Through a Juror's Eyes/What do those who haven't followed the case believe? (Merged)

I asked my dad who does not have cable or internet.(web TV only)
He said she is a floozie, that killed her kid to be withal Guy she was stalking!
just damn daddy! don't sugar coat it do you?

btw he told me to stop being a doormat. I need to grow up and face it~ some people are born bad. He thinks GA never touched ICA either.
I'll be 44 next month. Maybe he is right. I blamed CA...

Just have watched the first 2 days of trial + read some posts here. I think the stated defense is the only one that can raise reasonable doubt. Personally I don't buy the sexual abuse but have doubts a mother could kill her child. I do buy the accidental death in the swimming pool. Not sure the father is part of a cover up. What I have, right now, is reasonable doubt. It's only an opinion which may change many times as the trial progresses

Here is my question about that. Let's say it was a simple accident while Casey was supposed to be watching her child. Does it bother anyone else that she would accuse her father of being there too, and of sexually abusing her for years, just to try and create some reasonable doubt?

If it was a simple accident they why would she sit in jail for 3 years and allow herself to go on trial for Capital Murder?

I have followed this case since the release of the 911 calls, read every post on WS, read every document that was made public, watched every pre-trial hearing and tonight I am feeling kinda sad and worried. I really want justice for Caylee and if ICA is not found guilty I will cry for days. I know this may sound silly to be so caught up in this case but I am a grandma now and had my daughter when I was very young and I cared for her and loved her and never for one minute resented not having my freedom. I pray that the jury is able to process all the information about this case that has taken me 3 years to review and study and that they make the right decision. Tonight I will pray for the jury and be thankful for all those on WS who have kept me company throughout this case.

Jess :)
I'm glad that you've started this thread. I've noticed that in the past few months members from other parts of the board have come on over here to share their opinions. I think it's refreshing to read opinions that are new or even contrary to what I believe happened.

As you've stated the members that have been on this board from the very beginning of this case and have read the voluminous documents, countless depo's, pulled "all nighters", when doc. dumps would be published and on and on and on for nearly 3 years.
I lurk most of the time. I lurked for a long while prior to joining, and I still mainly just keep a low profile.

Your hubby never heard the 911 calls, the calls the defendant had with family directly after her arrest, the vids. of the jail visits, all of the things and mentioned above and then some.

You've given me an idea. I have a girlfriend/neighbor who is a wonderful Mama to her 3 youngsters. She barely has time brush her teeth, let alone follow this case. I'm going to do the exact same thing you did. She is a bright, intuitive, caring and loving person/friend. I know for certain she is much like your hubby and knows nothing about this case other than I've been following it since the get go. She teases me when she notices I'm sleep deprived but jittery at the same time due to all of the time I've spent researching and reading about this case, instead of sleeping. After she puts the her kidlets down for the night she has Mama alone for just a bit.
I'm hoping that she can squeeze in viewing just the OS. I let ya know what her feelings are.

Some of the members who have come on over may have been researching and sleuthing others cases. Their posts indicate that they have different levels of knowledge regarding this case, so asking someone here to do this "experiment" wouldn't work.

Ok I'm off to read your thread to see how the other members feelings and opinions.

Fond congrats to you on your first baby!

~please excuse spelling and grammar errors I keep forgetting to put it in my siggie~

I have 100+ Facebook friends. In the past year after all my posts I got *one* response on Sunday from a friend that recently moves to Fla. so no it is not followed like I thought it was YET!

I have 280 FB friends and I got 70 comments to one status I posted Monday about trial day 1 from friends all over the country and one who was watching online from Germany so I really think it depends. Also when I went to the site where they had found Caylee, there were people there who had come all the way from Canada to see things for themselves. That kind of surprised me!

And while I am here What does the I in ICA stand for?? I've read here for years, tried to do a search to figure it out...can't find it. I know Casey Anthony is the CA but what is the I??

I = inmate
Eta: I prefer KC but ICA is what most. use so I do too.

That was one of the things that he did not understand....I tried to explain the 9-1-1 calls to him and all the information that we already know from following the case...and he didn't really understand...I told him to sign up and start reading!!! I guess you make a valid point...sorry...I was just lost in what was going on I guess...yesterday was a very emotional day for a lot of people...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just got to this post and already I'm blabbin'. In case you did not know or have forgotten, he doesn't need to sign up to read here. If he does want to read the information as you know; there are easy links to follow to read the salient points of this case.

Please don't say you are sorry, as I said I think this thread was a great idea and appreciate all that you have shared. Especially your personal story. You certainly seem like a nice gal and I get the idea that you would throw yourself in front of a UPS truck to save your baby. No worries! Look at the difference between yourself and ICA. Need I say more?

I had posted this in the sidebar but it fits here so...

My 65 yr old dad, who has a pool and grandchildren, called this afternoon at the lunch break....he has not followed too much and began watching with jury selection.
His points were that he thought after this a.m's testimony it appeared like she just didnt want her daughter anymore, that it was "cramping" her style. (mind you, 24 yrs ago, I was a 19 yr old mother so he's familiar with young, single moms)

He also stated that if the death was an accidental drowning that GA was involved in, there was no way that they would still have that pool up in their backyard. But even more far fetched to him was that an ex LE officer would ever try to cover up an accidental drowning.

BBM: Good Point ! In fact my sister called me a little while ago with the exact same theory !

IF -- A BIG IF -- Caylee "accidentally drowned" in the pool, they would have taken that pool down.

MOO MOO MOO ..

It's hard for me to imagine what someone who knows nothing about the case would think.

However, they are going to get a ton of information.

The jail calls and visits, the LE interviews with casey, those are really, really powerful. The defense will have to bring in experts who irrefutably state that her attitude is a result of sexual abuse and I don't think they can.

I worry about jurors who cannot critically think or who don't understand the forensics, like juror 1319 I think it is (the one who said she can't judge, which is not my problem with her). I fear they will go with what attorneys seem nice and whether the defendant looks innocent.

But on the other hand, they will be impressed with the party pictures and the cold attitude in her interrogation, and jail communications. They may form an opinion quickly when viewing that.

The jurors are watching casey very intently. They will pick up on things as a result, like how she cried passionately when JB told the story of her victimization but how she sat with that pouty frown, shaking her head no, when her father took the stand and steadfastly denied abusing her, and how she did not meet his eyes and did not cry when he denied it.

They will compare her negation of his statement of innocence with her negation of the prosecution's statements about things she did, which are irrefutably provable.

A lot of what they observe and the opinions they form will be based on subconscious information and understandings.

I am concerned but I still have a lot of hope that the defense will not get away with this.

I remember when I knew nothing about this case. It was the day she was first arrested. I heard 31 days, missing child, stinking trunk and I saw a girl strutting through her perp walk, with a wide-eyed, sultry and arrogant expression that said: "I need to look sexy for all these cameras!" And that's all I needed to know. She killed her kid.

No tales of sex abuse, or head trauma can change my mind. We all know people who have suffered abuse and many of us have personally. Yes, a few turn out to have personality disorders and to be pathological liars, usually those who have suffered intense emotional abuse, but I think most people get that no matter the pathology, no matter the mental issue, when people lie so intently about the whereabouts of their dead children, it's because they killed them, not because they died accidentally. I think the jurors will be able to see that.

I would also wonder as a juror with not much prior knowledge - after hearing about the sex abuse allegations - did her attorney ever seek professional help for her during the course of her incarceration??

I understand your point, Jess, and I agree with you, to a point. However, the Opening Statements are NOT evidence and the Judge instructed the jurors on this. Also, the jury is going to hear a lot more information (from both sides) before the end of this trial. Hopefully, they will use those witness statements and exhibits to reach their verdict. I am trying to watch, read and listen with the same intent, even though I have believed from the 3rd 9-1-1 call (the 31 days call) that she was culpable, in some way.

Bless your heart, I cannot even pretend to do that.

(IMO no one has not followed this case.)

Today I was speaking to a professional & she agreed this case will be a lesson in the the human psyche.

From an emotionally neglected childhood
To a searching for validation thru sex at a very young age
To Cinidy's control/anger to George's "whatever" attitude

The Anthony's have taken out the 'fun' from DISFUNCTIONAL.

The only true tears we have seen from Casey was when describing her supposed sexual abuse. (None foe Caylee)

(IMO no one has not followed this case.)

Today I was speaking to a professional & she agreed this case will be a lesson in the the human psyche.

From an emotionally neglected childhood
To a searching for validation thru sex at a very young age
To Cinidy's control/anger to George's "whatever" attitude

The Anthony's have taken out the 'fun' from DISFUNCTIONAL.

The only true tears we have seen from Casey was when describing her supposed sexual abuse. (None foe Caylee)

Why do you say that? I think it's completely possible that many people haven't followed this case.

PattyG to the rescue again.... :woohoo:

Casey Anthony Trial Day 13 - Part 1 (goes up to Part 22, which is the end of Tony's testimony.)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#g/u

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ4yJnbqgls&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

I think this was my original plan...however....(of course, right!?) My DVR was FULL and did NOT record the testimony from today...OMGGGGG I could scream right now. I did read what was going on in court today, and when I got home, filled my fiance in. We also watched Nancy Grace. He watched some snipets from Tony...and said wow...he sounds like he is annoyed and that he is sticking up for her...as he saw him keep glancing over... I will make sure that I can record tomorrow so that I can keep the forum updated. I like the fact that he can give me a different perspective...but trust me...I am still holding true to my original thoughts because I have seen what the jurors have not yet.

I've been following this case for around 2 years, now, have read most of the discovery, and have thought ICA guilty and deserved of the death penalty.... and JB's statement even gave ME a doubt. So, yes, I can see how someone who has heard nothing/knows nothing could have a reasonable doubt at this point. This is not to say I will have any doubt left in me when the trial is over. I'm waiting to hear all the testimony.

Exactly.

I pulled an all-nighter Monday - Tuesday to clean my house and because there was a kitten (now named Wally) stuck in my wall... :banghead:

It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that opening statements were happening 2-3 hours after I usually go to bed. :innocent:

Anyway... I listened to the state and didn't learn anything new. Thought she did well. I was shocked when she said the F word! :eek:

Then it was the defense's turn.

