TH's emails shed light on Horman split

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine who she sent the e-mails to; I've never heard of any relatives on her side, outside of her parents. Surely anyone related to Kaine would have told him? Unless they did not take them seriously?

I can't imagine who she sent the e-mails to; I've never heard of any relatives on her side, outside of her parents. Surely anyone related to Kaine would have told him? Unless they did not take them seriously?

I'm guessing Kristian's wife and/or the sacramento cousins. More likely kristian's wife, imo, b/c she had a new child with Kristian and he had kids from his prior marriage that he was obviously more...erm...*involved* with. They had a lot in common being newly married to men from the same family with children from a prior marriage and brand new babies of their own. And there was distance, so communication via e-mail would be expected. jmoo

Maybe the sacramento cousins b/c there was recent sympathetic communication between them.But I'm leaning toward Stephanie...is that her name?

I tried to reply to the DY presser thread, but it is closed. Did anyone notice that DY said something about she does not agree with the choices Kaine is "making"???? Ok, this is not a quote, but I thought it was interesting that she referred to her disapproval in the present tense. Not I don't agree with the choices he made, but the choices he is making. hmmmmm, I wonder what those current choices are.....if that is what she meant.

mauirain, I noticed! :)

I wasn't sure what to make of it either.

I tried to reply to the DY presser thread, but it is closed. Did anyone notice that DY said something about she does not agree with the choices Kaine is "making"???? Ok, this is not a quote, but I thought it was interesting that she referred to her disapproval in the present tense. Not I don't agree with the choices he made, but the choices he is making. hmmmmm, I wonder what those current choices are.....if that is what she meant.

I think she was talking about Kaine making the choice
not to share with DY and TY the info about TH's alcoholism (that would be coming out in the court documents) BEFORE they had to find out about it through the media like all of the rest of us. That was not a prudent move on Kaine's part and I think that is what DY meant when she made that statement? MOO, of course.

It's such a shame that Kaine and Desiree couldn't maintain their united front, while I understand her anger at this new information it was good to see them rally early on in the investigation as a team. It's very sad that it has come to this.

I am trying to figure out what LE was trying to gain, or what point they were trying to make, in showing these e-mails referred to by Desiree, to Kyron's parents?

Both parents have stated emphatically, to say the least, that they believe Terri is the key to what happened to Kyron. So it wasn't to get them to believe that.

Was it a step in convincing the parents that Kyron is likely dead, murdered by Terri, so that they can move ahead with a case without finding Kyron, having everyone on board?

I can't imagine inflicting this pain on Desiree without a good reason. Now she has to have nightmares about her little boy living with a woman who she now thinks hated her child.

I suspect you're right about LE trying to get KH and DY prepared for a "no body" homicide case.

A parent like Desiree, who is expresses herself eloquently, gives off a sense of emotional honesty, etc, could torpedo a "no body" case if she got on the stand and testified that she believes Kyron is still alive.

Something somewhat similar happened in the Johnny Gosch case. His mother got on the stand in the trial of a man who was believed to be part of a pedophile ring and testified, very sincerely, that she believed her son is still alive because he visited her in the middle of the night (when he would have been 28 years old). That testimony brought down the prosecution case.

I have no doubt Johnny's mother believes it. But I'm certainly not alone in thinking that she is nearly alone in her beliefs, which strain credulity to the utmost.

For DY's sake, I wish KH had done her the courtesy of providing her with copies of his court filings before they hit the media. When she said she had found out all this via the media, my heart clenched for her. I can only imagine the pain she goes through every evening as she wonders what she'll find out via the evening news (or worse, from a reporter asking her "and what is your reaction to X, Y and Z?" when she had never heard X, Y or Z previously).

Posting for reference:

Email sent by Terri April 6, 2010 - two months before Kyron disappeared.

From screenshots and voice overs in video:

- I have to ask him before I go out to meet anyone

- I have no money because I stayed home with Kyron at birth since his natural mom wouldn't - spent all of my 30k to do so...

- I am The one who was able to get him glasses (I noticed at 6 months when I was working with him but Kaine wouldn't go in to a doc until he was 2 years - yeah - he's farsighted 750).

- He's on me about being fat. Wants me to do another show.

- Makes me pay $1000 a month to him for bills although it's my child support and unemployment. I do all the yard work, house work, mowing the lawn, cleaning the gutters.

E-mail: Terri Horman accuses Kaine of being overbearing
Video: http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html?tab=video
Article: http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html?

Posting for reference:

Phone interview w/Desiree Monday Nov 14, 2010 about emails

Regarding email sent by Terri April 6, two months before Kyron disappeared:

Desiree: extreme... extreme hatred for Kyron and she talks about hurting him and things that you just don't talk about with children. I mean, I don't understand how you can feel that way about a 7 year old.

Desiree: I no longer had that little part of me that hoped that she hadn't done anything to Kyron. I realized that she is capable of hurting him, and that was the hardest part about it.

