go home and watch the trial when I get home. My fiance and I sat down, and he has heard NOTHING about this case...I mean nothing. We watched about 8 hours total of coverage including GA testimony. I was floored. ABSOLUTELY FLOORED as the DT Opening Statement, and my fiance would NOT understand why. You see, I am the same age as ICA, and have been though many of the same situations as her and he compared me to her...not in a bad way...but the trauma and age similarities. No, I did not forget my child anywhere, in fact I just had my first born in January. From my fiances point of view, who probably knows nothing but what the jury members know about this case, showed me that the DT opening statement made him feel sooo bad for ICA. He watched the expressions, listened to every word, and even hit rewind quite a few times.

Don't get me wrong, he heard the SA Opening statements too, and was appalled by what he heard, but after he heard the DT he had reasonable doubt.

All opinions aside, he already has reasonable doubt that ICA killed Caylee. When I step in to his shoes, I can completely understand where he is coming from because the stories that JB has stated, are all believable but only...when you know absolutely nothing about the case. (Take in to consideration that they do not yet know a lot of the "details" that we do. Ohhh emmm gee.

Am I a bad person for looking at the DT theory now too? I loved little Caylee, we all grew to love her. I still believe that something happened to her, something tragic, but I am starting to see that there very well may possibly be a not-guilty verdict as far as first degree murder.

A noobies.thread would be great! For people new to the case to report their feelings! *** no comments from us geriatric Caylee case folks.
Where wecould read and get into the minds of those unfamiliar with this case and watch it evolve...
I bet in the end everyone is on the same page

Moo

I had posted this in the sidebar but it fits here so...

My 65 yr old dad, who has a pool and grandchildren, called this afternoon at the lunch break....he has not followed too much and began watching with jury selection.
His points were that he thought after this a.m's testimony it appeared like she just didnt want her daughter anymore, that it was "cramping" her style. (mind you, 24 yrs ago, I was a 19 yr old mother so he's familiar with young, single moms)

He also stated that if the death was an accidental drowning that GA was involved in, there was no way that they would still have that pool up in their backyard. But even more far fetched to him was that an ex LE officer would ever try to cover up an accidental drowning.

Give your Dad a hug from us. ;) Sounds as if he uses good old fashion common sense.

For those who have family members or friends who haven't followed the case, but perhaps watched the opening statements, or read an article about them, or just saw a clip on the news about it, what do they think? How did they feel about the defense's theory? I am interested in hearing the opinions of people whose minds are a blank slate when it comes to this case.

My sister keeps asking me "how do you know that?" after everything I say.

I know, because I kept up. Because I read, asked questions, paid attention, gave it my all, so to speak. She doesn't know, because she perused headlines.

But not she, nor anyone else I know who hasn't followed the case other than an occassional headline from across the eastern seaboard, believes any line of bull put forth so far. Not a smidgeon.

Just have watched the first 2 days of trial + read some posts here. I think the stated defense is the only one that can raise reasonable doubt. Personally I don't buy the sexual abuse but have doubts a mother could kill her child. I do buy the accidental death in the swimming pool. Not sure the father is part of a cover up. What I have, right now, is reasonable doubt. It's only an opinion which may change many times as the trial progresses

I was on a jury once on a case I had not heard anything about in advance. IOW, everything said from the very beginning was new to me. I believed one thing, only to have evidence put forth later to refute it. It kept going like that until the time when everything came together, and it was very clear at that point what the verdict had to be. It was a unanimous vote for Guilty, only one vote was needed.

This trial will be the same. Early on, it is common for jurors to be confused, to be not sure what to believe, to have many questions in their minds, and likely to go back and forth re guilt or innocence but, over time as the prosecution continues to do their job, it will all come together for these jurors.

My sister keeps asking me "how do you know that?" after everything I say.

I know, because I kept up. Because I read, asked questions, paid attention, gave it my all, so to speak. She doesn't know, because she perused headlines.

But not she, nor anyone else I know who hasn't followed the case other than an occassional headline from across the eastern seaboard, believes any line of bull put forth so far. Not a smidgeon.

I have 100+ Facebook friends. In the past year after all my posts I got *one* response on Sunday from a friend that recently moves to Fla. so no it is not followed like I thought it was YET!

My 35 year old son has zero knowledge of the case. The other day I was there and something about the case came on tv, he asked what the story was so I told him the basics (not much in 2 minutes, lol). He said guilty and why bother with the trial. My granddaughter who is 5 surprised me when she saw a picture of ICA and said "she killed her little girl cause she didn't want to be a mom." I tell you that girl is soooooo smart!!

I was on a jury once on a case I had not heard anything about in advance. IOW, everything said from the very beginning was new to me. I believed one thing, only to have evidence put forth later to refute it. It kept going like that until the time when everything came together, and it was very clear at that point what the verdict had to be. It was a unanimous vote for Guilty, only one vote was needed.

This trial will be the same. Early on, it is common for jurors to be confused, to be not sure what to believe, to have many questions in their minds, and likely to go back and forth re guilt or innocence but, over time as the prosecution continues to do their job, it will all come together for these jurors.

I agree. I think the jury was confused on the first day. I think after today, a lot of confusion has cleared up, and they are already getting fed up with Baez and probably wondering why Casey doesn't have a better lawyer. Baez himself is going to sink this for Casey just as much as the evidence will.

