AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #3

There was a case a few years ago where a teen about the same age disappeared on his way to school, also with noted medical conditions, that seemingly dragged on without any answers. He was found deceased a few months later in a neighbor's empty (holiday) house, having gotten stuck while crawling down the chimney.

I wonder if a similar fate happened here.
Harley Dilly, thread here: Found Deceased - OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #5

When asked about the photo Katie commented that LE is investigating, this was a few days ago. Chris said it is not Sebastian.
The shoes, the way his shoulders hang, the way his arms are, the way his feet are, glasses, nose, chin shape, hair style and color, I believe this is him. Wonder why Chris would be so sure it's not him when his biological parents see SR in the photo. Has anyone else seen the comparison between the woman I'm the recent photo and photo of a woman with a family member of SR? All my opinion of course aside from the comparison of the lady.

The shoes, the way his shoulders hang, the way his arms are, the way his feet are, glasses, nose, chin shape, hair style and color, I believe this is him. Wonder why Chris would be so sure it's not him when his biological parents see SR in the photo. Has anyone else seen the comparison between the woman I'm the recent photo and photo of a woman with a family member of SR? All my opinion of course aside from the comparison of the lady.
I don't think the glasses match. (That is, assuming the comparison photo of SR shows his current pair.)

It looks to me like SR's glasses frame is only dark on top, while the other photo shows a glasses frame that looks dark all the way around.

MOO

The lady in the NC picture is wearing her hair the same way as Seth’s sister in the prayer group. She states it is not her and looks nothing like her! Seth said he doesn’t know the woman in the NC photo.

Yes, it was odd, while Katie kept her personal opinion to herself she did know LE was working to find the ppl in the picture. If she felt it wasn’t Sebastian she didn’t say so. Seth was quiet the first day but did come out saying he thinks it’s his son. He headed out to NC. First up with an opinion, Mr Chris who stated It isn’t Sebastian. Not: I don’t think it’s him, or I don’t think it looks like him. It’s not Sebastian. Things that make me go Hmmm?!

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
<modsnip - no MSM link to support>
Remember that children with autism may communicate their needs by engaging in atypical behaviors. If either of these scenarios may be the case, maybe Sebastian has behavioral needs that required him to receive additional supports like following a structured routine (to meet desired behavior goals) or replacement strategies to mediate undesired behaviors (moving his bed to a different environment to reduce occurrence of aggressive or destructive behaviors that were occuring in his bedroom). I am in no way trying to justify the actions of parents, in the case that Sebastian was living in an abusive environment that was not supportive of his needs, but rather provide perspective as to how dynamics might be different for households with children that have special behavior needs. I have no idea if Sebastian ever received behavior intervention services or worked with direct support professionals, although I did read that he was only diagnosed with autism one year ago. I am still gathering details about his parents and family dynamics so I really don't know if anyone in Sebastian's life was educated in ABA or actively worked on supporting him around his behavioral needs. From what I've read it seems that his parents treated him as a typical kid with expectations that he could display skills that are typical for his developmental age.

IMO I will always wish for the best possible outcome where Sebastian is miraculously found safe and unharmed, that given his circumstances he eloped following a stressor at home, at school, in the community, etc. Unfortunately with the amount of time that has passed since being reported missing, the possibility that he is still out there is dwindling. As much as it pains me to think about another child that has been harmed - I believe he was met with foul play.

I am still learning more details about the case so if someone could confirm which of this information is accurate and approved for discussion, I would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the glasses match. (That is, assuming the comparison photo of SR shows his current pair.)

It looks to me like SR's glasses frame is only dark on top, while the other photo shows a glasses frame that looks dark all the way around.

MOO
I think that’s a lighting difference. SR’s glasses could be dark all the way around, but the way the lighting is in that comparison photo, it appears that they’re lighter on bottom.

MOO

View attachment 501415
I agree, I think that the glasses are more square like Sebastian’s former gray pair, while the new ones are more rectangular. Of course he could’ve gotten new glasses, it’s been 2 months.

At the risk of sounding like an absolute idiot who no longer understands today's technology, even though I'm only in my early 30's... could the photo have been created using AI? If someone pulled together all the photos that are publicly available of Sebastian and created this new one using bits and pieces we already have eg the way the arm is held, the foot position, etc

I may be way off, and I'm not convinced of it either, I just wondered if this is a possibility

Apologies if I'm embarrassing myself here!

My immediate thought was AI as well — some people can be evil. However, I would hope that LE would’ve openly stated if they’d found it wasn’t a real picture. There are ways of telling, and if they haven’t outright said it’s AI, it gives me more hope that it’s legit. MOO

At the risk of sounding like an absolute idiot who no longer understands today's technology, even though I'm only in my early 30's... could the photo have been created using AI? If someone pulled together all the photos that are publicly available of Sebastian and created this new one using bits and pieces we already have eg the way the arm is held, the foot position, etc

I may be way off, and I'm not convinced of it either, I just wondered if this is a possibility

Apologies if I'm embarrassing myself here!
Definitely. AI images are scary good these days.

With so much likeness to Sebastian in that photo, and as you said, the family saying it is Sebastian, IMO, the only way Chris can say it is NOT Sebastian is if he knows for a fact that it could not possibly be him. Take from that what you will. MOO

The lady in the NC picture is wearing her hair the same way as Seth’s sister in the prayer group. She states it is not her and looks nothing like her! Seth said he doesn’t know the woman in the NC photo.

Yes, it was odd, while Katie kept her personal opinion to herself she did know LE was working to find the ppl in the picture. If she felt it wasn’t Sebastian she didn’t say so. Seth was quiet the first day but did come out saying he thinks it’s his son. He headed out to NC. First up with an opinion, Mr Chris who stated It isn’t Sebastian. Not: I don’t think it’s him, or I don’t think it looks like him. It’s not Sebastian. Things that make me go Hmmm?!
I'm confused, why did the private investigator not go to NC or at least accompany Seth?
I was interested in the expertise, background and training, success stories for the current PI. So odd, to have PIs with YouTube, FB and Instagram, discussing the case. I tried to look up Chloe, but couldn't find a a last name? I could not find a business listing, and the website is a ".org", these are restricted to non profits/501c3 and I couldn't connect for some reason.

Seems Nashville and Knoxville has some super agencies, former FBI, etc.
Moo...if my child was missing, I'd hire the best of the best, maybe former FBI. Former FBI usually have "connections".

Moo....

I agree, I think that the glasses are more square like Sebastian’s former gray pair, while the new ones are more rectangular. Of course he could’ve gotten new glasses, it’s been 2 months.

Or they could be an older pair.
They do appear to be of the same style he wears.
In all photos of Sebastian’s wearing glasses so he obvs needs to wear glasses. I’m the same, so I hang onto old ones as spares - just in case.
And if he is on the move, he may have a few pairs with him, cause I imagine they’re going to be hard to replace in the foreseeable future. IMO

With so much likeness to Sebastian in that photo, and as you said, the family saying it is Sebastian, IMO, the only way Chris can say it is NOT Sebastian is if he knows for a fact that it could not possibly be him. Take from that what you will. MOO
My thoughts exactly. To say without a doubt it's not him would have to mean the person saying NO knows for sure there is no way possible he's anywhere he could possibly be photographed. All of my opinion of course.

Having stared at a lot of photos in my days, I think the photo is AI generated + actual photo + photoshop etc. (background for instance) and a similar person of Sebastian or just his face generated onto a similar body or vs.versa).
What strikes me as odd in the pic is 1. it's only 1 photo, not a live , not a series, not a vid. Usually, people press that photo button several times, especially if they really want to capture something.
2. the lighting is off, and the sharpness vs. blurriness in places.
3. The relaxed postures of the people in the pic at such an odd location "drive in" is odd. As well as the driver who took the pics closeness to the people.

That said, we don't have the raw or a better solution one. If it is not AI (in some way or photoshop) I would simply believe it was either 1. taken at another time 2. it is just someone who looks like him and the other person looks "like people" or have been edited in.

Parents want to see the sign of life of their child even if there is none. Or they want to cover something up.
JMO.

My immediate thought was AI as well — some people can be evil. However, I would hope that LE would’ve openly stated if they’d found it wasn’t a real picture. There are ways of telling, and if they haven’t outright said it’s AI, it gives me more hope that it’s legit. MOO
I don't believe we will hear the specific details regarding Al or facial recognition for the photo.
I DO believe the FBI thoroughly investigated the photo. The FBI has amazing capabilities at Quantico and they do prioritize children.

I help chaperone, a yearly school trip to DC. We spend a day at the FBI crime lab, Investigators have a presentation with a question amd answer, lab tour and observe through glass windows. It is so cool. It's so much more than what you can imagine from TV.
Key points of the FBI’s use of facial recognition include the following:

• FBI policy strictly governs the circumstances in which facial recognition tools may be utilized, including what probe images may be used.
  • FBI uses facial recognition technology for law enforcement purposes with human review and additional investigation. The FBI’s use of facial recognition produces a potential investigative lead and requires investigative follow-up to corroborate the lead before any action is taken.
  • Every face query—including results received from our partners—is reviewed and evaluated by trained examiners at the FBI to ensure the results are consistent with FBI standards.
  • The FBI is committed to ensuring that FBI facial recognition capabilities are regularly tested, evaluated, and improved. In addition to system testing, the FBI has partnered with NIST to ensure algorithm performance is evaluated.
Moo...
The sheriff’s office confirmed to WSMV4 that they’ve looked into and reached out to North Carolina authorities about the picture; nothing credible has been found from their inquiries.

....Chief Deputy Eric Craddock said the sheriff’s office has continuously followed up on all leads that come in.

The Sumner County Sheriff’s Office maintains they have found no evidence of foul play.

MOO
Seth did address this concern/question when he appeared on The Pascal Show a couple of days ago w/TM.

Seth explained that Sebastian goes through multiple pairs of glasses a year (probably around 6). He accidentally breaks them (e.g. falling asleep on them/rolling over on them, Seth says).

Also, speaking to this, Seth mentioned Sebastian does sometimes have multiple pairs of glasses available to him @ same time (again, per Seth in The Pascal Show interview).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back