Desiree: I’m just upset that Kyron wasn’t protected when he needed to be and that unfortunately was on Kaine’s watch.

Article:

Young said it is now clear that Terri dislikes her and believes she transferred that to Kyron.

snip

She said she struggles with anger and guilt because she didn’t know more.

snip

She said she’s mainly upset right now by finding out things - like Terri’s alleged alcoholism - through the media and court documents and not from Kaine. Kaine said he’s not hiding anything and is just finding out all of this, too.

Posting for reference:

- I have to ask him before I go out to meet anyone

- I have no money because I stayed home with Kyron at birth since his natural mom wouldn't - spent all of my 30k to do so...

- I am The one who was able to get him glasses (I noticed at 6 months when I was working with him but Kaine wouldn't go in to a doc until he was 2 years - yeah - he's farsighted 750).

- He's on me about being fat. Wants me to do another show.

- Makes me pay $1000 a month to him for bills although it's my child support and unemployment. I do all the yard work, house work, mowing the lawn, cleaning the gutters.

BBM: Kaine said in the presser yesterday that Desiree transferred custody of Kyron when he was 1-1/2 to 2 years old.

ETA: What does "farsighted 750" mean? I don't wear glasses and neither does anyone in my family.

Im not so sure Terri is guilty of this.
Sure maybe she has a drinking problem but wouldnt her lawyer put her in rehab? I also read that the sexting messages to MC seem to be bogus.

It seems Kaine did not want Desiree to have custody of Kyron and ii do not for a nano second believe these 2 ppl have any compassion for each other i really think Desiree has hated Kaine and it shows.

I think Terri is the scapegoat in all this! I might be wrong but something just isnt right here!

Maybe Terri did want Kaine dead! Hopefully this will all come out...

They found Zahara now its time to find Kyron!

God bless our Children!

RE the emails: Kaine responded that they asked the public to turn over any such communications with Terri & that people had been doing so--he seemed to me to imply that they were coming in over a period of time. I don't think LE waited to show them to them therefore & I think they did show them to them to prepare them that Kyron is deceased. Kaine also responded re the alcohol abuse that that information (the severity of it) came to him in bits and pieces until he put it all together. He also stated that Desiree brought up the change in custody to him last year and then never mentioned it again. The whole situation is horrible. I do think that Kaine made poor choices but legally speaking, at least in California, nothing Kaine wrote in his declaration re Terri would have been sufficient for a Judge here to change custody. Sadly so.

Oh, with all of these revelations...the email info, D & K now dividied...this is only going to get uglier and uglier.....it's just begun, I'm afraid. How sad....

It's such a shame that Kaine and Desiree couldn't maintain their united front, while I understand her anger at this new information it was good to see them rally early on in the investigation as a team. It's very sad that it has come to this.

Its a shame, but I am not putting them on a pillar where they are supposed to show graciousness and set new moral high grounds and set new dignity standards for future parents of missing children, whats sad is that we know about this story because there is a missing little boy and his step mom has lawyered up, been exposed for being truly terrible, and refuses to answer some questions about the day the child went missing.

Kaine made a really bad decision probably ever getting involved with Terri in the first place but there is nothing anyone can do about it now, its over, they were meant to be to create the baby, just because a spouse has a drinking problem, does not mean the enabling spouse says, oh, they have a drinking prob, they are probably prone to killing my son, I better pack up the kids and go, I mean most people found in these types of situations are blindsided and filled with great remorse.

The decorum of the the missing childs parents is the LEAST of the concerns here, well to me anyways.

jmo

Just this glimpse at Terri’s e-mails (thanks BeanE, for your organization and attention to this thread!) is pretty fascinating.

Taking Kaine at his word, that everything he wrote in the visitation-related affidavit was news to him…Kaine indicates that Terri is the master of deception and misdirection.

It makes one wonder if any of the e-mail exerpts embedded here are the ones that are deceptive and misdirecting? Does Kaine mean that Terri did what some women do, which is to complain to a sympathetic ear – and fail to copy him on the e-mail? Is that the deception he means? :waitasec:

Surely, there’s more to these e-mails. Kaine asserts that Terri lived another hidden life… We must wait to see what he means… It sounds quite foreboding.

IMO, The fact that Kaine did NOT tell Kyron's suffering mother the things he’s “just now realizing and discovering about Terri” prior to that information making it out into the public arena & media - may be a window into his nature.

Thought carried further: If, in every-day married life, Kaine was similarly callous, one can imagine that an emotionally-unstable Terri could grew to despise him.

And even further: If Kaine is blind to Desiree's obvious pain, suffering and needs at this time, I can almost believe he actually may have "missed" all sorts of signs with Terri.

From the e-mails BeanE's provided here: Did he make key marital decisions unilaterally, with good intention perhaps, in spite of Terri's expressed concern with the choices?

Possible: Kaine is just now facing the possibility that he missed "the signs". As difficult as that is to admit to himself, to LE, to the press; perhaps it is even more difficult to admit to a critical Desiree.