We all need to relax and take some deep breaths. It's only been two days of trial! If they totally go with the drowning, sexual abuse after hearing all of the evidence that will say otherwise and not prove any of the defense's claims, I will gladly eat crow for the rest of my life!

Just have watched the first 2 days of trial + read some posts here. I think the stated defense is the only one that can raise reasonable doubt. Personally I don't buy the sexual abuse but have doubts a mother could kill her child. I do buy the accidental death in the swimming pool. Not sure the father is part of a cover up. What I have, right now, is reasonable doubt. It's only an opinion which may change many times as the trial progresses

Not trying to pick a fight with you but given the number of women who have killed their children how can you doubt a mother would kill her child? Susan Smith. Darlie Router. Diane Downs. Andrea Yates. These are just a few of the well known cases but every day a mother kills her child(ren). You might doubt it but it is a heartbreaking fact of life. Now, if you meant this particular mother then IMO you are misjudging the kind of monster Casey Anthony is because I have no doubt at all she killed that baby. And I suspect she had plans to kill her parents, too. She is a stone cold sociopath who has no empathy for anyone. Sociopaths can adapt and appear to care for others but they do not.

As far as what others think...I was at Disney World today and spent some time in lines with people from all over the world. Most out side of the US have no idea who Casey Anthony is or what she is accused of doing. Met some folks from Oregon who saw me checking Twitter on my phone - they knew of it and the women were curious but they mostly knew from watching NG and JVM shows. Met more folks, this time from New Orleans. They knew of the case but had no opinion so we chatted a bit. I laid out the info the state presented (this was a very long line 75 minutes so we had time to talk). I laid out the defense opening argument and George Anthony's testimony. They had some questions and I did my best to answer them. And then one man looked at me and said, "Well it don't take a genius to figure out she killed that baby. Is she gonna fry for it?"

I told him I hoped so. MOO.

Hey peeps.

You may have experienced minor cognitive dissonance, as I just merged the "Through a Juror's Eyes" thread with the "What would people who haven't followed the case believe?" thread. I hope this was not an unduly turbulent jump for anyone.

Please carry on your discussions and thank you for your patience!
:blowkiss:

Ynot

What do the believers of JB say about the duct tape across Caylees nose and mouth?

My hubby, daughter and my mom all watched the opening statements and know very little about the case. They all seem to agree that the opening statement seem way out there even for them to believe. They said DT tried to make it seem as though everyone is out to get ICA even the meter reader. My hubby said by watching ICA it seem to him that she thinks she is all that. He said he didnt get good vibes from her at all. He said GA seemed to him as a broken down man and he did believe GA was telling the truth. My mom asked me where did that lawyer get his license to practice law from a cracker jack box. She said he could come up with something better then that.

If I'm a juror who knew very little about this case --- I would wonder why this defendant has sat in jail for almost three years with this accidental drowning death story. Huh?? Sat in jail while the state filed a 1st degree Murder Charge punishable by death penalty? Why didn't her attorney tell this story to the authorities ages ago??

I lurk on an extremely active college football forum where fans of teams from all across the country post. Since it's the off season, there's a lot of OT posts and a UCF (located in Orlando) fan made a topic about the trial. Most of the people on this forum are men from aged 20-50's. Here's what they thought:

(I'll include their teams' name so you can see where they're from)

UCF Fan: Casey's defense won
Florida State fan: Casey is guilty
Florida State fan: The defense did more than the state because the defense introduced new info (made up or not) and the state just told us what we already know
Florida State fan: I'll be impressed if the defense can explain the tape
Florida fan: It's BS that Casey's father is supposed to be a pedo and he is sitting calmly
Florida fan: Baez did a bad job and will have to blame George because he can't defend Casey with facts.
(Not sure what team) fan: I think Casey did it but her team did a good job raising reasonable doubt
Miami fan: The defense lost when they didn't get a change of venue
Florida State fan: The defense is throwing everything against the wall and seeing what sticks
Florida fan: The defense is desperate and is trying to point the finger at everyone else.
Alabama fan: The defense made Casey look more evil
Virginia Tech fan: The defense won because they created doubt and confusion. They are trying to make Casey look like anyone besides a person that committed a premeditated murder.
Georgia fan: The prosecution has a stronger case than the defense
Florida State fan: Casey did it and the whole family is nuts
Florida State fan: I think the defense is going overboard, when they throw up as many crazy theories as possible, and it may backfire.
Alabama fan: The defense opened the door towards reasonable doubt, but they will have to back it up during questioning.

Most of the posters who replied live in Florida so none of them are a complete blank slate, but I thought it was interesting that some people thought the defense did a good job, but none of them said they believed Casey was innocent.

I have a BAD feeling about this..
I always sort of thought Casey would get off on a lesser charge somehow... But now with all the accusations against George and the drowning thing... especially with that juror who doesn't want to judge people, I totally think the DT just threw this whole case. I hate to say it, but I'm not even interested in watching the rest of the trial. HOW do you even continue on? They'll have to change the course and direction of the trial to show that Casey murdered Caylee and George is innocent of any wrong doing.

I seriously hope they have a plan B :(
Gosh, I hate her even more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix