TH's polygraphs

snipped and bbm

Something about Kaine's actions don't ring true with me either but I might not should post that.

Feeling the same here. IF you discover someone close to you is responsible for a terrible crime and you are the only one who knows, you might go into denial about it to preserve whatever shred of normalcy you have left, trying to protect something of life as you knew it. And in doing so, you might look like this dad: a "deer-in-the-headlights"; shell-shocked, dazed and very very confused.

ALL of that merely my OPINION...

The only thing I can come up with is a behavioral evaluation. When I worked in the child behavioral clinic we had the parents and teacher periodically fill out behavioral checklists to monitor the child's progess in behavioral treatment.

We haven't heard anything about Kyron being in treatment of that nature as of yet, but that's one possibility to explain this "paperwork".

How long would a behavioral evaluation take? I'm wondering if the teacher didn't expect Kyron back later that morning, with his backpack and jacket being at the school.

Either the first poly was inconclusive or they neglected to ask a question that didn't seem relevant at that time , but now it is relevant.

Yes, I am pretty sure LE knows if/when the appointment actually was and can easily verify that.... I wish I knew what it was for.

IMO, it has "motive" written all over it...any paperwork needed to be filled out by a teacher has to be some sort of behavioral/psychological testing, there is no way it could be anything medical.

I don't think there has been any confirmation on whether or not Kyron might have been dx with a learning disability, though I've read discussion of it as fact elsewhere. It is something that could definitely be a factor in the SM-did-it scenario. OR, if it hadn't been dx yet, this appointment could have been related to a recommendation from the school that psycho-ed testing be done. I understand that most school districts have diagnosticians to do that at no cost. I also know that families sometimes have the option to pursue testing on their own through someone in private practice. That would be very costly though.

can medications, such as steroids effect results?

also, I am thinking maybe the rest of the family is telling her she doesn't need a lawyer, convincing her she is fine to talk without one?

Either the first poly was inconclusive or they neglected to ask a question that didn't seem relevant at that time , but now it is relevant.

Yes, I am pretty sure LE knows if/when the appointment actually was and can easily verify that.... I wish I knew what it was for.

IMO, it has "motive" written all over it...any paperwork needed to be filled out by a teacher has to be some sort of behavioral/psychological testing, there is no way it could be anything medical.

What motive?

I know of teachers who have to fill out paperwork if the child has ADD so what makes that so sinister?

We don't even know if the paperwork may have already had a date and time for the appointment when given to the teacher. We don't even know if the teacher even read it then or just put it to the side.

If the teacher thought it was for that day then why wasnt the paperwork completed and returned to Terri then? What good is an appointment without the teacher's notes on how the child is doing in school?

IMO

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.

ubm

If she gave her the paperwork the day before (Thurs) she was at the school so was she really there to scout out her plan OR to confuse whoever may have seen her when she dropped it off OR both?..This would explain why LE was asking the public about what they saw on BOTH days.

I'm guessing the form may have something to do with a 'summer camp' & then the only one needed to fill it out would be the DR..Unless Kyron has some kind of 'issues' the camp would need to know about?

I don't think there has been any confirmation on whether or not Kyron might have been dx with a learning disability, though I've read discussion of it as fact elsewhere. It is something that could definitely be a factor in the SM-did-it scenario. OR, if it hadn't been dx yet, this appointment could have been related to a recommendation from the school that psycho-ed testing be done. I understand that most school districts have diagnosticians to do that at no cost. I also know that families sometimes have the option to pursue testing on their own through someone in private practice. That would be very costly though.

My experience with the public schools in three different states is that any parent can request testing for their child and the district provides it free of charge. I do NOT know about Oregon schools, however (though it was my understanding this was a federal mandate and not a state mandate).

Well, I'm just trying to figure what kind of questionnaire a physicians office would require his classroom teacher to fill out??? I could see the school requiring a paper be filled out by a doctor regarding medications and permission to administer - but why would the Dr. need something from his teacher?

Unless this was a behavioral/psychiatric type thing and it wasn't an appointment at the medical Dr.'s office.

Why would the teacher have to fill out paperwork in advance regarding a doctor's appointment?

Discussion of this over on the SM thread too. Various diagnosis require them, my son had to have them for his ADHD. Since so much of the day is spent in school it is a very good tool for the doctor to use to both diagnose and to follow their their progression.

What motive?

I know of teachers who have to fill out paperwork if the child has ADD so what makes that so sinister?

We don't even know if the paperwork may have already had a date and time for the appointment when given to the teacher. We don't even know if the teacher even read it then or just put it to the side.

If the teacher thought it was for that day then why wasnt the paperwork completed and returned to Terri then? What good is an appointment without the teacher's notes on how the child is doing in school?