Possible: Desiree & Kaine’s relationship has always been strained; they have a history and they have their reasons for this. We don’t know exactly, but there have been hints in early interviews (from Desiree, with Kaine, in the interviews, seemingly unclear why there should be hard feelings - moo). Terri and Desiree’s relationship was also always strained. Desiree acting independently of Kaine now means she’s growing stronger and getting back to the “normal” of her strained relationship with Kaine. She feels she can critique his choices. No doubt, she feels as custodian parent of Kyron he bears some responsibility here. Right or wrong – she has a history with him and is entitled to her feelings on that point. Whether it’s somehow helpful to the case that she airs those feelings publicly, I suppose we wait and see. If that is grief & anger speaking or if there is more to this story we wait & see. Whether that was an appeal for Kaine and others to be more open, honest and forthcoming to her, we wait and see.

Hopeful: Desiree & Kaine may find a way to continue to work together through this horror they are living. But if Kyron is not alive, it might be less stressful for them to simply part ways. If Kyron has passed, I feel certain Kyron’s parents will find a way to love and honor him always. :cow:

In spite of everything that is difficult with this step-family dynamic, so far I see no reason here that Kyron should just be gone. If Terri did this, I fear she did it from a place of anger, insanity and depravity. I hate to say that, but if Terri did this, I've little hope Kyron survived it. :(

snipped for e-mail quote:
Posting for reference:

Just a thought:

This got my attention. If Terri's older child (Terri's source of above child support) was not living with Terri - that $1000 contribution Kaine required toward household bills would no longer be an issue.

That's a big financial hit on a household. Wonder if that was a way to get back at Kaine? He took "her" money, so she decided he shouldn't have it?

probably not...just a thought...

BBM: Kaine said in the presser yesterday that Desiree transferred custody of Kyron when he was 1-1/2 to 2 years old.

ETA: What does "farsighted 750" mean? I don't wear glasses and neither does anyone in my family.

Farsighted people can see far away, but not close up.

Near-sighted people can see close up, but need glasses to see further away. (This runs in my family, so I'm well-acquainted with it.)

It has to do with the shape of the eyeball. Over time, people with astigmatism/nearsightedness might have to get bifocals to see both near and far. My youngest son has both problems and just got bifocals at the age of 14.

IMO, The fact that Kaine did NOT tell Kyron's suffering mother the things he’s “just now realizing and discovering about Terri” prior to that information making it out into the public arena & media - may be a window into his nature.

Thought carried further: If, in every-day married life, Kaine was similarly callous, one can imagine that an emotionally-unstable Terri could grew to despise him.

And even further: If Kaine is blind to Desiree's obvious pain, suffering and needs at this time, I can almost believe he actually may have "missed" all sorts of signs with Terri.

From the e-mails BeanE's provided here: Did he make key marital decisions unilaterally, with good intention perhaps, in spite of Terri's expressed concern with the choices?

Possible: Kaine is just now facing the possibility that he missed "the signs". As difficult as that is to admit to himself, to LE, to the press; perhaps it is even more difficult to admit to a critical Desiree.

Possible: Desiree & Kaine’s relationship has always been strained; they have a history and they have their reasons for this. We don’t know exactly, but there have been hints in early interviews (from Desiree, with Kaine, in the interviews, seemingly unclear why there should be hard feelings - moo). Terri and Desiree’s relationship was also always strained. Desiree acting independently of Kaine now means she’s growing stronger and getting back to the “normal” of her strained relationship with Kaine. She feels she can critique his choices. No doubt, she feels as custodian parent of Kyron he bears some responsibility here. Right or wrong – she has a history with him and is entitled to her feelings on that point. Whether it’s somehow helpful to the case that she airs those feelings publicly, I suppose we wait and see. If that is grief & anger speaking or if there is more to this story we wait & see. Whether that was an appeal for Kaine and others to be more open, honest and forthcoming to her, we wait and see.

Hopeful: Desiree & Kaine may find a way to continue to work together through this horror they are living. But if Kyron is not alive, it might be less stressful for them to simply part ways. If Kyron has passed, I feel certain Kyron’s parents will find a way to love and honor him always. :cow:

In spite of everything that is difficult with this step-family dynamic, so far I see no reason here that Kyron should just be gone. If Terri did this, I fear she did it from a place of anger, insanity and depravity. I hate to say that, but if Terri did this, I've little hope Kyron survived it. :(

He left Desiree when she was PREGNANT with Kyron for Terri, while his behavior is despicable how about looking at the woman who got him to leave his pregnant wife, what kind of woman even can get with a man in good faith knowing he has a PREGNANT wife.

And yes, they probably didn't have the greatest relationship, most parents aren't chummy buddies with their ex's and confide their spouses dirty laundry, so this not shocking he was candid about Terris drinking with Desiree.

All his faults, are not as bad as hating a little child, like Terri appeared to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500