When he said "The answer is actually relatively simple. She never was missing..."

I was shocked. I did not expect them to waver from the abduction story.

When he then said:

"Caylee Anthony died on June 16, 2008 when she drowned in her family's swimming pool."

I screeched, I gasped and I damn near fell off my bar stool. :thud:

Jose had my attention, without me yelling at him and cussing him out. Mostly because I sat there in total shock and I WANTED a way for Casey to be innocent. That is what I was hoping for in his opening statement.

Even after he made the accusations against George and Roy Kronk which I completely discounted. He had still gained some ground.

Then he cross examined George and lost any ground he had gained. That was ridiculous.

I think that this defense strategy might have really worked...

IF he had left out the Roy Kronk thing.
If he had not accused George of abuse, but maybe someone not named.
If he had not implicated George in the cover up.
If they had just come forward with it earlier.

I wanted to believe it.

I might be able to believe PARTS of it... but not the whole thing. Not even close.

Even with that said... I would be very surprised if they get a 1st degree murder conviction. I think it may end up being a compromise on Manslaughter.

Honestly, I figure the jury is thinking alot like me right now...
The pros. laid out a very good solid case and timeline..
JB was telling Caseys story... It had to be her story because only she and George was there...
JB said in opening statements that she was raised to lie... and the pros. has charges of false reports against her for this case...
To believe JB, you have to believe the conspiracy theory...George , Roy Kronk and all the other witnesses are lying...
but this time Casey is not...!!!!!
JMO... but JB sunk this trial before it even started by saying he could explain exactly what happened to Caylee... now he owns his words...or his $hit for that matter....lol
as far as I'm concerned... his reasonable doubt seeds didn't even get to sprout.. thanks to the SA.. :)

I still don't buy the sexual abuse and believe that the jail letters were written when the DT was coming up with possible defense strategy. AL was on this team.
However, I think the jurors might be confused by ICA's crying when the sexual abuse by her father was brought up. I believe she was crying be because she can't even believe to what lengths they are going to in order to get her acquitted.

So glad to see this thread because I was wondering where to post a little experiment that I did with three friends last night and today - none of whom watch anything other than local news and none of whom had even heard of Caylee before last night when I asked them to participate in my experiment. They don't understand my interest in the case but did agree to endulge me.

I had them all watch most of JB's opening statement and then the 4 of us talked about it just a bit. They did seem a bit confused by JB but couldn't understand why KC was on trial if her daughter accidentily drowned in the pool. (A lot of other questions they had about things he said but I told them I wouldn't answer any of them just yet because I wanted them to come to their own conclusions.)

Then I had one listen to some of the taped interview KC did with LE at Universal. She came back tonight infuriated and told me that she didn't believe a word that crazy lawyer said in his opening and said she didn't have to hear anything other than that interview to know that KC had done something to her daughter and it was no accident.

I had another one read parts of a couple of GA's interviews with LE (from July & Aug 08 I think). She came back and said that she wasn't sure what she thought about everything that JB said, but that she was sure that he lied when he said GA was there when Caylee drowned and that the fact that GA said if he had lost his granddaughter then he had also lost his daughter made her realize that if KC's own father thought she had done something to Caylee then she probably did.

I had the 3rd one listen to the 911 tapes (in order) and she came back convinced that the only thing JB said that was true was that "something is not right with this girl" and that everything else was made up just like KC's story about the nanny taking Caylee.

After they told me what they got from their individual tidbits of information, I let them get together to talk - I still wouldn't answer any of the many questions they asked but just told them to talk to each other instead about the things they heard and read in their individual "assignments". By the time they were done, I heard two of them say that they didn't think it was an accident at all and the 3rd one actually said that she would like to pull the switch on KC herself. (That same one also wants to lynch JB by the way.)

Remember, neither of them heard the SA opening or any thing other than the things KC & GA & CA said in July/Aug 2008 and most of JB's opening. It only took the words of KC and her parents to convince them that everything that JB said was a lie.

I still don't buy the sexual abuse and believe that the jail letters were written when the DT was coming up with possible defense strategy. AL was on this team.
However, I think the jurors might be confused by ICA's crying when the sexual abuse by her father was brought up. I believe she was crying be because she can't even believe to what lengths they are going to in order to get her acquitted.

I don't see how JB is going to convince the jury that Casey is unemotional when they've seen her crying (or pretending to cry) for the past two days.

I really don't think he's thought all this through - even though he's had almost three years to get it all worked out.

I hope they are already wondering why there were no tears when Caylee died, but she has tears now that she's on trial for her life.

I don't see how JB is going to convince the jury that Casey is unemotional when they've seen her crying (or pretending to cry) for the past two days.

I really don't think he's thought all this through - even though he's had almost three years to get it all worked out.

I hope they are already wondering why there were no tears when Caylee died, but she has tears now that she's on trial for her life.

BBM
I totally agree! I think I am getting too emotional about this. Surely the SA will point this out in Closing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back