IMO

It's hard to believe any teacher could or would complete the paperwork by the next day especially with so much going on at the school so that could be why SM didn't ask for it back IF she gave it to her at all..It seems like SM is trying to make the teacher the 'scapegoat' in all of this but if so she's gone totally OVERBOARD in her attempt making it look even more suspicious.

What motive?

IMO

It is not sinister to me that the teacher had to fill out the paperwork, I am sure this is a rather common occurrence. You are right, it prob didn't even have a date on it.

I just mean that the fact that Kyron had the need for the appointment at all might have been what caused her to snap. Maybe she didn't think she could handle a child like that and that it might cramp the perfect family she had imagined in her mind.

ubm

If she gave her the paperwork the day before (Thurs) she was at the school so was she really there to scout out her plan OR to confuse whoever may have seen her when she dropped it off OR both?..This would explain why LE was asking the public about what they saw on BOTH days.

I'm guessing the form may have something to do with a 'summer camp' but unless Kyron has some kind of 'issues' the only one needed to fill it out would be the DR.

I think maybe she brought in the paperwork on Thursday and also got it back on Thursday. Then i think she probably did make a comment on friday across a busy room/gym to solidify it/remind the teacher in order to make sure the teacher wouldn't be concerned later.

I think maybe she brought in the paperwork on Thursday and also got it back on Thursday. Then i think she probably did make a comment on friday across a busy room/gym to solidify it/remind the teacher in order to make sure the teacher wouldn't be concerned later.

ITA with this..but I think the reason she was so concerned with letting people hear her talking about the appointment was because she wanted to make it seem like she had no knowledge of the fact that there would be no future anything with Kyron. The more she commented on that appointment, the more it would seem like there was nothing out of the ordinary going on. She knew there would be no appointment.

As always, just my humble opinion.

I am a teacher. I have been a teacher for over 10 years. The only paperwork I have had to fill out for doctor's appointments are the following...

Connor's Report for suspected ADD/ADHD
Behavior summaries for psychologists
Environment report for severe asthma patient

IMPO, Kyron was probably exhibiting symptoms of ADD or ADHD. He may also have a "syndrome" but everytime I have posted info about it...it was deleted...so, I'll wait.

Many pediatricians and developmental pediatricians require documentation from someone observer/caretaker/teacher in addition to the parent to show that the child is having behavioral issues. The doc can't come to class to see that Kyron is "staring out of the window or making irritating chirping noises," so they require the teacher to document the "problem".

Because prescribing ADHD/ADD meds is not an exact science (doses must be adjusted according to behavior rather than lab tests), Kyron's teacher had to document his behavior until the doc finds the dose effective to control Kyron's behavior/lack of concentration/hyperactivity/etc...

(Disabled children are far more likely than non-disabled children to be abused.)(I'm an old psych nurse in the process of being "vetted".)

Feeling the same here. IF you discover someone close to you is responsible for a terrible crime and you are the only one who knows, you might go into denial about it to preserve whatever shred of normalcy you have left, trying to protect something of life as you knew it. And in doing so, you might look like this dad: a "deer-in-the-headlights"; shell-shocked, dazed and very very confused.

ALL of that merely my OPINION...

I have been reading My Life with Susan Smith and I am not shocked if Kaine thinks his wife is innocent. David Smith went 9 days believing his wife's every wod, telling police and media to back off his wife. I think most people would be like there is no way in he!! my spouse did this.

I have been teaching for a long time. The only time I have filled out paper work for a doctor's appt. is for ADD/ADHD evaluation. This package is about 10 pages long and only requires to circle a number for each question. The numbers represent the frequency in which a behavior occurs or doesn't. It doesn't take long to do and never has an appt. date on it. When it is a regular appt. no paperwork at all and the parent usually calls the office the day of and does not notify me directly. If it is a sick visit the parent calls the day of and when the student returns to school they may bring a doctor's note saying they are well enough to return. HTH

There are, of course other times we are required to fill out paper work for students, but this would be for ESE students who are already receiving special services from the school. This paper work would come from inside the school and not from the parent.

ETA- At my school the teacher only marks the student absent, any follow up is performed by the office staff. There is one person assigned to this task and we send any notes received to the office with the attendance and they keep them on file. Parents do not notify teachers in advance of an absence, and if they do we refer them to the office. The office decides whether or not the absence will be excused.

But why do that when SM knows the teacher can only hear out of "one ear"? That would be a dumb move on SM's part (IF it's really true about her hearing which I seriously doubt) if the purpose was to make sure nobody would be looking for Kyron..OTH!..It did give SM an 'out' to claim she didn't hear her (cos of so much noise) so she could later blame the mixup on the teacher..I suppose in her (warped) mind either way was a win-win situation.

OK guys this is not a second SM thread this is a thread about the Lie Detector.

Get back on topic. Discuss this turn of events in the news...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemo1961
Back